It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Was One of America's Top Psychics -- And Like All of Them, a Complete Fraud

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 05:11 PM
link   
Also worth reading is the Psychic Mafia.

A description is here.

In 1976, M. Lamar Keene came out with an explosive tell-all autobiography titled The Psychic Mafia. It's a book everyone interested in the paranormal should read.
Who was M. Lamar Keene? For years he was a highly successful medium, working at Camp Chesterfield, a spiritualist retreat in Indiana where dozens of mediums plied their trade. He mastered all the mysteries of psychic phenomena and wowed his clients:

Like the author of this new book, Keene worked in the industry for a few decades until he simply couldnt take it anymore.

But the gullible public doesnt listen, and the industry still thrives. This new book wont change anything either.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Unity_99
What they are doing is trying to clamp down on disclosure, ufology, and all psi, seek within, experiences, despite, releases from scientists working with major university that telepathy is real and he worked with Ingo Swann, and all the thousands of studies done that more than prove it. At 34%, or 7-8% above the average for the left hemisphered college student subject, ie the science student subject they had most at hand for their studies. But when they shifted those studies to the right hemisphere group, ie. artists, creative people, those who have had psi moments, knowing for example who was on the phone, then their tests went up to over 60%, basically it was a stat about 40% above the expected neutral.

That this man is saying, like them all I was a fraud, NO SIR, WHAT YOU MEAN IS, "I AM WORKING FOR THE ELITE TO MAKE YOU SLAVES AND SHUT DOWN YOUR AWAKENING." BRAVO, SIR. GOOD JOB. YOU'VE MADE A TRAIN WRECK OF YOUR LIFE. MAKE A U-TURN AND WORK FOR THE PEOPLE.
edit on 6-8-2012 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

yup the satanic-sith pseudosceptic movement is not to be trusted

US Federal Agents Arrest Top "Skeptic..." www.bolenreport.com...

googling "amazing randi is a pedo" gives : About 3,120,000 results

many are quite eye opening

DISCLAIMER:
not accussing our freind aloysius here
[who is more into mentally choking the chicken]

just pointing out a few things that might be of interest

one wants to be careful who one associates with after all.
or what hidden agends they might be promoting

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by alfa1

Also worth reading is the Psychic Mafia.

A description is here.

In 1976, M. Lamar Keene came out with an explosive tell-all autobiography titled The Psychic Mafia. It's a book everyone interested in the paranormal should read.
Who was M. Lamar Keene? For years he was a highly successful medium, working at Camp Chesterfield, a spiritualist retreat in Indiana where dozens of mediums plied their trade. He mastered all the mysteries of psychic phenomena and wowed his clients:

Like the author of this new book, Keene worked in the industry for a few decades until he simply couldnt take it anymore.

But the gullible public doesnt listen, and the industry still thrives. This new book wont change anything either.

This looks to me like people stopped believing him, and he needed another way to con people out of money, hence his book.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 05:22 PM
link   
From an MBTI perspective, "psychics" have strong extraverted feeling Fe, and introverted intuition, Ni.

I would guess they're almost always INFJ's, or ENFJ's.

Yea, it's most cold reading, but there's a bit more too it than that.

You can also make a killing in poker if you learn to wall off your Fe from other people, yet continue to take in all the available information. You must be willing to deceive and manipulate on top of that, and this usually doesn't seem to jive with people of this psychological profile.

As for real psychics?? I gave up thinking along those lines long ago. I'm with the OP. If someone can prove it, I'll change my mind.
edit on 6-8-2012 by unityemissions because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 05:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Aloysius the Gaul

no - I'm quite sure you are completely wrong about both of those statements, but feel free to offer some verifiable evidence to support them - my belief is based upong the available verifiable evidence - if you've got some that shows me I'm wrong then I'll change my mind.

Here ya go:

The Speed of Thought: Investigation of a Complex Space-Time Metric to Describe Psychic Phenomenon

For more than 100 years scientists have attempted to determine the truth or falsity of claims that some people are able to describe and experience events or information blocked from ordinary perception. For the past 25 years, the authors of this paper—together with researchers in laboratories around the world—have carried out experiments in remote viewing. The evidence for this mode of perception, or direct knowing of distant events and objects, has convinced us of the validity of these claims. It has been widely observed that the accuracy and reliability of this sensory awareness do not diminish with either electromagnetic shielding, or with increases in temporal or spatial separation between the percipient and the target to be described. Modern physics describes such a time and space independent connection between percipient and target as nonlocal.

Quite sure, are you? Completely wrong is it?

Scientific research into extrasensory perception (ESP) has made enormous progress since the founding of The Society for Psychical Research in 1882 by a distinguished group of Cambridge University scholars. The societyís purpose was to examine allegedly paranormal phenomena in a scientific and unbiased manner - the first organization of its kind in the world. Now in the twenty-first century, the evidence has become overwhelming that our thoughts and bodies can be directly affected and influenced by the thoughts of another person, or by events and activities at a distant location blocked from ordinary perception. Although we do not presently understand the detailed mechanisms underlying psychical abilities, thousands of experiments have been carried out successfully in dozens of laboratories around the world establishing the existence of some form of ESP. We present here a theoretical model to elucidate some of the phenomena underlying the remote perception ability, while remaining consistent with modern physics. For example, our model is in good agreement with the ideas presented in the recent physics book The Nonlocal Universe, where we read, "...the universe on a very basic level could be a vast web of particles, which remain in contact with one another over any distance [and] in no time," H. Stapp

There are more things in heaven and earth, Aloysius ,Than are dreamt of in your philosophy.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jean Paul Zodeaux

no - I'm quite sure you are completely wrong about both of those statements, but feel free to offer some verifiable evidence to support them - my belief is based upong the available verifiable evidence - if you've got some that shows me I'm wrong then I'll change my mind.

Here ya go:

The Speed of Thought: Investigation of a Complex Space-Time Metric to Describe Psychic Phenomenon

For more than 100 years scientists have attempted to determine the truth or falsity of claims that some people are able to describe and experience events or information blocked from ordinary perception. For the past 25 years, the authors of this paper—together with researchers in laboratories around the world—have carried out experiments in remote viewing. The evidence for this mode of perception, or direct knowing of distant events and objects, has convinced us of the validity of these claims. It has been widely observed that the accuracy and reliability of this sensory awareness do not diminish with either electromagnetic shielding, or with increases in temporal or spatial separation between the percipient and the target to be described. Modern physics describes such a time and space independent connection between percipient and target as nonlocal.

Quite sure, are you? Completely wrong is it?

Did you try to comprehend what this paper says?

It says there is a model that might allow something like ESP ......

Here's the bit of hte abstract you conventiently left out:

In this paper we present a geometrical model of space-time, which has already been
extensively studied in the technical literature of mathematics and physics. This eight-dimensional
metric is known as “complex Minkowski space," and has been shown to be consistent with our
present understanding of the equations of Newton, Maxwell, Einstein, and Schrödinger. It also has
the interesting property of allowing a connection of zero distance between points in the complex
manifold, which appear to be separate from one another in ordinary observation. We propose a model
that describes the major elements of experimental parapsychology, and at the same time is consistent
with the present highly successful structure of modern physics.

So not actually evidence of anything "psychic" at all. Sorry about that.

... .... For example, our model is in good agreement with the ideas presented in the recent physics book The Nonlocal Universe, where we read, "...the universe on a very basic level could be a vast web of particles, which remain in contact with one another over any distance [and] in no time," H. Stapp

There are more things in heaven and earth, Aloysius ,Than are dreamt of in your philosophy.

no.....not yet.
edit on 6-8-2012 by Aloysius the Gaul because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aloysius the Gaul

Please explain in detail what your interpretation of the word "psychic" means.

As far as I can tell, that is, indeed, psychic phenomena which is taking place.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Are you under the impression that this bit of abstract you cited somehow supports your contention? Seriously, if you thought this don't you think you would have bothered to explain how? It is richly ironic that you make a thread about some mystic playing mystical incantation games and now you do the same. You posted for too quickly and foolishly in an attempt to refute a study you clearly have not yet read. You did not have the time to read it...unless you're psychic and simply gleened the data from that study instantaneously. If you did, then you know what that study say's about instantaneous thought and the universe.

Sigh.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 05:44 PM
link   
reply to post by BlueMule

You can't? But you can certainly prove that there is a method of calculated questions that can provide you with an outcome based on the answers provided from those questions. Which all tarot card readers and psychics use.

Take the Radica 20Q, an amazing game that proves there is an exact science to predicting and winning almost any question asked by knowing your answer by filtering down an exact series of questions to get to the answer.

By the way, the Radica 20Q was a science experiment on artificial intelligence way back in the 80s by Robin Burgener a software architect. So far it’s accumulated 10 million synaptic connections all through a very simple Mathematical Algorithm.

My point is, I have been to many, I have even say down with some of the worlds best and they were so far from the truth, because, I did not let them use the "known" secrets of potential abilities on me. Each time they try without being able to use the "known" historics of cheating, they fail miserably.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 05:45 PM
link   
reply to post by unityemissions

Aloysius cannot explain, he was simply using the priest class sects mystical incantation, and only hoped that if he pointed out I truncated a mile long abstract that this would some how make readers think that I had misrepresented the data he couldn't be bothered to read.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 05:46 PM
link   
reply to post by caladonea

A preference towards NOT making money from it has been my experience with those that "can"

it sure would be cool if we were all psychic.

b

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 05:48 PM
link   
reply to post by milkyway12

Idiots believing stupid crap is not the same thing as it being true.

There's absolutely NO proof for psychic powers. None.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by acidsweep
This looks to me like people stopped believing him, and he needed another way to con people out of money, hence his book.

You're mistaken.
He was on top of his game at the time of quitting, but couldnt stand living the lie. Lying to gullible idiots, in front of God, and a certain woman he became attached to.

Read it yourself with this pdf.

Finally we had a confrontation in which I told him I was sick and tired of the whole business– the fraud bit, the drug bit, the drinking bit, the entire thing– that I wanted to make the church into a legitimate Christian metaphysical congregation teaching the power of prayer and positive thinking, and cut out the seance-room charades.
Raoul simply said no, it wouldn’t pay well enough.

edit on 6-8-2012 by alfa1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 05:54 PM
link   

I haven't read the article, but do I get it right he was a psychic for 25 years, leeching money from people, and is now publishing a book about his - let's call it neutral - "past"?

Reminds me of caught criminals who start to work as a security-consultant (for a lot of money) afterwards. Exploit the system, twice, yeah.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 05:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Bspiracy

Payment for spirit/psychic work should come from the spirit world and not from human hands IMO.

As an example, after the reading I linked to, spirit paid me by giving me a job leading to more spirit work/experience. Physical payment and spirit/psychic experience that is on going.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by unityemissions

Originally posted by Aloysius the Gaul

Please explain in detail what your interpretation of the word "psychic" means.

As far as I can tell, that is, indeed, psychic phenomena which is taking place.

Perhas you can explain to me what "psychic phenomena" you think is taking place - because as far as I can see the paper is talking about a MODEL.......not any actual phenomena at all.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by longlostbrother

There's no proof that gravity exists either, but there sure are a lot of "idiots" who buy that one. There are several aspects of gravity that don't make any sense at all, but that doesn't stop people from believing in its existence.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jean Paul Zodeaux
reply to post by unityemissions

Aloysius cannot explain, he was simply using the priest class sects mystical incantation, and only hoped that if he pointed out I truncated a mile long abstract that this would some how make readers think that I had misrepresented the data he couldn't be bothered to read.

Did you use your psychic powers to determine what it was I did and didn't do??

dude the paper talks about a MODEL - it is right there in the abstract and the conclusion and elsewhere - and it says the MODEL is consistent with "known" multi-dimensional space.

It does not say that psychic powers exist - it says that multi-dimensional space is consistent with some known psychic search results.

Now this may ideed be a first step along explaining or showing what psychic poweres actuall are and that they exist and how they work.

But it sure as hell isn't proof that they do exist, and the authors do notactually claim it is proof or even evidence - onoy you and your ilk do

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by longlostbrother

Sort of like there's no hard proof in God, Jesus, Allah, Demons, Ghosts, UFO's (extraterrestrials) or any of the many entities that religions/beliefs proclaim to be the being(s) from another world/dimension. What's your point? LOL. No one is forcing anyone to believe anything, it's either you do or you don't.

The OP is about some guy who conned many people, now he's trying to tell the world all psychics are frauds. Honestly, it sounds to me like that guy is looking for attention from his 'disclosure' to make more money. Frauds will be frauds.

Again, real psychics probably wouldn't waste time on sites like this, let alone try to prove to random people on the internet because they demand it.
edit on 6-8-2012 by acidsweep because: (no reason given)

edit on 6-8-2012 by acidsweep because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Cool thread...

Its about time ATS gets away from all this new age mumbo jumbo of psychics, aliens and little grey men in flying saucers from who cares where...

Yup its a refreshing trend

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join