It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An Upset Guest Walked Out of My Restaurant Because Her Server is Gay

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Reading the replies here tells me how crazy the USA is.
You allow religion to pour in to every crack of your society, not to mention it is your society.
I mean, you have majority of USA citizens who are more likely to vote for someone, because he is religious!
Wtf?

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 05:04 PM
link   
reply to post by DocHolidaze

Fair enough. Thanks for your reply.

i simply suggest that in a the real world were people constantly judge and look for weakness one should man up(man or women) and block themselves from further oppression, when your by yourself or with a trusted loved one cry as much as you want its good for you. but to make a public display about it will make one appear weak, sorry that is the truth, if this guy has any co workers that don't like him or want more hours they now have a tool to hurt this guy because they know that a few harsh words will deter him

Yes, in the "real world" people constantly judge....and look for weaknesses.....
the prob is that sometimes a "public display" cannot be 'stopped'......but then the person is judged even more? Do you not see the problem with this? A customer cruelly dismissed and humiliated him and made him cry.... and now his coworkers are going to latch onto that and see to it that he's run off??!

Yikes...his coworkers using his emotionality as a "tool"?

That's just sad.
But, again, thanks for your thoughtful reply...

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 05:06 PM
link   
reply to post by voidla

NO!!!
Nonono, please, DON'T think of that as the majority of Americans. No, most of us want to live and let live....to have jobs, and enough to eat, and to stop the asinine wars all over the frigging place, and to let other people do whatever they want without being publicly ridiculed.....

*weeping*

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 07:39 PM
link   
The truth is that deep inside in a place the most dedicated Liberals will never admit exists lies a truth, They believe that Homosexuality is deviant. Homosexuality is not a skin color or region of birth. It is not a religion or political ideology.

Now most of America hoping to be PC joins in the acceptance chorus. The average American only wants to be left alone and for the most part thinks that others deserve the same. Then there is the group that are willing to simply outwardly say “no, it is wrong”.

Where the Gay movement has gone wrong is that they do not truly know how people feel. It is not what they say or how they act. For most the marriage issue pushes it over the edge and runs head long into the hidden reality that the majority of Americans outwardly accept you, inside they do not. We do the best we can because you are members of our family, you may be our friends. or neighbors and people we respect for what you do in the conduct of your life and we may even love you. Still if we could change things we would not want you gay.

People will never say it to your face; they will behave as expected and decry anyone deemed a homophobe. In reality they do not truely accept, understand, or ever in their wildest dreams hope that their children are gay. That is the truth. Like it or not. Take what you can get ,live and let live, most of us cannot blame you for trying. Most of us wish you no harm but do not ever think that the your perception ever represents the reality of life.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 10:00 PM
link   
be gay as you want, there is no control over that

don't act like a flamer. when i have to work i have to be pretend to be interested in what people want.

world in peace

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 10:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Eriktheviking87

How does being a flamer take away from doing your job? I like interesting people.

CJ

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by pierregustavetoutant
Not sure where you live, but here in New Orleans her eating out options would be quite limited if she doesnt like gay waiters. Her loss. We have the best food on the planet.

ETA: This story sounds a bit manufactured. If it is not, no offense, just sounds pretty made up is all. I say this as a former waiter/bartender and as someone who usually sniffs out made up stories.
edit on 2-8-2012 by pierregustavetoutant because: (no reason given)

People are really bad now. I believe this story because this happened to me over my religion. A customer came in and began chewing me out for the symbol on my neck because it was for a religion that wasn't his. He's done this to me twice now, telling me I'm going to hell and that I'm confused for not being Christian. He even told me I need to go to school to learn about God.

I respect his right to tell me that and I respect that he is happy with his religion but it's uncalled for to be ridiculed by the customer. Especially because they know you can't retort.

Needless to say, I made sure he got crushed fortune cookies.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 11:22 PM
link   
Good thing I wasn't there, I'd have told the lady that Jesus spoke to me and wanted me to tell her to stop being a bigoted bitch.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 11:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Avalessa

Originally posted by pierregustavetoutant
Not sure where you live, but here in New Orleans her eating out options would be quite limited if she doesnt like gay waiters. Her loss. We have the best food on the planet.

ETA: This story sounds a bit manufactured. If it is not, no offense, just sounds pretty made up is all. I say this as a former waiter/bartender and as someone who usually sniffs out made up stories.
edit on 2-8-2012 by pierregustavetoutant because: (no reason given)

People are really bad now. I believe this story because this happened to me over my religion. A customer came in and began chewing me out for the symbol on my neck because it was for a religion that wasn't his. He's done this to me twice now, telling me I'm going to hell and that I'm confused for not being Christian. He even told me I need to go to school to learn about God.

I respect his right to tell me that and I respect that he is happy with his religion but it's uncalled for to be ridiculed by the customer. Especially because they know you can't retort.

Needless to say, I made sure he got crushed fortune cookies.

You don't have to put up with that crap, your boss should tell the person to leave you alone or just leave. May I ask what religion you are? No worries if you'd rather not. I'm just curious (nosey).

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 11:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Avalessa

Crushed fortune cookies? Has this guy never heard of the Chinese dish "Someyung guy'scome"?

CJ

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 11:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Suspiria

OMG, this made he laugh so loudly!! To see that would have been priceless!! I would have applauded this server and asked for him to be my waiter! I am a Christian, but I choose to follow Jesus's example of love and forgiveness!!!! Not hatred, bitterness and judging others and there is alot of that going on from both sides of this issue!

But, in response to this whole thing, I also want to say that I do support Mr. Cathey and Chick-Fil-A, because for me this isn't a case of gay vs straight or christian vs not......this is about Free Speech. If government officals can harass and threaten to block a companies right to do business, then what hope do you have of being able to say what and how you feel!!! I have never been asked if I was gay or straight at Chick-Fil-A before placing an order.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 11:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shaiker
This makes Rom Emanuel smile.... The whole publicity stunt was to create division and drive crazies like this woman over the edge. Liberal Agenda causes a fight then offers a shoulder.

Do YOU even believe that crap? This is exactly why I've almost quit coming here. I guess it IS a conspiracy theory site, what should I expect? Oy.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 11:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by VeraciousSeeker
reply to post by Suspiria

OMG, this made he laugh so loudly!! To see that would have been priceless!! I would have applauded this server and asked for him to be my waiter! I am a Christian, but I choose to follow Jesus's example of love and forgiveness!!!! Not hatred, bitterness and judging others and there is alot of that going on from both sides of this issue!

But, in response to this whole thing, I also want to say that I do support Mr. Cathey and Chick-Fil-A, because for me this isn't a case of gay vs straight or christian vs not......this is about Free Speech. If government officals can harass and threaten to block a companies right to do business, then what hope do you have of being able to say what and how you feel!!! I have never been asked if I was gay or straight at Chick-Fil-A before placing an order.

I'm so tired of explaining this it hurts. I'm a Christian too, but I don't support them, not because of free speech, but because they give millions of dollars to hate groups. Do some research. Unless you're just hiding behind the free speech thing as an excuse.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 11:33 PM
link   
reply to post by VeraciousSeeker

I agree! And Denny's should be able to support the KKK! Let the chips fall where they fall.

CJ

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 12:19 AM
link   
reply to post by staver

Not hiding behind anything, .....just feed up with the BS! I am so FEED up with CHRISTIANS that think only their way is the way!!! Get a grip , Judge not least you be judged....all I'm saying, but then again I expected responses like yours..... it is the norm and why WE aka All Christians are treated the way we are!!

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 12:55 AM
link   
reply to post by VeraciousSeeker

ohhh at the hate groups Chick-Fil-A supports.....

www.snopes.com...

They should be so ashamed for what they do......making awesome chicken sandwiches and selling them to ANYONE that comes in and wishes to buy one!! And, OMG!!!! they support a cause THEY believe in, just like Ben & Jerry's and Starbucks and Apple!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good Lord what where they thinking!!!!!!!!!!!!

Would your opinion be any different if they supported gay marriage???? Mine wouldn't so where is the logic????

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 01:26 AM
link   
reply to post by staver

So yeah, since ATS is all about pics or it didn't happen.......

www.youtube.com...

All I see here is some hate mongering against Chick-Fil-A, employees.

Pics or it didn't happen right???

I apologize to the OP, that your post has been hi-jacked. Again, I would have asked for your waiter to serve me, had I been there, please express my apologies to this young man for the way he was treated.

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 02:14 AM
link   
To the person who said that they were only words and sticks and stones, etc. is oblivious to the fact that many times words leave the worst wounds of all. Words often leave the worst unseen scars and permanent damage to one's psyche.

To the thoughtless person berating the waiter for crying at his hurt, what is wrong with you? There is not one thing wrong with crying because you've been deeply hurt by some ignorant boob! He is not a faulty person for having feelings, in fact, it makes him quite human, maybe more than you if you have never cried.

I feel badly for this poor person; I cannot fathom being vilified simply because you don't love according to someone else's beliefs.

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 02:14 AM
link   
reply to post by miniatus

But it isn't behind closed doors. Gays and their agenda are constantly in our faces and constantly trying to demand our acceptance and approval of their lifestyles. You really didn't think your comment through, did you?

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 08:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by 1MrMarc
Usually stupid people don't bother me, but this time I have to blow of some steam. So here's my rant.
Today at the restaurant I manage I walked from the office out to the floor to see one of my best severs of six years in tears. I asked what was wrong, and found out from the others that the lady requested a different server because the one she had was gay. I talked to the server and found that she had told him that he is going to hell for being gay. Luckily the owner was there. As I approached the owner to tell him that I was going to ask the lady to leave if she did not stop making comments like that to my staff or to anyone in general, she got up to leave. She was by herself and walked passed the owner and me saying "I will never eat here again, I'm going to Chick-Fil-A!!" My reply was "Good, Get Out!" The owner was shocked until he got the full story and went to the parking lot to 86 her for good. But she was already in her car and hopefully never coming back.
I have seen racism but never hate towards homosexuals first hand. I was upset after seeing a good person crying after experiencing pure hate. And I am still bothered like it happened to me personally. I even gave him a one arm hug. Which was not smart because he started crying again, making me feel like crying. He said "If a straight Christian man like you can hug me and accept me, why can't these other people?" And all I can say was "There are idiots in every group of people, that's just life. F 'em." I wonder what would have happened if the current events involving Chk-Fil-A weren't in the news. I bet this lady would have not said a word.
Rant Over. I feel a little better now. Luckily this sever will not quit over this incident. BUT our restaurant is in a very wealthy, far right wing, Mormon part of town. I see this happening again as the whole Chik-Fil-A gets more attention.

i do believe that you yourself are being prejudice of the issue. though your prejudice lies on the opposite side of what most would understand. your view point is that someone who does not agree with the issue of gays or lesbian is automatically wrong and then you jump on your soapbox to cry to the world at the injustice.

you have a right in your OWN beliefs to support gay and lesbian individuals or couples you may express that in any manner you choose as long as it doesn't bring harm to another. yet you DONT support that other persons right to walk out and leave or refuse to be serviced by an individual who they see as immoral. its amazing you cry for your and others rights while denying those same rights to an individual who doesn't believe the same as you...
edit on 4-8-2012 by McTurbo because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join