It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An Upset Guest Walked Out of My Restaurant Because Her Server is Gay

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 08:17 PM
link   
tbh flame me all you want i wouldn't want gay people serving me either, they are always very slow and like to chit chat rather than serve me my food. one gay guy though gave me like 20 extra dinner rolls to go that were left (restaurant was closed I was still there) that was nice of him

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 08:21 PM
link   
reply to post by WP4YT

Well golly, if we want to get all stereotypical, I'm either a Surfer Dood burnout from "O.C" (Where I grew up) or I'm a hick, in the sticks of the Ozarks and I'm doing damn well to tie my own shoes every morning. Oh...nvm.. silly me, that's why I have velcro, lol..

Kinda sounds stupid doesn't it?

To be practical if gays serving me is the topic, I'd rather have a man serving with attention to detail and cares then some laid off auto-worker or lumberjack still pissed about the spotted owl or something.

edit on 2-8-2012 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 08:36 PM
link   
This lady could have very easily asked for me and asked me for a different server without telling me why. I would have done it immediately and with a smile. Inside I could probably guess why but I would not have asked any questions and done what was asked. But she had to put her 2 cents in and hurt someone that didn't deserve it. That is possibly the main reason I am still upset.
edit on 8/2/1212 by 1MrMarc because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 08:43 PM
link   
reply to post by 1MrMarc

One can always hope, when she dies and goes to heaven...God turns out to be Gay..serve her right..

I feel so bad for your Waiter, he didn't deserve to be made to feel, less than human....shame on her.

Des

edit on 2-8-2012 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 08:45 PM
link   
reply to post by silent thunder

Same here.

I'm sick of self righteous people who have to put others down any way they can just so they can feel important.

They need to go the way of the dodo.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 08:53 PM
link   
Thank you everyone for the comments!! I have calmed down now. Alot of good comments were made, some negative but still good, and few bad posts. Nevertheless thanks for taking time to help me not be so pissed about something that happened to someone else.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 09:26 PM
link   
Sometimes we realize that in the world, there are some truly evil and ugly people. They feel no remorse for what they do, and it's saddening.

Some people say it was the way they were raised, never having shed their fleece, and remained in the flock of ignorance.

I wish you all, especially your co-worker lots of love. Tomorrow is a better day, we meet better people as we move on through life, and forget those who wrong us. Keep a smile as a wide as a mile.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by AvrilDupre
Sometimes we realize that in the world, there are some truly evil and ugly people. They feel no remorse for what they do, and it's saddening.

Some people say it was the way they were raised, never having shed their fleece, and remained in the flock of ignorance.

I wish you all, especially your co-worker lots of love. Tomorrow is a better day, we meet better people as we move on through life, and forget those who wrong us. Keep a smile as a wide as a mile.

Thank you for the kind words and I see you are fairly new, so Welcome to ATS!!!

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 10:01 PM
link   
Thank You!

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by WP4YT
tbh flame me all you want i wouldn't want gay people serving me either, they are always very slow and like to chit chat rather than serve me my food. one gay guy though gave me like 20 extra dinner rolls to go that were left (restaurant was closed I was still there) that was nice of him

I imagine your statement is indicative of your "infallible wisdom". Another genious making the rounds.

CJ
edit on 2-8-2012 by ColoradoJens because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 10:50 PM
link   
reply to post by 1MrMarc

If the customer had an issue about her server,she should have
spoken with the manager.
I have a serious issue with servers wearing perfume.I am allergic
to perfume and being around someone wearing it triggers an asthma
attack.If my server is wearing perfume,I will tell them that I'm sorry,I
have to have another server.Servers wearing perfume bothers me,servers
being gay doesn't!

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 11:25 PM
link   
This makes Rom Emanuel smile.... The whole publicity stunt was to create division and drive crazies like this woman over the edge. Liberal Agenda causes a fight then offers a shoulder.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 08:32 AM
link   
reply to post by 1MrMarc

I guess if that rude woman doesn't want to be waited on by a gay person she is within her rights, but I hope she understands that she had better get used to eating at home a lot! I worked at several restaurants back in the day and I can tell you that the odds of getting a homosexual waiter/waitress are about 50/50.

I don't care who waits on me as long as they are friendly, clean and good at their job. You are way better off without customers like that, and hopefully she will never come back. If you're extra lucky she will spread the word to her like-minded friends and they will stay the heck away too.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 08:43 AM
link   
My response would probably have been "Well I don't particularly care to serve and ignorant old bitch that sits on her own and smells of wee"
*Cue dramatic flounce to the kitchens*

Some things are worth the risk of getting fired, especially mouthy old hags.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 09:02 AM
link   
reply to post by DocHolidaze

what does crying do beside say "hey look at me im a victim"

Crying is an uncontrollable response to hurt; and words can and do hurt people. I know many gay people, and especially the men with the mannerisms and tone of voice are far more susceptible to emotional responses than "guys" who can just "man up."

For every time some hard-ass in a pool hall gets upset at someone who insults him and knocks the ever-livin' daylights out of him, breaking furniture and noses and such, and inciting others into a "brawl", there is someone, somewhere, who is crying because of the blatant cruelty and insensitivity of asshats like that woman.

I only hope that out of this stupid "scandal" Romney and his followers are exposed for their really ugly contributions to this nation. They seem to be having a high time of it exploiting what Mr Cathy did, but it will backfire on them.

Off topic, but the ad that the Obama camp is running is awesome, showing Romney's tax shelters, his assets, etc...
"He's not the answer, he is the problem."

I'm not a big Obama supporter either, but I am scared to death of what will happen to this country if a jerk like Mitt Hypocritical Mormon Business Mogul gets to be in charge. How mortifyingly embarrassing for us as a country.

I'm so SICK of assholes!! If I'd been in that restaurant, I'd have confronted the lady myself!!
(my kids' dad used to say he needed to get me a "playground whistle", whenever I took my littles to the park and some older jerk kids would shove them around or push them off the slide ladder or steal a swing....I'd get "all up in their little grills" and tell them to knock it off. Yeah, I'm still like that, even for people on ATS who I don't know!, I find myself jumping to their defense when some troll is being a dick!)

Just everyone STOP BEING A DICK!!

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 09:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Suspiria

My response would probably have been "Well I don't particularly care to serve and ignorant old bitch that sits on her own and smells of wee"

Suspiria, you ALWAYS crack me up!!

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by wildtimes

Suspiria, you ALWAYS crack me up!!

Shame a few of my ex employers don't feel that way.

I'm so SICK of assholes!! If I'd been in that restaurant, I'd have confronted the lady myself!! (my kids' dad used to say he needed to get me a "playground whistle", whenever I took my littles to the park and some older jerk kids would shove them around or push them off the slide ladder or steal a swing....I'd get "all up in their little grills" and tell them to knock it off. Yeah, I'm still like that, even for people on ATS who I don't know!, I find myself jumping to their defense when some troll is being a dick!)

I cut out the middleman and go straight for the parents.
edit on 3-8-2012 by Suspiria because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Shame a few of my ex employers don't feel that way.

Meh. Neither do mine. In fact, I'm pretty much "unemployable" due to my outspoken principles and standing up for them. Congratulations to the managers of that restaurant. Must suck to be that angry old hag.

Your post reminded me of the Art Crawl episode of Bob's Bugers:
Louise and the old man yelling at each other, "YOU smell like ointment and pee!!" "

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 09:38 AM
link   
Let the crazy old lady go...........those same "anti gay marriage people" are also against interracial marriage and lots of things like medicinal,,some against birth control...basically people needto mind their own business and stop worrying about others ...dont like gay marriage, DONT HAVE ONE,,and if your straight and hate gays,,STOP HAVING GAY BABIES!
edit on 3-8-2012 by avatard because: mispelling

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 09:56 AM
link   
reply to post by 1MrMarc

How DARE your establishment treat people like equal humans?! How insensitive to your bigoted clientele...

OK, I'm all for people thinking whatever they want to think and believing what they want to believe. I myself (disclaimer: I'm also christian) do not advocate homosexuality, just as I don't advocate adultery, divorce, violence, lies, and a whole range of other things that so-called christians and straight folks do on a regular basis.

But regardless of our beliefs, it's not our place to judge or hate anyone just because they're different. First off, for my fellow believers - God claims that as his own. Let him deal with it. And for everyone in general...it just makes you an idiot.

I would say your company is better off having lost this little bit of business, and please relay my well-wishes to your server as I'm sure this lady is every bit as subject to what she called down on him - if for nothing other than the attitude and her interactions with a fellow child of god, let alone the fact that I highly doubt she has no sins of her own.

Sad and unchristian behaviour.
edit on 8/3/2012 by Praetorius because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join