It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An Upset Guest Walked Out of My Restaurant Because Her Server is Gay

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 08:14 AM
link   
reply to post by McTurbo

you have a right in your OWN beliefs to support gay and lesbian individuals or couples you may express that in any manner you choose as long as it doesn't bring harm to another. yet you DONT support that other persons right to walk out and leave or refuse to be serviced by an individual who they see as immoral.

The old hag DID bring harm to another!! To his face! Directly! And THAT is a "hate crime". I don't care how rich or old or Mormon the woman is, she could have left without pitching a holier-than-thou hissy fit and hurting the kid's feelings.

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 08:21 AM
link   
okay? so he can be openly gay? and your okay with that.. but she cant be openly religious? double standard much?

and i say openly gay because i didn't see anywhere on how she knew he was gay?

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 08:41 AM
link   
So insulting a person in the name of their religion is just being openly religious now?

So a person can insult and berate and hurt another person now by just being openly religious?

WTF??

No, she was just being a bully, and bullies of all stripes, regardless of what they hide behind, should be opposed.

Yep, common political tactic, if you don't like the meaning of the word, just change it's meaning or change the word then everything's okay.

Screw that crap.

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 09:09 AM
link   
your better off without the business of things like that "lady" ... good to see the owner understand and stand up for his employees ... so what if the waiter is gay - it has absolutely no bearing on his competence and ability to do the job... and its nobody's business what his preferences are .. tell him chin up .. smile and carry on dont let the idiots of the world get him down ...

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 09:25 AM
link   
reply to post by McTurbo

okay? so he can be openly gay? and your okay with that.. but she cant be openly religious? double standard much?

and i say openly gay because i didn't see anywhere on how she knew he was gay?

Oh for crying out loud...are you serious??

She could tell by his mannerisms, which he is not bending over backward to hide -- and good for him!! -- she can be openly religious all she wants, but PUBLIC HUMILIATION and INSULTS are NOT OKAY.

He is there as a waiter, an employee, and she came in to be served a meal. If she didn't want that server, she had several options; leave WITHOUT COMMENT, or ask to be seated in another section seem to be the two most civilized.

He is not being "openly gay" in her church or house, is he? She is being publicly OUTSPOKEN and openly HATEFUL in his place of work!!
Sorry, friend, but that's not a "double standard much?" point. She was rude, ugly, and obnoxious.

She acted like a colossal, holier-than-thou bigoted bitch, and there is NO GETTING AROUND THAT.
She JUDGED HIM, and RIDICULED HIM in PUBLIC, and made a point of doing so in a manner that was MEAN.

Is that okay?? NO IT IS NOT.

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 09:37 AM
link   
OK, I'm all for people thinking whatever they want to think and believing what they want to believe. I myself (disclaimer: I'm also christian) do not advocate homosexuality, just as I don't advocate adultery, divorce, violence, lies, and a whole range of other things that so-called christians and straight folks do on a regular basis.

But regardless of our beliefs, it's not our place to judge or hate anyone just because they're different. First off, for my fellow believers - God claims that as his own. Let him deal with it. And for everyone in general...it just makes you an idiot.

I would say your company is better off having lost this little bit of business, and please relay my well-wishes to your server as I'm sure this lady is every bit as subject to what she called down on him - if for nothing other than the attitude and her interactions with a fellow child of god, let alone the fact that I highly doubt she has no sins of her own.

Sad and unchristian behaviour.

Although I admire your beliefs and your kind sentiments, to equate homosexuals with lies and violence, is how the Nazis started the Holocaust, by equating, in the early 1920's Jews, with lying, cheating, cowardness and child abuse. In itself is bad enough, but put on Social Pressure, as well as Political and Religious Pressure, and they need for a scape goat, an "outsider", and it doesn't bear thinking about. Just think, 30's Depression, poverty, poor whites, repossession of property and hey presco, we need a scape goat. So they began the lynching, (relynching of black males). And not just in the South. Words are both our strength and or weakness. We have to be careful how we use them.
edit on 4-8-2012 by bugsbunny1967 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by nixie_nox
reply to post by DocHolidaze

Hey Macho man, the boys don't cry thing is dying out with a wicked generation, and men are becoming better people for it.

Always easy to say it is not a big deal when it is not you.

The suck it up and move on soldier ideal only works in the military.

Grow up. [/quote]]

That's probably why a lot of men, especially of the older generation, die early of cancer, strokes, and heart disease. Let it out, be happy, and live longer.
edit on 4-8-2012 by bugsbunny1967 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by silent thunder
So freaking sick of this topic. People on both sides need to get off their high horses and stop getting "offended" at every litte thing.

Do what you want, do who you want, say what you want, and always remeber that sticks and stones may break your bones but words will never hurt you.

Yeah Right. "Sticks and stones may break my bones, but names will never hurt me". I wonder if you would have said that, if you were black, and a racist said to you, "Sorry, I don't want to be served by a f**king Ni@@er. NO. I didn't think so. It is always people that are in the majority that come out with that stupid statement.

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Suspiria
My response would probably have been "Well I don't particularly care to serve and ignorant old bitch that sits on her own and smells of wee"
*Cue dramatic flounce to the kitchens*

Some things are worth the risk of getting fired, especially mouthy old hags.

LOL. Well done. That was fantastic. Or he could have said, "My customer has no nose". And you reply, "How does she smell?" And he could have replied, "Of tobacco, liquor, and piss".

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 11:25 AM
link   
That OP is fabricated,
Try again but try to make it a bit more believable

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by 1MrMarc

Originally posted by 1MrMarc
I have seen racism but never hate towards homosexuals first hand. I was upset after seeing a good person crying after experiencing pure hate. And I am still bothered like it happened to me personally.

That's true compassion, my friend.
Bravo!

I believe when we see this kind of thing, we SHOULD feel like it is happening to us. It should hurt and motivate us to change things. In my experience, true Christians are few and far between.

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by 1MrMarc

Well I know this is not totally the subject, but restaurant work is like that. Seems like every other day we have a hurt waitperson or cook.

Yesterday my husband who manages the family restaurant came home all worked up, because a woman sat at the outside bench and tables and since he was not to bust he went out to ask for her order, telling her we normally take the orders inside and the food for outside comes in To-Go styrofoam.

She was so angry she called him RUDE and walked off! (Jim is never ever RUDE he is a sweetie pie always)

So many angry unhappy people around!

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by 1MrMarc

Originally posted by DocHolidaze
what does crying do beside say "hey look at me im a victim",when you label yourself a victim you become weaker in the eyes of others and will then have a harder time moving forward. the lady had hate in her heart and i don't agree with what she said, but you need to tell your worker to man up and not let some ignorant lady make him cry with words, now that this guy sees he gets attention for being verbally attacked by a customer, he may pull that card next time he has an altercation with a customer, and from being in the restaurant business i can tell you customers will be d*ck$ to all workers no matter what race,gender,religion,or sexual orientation, dude had a lame customer. what waiter, or waitress in the history of food service has been treated nicely by every customer of theres. if you can show me such a server i will recant my statment

Your statements are also correct. Maybe because this was my first time seeing this type of hate close up, it bothered me more than it should. I put it in the rant forum to get it of my chest and have a little discussion.

Well we all have different strengths and some are very sensitive and always will be. I have a friend she is 70ish and she starts to cry at the drop of a hat, very sensitive person, happy, sad, scared, mad all makes her cry!
We accept her as she is.

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 02:06 PM
link   
That original story sounds like it could have come right out of Nancy Pelosi's mouth, Like it was a tailor made event to go along with and justify the actions of a certain few mayors.
I call your story fictional and charge you have a vested interest in convincing people it is true.

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Char-Lee

Just a comment... This customer reacted to what she was told, not to who your husband was... She would have reacted the same, no matter WHO told her about the to-go order. Same for the lady who cries at everything. She's crying because she's a tender person, not because someone looks at her as "not good enough".

It's one thing to have an emotional run in with someone else, but to be told that you need another waiter, because this one is gay (or fat or ugly), and therefore not acceptable somehow, is very hurtful on a personal level.

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by ronnieray123

If you don't think things like this happen every day in this country, you need to get out more. We understand that you suspect the OP is fake, with no justification for that opinion whatsoever. We got it.

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by mee30
Would you want someone like that eating in your restaurant? So what is the problem? The person didn't want to be served by someone gay and you don't want to have someone like that around so in this circumstance everyone is happy... Even the "server" wouldn't want to serve someone like that either so they should be happy too right?

Everyone is happy in this scenario as far as I can tell...

If only the woman had simply left and reduced her dining options because of her fears and insecurities, it would be fine. Just like if you were terrified of Greek people, for example, its entirely your choice, but you're not going to be able to go out for gyros. Your weakness - your loss.

Where she went wrong was in violating workplace harassment. The fake Christian woman's comments (because obviously she's not a real Christian despite believing she is and making us real Christians look bad), are an example of a customer cresting a "hostile work environment", which is every bit as serious as an employee doing so to another employee. It was handled perfectly - generally, you get told you're out of line once and then if you violate again, you're literally putting yourself at risk for lawsuits.

I respect the woman's right to live in fear and prejudice, but not to affect another person's job (except by walking out without making such comments.). If I knew who she was and where she worked, I would like to let her manager know I'm boycotting that company because I don't like people like her besmirching Christians by claiming to be one of us, while holding anti-Christ viewpoints.

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by VeraciousSeeker
reply to post by staver

Not hiding behind anything, .....just feed up with the BS! I am so FEED up with CHRISTIANS that think only their way is the way!!! Get a grip , Judge not least you be judged....all I'm saying, but then again I expected responses like yours..... it is the norm and why WE aka All Christians are treated the way we are!!

Not sure what you're saying, I think you misunderstood me.

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by VeraciousSeeker
reply to post by VeraciousSeeker

ohhh at the hate groups Chick-Fil-A supports.....

www.snopes.com...

They should be so ashamed for what they do......making awesome chicken sandwiches and selling them to ANYONE that comes in and wishes to buy one!! And, OMG!!!! they support a cause THEY believe in, just like Ben & Jerry's and Starbucks and Apple!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good Lord what where they thinking!!!!!!!!!!!!

Would your opinion be any different if they supported gay marriage???? Mine wouldn't so where is the logic????

Read and weep.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 07:54 PM
link   
reply to post by 1MrMarc

For some curious reason, as i read your thread title...
I was thinking that someone walked out of a restaurant because
their server (in my small mind, I was thinking Data Server),

OMG Sorry

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join