It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does billboard comparing Obama to alleged shooter go too far?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
I can see where people against the war would have issue with Obama.

But to compare the two is poor. Look, I'm no fan of the man. I can't wait to see him out of office. His policies are all wrong for this country.
But to compare the two is disingenguous.

I won't defend Obama, but I will say when an attack is poorly thought out.

Why is it better to kill thousands-millions using other peoples hands than one guy killing 12?
I guess it is okay to hire a someone to kill for you then by this logic??

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Beezer is brainwashed by his military conditioning.

Killing people is killing people. One was senseless and the other was for imperialistic power.

Both are murder.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 06:40 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Yeah, his foreign policy is definitely reactive instead of active. I think that is just a different type of foreign policy, one that is working in this case, I think. As for him winning the Nobel Peace Prize, I don't think he really did anything to earn that, it was odd.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 06:41 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by MaMaa
I don't know, are we talking about hurt feelings here or truth? Is there any truth to it? Has his actions (foreign policies) resulted in the death of others? If so then no I don't think it has gone too far. I vaguely remember Bush being compared to Hitler years ago, the picture reminded me of something I saw somewhere. Just because something is mean, rude, ect.. doesn't necessarily mean it doesn't have some truth behind it.

As Commander in Chief of the US military, Obama is the man that says it is okay to launch a drone strike on a home in Afghanistan or Pakistan..... please note that word 'home'. Homes have women, children, elderly and Other noncombatants living in them. Those drones blow the whole effing house up, not just the chair that the intended target is sitting on. The drones often kill everyone that is in the home.

Obama might not sign off on every drone strike, but he lets them continue. As CIC, that makes him responsible.

If the billboard had George W Bush up there next to Obama, it would be more politically correct.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 08:00 PM
link   
If anything its unfair to Holmes because he hasn't been proven guilty yet, while Obama was shouting from the rooftops that he ordered the hit on Bin Laden.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 08:01 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

I'd say I really picked the wrong time to post my thread about this... Lol... Oh well, At least this story has gotten exposure.

In my opinion to topic, there is a line between expression and vile hate while exploiting current tragedy. It wasn't even a week when this popped up and they should be ashamed. It's just rank.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 08:13 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Now I think that's funny, but I don't think that billboard is real. Who would pay to have that put up, and what company would hang that sign.
It's a good thing that Obama does not have a good overseas policy. He's screwed up the U.S, why screw up the rest of the world!

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower

But it's kind of hillarious that Obama has been one of the most pro military Presidents in a while ( as far as using them) and he won a Nobel Peace Prize.

I mean, really?

~Tenth

But, as others have also pointed out, Obama won the 'prize' prior to any of that. So the comparison is invalid. If he had been given it yesterday, it might not be.

Furthermore, i am SO tired of the teeth-gnashing about obama's 'peace prize' as a dig on him. Hell, he trolled the whole damn 'peace prize' committee by giving a blatantly pro-war, pro-american speech to a bunch of liberal europeans and jews.

I can find TONS of reasons to complain about Obama (from drone strikes to the Patriot Act 2 to many, many other stances), but his being awarded the 'peace prize' is not one of them.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 09:46 PM
link   
I still don't know why anyone would want to choose a LESSER crime to judge somebody on. Obama has blood on his hands so it's only right to bring this to light before judging him on any of his other policies as this is the worst crime of them all.

This isn't Obama bashing...this goes for all of the corrupt administrations and politicians...past,present and future.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 09:53 PM
link   
Only problem I have with that sign, is that it is premature. James Holmes hasn't been convicted of anything yet.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 09:58 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

No, not too far. Very apt and very true. People need to get past their comfort zones when speaking out against hypocrisy. We need MORE signs like this, in fact in every city across America.

The hypocrisy of this Government needs exposure and this calls Obama and society out on the floor.

We get angry over 12 dead, rightfully so. But we forget that we bomb civilians and start wars with no thought of damage.

Awesome billboard. Make more.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 10:41 PM
link   
How is volunteering for military service = murder?

You sign up for 11B or whatever, and end up in battle.. and if you die.. it's murder? And people act as if Obama or any other politician is completely oblivious and lacks any emotion for soldiers dying. I don't believe that to be true. Even if it is for an agenda, I still feel they regret any deaths as a result.

This comparison is ridiculous at any rate. A stupid ad, at a stupid time, to serve someone ELSES agenda. What.. you think these people want to put someone in office that is going to sprinkle fairydust on our country and bring all the troops home, and has no agenda to further the power of the U.S.?

At the end of the day, the people supporting this ad will put someone in office that will also send people to war, where soldiers will die. You are living in a fantasy if you think their objective is to put a Gandhi clone into office that will prevent all future deaths of soldiers.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 10:59 PM
link   
Yes I do think that billboard is going to far

An AR-15 is not an assault rifle...

Main characteristic of an assault rifle is automatic(full auto)

Its a tactical rifle, or modern sporting rifle

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 11:42 PM
link   
reply to post by fleabit

How is volunteering for military service = murder?

Signing to agree to follow orders (without question) which will likely include being ordered to kill people.

A stupid ad, at a stupid time, to serve someone ELSES agenda.

World peace?

What.. you think these people want to put someone in office that is going to sprinkle fairydust on our country and bring all the troops home, and has no agenda to further the power of the U.S.?

Ron Paul...

You are living in a fantasy if you think their objective is to put a Gandhi clone into office that will prevent all future deaths of soldiers.

I think they're less concerned about the soldiers who wish to go and play cowboys in the desert and more concerned about the innocent lives which are wasted as a result.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 11:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Swizzy
It's definitely too soon. The Holmes guy hasn't even been convicted yet.

The advert would have worked just as well with just Obamas picture and caption, without Holmes.

The fact that Obama won a Peace prize of ANY kind makes me sick.

In the end though, 12 people vs. tens of thousands of civilians + soldiers. I know who's butt I'd kick first.

I agree definitely too soon..There are quite a few hole in this chase.If convicted than yes the billboard is justified.

edit on 28-7-2012 by ColeCash because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 12:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by RealSpoke
Beezer is brainwashed by his military conditioning.

Killing people is killing people. One was senseless and the other was for imperialistic power.

Both are murder.

Aw thanks

Wanna just write my posts from now on?

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 12:39 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

hahahahahaha That billboard is GREAT...and its SPOT ON truth wise...

TOO far? Grow up.....dont you think Obama destroying the world is going to far...typical comment from some soft idiot!!

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 12:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by korange
In a manger?

This

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 12:46 AM
link   
reply to post by ColeCash

Ha ha, what do Obama and James Holmes have in common? One of them won the Nobel Peace Prize without doing anything, and one of them was convicted of a massacre without doing anything. Just a thought, but that's what I'm getting from this thread so far. I'm willing to stand by this, though, until I'm convinced otherwise - at which point I will admit I was wrong.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join