It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does billboard comparing Obama to alleged shooter go too far?

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 11:49 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

I disagree with the billboard, and I am not a fan of Obama. One is comparing a tyrantical foreign policy that gave itself a license to kill against a mentally ill person who killed a bunch of people in a movie theatre. I found it disingenuous because of that.
There are countless other legitimate issues that culd have been brought up. This hateful sign weakens any further arguments against Obama.

I respect your right to disagree with the billboard, but I disagree with your interpretation of the billboard and whether or not it's too far.

There are differences between the two so it's not a simple comparison, but if Holmes is the Aurora shooter then he is a murderer just like Obama.

You are right, there are many issues that also need to be brought up (I'm guesing we would probably disagree on most of them
) but I believe the message of the billboard to be fact. This person had an issue they wanted to shed light upon and they went ahead and did so. This person decided to practice his freedom of expression which you also have the right to do.

Perhaps you can put up a billboard on issues that are important to you. That would probably cost lots of money though so you better start fund raising.

ETA: I admit that I have sidestepped some of your main issues in your OP and I apologize, it's just that I feel it is important to focus on Obama in order to prove the point I am trying to get accross.
edit on 30-7-2012 by Corruption Exposed because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer

Originally posted by Corruption Exposed
reply to post by elitegamer23

i dont care if you hate obama, if you applaud this you have problems.

That is your opinion and nothing more.

My opinion is that if you disagree with this billboard you have problems.

I disagree with the billboard, and I am not a fan of Obama. One is comparing a tyrantical foreign policy that gave itself a license to kill against a mentally ill person who killed a bunch of people in a movie theatre. I found it disingenuous because of that.
There are countless other legitimate issues that culd have been brought up. This hateful sign weakens any further arguments against Obama.

so the real question is.... who's at fault? a mentally ill person who ALLEGEDLY killed 12? Or a totally sane person in a 3-piece who even sends hit squads against americans without trial but can put on a good front and smile while getting media coverage?

the wolf (a sheep in a wolf's costume?)? or the wolf in a sheep costume walking among us?

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by nunyadammm

Originally posted by BO XIAN
reply to post by beezzer

I think it makes an excellent point fairly tamely.

He and fellow globalists like Kissinger think of our beloved best and brightest in the military as

canon fodder and great candidates for population reduction efforts in foreign adventures doing globalists' dirty work.

132."Military men are dumb, stupid animals to be used as pawns for foreign policy." Henry Kissinger, quoted by Bob Woodward in The Final Days, 1976

133."The illegal we do immediately. The unconstitutional takes a little longer." Henry Kissinger

Source link:

twoday.net...

Our military is all volunteer.
is it REALLY volunteer? if you HAVE to go to a soup kitchen because you can't afford a meal is it REALLY volunteering yourself to go to the soup kitchen?

I joined the military thinking it was really volunteer .... to find out in bootcamp and really getting to know my "fellowmen who will be alongside me" were actually a buncha ex druggies and poor people just trying to make a living and changing their lives around. Hardly any of them TRULY wanted to be there for the love of their country. The people who are paying these people are paying their alcohol tab while they half-ass their way through the work days ... complaining the whole way .... bs-ing around... it's a joke.

Now of course, that's just from my experience... I'm sure though, nunyadammm, you have had better.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 12:04 PM
link   
Instead of a billboard how about a straw man (fitting) dressed to look like him, hanging from a gallows with a sign nailed to it's chest saying "ROPE you can believe in"

edit on 30-7-2012 by HIWATT because: spelling

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by MikhailBakunin

You still volunteered.
Are you saying because you did not like it, it was not volunteer?
You said yourself you volunteered.
So...I am more than a little lost on your argument.
Sorry.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 04:49 PM
link   
I find it tasteless and insensitive toward the families of the victims. The comment of "everyone freaks out" is pretty damned heartless.

However, on the other side of that billboard? Pretty disgustingly accurate. Effing mass murderer.

/TOA

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 02:32 PM
link   
You still want to call my god's universe a pipe dream now Mr. President. Funny at how many Presidents have to try to steal my thunder for their bidding! Pretty lame to me that you can't even give me that respect. So for being a bunch of lying ass crooks, I have a surprised for you! ..And since no one ever believed me or wanted to hear all the wonderful information I have gotten out since last October, shall you lose your shaky unnatural stance in the elections! You proved yourself worthless before the lord or I would have gotten the recognition I deserved, that you people always steal, which proves you are only pulling strings for Satan.

top topics

<< 6  7  8   >>

join