Does billboard comparing Obama to alleged shooter go too far?

page: 1
20
<<   2  3  4 >>

log in

join

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 06:19 AM
link   

CALDWELL, Idaho (KBOI) - A Caldwell billboard is raising questions in the Treasure Valley as it compares President Obama to accused Colorado killer, James Holmes.

The billboard on Franklin Road equates the actions of the president's foreign policies to the acts of Holmes, who's suspected of killing 12 people in the theater shooting.

The group that owns the board, The Ralph Smeed Foundation, says it wants to draw attention to military men and women dying overseas.

"(It's) way over the line, and I am not an Obama supporter," Lynn Davis Hathaway, said on the KBOI 2News Facebook page.

A spokesman for the group says everyone has the right to their own opinion. | Additional photos of the billboard

Ashley Helton, who also wrote on Facebook, agrees with the group.

"It's a free country, this group has a right to voice their opinion no matter what anyone thinks about it," Helton said.

President Obama recently visited the Pacific Northwest - making stops in Portland and Seattle.

www.kboi2.com...



What say you ATS? Is this going too far? I think there are many ways to voice your dipleasure, this though?

Yes.

Too far.

beez




posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 06:22 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer
 


Actually,I don't think it's a case of too far.I do believe it's too soon.


+62 more 
posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 06:23 AM
link   
NOT FAR ENUF



posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 06:25 AM
link   
Because it's Obama, I'm sure only a few will find a problem with it. Too soon and an erroneous connection. Pretty pathetic state of affairs.



posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 06:28 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer
 


If James Holmes turns out to be the true killer, then the comparison is fine. I'd rather wait for the trial(if there is one) before James Holmes can be said to be like almost any president of the U.S.



posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 06:29 AM
link   
I can see where people against the war would have issue with Obama.

But to compare the two is poor. Look, I'm no fan of the man. I can't wait to see him out of office. His policies are all wrong for this country.
But to compare the two is disingenguous.



I won't defend Obama, but I will say when an attack is poorly thought out.



posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 06:32 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer
 


Oh, this is awesome Beezer. I went to college in Caldwell, ID and spent five years living about two blocks away from that billboard. I know all about it and its messages. The owner owns a bunch of land around there and sells farm equipment and stuff, he seems to be a libertarian, and all kinds of messages have been on there in the past, some of which make sense, some of which don't.

I don't think he went "too far" in the sense that he shouldn't be allowed his opinion, but I do think his argument is invalid. I was under the impression that Obama's foreign policy was actually pretty good - he is working in hard times, and has successfully wrapped up the war in Iraq and done a pretty good job in Afghanistan, both wars that Bush started, not him, in the first place.

I also think he has done a fairly good job dealing with keeping the crisis in Syria and the crisis between Iran and Israel and the potential crisis between Russia, China and the U.S. under control - that's a lot of war potential to keep a lid on.
edit on 28-7-2012 by darkbake because: (no reason given)
edit on 28-7-2012 by darkbake because: (no reason given)



posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 06:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
I can see where people against the war would have issue with Obama.

But to compare the two is poor. Look, I'm no fan of the man. I can't wait to see him out of office. His policies are all wrong for this country.
But to compare the two is disingenguous.



I won't defend Obama, but I will say when an attack is poorly thought out.


Oh, so you're not against war?



posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 06:38 AM
link   
Will it be too soon after the bombs fall on Iran? Was it too soon to sign a "measure" supporting Israel and handing over 70 million of our dollars? Is it too soon after failing so miserably as a "president"? Or did you just respond too soon, without actually thinking about broader perspectives?



posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 06:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by trysts

Originally posted by beezzer
I can see where people against the war would have issue with Obama.

But to compare the two is poor. Look, I'm no fan of the man. I can't wait to see him out of office. His policies are all wrong for this country.
But to compare the two is disingenguous.



I won't defend Obama, but I will say when an attack is poorly thought out.


Oh, so you're not against war?


I'm tired of the war.

I'm done with the war.

In a couple of months I'll be out and free of the war.

Then I might voice a different opinion.


+18 more 
posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 06:40 AM
link   
If you can't accept this billboard then you are denying reality.



posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 06:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
I can see where people against the war would have issue with Obama.

But to compare the two is poor. Look, I'm no fan of the man. I can't wait to see him out of office. His policies are all wrong for this country.
But to compare the two is disingenguous.



I won't defend Obama, but I will say when an attack is poorly thought out.
I thought it was comparing the social reaction more then the two individuals.



posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 06:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by darkbake
reply to post by beezzer
 


Oh, this is awesome Beezer. I went to college in Caldwell, ID and spent five years living about two blocks away from that billboard. I know all about it and its messages. The owner owns a bunch of land around there and sells farm equipment and stuff, he seems to be a libertarian, and all kinds of messages have been on there in the past, some of which make sense, some of which don't.

I don't think he went "too far" in the sense that he shouldn't be allowed his opinion, but I do think his argument is invalid. I was under the impression that Obama's foreign policy was actually pretty good - he is working in hard times, and has successfully wrapped up the war in Iraq and done a pretty good job in Afghanistan, both wars that Bush started, not him, in the first place.

I also think he has done a fairly good job dealing with keeping the crisis in Syria and the crisis between Iran and Israel and the potential crisis between Russia, China and the U.S. under control - that's a lot of war potential to keep a lid on.
edit on 28-7-2012 by darkbake because: (no reason given)
edit on 28-7-2012 by darkbake because: (no reason given)

Obama's foreign policy has been more reactive, than active.

Didn't he though, win that Peace Prize before much of this?

It's a dig at him for sure, but ineffectual.



posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 06:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by HumanCondition

Originally posted by beezzer
I can see where people against the war would have issue with Obama.

But to compare the two is poor. Look, I'm no fan of the man. I can't wait to see him out of office. His policies are all wrong for this country.
But to compare the two is disingenguous.



I won't defend Obama, but I will say when an attack is poorly thought out.
I thought it was comparing the social reaction more then the two individuals.


Obama won the Prize in 2009. Now if he had won it in 2012, I'd agree.



posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 06:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by HumanCondition
If you can't accept this billboard then you are denying reality.


No, just trying to understand the message.



posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 06:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Infernalis
Will it be too soon after the bombs fall on Iran? Was it too soon to sign a "measure" supporting Israel and handing over 70 million of our dollars? Is it too soon after failing so miserably as a "president"? Or did you just respond too soon, without actually thinking about broader perspectives?


This is just a protest using current events and trying to compare the two.

I don't like either person, but it's still apples/oranges.



posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 07:06 AM
link   
So, do they want a prize for the shooter?

Do they feel that he shoulda killed more?

This ad lacks wit.


+2 more 
posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 07:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer

Originally posted by trysts

Originally posted by beezzer
I can see where people against the war would have issue with Obama.

But to compare the two is poor. Look, I'm no fan of the man. I can't wait to see him out of office. His policies are all wrong for this country.
But to compare the two is disingenguous.



I won't defend Obama, but I will say when an attack is poorly thought out.


Oh, so you're not against war?


I'm tired of the war.

I'm done with the war.

In a couple of months I'll be out and free of the war.

Then I might voice a different opinion.


It would be nice if those people signing up for wars knows the difference between defending your country, and murdering people around the world for no good reason.



posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 07:11 AM
link   
It's definitely too soon. The Holmes guy hasn't even been convicted yet.

The advert would have worked just as well with just Obamas picture and caption, without Holmes.

The fact that Obama won a Peace prize of ANY kind makes me sick.

In the end though, 12 people vs. tens of thousands of civilians + soldiers. I know who's butt I'd kick first.



posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 08:08 AM
link   
i love it.

how can telling the truth be going too far?



  exclusive video


top topics
 
20
<<   2  3  4 >>

log in

join