It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does billboard comparing Obama to alleged shooter go too far?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 01:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Six6Six
reply to post by beezzer

hahahahahaha That billboard is GREAT...and its SPOT ON truth wise...

TOO far? Grow up.....dont you think Obama destroying the world is going to far...typical comment from some soft idiot!!

I've been called almost everything under the sun.

"Some soft idiot" has to be a first, however!

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 01:27 AM
link   
Reminds me of that line the joker has when he is talking to harvey dent, about how a truck full of soldiers gets blown up and no one cares but if one mayor gets killed everyone freaks out. But yeah way over the line and does not make sense.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 01:32 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

This is absolutely repulsive! I don't care if the picture is Obama, Bush, Romney, Castro, Jong-un, Hugo Chavez, whoever. To politicize this tragedy in order to demonize the President during an election year?

Shame on whatever moron thought this billboard up.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 01:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by CoolerAbdullah786
reply to post by beezzer

This is absolutely repulsive! I don't care if the picture is Obama, Bush, Romney, Castro, Jong-un, Hugo Chavez, whoever. To politicize this tragedy in order to demonize the President during an election year?

Shame on whatever moron thought this billboard up.

Another "first"!

We agree on something!

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 02:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by TKDRL
Only problem I have with that sign, is that it is premature. James Holmes hasn't been convicted of anything yet.

I am having a hard time finding where Obama has been convicted.
Is this thread just for empty Obama bashing in the guise of giving a crap about dead people?

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 02:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by nunyadammm

Is this thread just for empty Obama bashing in the guise of giving a crap about dead people?

Nope. This is a thread created to discuss whether or not this type of advertising is going too far.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 02:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer

Originally posted by nunyadammm

Nope. This is a thread created to discuss whether or not this type of advertising is going too far.

That seems strange since so little of that is actually taking place.
I see Obama being called a convicted killer, apparently he personally took some lives, etc. etc.
Very few posts seem to actually grasp the reality of TWO DIFFERENT THINGS.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 03:22 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Frankly, I see it as freedom of speech. Controversial? Sure. However, we have that right. I didn't hear any uproar from a lot of people when some compared Bush to Hitler. I don't hear people saying it went "too far" when virtually every shooting in recent history has some idiot in the MSM blaming it on the Tea Party (NO connection in ANY of the cases, of course). So, no, this isn't too far. We are free (at least for now), in this country, to speak our minds, and that means to seriously dislike whoever is sitting in the Oval Office. People can debate the content, and should, but saying it is "too far" is a dangerous path to trod.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 03:25 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

I think it's going too far because James Holmes has'nt been convicted of anything yet.

They are also using Holmes in billboards comparing to Gillard here in Australia.

Personally I think it's stepping over the mark.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 03:45 AM
link   
reply to post by LadyGreenEyes

If I am to decry Bush (any GOP) used in such a way, then it'd be hypocritical of me NOT to argue the same when a liberal is portrayed in the same manner.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 05:21 AM
link   
It was too soon. Another week or two and it would feel much better.

But I'm disappointed it didn't include Obama's domestic death toll too.

So 7/10.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 05:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
reply to post by LadyGreenEyes

If I am to decry Bush (any GOP) used in such a way, then it'd be hypocritical of me NOT to argue the same when a liberal is portrayed in the same manner.

Well, true, but even when some did talk that way, I didn't claim they didn't have the right. I would debate the content of what they stated, but I would never tell them they should not state their opinion. But yes, one should be consistent.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 07:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf10
i love it.

how can telling the truth be going too far?

He also needs to give back the nobel peace prize. He's not a man for peace. He wasn't in 2009 either. I'm so over Michelle Obama too, and her constant rhetoric about what a wonderful man her husband is.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 07:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower

But it's kind of hillarious that Obama has been one of the most pro military Presidents in a while ( as far as using them) and he won a Nobel Peace Prize.

I mean, really?

~Tenth

I bet George and daddy Bush sit around trying to figure out why they didn't accomplish that one for themselves.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 07:13 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

That's pretty bad. I mean.. I don't even know what to say. That is a noteworthy point about Obama, but the ad is so vile it makes you want to dismiss it so you don't relate to the people that created it.

You know what.. to me this actually screams of something Obama supporters would do to pin on Republicans.
Like way too bad and too obvious. You would have to be an idiot to put it up, or you would have to want to make someone else look like an idiot.

I am casting my vote for: funded by a liberal/democrat group.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 07:17 AM
link   
Yes, it goes too far. The guy on the left was "supposedly" a mentally ill lone gun. The guy on the right is cool and calculating and makes decisions according to the agendas of others. But BHO did say that if you are successful in America you didnt do it alone and others (epecially the government) deserve credit for it. It goes too far but the First Amendment protects the right of expression here.
edit on 29-7-2012 by CosmicCitizen because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 07:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by LadyGreenEyes
reply to post by beezzer

Frankly, I see it as freedom of speech. Controversial? Sure. However, we have that right. I didn't hear any uproar from a lot of people when some compared Bush to Hitler.

Mayne no one had told you this yet. I know news is hard to find in the States and all but Bush is no longer president. Why bring him up?

The billboard is stupid, wrong, and is having what effect so far?

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 07:19 AM
link   
reply to post by darkbake

WOAH! Woah there buddy.

Well.. you couldn't be more wrong about Obama's foreign policy.
He didn't do anything he promised.

- He did NOT wrap up the Iraq war. (it continued on until the date Bush set for withdrawl. I am sick of people trying to attribute this to Obama. He didn't end it when he said he would, or at all, Bush did. Iraqi's pretty much kicked us out)
- He did NOT end the war in Afghanistan.
- He did NOT close guantanamo bay.
- He DID START a war in Yemen.
- He DID take us into Libya without the consent of congress (illegaly)
- He is bombing Pakistan regularly and has all but ruined what little relations we had with them.
- He is right now giving new bunker buster bombs to Israel so we can be part of the war in Iran.

So basically, he didn't do ANYTHING he said he would and he actuall dragged us into 3 (soon to be 4 or 5) other countries.
edit on 29-7-2012 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 07:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by bluemirage5
reply to post by beezzer

I think it's going too far because James Holmes has'nt been convicted of anything yet.

They are also using Holmes in billboards comparing to Gillard here in Australia.

Personally I think it's stepping over the mark.

Won't it be interesting if his lawyers are able to use this to show he can never receive a fair trial and therefor move to dismiss.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 07:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheLegend
It was too soon. Another week or two and it would feel much better.

But I'm disappointed it didn't include Obama's domestic death toll too.

So 7/10.

Yeah?
List the names of the innocent people that Holmes allegedly murdered.
List the names of the innocent and guilty people that Obama murdered, and allegedly murdered.
Can you do that?

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join