It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Metal Library Found in Tayos Cave in Ecuador

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 08:53 PM
link   
is this the same cave from "history is wrong"

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 09:01 PM
link   
I bet this'll just be another one of those discoveries where absolutely nothing turns out, and we never hear from them again. Who knows what the real story would be though

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrSmith
Obvious hoax or fraud.

How does ATS get caught up in this stuff and have it being the top topic of the day.

How does this post get hundreds of stars and upvotes when its obviously being ignorant of the facts that they have no proof?

Im not questioning the OP, she's just a messenger, Im questioning the 142 of you who have flagged this post.

Why is the Pic being USED as "new" ?

Where the Website I lifted it from, was posted in 1992 ?

LINK

Did they find it twice?
edit on 23-7-2012 by sonnny1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 09:35 PM
link   
As of right now, the team has only announced their findings onto a radio show and no other announcements have been made so the jury is still out as too whether their claims are completely true.

I guess they are just for illustration propose.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 12:08 AM
link   
Does anyone know what country is that stone tablet with the pyramid from ?

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 01:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by hounddoghowlie
yea i know what you mean, seems you do the same, read that is
your post on page 5 is the same info i posted on page 3.and Kantzveldt on page 1

www.abovetopsecret.com...

and it looks as if you copied and pasted part of the article instead of using quotes.
at least i used my own words to give the location.

and i see others who posted what has already been posted.
i think it helps to read posts before you post.

Hounddoghowlie, are you accusing me of lying?

I most certainly did read the OP & link. I also read the first 5 pages of this thread before posting.

Does that mean I have read every LINK on every post in the first 5 pages of this thread?
No, it does not.

The Philip Coppens link you’re referring to, does not appear in the OP.

It’s on the 8th post by Kantzveldt on Page 1.

Also your info on Page 3 is not quite the same info as I posted on Page 5:

hounddoghowlie’s post on Page 3:

had to dig some through my hard drive to find more, i knew i rat wholed it some where.
this is a article from nexus magazine, about stan hall. it even gives the location for the cave system.
i suggest to all it is fairly interesting to read.

www.philipcoppens.com...

The Quest For The Metal Library

here are the cords: 77º 47' 34" west and 1º 56' 00" south

My (AuranVector) post is the last post on Page 5:

Here's something that might interest you:

”From Jaramillo, Hall was able to learn the true story of the Tayos library—which was NOT in the Cueva de los Tayos at all…

Jaramillo always said that the entrance was under the river," he said. But that river is not near the Tayos Cave. That river is the Pastaza River…

For anyone who is interested, the location is at 77º 47' 34" west and 1º 56' 00" south. GoogleEarth brings you very close and can satisfy any initial curiosity.

www.colinandrews.net...

If you will notice there are quotation marks at the beginning of the quote:
“From Jaramillo…

The mistake I made was forgetting to put quotation marks at the end of the quote:
… curiosity.”

The source of the quote is at the bottom. I was NOT stealing someone else’s work.

Sorry I did not recognize the map coordinates you posted on Page 3.
The point of my post was that the Library is NOT near the Tayos Cave. It’s a different location altogether.

There are numerous websites that have the same info.

And after reading 12 pages of this thread, my pronouncement still stands:

Most of the people who have responded to this thread have NOT read the OP & link or the thread.
So they do not know that some of the questions they bring up have already been answered.

edit on 24-7-2012 by AuranVector because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 02:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555

Originally posted by Char-Lee
reply to post by Blaine91555

Shows here the language...
Crespi Collection with Pyramid and Paleo- Hebrew Writing (Hamby Ref. 4)

chapmanresearch.org...

Thank you. Then it's Paleo Hebrew. I thought as much. That puts this cave stuff to bed.

Those objects were likely plunder imported here on a Spanish Ship that had not returned yet to Spain with it's cargo. That was common as voyages lasted for many years and they would visit multiple locations. Probably a Spaniard's stash that was found.

Yes, very iffy, but even if what you say is true about being plunder from the spanish conquistadors.... it is still an intersting find none the less....
edit on 24-7-2012 by DARREN1976 because: spelling...

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 03:19 AM
link   
I guess I'll go ahead and share my research in hopes this issue can be put into better context for everyone.

If this treasure is real than it is one of the most important discoveries in recent times.
There is no telling what is within, if it is real that is. I've never personally seen it or anything so it's just a possibility that I'm willing to entertain.

Here is my thread where I explain the connection to the ancient Middle East:
All Roads Lead to Babylon

Also check out this post:
about Easter Island and the mysterious Indus Valley Script. And the few posts after that.

Please at least review the information. A lot of it is highly speculative, while a lot of other things are clear and obvious.

I don't know that much but if anyone has any questions I'll try to help them figure it out.

edit on 24-7-2012 by muzzleflash because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 03:26 AM
link   
Sigh....I feel like I have a million things to tell everyone that I feel like a lot of people may be missing judging by most of the replies.

Hopefully the links I posted before this will suffice for now.
I really wish I could just give you guys a brain download or something.

Oh yeah, and just today I made some good posts about Canaan, Kingdom of Israel, Phoenicia, Carthage, and how they all connect together, and how they were a seafaring peoples who traveled great distances.

Please read my 4 or so posts in this thread here:
Starting with this post

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 05:24 AM
link   
Why doesn't someone just go ask George Lucas, I am sure he knows. After all he did reference this place in Indiana Jones 4. South America, check. Cave enterance accessable only by water, check. Native tribe protecting the location, check. Temple filled with artifacts from other civilizations, check.

In an interviews with Howard Stern, Seth Rogan talked about a conversation he had with George Lucas. Lucas supposeddly went on about his belief in aliens. Lucas is super rich so maybe he knows powerful people who know things. Maybe Lucas funded an expedition himself, quietly without anyone noticing he had done so.

Why isn't anyone persueing the origin of these claims, the tribe that showed the place to an outside? Who are they and what kinds of legends does said tribe have? Maybe something in their stories mentions this Library.

I agree that there is a lot of garbage in this thread. However there are legit questions to answer here and there if people would get off the photos.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 05:25 AM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

Will check out the threads. It is very disconcerting that around 60% of the posts in this thread demonstrate that -

a) People post crap without reading the source article properly..

b) People post the same crap without reading through any of the responses in-thread, therefore making for a hell of a lot of repetitious crap...

c) Some people like to act like experts when they really don't know what they're talking about. (this doesn't refer to you, Muzzleflash, but there are a few comments by apparent 'expert metallurgists' who make points that are later shown to be nonsense...)

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 05:43 AM
link   
Here are some killer finds I just came up with.

Please check out this photograph on Flickr.com:

The Two Cats

Peru; Vicús. 2nd-6th century. Hammered gold. Jan Mitchell and Sons Collections, Gift from Jan Mitchell, 1991 (1991.419.49, .50)

Vicús-style nose ornaments feature some of the most engaging imagery on South American ornamental forms. The two cats on (one of) the ornaments displayed here, for instance, have nothing of the ferocity characteristic of Precolumbian feline depictions but are personable, their "threat" more manageable. The paired mirror-image cats also have particularly interesting feet, all of which are clearly visible. Each foot has five distinctly rounded "toes," not claws.

So it's made from gold, it has the two cats, it's authenticated as South American, and it dates from 2nd-6th centuries BC. I believe that one is at the Met.

Here is a statue of a pre-Colombian puma from Costa Rica that is on display.
*Trying to fix links*
This link isn't working , Google "Ticotimes Wildcats-take-center-stage-in-pre-Columbian-artifact-exhibit"

Here is another depiction, but sadly the webpage is messed up and I can't find out any info about it, but the two felines show up again

Heritage-Images

And I saw another one but I cannot find it, but it's half gold half silver, and each side has one of the crazy cats on it. It looks just like the rest of them, it's a tablet or plate of some sort. I believe it was found in Nazca Peru, btw.
So there are plenty more obviously, from all over the region.

Oh, and while looking at Mesoamerican artifacts, keep your eyes peeled for symbols that you know of from the 'old world'. Yin/Yang types, Fleur-de-Lis, Caduceus, hexagrams, what have you.
They can be found if you look.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 06:02 AM
link   
Oh and Google "Paleo-Hebrew America", and you will come up with 27million hits.
Perhaps adding a few more words like "artifact" or "discovery" will narrow it down a bit.

But as you can see, there are many finds with similar markings on them.

Also I want to note the intimate similarities between Paleo-Hebrew, Phoenician (Proto-Canaanite) all the way to Neo-Punic.

Phoenician Alphabet (Proto-Canaanite)

Paleo-Hebrew

Punic Alphabet

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 06:47 AM
link   
this thread was the very reason i joined this website

i love events like these! they all futher clarify my belief that humanity have been lied to for a long time

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 08:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by intrptr
reply to post by Bilk22

Pure silver is non-reactive and will not oxidize. That is why it was used for fillings. Alloy silvers will oxidize in varying degrees depending upon their composition.

Your right. But I think pure silver was out of their reach. Unless the ancestral people that inhabited Equador had access to Gas Chromatograph-Mass Spectrometers. Or did dental amalgams? Did they find either of those in Crispi's hoard?

Not quite following you. Silver has been mined for thousands of years. It was generally found while mining for other metals such as lead and gold.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 10:20 AM
link   
New discoveries are always amazing to me. I know there are tons of things all around this earth that are so deeply hidden, we would never know about it.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 10:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Bilk22

Not quite following you. Silver has been mined for thousands of years. It was generally found while mining for other metals such as lead and gold.

Oh, sorry. I conjectured that the "silver" looking picture of the King holding the goblet or whatever looked to good to be actual silver because silver oxidizes over time. You said pure silver doesn't oxidize and I agreed but doubt that the ancestral peoples living in Equador could produce anything close to "pure"?

I was being sarcastic about them having modern scientific equipment to determine its actual content after refining. Not derogatory. Sorry if it seemed that way.

And you are right metal ores usually occur together in deposits. Did you know that refineries today value old copper wire from early 1900's because of its gold and silver content?

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by DCLXVI

Originally posted by IAMTAT

Originally posted by DCLXVI
Here is the best i could do with the writings on the pyramid :

Some similarities in writing characters to this other mysterious artifact:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Yes, you might be interested in these also

(same elephant, same sun)

edit on 23-7-2012 by DCLXVI because: (no reason given)

Those are interesting images as well.
Thank you for posting them.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by DARREN1976

Originally posted by Blaine91555

Originally posted by Char-Lee
reply to post by Blaine91555

Shows here the language...
Crespi Collection with Pyramid and Paleo- Hebrew Writing (Hamby Ref. 4)

chapmanresearch.org...

Thank you. Then it's Paleo Hebrew. I thought as much. That puts this cave stuff to bed.

Those objects were likely plunder imported here on a Spanish Ship that had not returned yet to Spain with it's cargo. That was common as voyages lasted for many years and they would visit multiple locations. Probably a Spaniard's stash that was found.

Yes, very iffy, but even if what you say is true about being plunder from the spanish conquistadors.... it is still an intersting find none the less....
edit on 24-7-2012 by DARREN1976 because: spelling...

I agree. Even if what I suggested is the case it's still very interesting.

The cave stuff appears to be a linking of rumors and myths. Perhaps stemming from a confidence person's attempt to acquire funding.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Corruption Exposed
reply to post by Kantzveldt

Awesome find

Take a look at the upper right hand corner of this picture from your source:

It looks like an elephant. I don't think that elephants ever existed in Ecuador so this strengthens my theory that all these ancient civilizations were somehow connected, most likely by Atlantis.

ETA: I'm not saying this is a hoax, but that would help explain the elephants. I'm no expert on oxidation so I can't comment on that aspect of the discussion. If real, then it raises a lot of questions about our history.
edit on 22-7-2012 by Corruption Exposed because: (no reason given)

It is an elephant and you are correct...there were no elephants in Ecuador or the America's. However....there were most certainly a whole lot of mastadon's c. 10,000-ish years ago. Thus, we have three possible explanations.

1. Ancient civilizations were all connected and this is a depiction of an African, Indian, or Pygmy elephant.

2. Ancient civilizations were NOT connected...but they are much, much, older than we think they are and this is a depiction of a Columbian Mammoth or a Mastadon.

3. Both are true. Civilization is much, much, older than we think and they were in contact with one another.

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join