It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Metal Library Found in Tayos Cave in Ecuador

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Thanks OP, this sort of thing is the exact reason that I'm on ATS.

S&F.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Smells like a fake. Why can't I find any other news stories about it?

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Ladysophiaofsandoz

Yes, elephants existed in the Americas.
Just Google it, you'll get hits. There are still a few in South America.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Char-Lee
reply to post by Blaine91555

Shows here the language...
Crespi Collection with Pyramid and Paleo- Hebrew Writing (Hamby Ref. 4)

chapmanresearch.org...

Thank you. Then it's Paleo Hebrew. I thought as much. That puts this cave stuff to bed.

Those objects were likely plunder imported here on a Spanish Ship that had not returned yet to Spain with it's cargo. That was common as voyages lasted for many years and they would visit multiple locations. Probably a Spaniard's stash that was found.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by WanderingThe3rd

obviously everyone saw the charcters at the bottom, but i think the information it gives us about our solar system is more important then how childisly its been made.

See the link in the post above yours. In it is the photo of the object and it's not from a cave found recently. It's in a collection.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Hm, I don't know.. It sounds a bit too good to be true. In this day and age people will do anything to create hype. My hypothesis, it's going to be revealed and pull a bit of an ancient egyptian curse. People who discovered it and disrupted the balance will perish... Just an idea. It's just something that seems to have been hidden for a reason.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 05:18 PM
link   
I have a theory: These metal plates were planted, perhaps up to an estimated 100 years ago by followers or someone who had knowledge of the Mormons. Perhaps some Mormons from the U.S. went on an expedition to Ecuador to with these plates to do anthropology/archaeology/cultural studies to confirm their belief that Israelites traveled to Americas before Columbus. Perhaps they found nothing, but then intentionally planted these plates to strengthen the belief that the lost 12 tribes of Israel traveled to the Americas, when the plates were found in the far future.

Note: I would have to have more information on the metallic plates (I would have to see them in full detail, all of them, to make a more accurate conclusion from the facts. I also want to add the oddity of the pyramids and the elephant, and the existence and similarity of metal plates have led me to my 1st theory.) Joseph Smith, founder of Mormonism, wrote on Gold plates. You can also research the Kinderhook Plates, brass plates found in 1843 that were found in Kinderhook, Illinois. There are also the Voree Plates, and the Michigan Plates:

Michigan Relics (hoax):
(en.wikipedia.org...)

Also, read this about Mormons and engraved metal plates:
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by hounddoghowlie
was doing a little research on stan hall and the tayos cave system.
found the below page, and if you look at the next last to image, it appears to be the same as the one with the cats in the op,
i found that to be kinda strange, could somebody be using old photos.

Father Crespi

eta: if you look at the second image on the second row, theres one of them elephants again.
edit on 22-7-2012 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

Also from your link ... a GIANT guitar?
www.bibliotecapleyades.net...

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 05:29 PM
link   
reply to post by problemsolvr

In 1968, there was a Mormon expedition to the Tayos Cave region.
In 1976, there was another Mormon funded expedition to the Tayos cave region.

I theorize that someone planted this, either from the Mormon group, or who knows about Mormons, so they would find it and think it was the treasure that the Mormons sought. Either way, I think the metal plates are fairly recent and a hoax.

edit on 23-7-2012 by problemsolvr because: Added 2nd paragraph.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 05:34 PM
link   
Obvious hoax or fraud.

How does ATS get caught up in this stuff and have it being the top topic of the day.

How does this post get hundreds of stars and upvotes when its obviously being ignorant of the facts that they have no proof?

Im not questioning the OP, she's just a messenger, Im questioning the 142 of you who have flagged this post.

ATS needs to adopt the Upvote/Downvote system that places like Reddit.com use so that the 142 regular tin hat folks dont flag posts that shouldn't be, or at least those sane individuals can balance the post back to where it should be, a none topic.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrSmith
Obvious hoax or fraud.

How does ATS get caught up in this stuff and have it being the top topic of the day.

How does this post get hundreds of stars and upvotes when its obviously being ignorant of the facts that they have no proof?

Im not questioning the OP, she's just a messenger, Im questioning the 142 of you who have flagged this post.

ATS needs to adopt the Upvote/Downvote system that places like Reddit.com use so that the 142 regular tin hat folks dont flag posts that shouldn't be, or at least those sane individuals can balance the post back to where it should be, a none topic.

Downvoting sucks. It is a negative reinforcement, which has time and again proven to be deleterious to all involved. It would drive a culture of forum gangs, and popularity would drive all member contributions.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by problemsolvr
I have a theory: These metal plates were planted, perhaps up to an estimated 100 years ago by followers or someone who had knowledge of the Mormons. Perhaps some Mormons from the U.S. went on an expedition to Ecuador to with these plates to do anthropology/archaeology/cultural studies to confirm their belief that Israelites traveled to Americas before Columbus. Perhaps they found nothing, but then intentionally planted these plates to strengthen the belief that the lost 12 tribes of Israel traveled to the Americas, when the plates were found in the far future.

Note: I would have to have more information on the metallic plates (I would have to see them in full detail, all of them, to make a more accurate conclusion from the facts. I also want to add the oddity of the pyramids and the elephant, and the existence and similarity of metal plates have led me to my 1st theory.) Joseph Smith, founder of Mormonism, wrote on Gold plates. You can also research the Kinderhook Plates, brass plates found in 1843 that were found in Kinderhook, Illinois. There are also the Voree Plates, and the Michigan Plates:

Michigan Relics (hoax):
(en.wikipedia.org...)

Also, read this about Mormons and engraved metal plates:
en.wikipedia.org...

If that's the case, and the gold for the plates was mined in America, it'll be easy to find out.

A proper assay of the gold should be able to pinpoint it's origin as each gold deposit is unique.

If the gold is from Africa, Asia or Europe then we really have a mystery.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 05:57 PM
link   

i believe that link says they've known about and searched the caves but never found the chambers that held the tablets.

How did they know the caves had chambers with tablets in the first place?, was there a legend or tale from another discovery?

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 06:42 PM
link   
I guess we are lucky that they didn't try to melt them down first and sell them for a goat or a bag of rice. At least somebody gets a chance to study them. Some of the pictures of the "beings" or "humans" look somewhat like old depictions of The Annunaki. I just hope they don't get thrown in the "censor bin" because they contradict the "history" that we have been lead to believe.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 07:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Char-Lee

Sorry for the delay.

Very informative and in depth, but do you have sources? Also no we don't know if these were cleaned. I would think the priest they gave them too would probably have done so.

Take courses in metallurgy (rather broad science), precious metals, refining, assay, corrosion, etc. I am not accredited nor do I have a bunch of paper diplomas. Just a lifetime of dabbling. I am an old dangerous hack.

If we were to speculate that the objects were of alien make, we could also speculate on their ability to add something to prevent corrosion. Like the The iron pillar of Delhi
en.wikipedia.org...

That was awesome. I never heard of that before. It is indeed wrought iron "with impurities" and an environmental twinge that set up its corrosive resistant properties. Unheard of luck in the forge casting process. Thing is back then they didn't have the knowledge we do today of all the elements and depending on the ore they used, the process and the elements (weather), this is the result? Too cool.

There are many beautiful ancient silver artifacts with designs like this goblet.
www.sacred-destinations.com...

Didn't work with my browser.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 07:11 PM
link   
reply to post by dontreally

With pictures....THE GOLD OF THE GODS book

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 07:14 PM
link   
reply to post by problemsolvr

The evidence is available from he late 70's and 80's..therefore...your theory is wrong because you did not study the material....and its been documented with photos ie. THE GOLD OF THE GODS. EQUADOR, TUNNELS, PLATES etc etc.

Check out the book, study the evidence presented...then theorize. Do the work 1st. Thanks
edit on 06-10-2010 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Char-Lee
reply to post by intrptr

Seems they use words like "gold' lightly as all the different metals are being called gold here.
Notice the snakes everywhere!

This is interesting...
"(B) Fakes
Regarding fakes (which Crespi knowingly purchases in his casual, humanitarian style, at the same
time chiding the seller): “The modern solder and hacksaw marks give them away.” (p. 136)"

many pictures of the real and fake artifacts here.
chapmanresearch.org...

Thanks for that link. If I may...

(C) Hybrid real-fakes
Far from creating fakes in order to reap high profits, some of the Indian diggers in Ecuador have cut up and reshaped genuinely ancient and priceless materials in order to get any kind of price at all for it.

Bummer. I bet he did the same to items made of gold that he found or received from the natives as "offerings" or tithes in his church. Makes sense. His whole paradigm was to prove the link between ancient Babylon and these Indian artifacts in Equador. Does anyone else notice the propensity of elephants, snakes and similar characters in the "writing" on items that are supposedly from lands that are oceans and eons apart?

Cmon read thru the BS on this one everyone.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 07:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Bilk22

Pure silver is non-reactive and will not oxidize. That is why it was used for fillings. Alloy silvers will oxidize in varying degrees depending upon their composition.

Your right. But I think pure silver was out of their reach. Unless the ancestral people that inhabited Equador had access to Gas Chromatograph-Mass Spectrometers. Or did dental amalgams? Did they find either of those in Crispi's hoard?

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by bowtomonkey

Originally posted by chr0naut
reply to post by Kantzveldt

The "gold plate" to me does not look like gold. It appears tarnished at the edges (why not in the middle too?). It looks like polished brass or bronze that has been chemically 'aged' or has been oxidised due to handling.

If this is brass or bronze, there's no way it is older than a month (since last polished). The oxidisation would have been worse (and covered the whole plate more evenly) especially in the humidity of a cave.

Along the bottom of the plate is what appears to be Greek lettering but the photo is very poor. And the elephants in both are not native to Ecuador.

Similarities in theme and execution lead me to assume that both plates were done by the same person, too.

The other (silver?) plate in the photo also lacks oxidisation.

I'd go with totally fake.
edit on 22/7/2012 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

Silver doesn't tarnish, other than to oxidise silver / white. The sterling silver you are used to seeing goes dark because of the copper. Fine silver doesn't tarnish.

Gold also doesn't tarnish, but it will lose it's luster. The oxidised area's could be impurities in the alloy, or from the tools used to beat it. This is somewhat expected.

Within 3 seconds I could tell you if they are real if I saw them in person.

Please don't try to fool people that you're an expert on precious metals.

My opinion is that they are fake, but not for the reasons mentioned above.

I never made a claim to be an expert in precious metals, however, my father is a jeweller and I have done some basic chemistry.

Pure silver, in a cave environment (most probably with hydrogen sulphide in the air, either from volcanic, or anerobic digestion sources) will tarnish black.

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join