It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nobody has the right to take another Human Life not even in Self Defense

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
If you honestly and truly believe this to your core, like the Quakers, then I respect the heck out of it. It takes more strength to take THAT position and stick to it through a real test than to take mine...where I'll simply kill before being killed.

Personally, I'm very comfortable with what I know to be judging me at the end of things and before the cycle starts over and it's back here to give it another whirl. I even go so far as to say that death by lack of defense is suicide by omission of action. Suicide, to my beliefs, is the ultimate and most egregious of the sins. I'll keep my means and intent to defend.

I won't call you wrong though. Not if the beliefs are sincere and not conditional or situational. Everyone has different values and lines in life.

I do not belive you should judge the people that need to get out of the earthly prison. I even think god in fact use suicide as a way of showing how far our system have gotten away from the true path. If god tells you that you can choose your on time to come home and you are done with the lesson then why should you judge your brother/sister for going home if he/she is not happy here. If he/she is unfinished then he/she will be sent back anyway. If not then he/she will stay at home.

If you do everything that is right and you still cannot get release and is not learing anything new then god is just a bully if he leaves you in pain. And since he/she is not a bully and I have my own proof of that he/she would not do that. I have myself been saved from suicide as it was mean to happen to have an loss of ego. If you are meant to live on and is still needed here then god will intervene.

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 03:13 PM
link   
It seems you made this thread as your own form of entertainment out of probibly bordom. You have managed to not defend your position and side step comments opposed to your opinion by asking off topic and illogical questions.
So, defend your opinion...if you say that in some cases you would take a life to defend another, you contradict yourself. If you say you would not take a life in defense of and innocent, are you not as evil as the one perpatrating the act? You are backed into a corner, and your only way out is to ask defelctive questions. So, care to answer?

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Siberbat

If you say you would not take a life in defense of and innocent,
You canot play God you don't know which is the image and likeness that...

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by diamondoftheworld
reply to post by apushforenlightment

but if I defend somebody else or myself against a person who is egoparasticly sick (frankly insane) I will get bad karma for defending ous against the sick/isane?
You should ask yourself first why that person is like that,everything is happening for a reason except crime.

If I feel the need to act then I will follow it no matter what my mind/ego tells me. I know enought to trust my instincts/higher self. I will pay for the karma if there is any and that I will find out when I am on the other side reading what really happened in everyones head at that moment. But this is just hypothetical since I have a feeling I will not ever in this life be in a situation where I do need to use violence.

But coming between me and a loved blessed one and hurting them is in a way suicidal. Do not poke the bear.

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 03:26 PM
link   

reply to post by apushforenlightment

You cannot be 100% enlightened in a enviroment where the outside enviroment is not 100% enlightened.
Well you see I LIVE IN HEAVEN and this is not a joke.

But you are at the same time in between just like me with your body/mind/ego. If you do have a clear connection then ask around and you will probably find out somethings you really should know before you continue this disscussion soulbrother. You are not 100% wrong but not 100% right either for how earth/society is now from my point of view.
edit on 22-7-2012 by apushforenlightment because: spellchecking

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 03:28 PM
link   

edit on 22-7-2012 by apushforenlightment because: Bah.Who cares. Let the dreamers dream their insane dream, Seekers seek, and the true Children play with their hidden friends.

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 03:42 PM
link   
There is a Silence..before the End.In this silence only one can talk and few listen.

Do not look for great things,all of them are here.They are not different of the rest.

Not looking for magic ,magic is in you .

Try to see and you will be seen.

Just open your eyes.

diamondoftheworld

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 03:52 PM
link   

reply to post by windword

Where do you get you information?
I am the information.

In other words, you are setting yourself up as your own moral authority. It's all about you. Fine if you want to do that, but it's a mighty fine line to tread and you will undoubtedly come across other people who simply do not accept your stance. From my standpoint as an outsider looking at your statements, I see no particular reason to heed what you are saying. You haven't expressed anything that would indicate you have a deep understanding of the subject matter. So far it's very superficial. If it's "complicated," as you claim, then you need to articulate just what you mean by that. Saying, "I am the information" is egotistical nonsense. I have a feeling you are going to have some difficulty persuading anyone else of your own moral superiority.

In other words, your idea here can be dismissed.

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by diamondoftheworld

What is said in the Bible about self defense.

In Luke chapter 22; verse 36 it says: "Then said he unto them, but now , he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment and buy one."

I believe in self defense.

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 03:57 PM
link   
reply to post by schuyler

In other words, your idea here can be dismissed.
Yes.And this is The silence before the end.

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by caladonea

I believe in self defense
I believe in prayer in front of self defence.

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 04:04 PM
link   
If someone trys to harm me or my kids if killing them would protect us I would in an instant and never EVER feel bad about it

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 04:14 PM
link   

If you say you would not take a life in defense of and innocent,
You canot play God you don't know which is the image and likeness that...

It seems you can not defend your OP and you appear to be stuck in a delimma. I will leave you to contemplate the issue to see if you can reason your way through it. On the other hand, all you had to say was, "That's just what I believe." One respects an honest answer.
Deny Ignorance

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Even in heaven, wars are fought.

Enough J-

The kadeshim have not been given leave.

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Doalrite
If someone trys to harm me or my kids if killing them would protect us I would in an instant and never EVER feel bad about it
Tell that to the kids from Afghanistan and Iraq and...so on...

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Sounds like you believe that taking the life of a more moral and just person has less effects on your karma than killing a very unrighteous person.
It just doesn't add up to me.

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 04:29 PM
link   

So I see you are starting to come around. There is a time when you would defend the innocent with bloodshed. I didn't expect you would contradict yourself as early as page three. Now clearify the above quoted statement so we can end the discussion? I may give you a F&S..

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 04:30 PM
link   
reply to post by CirqueDeTruth

Even in heaven, wars are fought.
Not wars but chases.

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 04:33 PM
link   

No chances for them ever not even with a prayer or a ...tear...

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by deadeyedick
Sounds like you believe that taking the life of a more moral and just person has less effects on your karma than killing a very unrighteous person.
It just doesn't add up to me.

Not to me either. But if we want a downward spiral where the society degrades more to evolve lower unenlightened souls instead of higher enligthened souls then I can see it as useful. Because if the egos with bully tendecies get to live instead of the enlightened ones then you do get an increased ego in the souls sent here as a defense mechanism so that the soul survive.

It is all about what kind of grade school earth should be. Do you want it to evolve higher souls (collage level) or evolve the daycare center type of souls. Both grades schools are needed in the universe since there is a lot of souls to evolve. If we want to have a daycare center then we might as well evolve back to apes again.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join