It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nobody has the right to take another Human Life not even in Self Defense

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Nobody has the right to take another Human Life not even in Self Defense...because there is the patience without sin.
reply to post by diamondoftheworld

I positively must disagree about not self preserving.Maybe an aggressor will luck out on a good day,but I doubt it.Sorry

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 01:54 PM
link   

I did not. This is the military we're talking about here, not the bloody boyscouts.

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 01:56 PM
link   

It seems, however, that you are an awe-inspiring, unbelievable LACK of information.

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Taupin Desciple

So what does that mean exactly that could override the fact that I'm still alive?
For some time now human history has no natural course and you do not understand why.

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 02:03 PM
link   
This isn't strength it cowardace. The same person who says it is wrong to take anothers life even out of self defense is the same person who will stand by while innocents are being attacked and killed. It sounds like moral relativist garbage. We must resist evil and do what is right.

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." (Edmund Burke)

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 02:04 PM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

You don't take the sins of another onto yourself,

Thou shalt not kill.

en.wikipedia.org...

Actually you do take them onto yourself.

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Siberbat

hooah

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by diamondoftheworld

Originally posted by CesarO
And you are basing this way of looking at the universe and life overall based on something you read?
I didn't read something about it....... I can feel it,.the tuth.

So you made it up?
You should just open your thread with
"I made this up..."

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 02:11 PM
link   
reply to post by xXxinfidelxXx

This is the military we're talking about
I know but you should have the finesse to understand my words.

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Siberbat

moral
Hmmm,define moral...if you can of course.

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by MeesterB

So you made it up?
Is anger in Heaven....for all that is and will be,for words and facts who were mystified aginst The Law.

and....you made this up.

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 02:22 PM
link   

I have the finesse to determine that your words are based in uneducated, misguided naivete. There is a difference you know.

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 02:25 PM
link   

I sort of agree!

My own belief is to turn the other cheek. Yes, Jesus taught me this. After many life experiences and much deliberation I agree with Christ wholeheartedly, but I have a mean temper when pushed hard and sometimes I do bite back, but I try hard not to and it has quite a lot of success.

I have not participated in any violence since I was 15 years old, now 46! The last fight I had was with a guy who had been in a gang that cornered me in a park and beat the crap out of me. He offered me out for a fight. I went to his house to meet him for the fight; he would not come out. His Dad made him be a man and come out. I quickly overpowered him without causing any harm and then he had an asthma attack, lol. His mum came out and started shouting at me when I had not even done anything to him (it was his invitation to fight, not mine). I still have a bent nose from the gang beating I took. I keep it as a reminder of what violence is.

I always managed to be diplomatic. I worked with people who are criminally very mentally ill and because they sensed my humanity and compassion I never had a problem in all my work with people with mental illness and behaviour issues. I cross my fingers that will always be the case, but one never knows!

Turn the other cheek is by far the manliest of all stances to take when confronted. Christ also said "They who live by the sword will die by the sword"! I think that is pretty much how it goes.

However, I must admit that I do not have children nor a partner to protect. I know I would die to protect a partner, family or friend, but I would first use diplomacy and exhaust every other means before I resorted to the matching fire with fire approach.

I have no hassles with my own person by not responding with violence, but protecting others is a different story and I must confess I would not be quite so pure about it all in that situation.

Thanks for your post. Very positive!
edit on 22-7-2012 by Revolution9 because: spelling

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 02:27 PM
link   

uneducated, misguided naivete
Whate'va .I m used with it.

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by diamondoftheworld

uneducated, misguided naivete
Whate'va .I m used with it.

Hey, don't be used to it! People have no right to be rude to you. Again, I see the ugly head of bullying raising its head on this thread! I like your thread and it is much wiser than most of the threads here. So many people are resigned to living the way things are. When incidents like "Aurora" happen such sentiments as you here express show the gentler side of human nature. You have as much right to express yourself here as any of the "bigots" who only know how to bully. You are just as wise, if not a bit wiser because you clearly see the futility of violence!

Blessings upon you!

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Revolution9

Hey, don't be used to it! People have no right to be rude to you.
Than you for your good words.

No worries they don't know who they are talking to and with but there will come a time.....that time is so close they do not even dream... so close ...as a hair.

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by windword

It says if you take another life then you will take away upon you the sins of that person.

Who or what says?

Where do you get you information?

To op.

So I am supposed to turn the other cheek even when killed. If a person kills me then he/she will get karma but if I defend somebody else or myself against a person who is egoparasticly sick (frankly insane) I will get bad karma for defending ous against the sick/isane? Shall we take this argument further. Are we allowed to limit their freedom even or should we allow a single person to kill every person he/she meets for his/her life?

Frankly the best thing to be is to be a wall of karma against the egocrazy ones. They will not learn if they do not get boundries. Be very nice to everyone but if they show themself to be a rabid animals then their rights are nonexistant from my point of view. Death is just another change and the crazy stupidos will be sent back to this place until they get it/learn. That behaviour is not allowed in heaven and nobody gets in and is allowed to stay if they cannot behave.

You cannot be 100% enlightened in a enviroment where the outside enviroment is not 100% enlightened. You are in between. Learn from it and be happy if you graduate from it.

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 02:54 PM
link   
I agree with you mostly. But I am not perfect. I have not killed anyone, but I would instinctively fight back if being attacked, but I don't know if I would kill the person for it. I guess it depends on circumstances. But I am much more active in defending others than I am myself.

Your stance on killing is clear. What about harming a person in self defence, but you don't kill them? What if I witness a rape and walk up and kick the person off of the victim not meaning to kill the attacker, but my foot hits their neck just right and they die? Or what if they do not die, but live many more years in a hospital bed in a comatose state?

I don't blame anybody who has killed in self defense or military service. It's an ugly world we live in. I wouldve done the same too. I just believe that in a perfect world there would be less killing. Sure, if everyone followed the op's rule, all it would take is one psycho to systematically kill everyone. But would such a psycho be able to be produced growing up in such a world? There is much we don't know about the human condition. Would the psycho continue killing people who refuse to defend themselves? Maybe he or she gets turned on by the struggle, by the fact that he knows people wish they could find him or her and kill them to stop them from killing. If there was no such desire that would take away from the adventure of killing. It's complicated, but there Is a lot we dont know...

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by apushforenlightment

but if I defend somebody else or myself against a person who is egoparasticly sick (frankly insane) I will get bad karma for defending ous against the sick/isane?
You should ask yourself first why that person is like that,everything is happening for a reason except crime.

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by apushforenlightment

You cannot be 100% enlightened in a enviroment where the outside enviroment is not 100% enlightened.
Well you see I LIVE IN HEAVEN and this is not a joke.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join