It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mass shooting in Aurora, CO (At Batman Film Premiere)

page: 176
<< 173  174  175    177  178  179 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 10:04 AM
link   
Yep, CS Gas is no fun.

I do think you make an excellent point re the lack of symptoms, i have listened to the police radio chatter and i dont think i can remember hearing that much coughing and spluttering at all. I also agree that the witnesses who were interviewed afterwards didnt seem to show any effects from what is alleged to be CS Gas.

I have embedded a couple of vids i just found showing the effects. The videos show NBC training in the UK and US forces, from watching you can clearly see the effect the gas has on those involved.

edit on 24/7/12 by HumanPLC because: spelling

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 10:37 AM
link   
reply to post by HumanPLC

Yeah, too weird. This thread shows loads of people all grieving together shortly after the shooting: Nobody has been disrobed, hosed down, carted off in an ambulance etc. cluesforum.info...

It's still dark in the photos, so it's got to be between 1:00am and 5:00am I'd guess.

Anyway, now I'm starting to see some new footage of memorial services and local news with grieving people who don't appear to be professional actors.

So I think I'm starting to lean more toward this being a staged tragedy comprised of a mixture of actors, patsies, and real innocent victims - rather than a full on 100% fake stage play. Which makes it genuinely sad. In my eyes, there is still no contesting that the Ramos, Corbin and Seeger witness videos are fake and scripted, and likely the couple with the infant. Just too silly.

Here is a published victims list, albeit from a tabloid rag: www.people.com...

Should be able to find basic pre-existing stuff like Facebook, twitter, local news stories for most people who actually exist. Anyone start looking yet?

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 11:32 AM
link   
www.dailymail.co.uk...
A former classmate from the University of Colorado suggested another cause for the killings, describing Holmes as someone who had lost touch with reality after becoming 'obsessed' with video games.
The classmate told the Daily Mail: 'James was obsessed with computer games and was always playing role-playing games.
'I can’t remember which one but it was something like World of Warcraft, one of those where you compete against people on the internet.
'He did not have much of a life apart from that and doing his work. James seemed like he wanted to be in the game and be one of the characters.

Given the amount of time the suspect spent on the computer, the computer info has to be a big part of the investigation, especially in regard to motive. In his book MM0RPG(c. 2010), Dutch author Emile van Veen creates a scenario where a group of terrorists communicates, coordinates, and rehearses their terrorist attacks through their characters on online role-playing games. I'll bet one of the game scenarios Holmes was into was an attack on people in a theatre. 0f course, if police do find such a thing, they would never make that info public.

The shooting was itself ancillary to whatever 'game' scenario Holmes was playing out in his mind at the time. The inmate in the local jail who said Homes thought he was in 'a movie,' probably mistoke a 'game scenario' for a movie. Norway shooter Anders Breivik also showed symptoms of still being in 'game mode' long after his arrest.

edit on 24-7-2012 by starviego because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 11:42 AM
link   
i'm not understanding the vicodin dosage. it comes in 500mg tabs. a regular strength tablet is 5/500. then there is vicodin hp which is 10/660. you're not to exceed 4000mg of acetaminophen in a day (the acetaminophen content is the second number). vicodin is a combination of acetaminophen and hydrocodone.

so i'm not understanding where this 100mg dosage came from. it doesn't make sense. i don't think it even comes in 100mg tablets.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 11:43 AM
link   
I don't buy the official story of what happened. When SWAT guys strap on all their protective Kevlar gear, they are usually relying on buddies to help with that. One guy putting on his own protective gear would take more time and effort. We're supposed to believe this one guy out by his car in the parking lot strapped all this protective gear on, got his gas mask on, weaponed up, and there was no cop or security noticing the guy and alerting cops? Either the dude was real lucky to not be seen or there was a different type of operation going down.

See I think the cell phone call was the "go" signal. That meant that two vehicles were now in place outside the exit door: the white Holmes car (driven by an op, not Holmes) and a black ops van. An op (not Holmes) inside the theater takes the "go" cell phone call, gets the exit door open and has a hi-tech way to quickly disable the locking latch on the door, he gets into a getaway van while the real shooter (not Holmes) exits the van and goes into the theater and does the mass shooting, then when he comes back out, the real Holmes --- dressed and geared up exactly like the real shooter, is planted out there by the white car and is programmed to zombify and not resist arrest. His mind control code is "I am the Joker." The van speeds away just before back-up cops surround the thater. Back-up sees Holmes standing there in his gear and arrest him. Before the black ops fled the scene, they set the real shooter's gas mask and weapons inside the Holmes white car to make it look like Holmes was gearing down when back-up drove up.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 11:44 AM
link   
I've come up with another senario thats starting to make some sense. I posted it here on this thread:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Cheers

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 11:49 AM
link   
reply to post by starviego

I have an extremely hard time believing the theory that this was induced by his obsession with a game. I think Holmes knew exactly what the reality was. He knew people were going to die, and he knew it would end in one of two ways; suicide or prison (which ultimately ends in death). That is of course if you believe the official story that he was just a man gone mad.

I'm still trying to decide if we really are getting the legitimate story though. I have no doubts that the events happened, and I think they were very real. I just feel like there is some crucial information we haven't been exposed to and probably won't. There is just something about this that is missing..

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 11:52 AM
link   
reply to post by ZiggyMojo

What if he knew what reality was and had NO idea anyone was going to die? Adds a new twist don't you think?

Read my post I left here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 24-7-2012 by bluemirage5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

The gas mask still will not seal automatically unless he does that process.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 12:07 PM
link   
so this article starts to unravel what he was like. he wasn't such a great student. he was very defiant.

www.csmonitor.com...

no one has answered my other question about the vicodin dosage. 100mg doesn't make sense. i think the reports are wrong.

also, the "gas canisters"...... we don't know what was in them. they may just have been harmless smoke bombs set off merely for distraction.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 12:08 PM
link   
reply to post by bluemirage5

I dunno man.. Anyone as intelligent as this guy is made out to be would have known long before he ever opened fire that those were real bullets in that gun.. Even if he fired it once in the theater, he'd know pretty damn quickly. How do you explain his apartment being totally rigged as well? Was his character "The Joker" in the "movie" you're talking about supposedly hiding out in a college apartment in which he rigged with explosives? Anyone in his position and mental aptitude would be perfectly capable of building a bomb. Let me tell you this as well.. I've fired many guns and I am by no means a sharpshooter or expert. I can say however that I have fired similar weaponry to what he used and it wouldn't take anything more than pointing in the proper direction to hit something 5-10 feet away. ESPECIALLY with the shotgun.

All of that aside.. When you look at the fact that he acquired all of this weaponry and ammunition on his own how would he not know it was real?

I mean, I think there are probably some facts we haven't been given but your theory just seems a little TOO outlandish for me to believe. Your theory would however make an excellent movie.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZiggyMojo

I have an extremely hard time believing the theory that this was induced by his obsession with a game

Except there is no indication he was obsessed with murder and violence in real life. He WAS obsessed with murder and violence in his own fictional game universe. Interestingly, the climax of Van Veen's book is a planned attack on a football stadium full of sports fans. Are there any big sports events coming up?

-----------------

"I want them to make a game so realistic, that it looks and feels like it's actually happening,"
--Kimveer Gill, Montreal Dawson College shooter
edit on 24-7-2012 by starviego because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by starviego

I'll bet one of the game scenarios Holmes was into was an attack on people in a theatre.

Well it most certainly wasn't World of Warcraft or any other MMORPG I know of. None of them involve scenarios like that. They are fantasy games set in fantasy realms.

He could have been playing an FPS (First Person Shooter) obsessively, then the scenario would make a lot more sense.

The shooting was itself ancillary to whatever 'game' scenario Holmes was playing out in his mind at the time. The inmate in the local jail who said Homes thought he was in 'a movie,' probably mistoke a 'game scenario' for a movie. Norway shooter Anders Breivik also showed symptoms of still being in 'game mode' long after his arrest.

Again, it most certainly wasn't a MMORPG. It was more likely to be a FPS.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 12:29 PM
link   
After reading that CS monitor piece I'm wondering if he was some sort of academic fraud.

There's a million red flags in it!

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 12:32 PM
link   

I explained the possibility of how the conversation with the Police Dept may have come up with the idea and Holmes perhaps thought his life was in danger had he returned or Police might had put the idea in his head.
Holmes may have realised AFTER THE FACT he was now dealing with a very dangerous person/s.

I would'nt know the damn difference between a blank and a real bullet or what both sounds like. This guy was too much in to his studies to probably know the difference either.

Did he acquire those arms or were they purchased in his name? Any video tape inside the gun shop - thats if thats where they were purchased ?
edit on 24-7-2012 by bluemirage5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Where do you get any indication that he was obsessed with murder and violence in his video games? Have you ever played an MMORPG? Any of them? I've played them, and very few would be considered "Violent" in comparison to the myriad of other games that are out there to play. An MMORPG is often times set in medieval or fantasy type settings (especially those like World of Warcraft or games that could be mistaken for WoW). Very few if any, MMORPG's have a storyline or game mechanics that are open enough to play out a theater shooting. Of course there are probably some exceptions, but I have yet to see an MMORPG that contains violence comparable to that of the Aurora shootings. There is one game called "All Points Bulletin" that is similar to Grand Theft Auto but it revolves mostly around a "Cops vs Robbers" theme.

Sure you can play an "evil" character in an MMO, but even then "evil" is a subjective term based on your own beliefs and perceptions of the story or game reality. I could see where a game like Grand Theft Auto might have some influence on this sort of behavior, but I fail to see a link between his MMORPG computer gaming and his ability to murder 12 people and wound 58 others with semi automatic weapons. Perhaps the game allowing him to escape this reality played a small role in his perception of reality, but I think this guy had a much greater catalyst. What it is, I'm not sure.. But I would poop a hammer if this all winds up being a product of a computer game.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by longlostbrother
After reading that CS monitor piece I'm wondering if he was some sort of academic fraud.

There's a million red flags in it!

Really? I read it more as a very abrupt negative turn in an otherwise outstanding academic career. Honors, grants, camp counselor, "breezing through high school and college", doctoral studies in a demanding program. It all only seems to go wrong with that internship at Salk, which I find pretty interesting. The old videos of him do not paint a negative picture at all. I see a somewhat shy young science enthusiast who was genuinely into what he was doing.

The only red flag I see there is Salk. There are several quotes in that article from people who knew him. The ONLY negative one is from the Salk professor.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Thats quite right and hundreds of millions of kids are playing those online games for hours at a time

Gawd, glad my kids don't!

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kryties

Originally posted by starviego

I'll bet one of the game scenarios Holmes was into was an attack on people in a theatre.

Well it most certainly wasn't World of Warcraft or any other MMORPG I know of. None of them involve scenarios like that. They are fantasy games set in fantasy realms.

He could have been playing an FPS (First Person Shooter) obsessively, then the scenario would make a lot more sense.

Again, it most certainly wasn't a MMORPG. It was more likely to be a FPS.

This I'd believe a little more. I still think its a stretch though. There is a huge difference between firing a gun in game and then feeling the real power of a firing weapon in real life. Enough of a difference that FPS gamers who had never fired a real weapon before were taken to a range to do so, and many of them nearly wet their pants it was so different.
edit on 24-7-2012 by ZiggyMojo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by pasiphae
i'm not understanding the vicodin dosage. it comes in 500mg tabs. a regular strength tablet is 5/500. then there is vicodin hp which is 10/660. you're not to exceed 4000mg of acetaminophen in a day (the acetaminophen content is the second number). vicodin is a combination of acetaminophen and hydrocodone.

so i'm not understanding where this 100mg dosage came from. it doesn't make sense. i don't think it even comes in 100mg tablets.

There are tablets that contain 5mg, 7.5 or 10 mg of hydrocodone, so if he took 20 x 5mg that would be a hundred right? Anecdotal stuff on the web suggests that addicts take more than this in a day.

Having said that, did Holmes say that he took that amount or did police presume he did?

top topics

<< 173  174  175    177  178  179 >>

join