It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Jesus the only way to God?

page: 40
<< 37  38  39    41  42  43 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 05:02 PM
link   
reply to post by jhill76

Can you quote me saying this?

I just did in my above post. Check it out.

No way is right or wrong, I never said which way is the right way. All will know whom the Lord is one way or another.

And you continue to do it. Un-freaking-believable. Does everyone see what's going on here? How this just happened? I hope you do.

Because that's how all of you sound.
edit on 23-7-2012 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 05:04 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

Oh, you concluded this because I mentioned Father, I see.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by jhill76
reply to post by NihilistSanta

Its when your heart aligns with Gods will which he has given to us through the Bible then your heart is worth listening to.

Is it not possible to have his will instilled in you via his spirit, without going to the bible to try and find his will?

That would be conjecture although I lean toward yes considering those before the writing of the bible. However how do you know what the lords will is unless you have the bible? People like Enoch actually had some interaction with God in some manifestation. And since Jesus himself confirms Enoch I would say that we can take that on good authority. Where as someone who channels entities that then cause them to spew ideas contrary to Gods word. Judging fruits here. Im allowed that right?

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Deetermined

Until you learn to forgive, you're not going to receive much understanding.

You've no idea what I have forgiven, Dee.

I have plenty of "much understanding." I'm not the one who's not "receiving it".

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 05:07 PM
link   

That would be conjecture although I lean toward yes considering those before the writing of the bible.

I am not talking about not using the bible at all. I mean using it, reading it, and then finding his will for you via the spirit that dwells within. This is why Jesus said he would send the Holy Spirit isn't it?

Where as someone who channels entities that then cause them to spew ideas contrary to Gods word.

Who channels? What does this have to do with my question?
edit on 23-7-2012 by jhill76 because: (no reason given)

link   
reply to post by wildtimes

You've no idea what I have forgiven, Dee.

True.

But why all the hostility still?

link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity
reply to post by jhill76

Can you quote me saying this?

I just did in my above post. Check it out.

No way is right or wrong, I never said which way is the right way. All will know whom the Lord is one way or another.

And you continue to do it. Un-freaking-believable. Does everyone see what's going on here? How this just happened? I hope you do.

Because that's how all of you sound.

Yes I have noted it myself several times. However again this is the reason why we need a standard to go by(the bible) and not just some heartfelt conjecture.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 05:08 PM
link   

However again this is the reason why we need a standard to go by(the bible)

And look how much the Bible has changed the world. Have you watched CNN lately? I bet dropping the Bible in Africa will instantly cure hunger and disease.

And no, I don't mean spiritual hunger. The Bible causes as many problems as it solves, so that's out the window too.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 05:09 PM
link   
reply to post by jhill76

Not because of one word. Because of the entire context. No, you don't think about what you're posting. I see that now. Such a shame. And now, instead of facing your bald-faced hypocrisy, you're going to derail my case by drawing it away into a discussion of semantics and confusion.

No. I won't let it happen. You lamented the people who believe their way is the only way, then continue to talk as though YOUR way is the only way. Anyone who requires evidence of this, check out the last couple pages worth of posts.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Yes I have noted it myself several times. However again this is the reason why we need a standard to go by(the bible) and not just some heartfelt conjecture.

Let me explain:

- If a person finds the Lord by searching on the internet.
- If a person finds the Lord via church
- If a person finds the Lord via reading bible based books
- If a person finds the Lord via a homeless mans testimony.

In the end, they will all confess that Jesus is Lord. How is each path right or wrong, it isn't. You seem to think I am talking about something different, in which I am not. I will not say which is right or wrong, because each person finds God their own way.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 05:11 PM
link   
reply to post by jhill76

Instead of asking another question to answer a question, why don't you go ahead and tell everyone why what you believe doesn't match up with the Bible entirely.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Deetermined
reply to post by jhill76

Instead of asking another question to answer a question, why don't you go ahead and tell everyone why what you believe doesn't match up with the Bible entirely.

He did not phrase that as a question, he made a comment in his reply.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 05:13 PM
link   

No. I won't let it happen. You lamented the people who believe their way is the only way, then continue to talk as though YOUR way is the only way. Anyone who requires evidence of this, check out the last couple pages worth of posts.

You implied this. My way will not work for others, I am not saying on here my way is the only way.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 05:14 PM
link   
reply to post by jhill76

Can you go ahead and give us an answer anyway? I'm asking it now.

What "details" are not accurate in the Bible.

Why does the world not end the way it is outlined in the book of Revelation?

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 05:14 PM
link   
reply to post by jhill76

There is not just one truth. Just as there is more than one way to look at a tree, there is more than one way to find love. Because that's what spirituality is: love in all its guises. How love influences the world, what lack of love does, and how to find love, how to handle it, cultivate it, and what not to do with it.

Understanding of all these things. It's not a man-made law, it's an order of nature. Your book is written by man, who still haven't mastered love. Love is a natural thing, and we will learn it naturally. Not to get into heaven, and not in the name of Jesus, and not even so we can find God. I want to find understand love and the universe because they are both beautiful.

And because your faith doesn't teach love. It teaches divisiveness. For every one person who accepts the "gift", there are three more who are "damned". That's unconditional love, I guess. Right. Okay.

You're a hypocrite, and so is your deity.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 05:16 PM
link   
reply to post by jhill76

Implied? No.

- If a person finds the Lord by searching on the internet.
- If a person finds the Lord via church
- If a person finds the Lord via reading bible based books
- If a person finds the Lord via a homeless mans testimony.

All I see here is LORD LORD LORD. Is there nothing else? No, don't answer that. I know what you'll say, because it's all you've been saying.

So your way is not the only way then, eh? Okay, let's get rid of LORD completely. And just find "humanity". Compassion. Love. Sharing. All that good stuff.

And all without the LORD.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 05:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Deetermined

What "details" are not accurate in the Bible.

Jesus died on a pole not a cross.
The story of Job is a lesson, not an actual event.
Paul gives an account of him being taken above, but in different translations it says he once knew a man, then others it says I was taken.
Details like that, but it does not damage the overall message.

Why does the world not end the way it is outlined in the book of Revelation?

I never said it didn't, you are drawing conclusions again, I don't see how you keep doing that. I am talking about past the New Earth, that is not mentioned.

Instead of drawing conclusions, why don't you just ask? You didn't just ask above, you already formed your conclusion by the way your question is formed.
edit on 23-7-2012 by jhill76 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Just as there is more than one way to look at a tree, there is more than one way to find love. Because that's what spirituality is: love in all its guises. How love influences the world, what lack of love does, and how to find love, how to handle it, cultivate it, and what not to do with it.

I never said I disagreed. Your formed this opinion on me.

Your book is written by man

I know this to be true, why do you feel I think otherwise?

Love is a natural thing, and we will learn it naturally.

Again, I agree.

And because your faith doesn't teach love. It teaches divisiveness. For every one person who accepts the "gift", there are three more who are "damned". That's unconditional love, I guess. Right. Okay.

You are grouping me into a category of others. I never stated any of this.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by NihilistSanta
reply to post by MamaJ

But, for some, they are just fine living all their years in church following a mans word as to what each verse means. At least they are there and not beating on their wife or out at a bar.. Could be worse. Lol

This is why I quoted Jeremiah. You rationalize goodness with non-violence. Yes it can be a lot worse but you don't realize that these ideas are not what God wants but what you want God to be. You say well "at least they are not beating on their wife" but you dont realize the harm your own ways cause. You are exalting mans ideas over Gods. You are following your heart instead of following the lord. An abortion doctor is following his heart also. Its when your heart aligns with Gods will which he has given to us through the Bible then your heart is worth listening to.

Honey! Seriously? Stop!

Non violence is good, is it not?

What do you think I want God to be?

Do you not think I KNOW some of my ways harm me? Really? Speaking of.... What DO I DO that is harmful?

Following my heart? My heart is filled with love and this is who God is if you were to confine him, is it not? Jesus said it is!

I cant judge an abortion dr as im not one, but like yoi I can assume. I actually assume the dr is not being lead with his heart.... Lol... I would say he is lead by money!

Now, let me ask you something.... How many people wrote the bible and from where did the text come from to compile it and who compiled it? Let me know when you know.

Also, god does not tell me his word is only in the bible. God is everywhere.....

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 05:34 PM
link   
reply to post by jhill76

I never said it didn't, you are drawing conclusions again, I don't see how you keep doing that. I am talking about past the New Earth, that is not mentioned.

Well, thank you for clearing that up.

If you had stated that before, or if you had even answered my question before (because I did ask it earlier), then there wouldn't have been any misunderstanding.

I won't go into the details as to why I thought you claimed that Revelation ended differently than what's in the Bible because that will become a whole other issue, obviously.

I know you get frustrated because you think everyone's jumping to conclusions about what you have said in the past, but the truth is, you're very clever with words and the way you come back and answer people's questions when they don't understand makes it appear like you're trying to create more confusion than providing answers.

Just a word of advice, if you'd stop asking a question to answer a question, you'd eliminate some confusion for everyone. Get straight to the answer and stop asking, "where did you get that idea", "where did I say that"? Just answer the questions to the best of your ability.

Thank you.

new topics

top topics

<< 37  38  39    41  42  43 >>

join