It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Jesus the only way to God?

page: 39
<< 36  37  38    40  41  42 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 04:30 PM
link   
reply to post by NihilistSanta

Jeremiah 17:9 The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked: who can know it?

Ah, yes. So that's how Christianity came about.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 04:33 PM
link   
reply to post by wildtimes

Our schools here in Wilson County, TN. Require the eighth graders to read hunger games. Its a requirement so my son read it, then became addicted to ancient history! Lol

He has read all of Percy Jackson's books and has a goal of becoming an archaeoastronomer ( sp ? ) one day.

Like me hs is very spiritual and a deep thinker while my daughter is not. She could care less about anything other than her social life. Ha! Hopefully that changes...

I think its good to read about ancient history, folklore, and anything pertaining to mythical gods, creatures, and the like. It helps to open the mind and free ones self of the bondage our up bringing had on us.

In my opinion there are many ways to be one with our creator.... The heart knows there is more... We all know there is more to this existence. We know where we live and how it would be no surprise to find out there are other life forms right before our very eyes, yet unseeen! The veil surrounds each and everyone of us and until its lifted, we will just continue to bicker over who has the right God and who is secretly worshiping the devil lol.... Its insane!

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 04:36 PM
link   
reply to post by MamaJ

The veil surrounds each and everyone of us and until its lifted, we will just continue to bicker over who has the right God and who is secretly worshiping the devil lol.... Its insane!

I agree. It seems as though the ones who have a dead set view, will try to say their perceived view is the only way. Father is the only one who can judge your heart, not any others here.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Since we are delving into contemporary fiction lets remember this as well.

Luke 16:15 And he said unto them, Ye are they which justify yourselves before men; but God knoweth your hearts: for that which is highly esteemed among men is abomination in the sight of God.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by jhill76

It seems as though the ones who have a dead set view, will try to say their perceived view is the only way.

Father is the only one who can judge your heart, not any others here.

Anyone else see what just happened here? ^

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Luke 16:15 And he said unto them, Ye are they which justify yourselves before men; but God knoweth your hearts: for that which is highly esteemed among men is abomination in the sight of God.

but God knoweth your hearts. Many on here, will speak for God and say where said person heart is.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by jhill76

I agree. It seems as though the ones who have a dead set view, will try to say their perceived view is the only way. Father is the only one who can judge your heart, not any others here.

Let's not forget, JHill, that it was you who confirmed that all will come to know that Jesus Christ is Lord.

So, JHill, how does God bring everyone together to make this final determination?

At Jesus' second coming? On judgement day?
edit on 23-7-2012 by Deetermined because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 04:42 PM
link   
I believe that all will come to the Father thru Jesus in time, but some will need to go to the Father thru Jesus and the Lake of Fire.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity
reply to post by jhill76

It seems as though the ones who have a dead set view, will try to say their perceived view is the only way.

I do not understand. Those line items are two separate ideals.

Christians, Muslims, etc. will say their view is the only way. Father as in God, can be the only one to judge your heart. They do not even go together, what are you getting at?

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Deetermined

Let's not forget, JHill, that it was you who confirmed that all will come to know that Jesus Christ is Lord.

Yes, I am speaking on the details, not the overall understanding. Like stupid girls and your agreement on how angels should be working down here.

So, JHill, how does God bring everyone together to make this final determination?

In each persons own individual way.

At Jesus' second coming? On judgement day?

As I said before, the final end, not the one spoken of in Revelations.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lazarus Short
I believe that all will come to the Father thru Jesus in time, but some will need to go to the Father thru Jesus and the Lake of Fire.

This is the ultimate end I am speaking of, Deetermined.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 04:48 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

Hahahaha.... Isnt it funny how the majority of christians really and truly do not know what they are contributing to when they place them selves with the label of religion?

If one is happy and content following something with a blind fold on.. Fine. Be happy! Go for it and good luck, I would tell them. It just was not the case for me.

Am I a Christian? No. Do I love the teacher I have invested time and communication with? Yes, I love Jesus! Love him with all my heart! Is he real? He is to me! I talk to him all the time and seem to get answers when I least expect them unless they come in dreams... Which is also unexpected unless Ive asked something before going to sleep. No harm and Im happy... So be it.

My story if told would make my journey understandable whereas I had to leave the church to find Gods true identity not found in the bible, other than God is love.

Once one studies how their religion sprang up, it paints a different picture. It did for me and this is why I call myself a seeker of truth. It sounds better, makes me feel better, and makes me feel like I dont need to be around people that have no idea what they are repeating when in fact, its all hand me downs from other religions. There is sooooo much more to spirituality when you open yourself up for it. Sooooo much more reading to be done that didnt make the cut into the Bible. Soooo much more!

But, for some, they are just fine living all their years in church following a mans word as to what each verse means. At least they are there and not beating on their wife or out at a bar.. Could be worse. Lol

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by jhill76

Yes, I am speaking on the details, not the overall understanding. Like stupid girls and your agreement on how angels should be working down here.

Speaking of which, why haven't you addressed Stupid Girl's questions on this matter in your "the nature of God" thread?

For that matter, why haven't you answered the other person in your thread about explaining what God's mercy is?

I'll be keeping an eye on it for your replies.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 04:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Deetermined

I surely will, gathering information so I can paint a picture.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lazarus Short

As of now, I hold the same belief. Actually, to go deeper I think the energy just goes where its balanced to be. If the energy ends up in the lake of fire though, call on Jesus is all I can say!

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 04:54 PM
link   
reply to post by MamaJ

But, for some, they are just fine living all their years in church following a mans word as to what each verse means. At least they are there and not beating on their wife or out at a bar.. Could be worse. Lol

This is why I quoted Jeremiah. You rationalize goodness with non-violence. Yes it can be a lot worse but you don't realize that these ideas are not what God wants but what you want God to be. You say well "at least they are not beating on their wife" but you dont realize the harm your own ways cause. You are exalting mans ideas over Gods. You are following your heart instead of following the lord. An abortion doctor is following his heart also. Its when your heart aligns with Gods will which he has given to us through the Bible then your heart is worth listening to.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Its when your heart aligns with Gods will which he has given to us through the Bible then your heart is worth listening to.

Is it not possible to have his will instilled in you via his spirit, without going to the bible to try and find his will?

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 04:57 PM
link   
reply to post by jhill76

Wasn't it you that just posted about people thinking only their way was right? From what I can tell, it's you posting, not God. Therefore, it's you who thinks only your way is right.

Funny how things get switched up in Christianity, isn't it?
edit on 23-7-2012 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 04:59 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

Wasn't it you that just posted about people thinking only their way was right?

Can you quote me saying this?

From what I can tell, it's you posting, not God. Therefore, it's you who thinks only your way is right.

No way is right or wrong, I never said which way is the right way. All will know whom the Lord is one way or another.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 05:01 PM
link   
reply to post by jhill76

Originally posted by jhill76

Originally posted by AfterInfinity
reply to post by jhill76

I do not understand. Those line items are two separate ideals.

Christians, Muslims, etc. will say their view is the only way. Father as in God, can be the only one to judge your heart. They do not even go together, what are you getting at?

I was demonstrating how you were lamenting those who think only their way is right. Then you proceeded to absolutely proclaim that only your belief was correct. In fact, even in questioning my meaning, you've continued to display the sort of arrogance that you denounced.

In other words, you're a hypocrite. Is that clear enough?

top topics

<< 36  37  38    40  41  42 >>

join