It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Jesus the only way to God?

page: 38
<< 35  36  37    39  40  41 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Deetermined

Your thoughts on spirituality are put in your head by other people. Same difference, really.

Oh, and that spirits stuff is nonsense. You'll say anything to keep up your illusion. Like I said, huamnkind is no longer the smartest species on the planet.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

Let me ask you another question, AfterInfinity.

Do you really think that man is the one who brought the level of science that we know today into fruition on it's own?

Do you really think that human minds were capable of coming up with as much information as we have by ourselves?

No, everything you're seeing in the way and form of advancement was given to us by others. How else do you think it advanced so quickly? Why so much now? Why wasn't all of this information and technology given to man a long time ago? What changed in man's minds so rapidly??!!

Something to ponder.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Do you really think that man is the one who brought the level of science that we know today into fruition on it's own?

What I think, doesn't matter. If all that mattered was what we thought, the world would be a lot different today. And I don't mean "different" as in "better".

Do you really think that human minds were capable of coming up with as much information as we have by ourselves?

The human mind can fabricate many varieties of fantastic things. Just because they can't be disproven, doesn't make them real.

No, everything you're seeing in the way and form of advancement was given to us by others. How else do you think it advanced so quickly? Why so much now? Why wasn't all of this information and technology given to man a long time ago? What changed in man's minds so rapidly??!!

We did a lot of it ourselves. The rest came from ET's. If you're about to give "God" all the credit, you're nuts.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 12:50 PM
link   

So, how did ET's get their knowledge?

See how this works?

It all comes from one true God. The only one capable of creating all of these things and beings.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 12:53 PM
link   

So, how did ET's get their knowledge?

Generally, they're smarter than we are. Not that hard to do, really.

It all comes from one true God. The only one capable of creating all of these things and beings.

Well, gee, look at you. Making assumptions at the speed of light. Do tell me that's your intelligent, INFORMED side peeking through.

edit on 23-7-2012 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Why? Is there any information that you've come across that leads you to believe anything other than the fact that the universe and everything in it works together in perfect harmony?

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 01:11 PM
link   

That's not what I'm contesting. I'm challenging your belief that we humans can know anything about "God" or what it wants.
edit on 23-7-2012 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 01:29 PM
link   

If you as a human weren't capable of understanding even a piece of it, you wouldn't have the ability to ask questions about it. We were never meant to understand everything, but we are expected to ask questions and try to come to a certain level of understanding.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by wildtimes

Read 'The Hunger Games' by Suzanne Collins

This part of Themes

.... punishment” for a failed uprising against the Capitol many years earlier –
reminds me of the Brown Coats in the short-lived TV series, Firefly.
edit on 23-7-2012 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Yes, it is.

Unfortunately, it is not nurtured or recognized by many, due to neglect and misunderstanding of Jesus' message.
Like the old idea of "beating the devil" out of children.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 02:40 PM
link   

God is obviously not human, so why do we talk about it as though it were a man? Why not a woman? Why anything related to human adjectives?

This alone says that we don't know s**t about God.
Speak for yourself on that one. I don't know if everyone else shares you opinion. I'm sure a lot of people think they know God very well, so it is partially out of respect for those people that we should address God in a respectful manner.
I would also suggest dropping the profanity when discussing God for the sake of public decorum.
The female god-like divinity I see as more a fundamental behind the mere mention of God as a person.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Spirituality is spirituality.

You've either experienced it, or you haven't.

You don't have to understand it in it's entirety to have experienced it.
Then I would say, given your conditions, that we all have experienced spirituality. We are naturally spiritual creatures.
Now that does not mean we have experienced being God, as we can not contain God. That is why we have an intermediary to take what is God and redefine a part of that to the Christ Spirit that he can share with us.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by jmdewey60

In order to redefine, you must understand what the definition first was. None of us had done that yet.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Ma'am, I have experienced it.

You said:
"By the way, I don't need to read young adult books to know where we are headed or how to resolve the world's problems."
Which, because you refuse to look beyond your Bible, makes you a coward. By the way, you should open your mind.

EDIT: And, if you "know where we are headed [and] how to resolve the world's problems", why are you not doing it?
*cough* Cowardice *cough*

Read the recommended books, I promise you won't drop dead!

edit on 23-7-2012 by wildtimes because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by wildtimes

Ma'am, I have experienced it.

You said:
By the way, I don't need to read young adult books to know where we are headed or how to resolve the world's problems.
Which, because you refuse to look beyond your Bible, makes you a coward. By the way, you should open your mind.

I have to disagree with your opinion of coward. Is it cowardly to stand for your beliefs? Open mindedness is helpful but don't open it so far that the only thing to fill the vacuum is conjecture.

I would venture you are the coward because you so easily rejected truth in order to fuel your fantasies to be more in line with your will and most likely in opposition to the lords.
edit on 23-7-2012 by NihilistSanta because: quote mangled

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by NihilistSanta

I would venture you are the coward because you so easily rejected truth in order to fuel your fantasies to be more in line with your will and most likely in opposition to the lords.

You'd lose that "venture".

I don't reject truth.

I seek (and demand) it. The Bible is not it. The Bible is not truth.

You could not possibly be more wrong about me. But that is because you have retarded your own growth by looking no further than a fluffy "catch-all" happy fantasy..

I have not stopped growing. But, carry on............

EDIT:
Challenge to you too, Santa, equally to Dee....
read those three books, and get back to me! I swear to GOD you won't sprout tentacles, be struck by lightning, have the plague, frogs raining on you, or anything else unpleasant!! (If there is, it's all in your head).....
What harm can it do? To open your thinking up just a teensy-weensy bit??

Tell me!! What harm can it do?

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 04:11 PM
link   

You could not possibly be more wrong about me. But that is because you have retarded your own growth by looking no further than a fluffy "catch-all" happy fantasy..

The Bible may not be truth to you, but that doesn't mean it isn't truth.

Wildtimes, I think your growth is going to be stunted until you learn to forgive and let go of all the "Christians" who you feel wronged you in your past.

Until you learn to forgive, you're not going to receive much understanding.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Are you attempting to shift the focus by laying the blame on someone else? By attempting to discredit?

Oldest trick in the book. I'm surprised you even hold a GED with that kind of intellect.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by wildtimes
reply to post by NihilistSanta

You'd lose that "venture".

I don't reject truth.

I have not stopped growing. But, carry on............

EDIT:
Challenge to you too, Santa, equally to Dee....
read those three books, and get back to me! I swear to GOD you won't sprout tentacles, be struck by lightning, have the plague, frogs raining on you, or anything else unpleasant!! (If there is, it's all in your head).....
What harm can it do? To open your thinking up just a teensy-weensy bit??

Tell me!! What harm can it do?

I have not stopped growing either but my growth is in trying to be kinder to others as opposed to attempting hoard as much spiritual fantasy as I can to find an alternative to Gods ways.

I do not condone censorship I believe people are free to do as they please however your so called open mindedness can be harmful. My own experience tells me this. I was an atheist for 10 years that process began when I decided to keep an open mind about things. I dabbled with Buddhist thought for about 3 years and realized that true Buddhism is eventually nihilism. Short jump from that to atheism or materialism. In the end when you remove God through conjecture you are left with only that which can be observed in the material world. Remove the morals it becomes might makes right. If you rationalize with someone else's philosophy and I mean those not to have been inspired by the lord then you end up on a slippery slope. I always think of Nietzsche's abyss when I think of this black hole of conjecture being looked into.

Jeremiah 17:9 The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked: who can know it?

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 04:22 PM
link   

If I'm shifting focus, it's only to get Wildtimes to shift focus.

As humans, one of our greatest hindrances is lack of forgiveness, which leads to bitterness, resentment and hostility.
edit on 23-7-2012 by Deetermined because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 35  36  37    39  40  41 >>

join