It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm In the Hospital with a New Diagnosis: It’s my death sentence in a world where survival is my

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 09:23 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 09:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Starwise

I am sorry you have been baraged by so many trials. I can only imagine how desperate the times must seem.

Here is what you have to remember. MS is no longer a death sentence. Most people diagnosed live long lives with controlable symptoms. Treatments, however unpleasant, to seem to work well for many. Thankfully you got a diagnosis in time.

When you are back on your feet again, and you will be, take stock of the things that you can still do. Do not dwell on things lost to you, either for good or temporarily. Don't waste your precious energy on them. If the time comes that you see those things are again within your grasp then put them back on the list. Your job now is to heal. It sounds as though you have a good support system to help you along, in that you are blessed.

You are in my prayers.

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 09:40 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 09:49 AM
link   
I am sorry for you and I feel for you and wish you all the best. I must say one thing though...why praise god and not those wonderful doctors and nurses who have been treating you?? By your reasoning...god did this to you! Just saying!

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Following an earlier post by Kalamatas (page6) on Low Dose Naltrexone Therapy which I think is very promising, I have a book on case studies which you may find helpful and encouraging. I'm not too sure on how to post it here, but if you are interested, send a U2U with your email address and I'll upload it to you. Best of regards!

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 09:58 AM
link   
lol ok I will stay on topic.. may the disease you have burn up and disentegrate..may white blood cells cure you of your disease

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 09:59 AM
link   
maybe, maybe.....
hier could be an answer.....
healthnews.benabraham.com...

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 10:09 AM
link   
Try black seed oil

Hazrat Abu Hurairah States – “I have heard from Rasool Allah (Pbuh) that there is cure for every disease in black seeds except death and black seeds are shooneez.” Salim Bin Abdullah narrates with reference to his father Hazrat Abdullah Bin Omar that Rasool Allah (Pbuh) said, “Let fall these black seeds upon you, these contain cure for all diseases except death.” The same narration is found in Sanad-e-Ahmed from Hazrat Aisha (t) and in Ibn-al-Jozi and Trimizi from Abu Huraira. Hazrat Buraida narrates that Prophet Muhammad (Pbuh) stated – “Shooneez is cure for all ailments except death.”

Good Luck

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 10:17 AM
link   
I have MS too, it felt like a death sentence at first, which doesn't help with what it does to your brain (depression). But I changed my diet and haven't had a single problem since September of last year. I don't want to inject myself with the drugs that doctors push onto patients, hell the majority of them have side-effects, a healthy diet has none. Every time I miss eating something I cut out I remember not being able to write my name, or walk, or see clearly and my sadness turns to appreciation.

Diet has been my answer, I hope you find yours as well.

Edit to add: This book (The MS Recovery Diet) was where I started, thanks to my wife. No, I didn't write it or make any money off of it. Wahls' video was great as well but the paleolithic was too far for me personally, but it's highly recommended as well.
edit on 15-7-2012 by TylerKing because: An addition

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 10:21 AM
link   
I'm sending all my positive thoughts and prayers of well being to you. You will get through this. Gather every ounce of strength and willpower you have and fight as hard as you can! Do your mourning but, don't let it overcome you. Godspeed!

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Just said a prayer for you.....

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Oh my heart is just breaking for you. I am here for you if in no other way than Spiritually. Love and much light surrounds you, hang in there and remember why you have blessed this earth with your presence.

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Starwise
Just reading all of your comments and replies so far have made the tears roll. Thank You from the bottom depths of my Heart and Soul!

I would love to hear about anyone elses experiences or knowledgeable treatments. I am learning these things now.
I had not heard of hook worms for treatment....

Im sure the next few weeks will be all about finding as much info and support groups I can...

All the other mundane things in the world right now just dont seem to matter too much to me anymore....

It is not a death sentence, although it may seem like one. Most people with MS live long lives, only a small portion get the very rare form which causes complications and is considered possibly terminal. There are four levels of MS, but most people tend to be Relapsing-Remitting for many years before it changes, if it ever does. You won't always feel awful, although it may seem that way. Symptoms come and go. Word to the wise, try not to be in the heat too much, it can make symptoms worsen or give you a psuedo-relapse. I had been in the process of an MS Dx for over four years, as not everyone gets diagnosed right away, despite their symptoms. There are various treatments but most require shots daily, weekly, etc. These are disease modifying drugs and most have side effects. An intense relapse can require hospitalization and IV steroid treatment. There are alternative treatments available too, such as targeting each symptom separately, keeping your vitamin D levels in tact can help as well. Even special diets help, don't even for a second think you are dying, despite what the media keeps saying. Live your life and live it well. Times will be hard, believe me, but if you are a strong person, you will triumpth though. By the way, if you have a facebook, I can send you an invite to join a private group where everyone has MS or CIS( Clinically isolated syndrome aka Probable MS) See it as a support group, if you may. Everyone helps everyone and a lot of people feel very close to each other after it. Just don't give up on yourself, no matter what.
edit on (7/15/1212 by hachiban08 because: forgot to add something

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 10:37 AM
link   
For christ sakes woman, you got MS, not cancer...MS is on the brink of being cured first off, it is highly treatable, is not fatal, and the symptoms can be anywhere from almost nothing to fully paralyzed...but then the symptoms can go away.

Don't be getting all grumpy at fate..after all, it could be worse..you could be in Detroit

Its like an anxiety attack...when your experiencing a symptom...just know it will pass...granted, it may take hours/days/weeks/months before it fades away..but its never permanent. MS is a nasty disease, but comparatively, it is much better than many other things..and no, your not allowed to use this as an excuse to stop trying for stuff in life. My friend throughout school had MS..he had to wear a leg brace actually..it didn't slow him down though (no pun intended). And ya, he is still alive today, 25 years later, and doing just fine.

So you had your tears..you probably get all misty eyed when you notice a new wrinkle or gray hair though...yep, enough of that..back on the horse..yyour only as depressed as you want to be for this stuff, because if you do as your doctor says, your life will be only better now for diagnosing what you -always had- to begin with.

Positive attitudes also are good to have while conquoring any illness...

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 10:39 AM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

I completely agree with you, SaturnFX. I have MS and I fully agree. Negative or worrisome thinking won't make her better, if anything stress causes more exacerbation, and sometimes worse. So she needs to sit back, think everything through clearly and calmly and go on with life.

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 10:43 AM
link   
May you be healed by a miracle. May the positive thoughts and prayers of the wonderful people here, give you strength, to overcome.

May you be blessed. Stay strong when fear tries to over power your will. Don't let the negative things life can throw at us keep you down, but be determined to win, in this struggle, we call life.

Prayers, and positive thoughts, sent your way.

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Sorry to hear of all your problems, I have to agree with people above, Excercise and a good diet works absolute wonders. I had IBS but once i changed my diet to incorporate more fibre it was sorted inside weeks.

As you get older the body can no longer burn the calories, additives and sugars that you used to so they must go into your organs, arteries and body.

Put what you eat into a web based diet journal like myfitnesspal.com you will be surprised how many ingredients your daily intake is missing.

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 11:24 AM
link   
I am so sorry for you and your family, I will put you in my prayers every day. God Bless you!

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 11:54 AM
link   
I don't post very often but I would like to chime in on this and say that I am sorry your having such a hard time, my prayers go out to you and your family.

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Very sorry to hear about your misfortunes; don't give up hope. I have a very dear friend who was diagnosed with MS two years ago after she developed severe health problems. She looked into the CCSVI treatment pioneered by Dr. Paolo Zamboni...a man who treated his own wife after noticing that MS patients suffer blockages of the main arteries leading into the brain.

My friend had to go to Bulgaria for the treatment, since American doctors don't recognize the procedure. The treatment was a success; they used balloons to open the arteries, similar to an angioplasty. A year later she is doing very well, active and healthy.

Here are some links to get you started:

Paolo Zamboni
Info page on CCSVI

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join