It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm In the Hospital with a New Diagnosis: It’s my death sentence in a world where survival is my

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 01:52 AM
link   
You might be interested in this link...there are a few positive alternative therapies
out there.

www.u-ok.net...

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 02:05 AM
link   
There was a great Ted Talk about MS recently...

www.youtube.com...

Also, I've heard adding selenium to the diet is one of the best things you can do for MS. Brazil nuts are an insanely rich source (one single nut has about 130% of the RDA).

All the best. Don't give up!

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 02:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Starwise
My spinal fluid has confirmed: I HAVE MULTIPLE SCLEROSIS……….There I said it, out loud for the world to hear and read……

Yes this is terrible news and I do feel for you. Your body has reached breaking point and is now turning in on itself.

The GOOD NEWS is that all of your suffering, current and future, is totally unnecessary and you have the power to stop it starting right now. You might not have the knowledge but it is available to you for only a small investment of your time.

If you continue putting yourself in the hands of doctors, you can guarantee that they will MANAGE your illness for the rest of your life at considerable cost to yourself and your family, even if you never have to pay a penny for any of the medicines and treatments. You may experience long periods of remission followed by short bouts of symptoms or follow a faster progression to find yourself wheelchair bound or worse. There are no medical cures for this disease. You might find relief in the many medicines used to manage the disease but eventually you will suffer side effects from the drugs for which you will be prescribed more drugs with more side effects. The farther you go into that hellhole, the harder it is to escape from it.

Back to the GOOD NEWS. You can probably arrest your disease and even start reversing it today by making some very easy changes to your lifestyle but that would require making changes based on trusting someone else's BS (belief system!) which I don't recommend. I do recommend educating yourself on the CAUSES OF HEALTH and then making changes based on what you know is right.

Positive steps you could take include completely abstaining from consumption of one or more of the following: alcoholic drinks, table salt and high-salt foods, processed and tinned foods including soft drinks, tobacco, drugs (prescribed, over-the-counter, or recreational), high-fat foods including meats, dairy and anything cooked in oil of any sort, grain-based foods, processed sugar, coffee, tea, chocolate and other caffeine products. Even if you just cut out (or just cut down on) one or two items from that list, you could make a significant start to improving your state of health.

Positive steps also include getting more fresh air, drinking plenty of pure water, getting adequate exposure to sunshine, a reasonable amount of exercise, rest, relaxation and sleep, reducing your stress levels, and eating more living foods (fruits, vegetables, nuts, seeds) in their natural, organic, uncooked state.

WHY would you want to even consider any of these changes? Because every one of them affects how well your body operates. The first list contains items that are difficult for the body to process or are actually poisonous to the body requiring a great effort on its part to protect itself from them and to eliminate them before they do serious damage. Some people get away with challenging their bodies for a century or more and others succumb after a relatively short life but that just shows how durable or frail the human body can be depending on how good a start you had (genetics/inheritence).

The second list are some of the factors that promote health. Every living organism on the planet is self-generating, self-maintaining and self-healing (regardless of Who you believe created it) and the human organism is no exception. It strives for perfect health at every moment and when given the right conditions, it will do everything in its power to achieve ultimate health. All you have to do is get out of its way and leave it intelligently alone to do what only it can - heal itself.

If you really want to REGAIN YOUR HEALTH, start learning what health is. Take a moment to read Nora Lenz's article entitled The Rawschool Philosophy as a starter. I can point you to reams of free literature on the subject but for someone who's already reached breaking point, it is probably best to have professional guidance.

I'm not a professional nor do I have anything to sell or profit from by providing this information. The only advice that I give you is to educate yourself and then make decisions that will be crucial to your future health.

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 02:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Starwise

I'm so sorry to hear about your diagnosis. One of my best friends was diagnosed with MS about 20 years ago. She has faithfully attended yoga classes every week, sometimes taking up to three classes per week, since the first year of her diagnosis. I'm happy to report that she's still walking, fully functional, working at her job, and enjoying life. She also looks much younger for her age because of the yoga. Her diagnosis has had a positive effect on her life in spite of the fact that she lives with MS. She is very protective of her self care, and eats healthy food, goes to bed at a regular time, etc. This is all part of her self-care routine now.

The first few years were rocky for her, but it's almost as if I forget she has MS whenever I see her, because she has no striking symptoms of problems with mobility.

I'm sharing this story because I hope it gives you a ray of hope during this dark period. My prayers go out to you that you will find healing, comfort, and hope in the days to come.

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 02:36 AM
link   
I can't imagine what your going through buddy, but one thing is absolutely necessary. Stay positive and be strong. You are stronger than you could possibly imagine. Your mind controls all and you control your mind, stay positive and never give up hope.

Peace my friend

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 02:43 AM
link   
At the start of March this year, just before the birth of our daughter, I too was diagnosed with MS.
That day was probably one of my lowest days, however I enver thought about death, dying, disability, disease progression or anything negative nor dramatic.
Under the realisation that I already had a young son and would soon have a daughter, that my wife and I loved each other and life is worth thinking positively about, I set out to find out as much as I could.

Meanwhile, my wife had started doing the same.

Long story short - I ended up at www.overcomingmultiplesclerosis.com

It's free to sign up.

The website owner/book Author is Professor Jelenik - his mother was diagnosed with MS and then in 1990, so was he.
His approach, (very basically) is similar to the diet advocated by Dr Swank.
Less than 15g/day saturated fats.
NO dairy (no milk products that have come from an animal...) Do NOT substitute for semi or skimmed - just quit it.
Take Rice milk or Oat milk or, my favourite, Soy milk instead.

He says zero red meats - this is because it's so difficult to judge quantities of saturated fats.

Anyway, also to supplement with fish oils (omega three) and to ensure you get your Vitamin D3 levels nice and high.
Since the human body can manufacture 10,000IU (International Units) per day, the max recommended dose of around 400IU is rather ridiculous. I am taking around 30kIU/day.

Also B12 and chelated Magnesium.
The soy milk I have is slightly enhanced with calcium.

Pretty much, that's it. Try to avoid stress, think/feel positive and if you have the time, meditate.

Feel free to read through my own blog about my experience too - it's due an update but I am waiting on a new appointment for a follow-up MRI.

gfodenmsblog.blogspot.com.es...

Peace and Strength.

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 02:58 AM
link   
Starwise..your unwise..I now know why you laid this little trap. People .Don't give the op any more of your time and energy..Its a trap!

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 03:00 AM
link   
Starunwise was just disposed off.. People.. whenever you see an op start something negative like this its a trap!!Energy trap! Do not give anyone your time or energy who is like this!! let them be there own demise!!!!!!!!!

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 03:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by skyfireautobot
Starunwise was just disposed off.. People.. whenever you see an op start something negative like this its a trap!!Energy trap! Do not give anyone your time or energy who is like this!! let them be there own demise!!!!!!!!!

skyfireautobot, please elaborate on why you're suspicious and what you think the OP's objective is?

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 04:43 AM
link   
reply to post by skyfireautobot

It seems your post is filled with more negativity than the OP.
If you feel you are not energetically up to provide your good energy as a source to help people then you chose wisely to let OP be. But you know that some of the positive postings that followed on here might serve to help others with this particular illness. All things have a reason - be concerned with the energy you put out because it is the only thing you can truly be responsible for.

We all have the potential to be agents at one turn or another. Right now it seems you are an agent of negativity in this thread. What ever the intent behind your replies the way they were put forward supplied no relevant information and gave no reasons for your concern. It only served to feed our imaginations with enough fuel to start it's own conspiracy of dark forces steeling our energy through forum posts.

Honestly whilst I do believe in many of the spiritual aspects of energy transfer I do feel that the over all turn of this particular thread is one of positivity support general good advice. What purpose did your posting serve?

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 05:05 AM
link   

I am sorry to hear your news,It reminded me of when I found out my younger sister was diagnosed with MS.
There is nothing anyone can say to console you over this. This will test your strength of will as well as your courage in years to come.
They may not have a cure yet but they are discovering new things all the time.
With the support of family and friends you'll learn to lead a normal life. My sister was diagnosed at 35 she is now
44 and still works and gets around. Also she had her first baby at 40, many people said she was selfish and that
she wouldn't be able to care for her in the latter stages.
Four years on she is still well and has quality of life. You have a husband and kids, look at the positives there.
I know she has her bad days but she is determined to see it through as you will as well for your families sake.
Peace

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 05:08 AM
link   

I am so sorry. I really am. I understand what you are going through. I have severe left brachial plexopathy, which causes me to always be in pain. Have to take pain meds constantly. My life changed completely because of this. Althought this is not a life threatening condition the constant pain, and not being able to do things that I used to be able to do is aggravating. I can't even swim, or explore national parks and old cities/states in the U.S. like I was able to before. Many times I just stay in bed because of the pain, so in that regards I know what you are going through.

For about two years I didn't want to admit that I was disabled, more so being so young. Even when the doctors were saying that it was chronic and it was a disability, in my mind there was always the hope that I would get back to normal, but once the truth sets in it feels like your whole life has ended.

Try, no matter what to stay as positive as possible. You should try acupuncture. When you are being prodded and as long as the needles are in place you might feel a lot of pain. I had to endure a lot of pain for about 20 minutes. I felt somewhat relieved of the worse pain after about an hour or so after leaving the acupunture's office.

For half a day the worse pain was mitigated, althou I still can't use the left arm, and when doing some light exercises flexing it and such to get some movement brought the pain back. I am going to keep trying acupunture and see what happens.

Maybe you should try acupunture too.

Even with the pain you have to try to keep moving as much as possible your extremities, because if you won't it will get worse, because of the lessions your brain will keep sending calcium to your extremities, neck and back and if you don't move you will lose movement completely. I know the pain is bad but you have to do it every day.

Also, if you live in an area where the humidity is too high you might want to think to move to another place where the humidity is low, more so now that your house was torn down by the tornado. I am also sorry to hear that.

I do hope you do get better.

My best wishes are with you and your family.

edit on 15-7-2012 by ElectricUniverse because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 05:43 AM
link   

I really do feel bad for saying this...(even tho i shouldn't) but.... smoke some greenery son, that stuff keeps you young at heart at an old age and can relieve stress and so much more with zero harmful effects. i believe it helps any and all medical conditions. Peace and best of luck with your life mate, i hope this thread didn't offend you(because it shouldn't)

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 05:58 AM
link   

I am scared and even though I feel as though I have great support from my friends, nobody can ever really understand.

My life WILL NEVER BE THE SAME…………..I am in mourning……

edit on 14-7-2012 by Starwise because: (no reason given)

I empathize with you, and I know how frightening it is. I actually do understand entirely, as I went through the same thing sixteen years ago. I started off with what I thought was a virus - heavy fatigue, etc - and then one night I could not hold my toothbrush. By the next night I was an inpatient, receiving massive doses of solumedrol. I had four crises like that(spinal lesions and optic neuritis) from January through July of that year, and then things finally started quieting down a bit. I went through a few years of chemotherapy, which did not help, and a few treatments with IVIG, which was miraculous but gave me aseptic meningitis (I was sensitive to the preservative in it). I homeschooled my children through it all. Many people criticized that decision, saying that I should be putting my energy into "getting well", but I found that concentrating outside myself was the best way to fend off the brain fog and depression that came with it all. I knew I wasn't going to "get well" anyway. Sixteen years (and another child! the steroids unexpectedly caused an infertility problem to clear up, unbeknownst to me. as it happened, pregnancy caused temporary remission for me, although it came back two months post-partum) later, I function much higher than I did then. It's been mostly a matter of learning what triggers a flare-up, and avoiding those things. I've had to give up distance and marathon running and adjust to a MUCH higher body weight than I ever had before (the steroids play hell with the body), but I'm willing to do that if it means feeling productive and healthier. There ARE treatments available that can help a great deal. It's possible to stock up on most meds, although not narcotic pain relief. You will learn how it all works.

I understand your profound sense of loss and fear, and I know the sorts of things you're worrying about. This is a real world-rocking time for you. Perhaps it would help if you try not to worry too much about how you're going to live in a survival situation and, instead, just concentrate on the day to day right now. Please know that my thoughts are with you. I'm so sorry to hear that your home was in a tornado. I'm glad you came through that safely. Sometimes stress causes flare-ups; perhaps that's what got yours started. You are already a survivor; that's all you need to focus on right now while you're grieving. It will get easier as you learn about your new state of normal.
Peace!
oblivietto
edit on 7/15/2012 by oblivietto because: to clarify and add information

edit on 7/15/2012 by oblivietto because: by accident - changed nothing

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 05:59 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 05:59 AM
link   
Multiple Sclerosis: Magnesium, Selenium, Iodine and Mercury Connection

There is no disputing the fact that modern pharmaceutical medicine has not solved nor cured any of the modern chronic disease plagues that are morphing out of control into pandemics. What is going on in the areas of cancer, diabetes, heart disease, strokes and neurological disease is painting a horrific image of the failure of contemporary medicine, which seems unable to learn anything about what will make a difference for their patients. They are good to go with words of promise but they don't deliver and things are only getting worse in terms of public health.

It is difficult to treat any disease today without paying attention to the profound magnesium deficiencies that exist in nearly 100 percent of sufferers of chronic disease. We could easily say the same for bicarbonate and iodine, and when we pay attention to all three at the same time our work in helping people recover from their suffering and pain is greatly eased. This is especially true when it comes to neurological diseases.

The central nervous system is extremely sensitive and reacts to a combination of factors that allopathic doctors don't normally touch down on. Toxic exposures, nutritional deficiencies and emotional anguish converge most pointedly on the nervous system with often catastrophic results. As we will see below, one of the main disasters facing people today are wide ranging exposure to both mercury and aluminium; metals at the top of the list that cause neurological damage.

View more at the above link

Although it may be difficult to access computers in the hospital, please research more on your problem.

From a certain perspective, Magnesium, Selenium, Iodine may help more than your doctors allow under their big pharmaceutical training. Mercury chelation through things like Chlorella, Spirulina, and even Diatomaceous earth may help greatly, although again your physicians will want to feed you expensive pharmaceuticals with side effects. None of these things are necessarily any recommendation, but clues for more research. Hopefully you may find the right things to do to restore your health.

edit on Sun Jul 15 2012 by DontTreadOnMe because: IMPORTANT: Using Content From Other Websites on ATS

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 06:01 AM
link   

All my hopes and dreams of survival into a world where I can survive in a post apocalyptic world has faded
I feel as though I have been given a death sentence.

I started out last year here on ATS reading about all the latest conspiracies,started becoming a survival prep junkie. Preparing my family and kids for a possible global economic collapse
or whatever possible scenario occurs.

Are you not someone who has been preparing to survive what ever possible scenario may occur

then all ..I can say is get surviving.....this is simply a new survival challenge set before you

Personally I have seen miracles happen when people approach their illness as a challenge

get wise about your illness, go find the true possibilities of cure and peoples stories of remission.

research ..everything on this subject ...food to eat ,exercise, alternative treatment ..etc ..etc..

Be prepared to survive this new challenge .......don't think it..... Know it

be a survival inspiration to your children

sending lots of strength and wisdom and love too you

also a few quotes for you

It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. ...Charles Darwin

The greatest discovery of my generation is that a human being can alter his life by altering his attitudes. ~William James

We cannot direct the wind but we can adjust the sails. ~Author Unknown]

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 06:10 AM
link   

The only thing I can think of is to incorporate as much relaxation as is possible. This will keep your immune system calm. Not all MS patients have the same course, so you will have to accept that uncertainty. And that of course is also stressful, not knowing.

I would check herbs that stabilize the immune system:
suite101.com...

ANTI-INFLAMMATORY HERBS

More on this topic
Alternative Medicine in AD Natural Anti-Inflammatory Turmeric Other herbs known to reduce inflammation include ginger, turmeric, pokeroot, cleavers, devil's claw, licorice, autumn saffron, boswellin, curcumin, arnica, bromelain, German chamomile, licorice, white willow, witch hazel, and capsaicin.

PLANT CHEMICALS

Many plant chemicals are known to reduce inflammation, including the omega-3 essential oils, which can also be derived from marine sources. Other plant chemicals, which are also known as phytochemicals, that are known to reduce inflammation include carotenoids and catechins, which belong to the plant chemical family known as bioflavonoids/

I wish you good luck!

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 06:12 AM
link   

Starwise..your unwise..I now know why you laid this little trap. People .Don't give the op any more of your time and energy..Its a trap!

thank you for your concern though does it make any difference... who started this thread or for why

the information given freely in this thread... is for all those who may need it and because it is now here ...

just might find it ......!!!

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 07:24 AM
link   

fakeunwisestar was using this as a trap.. by getting all your sympathy...he was filling himself up with YOUR ENERGY let this be a lesson fellow autobots..anyone that is Negative and announces it..wants that attention for a reason!!!!!!!!!

Sending you all my energy and then some the universe has enough to provide for all of us you included

She/he can have my energy too, obviously someone who wants peoples energies are in deep need to receive... and some are able to provide. That is the balance....

Much love and light

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join