It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm In the Hospital with a New Diagnosis: It’s my death sentence in a world where survival is my

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 10:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Starwise

My wife's cousin was diagnosed with lesions on his brain about 7 years ago. He had some kind of stem cell infusion (I don't recall the name) and now he's ok. That may be something you can look into. I hope everything works out for you.
edit on 14-7-2012 by WeRpeons because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 10:40 PM
link   
I want to shout out to all the U2 I have received and read...THANK YOU!!! Hearing everyones stories is inspiring and helping me to cope.

Good news today, my drop foot has ceased and I can now move my left ankle after 3 weeks

Small steps are better than none right ?

My nurse told me tonight that I should be dancing again by next week

There ARE good people in the health field, I feel blessed to have good care right now. I honestly have no complaints of this hospital and staff.

And I have had 3 different neuro docs opinions and a team talk to me today about toxins, MSG and Aspartame, and Vit D. They are talking to me about swimming, yoga, tai chi and nutrition for my therapy.

I am quite excited about it!
Its been a long day, so now it time for some zzzzzzzzzzs
(((((((HUGS))))))))
edit on 14-7-2012 by Starwise because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 10:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Unity_99
reply to post by warriorsbond

Where do you get the frequency hz numbers from? For example how would you treat other conditions?

Ok I looked for Rife frequencies and found this:

altered-states.net...
edit on 14-7-2012 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

that is a pretty good site for the frequencies. I have a pdf and I dont remember where I got it. but the search I started on was this page

educate-yourself.org...

I found it. its a pdf its at top ish and left middle ish.

www.electroherbalism.com...

I mainly use the pdf frequencies. that was the one I used for my ebv and it was gone next day. Same with my athletes foot. That was trippy feeling it burn just from sound.
edit on 14-7-2012 by warriorsbond because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by OhZone
reply to post by warriorsbond

Are you playing these tones all at the same time?
I have been using the feature on Audacity to generate tones.
I have Bgwen, but haven't installed it.

Here is a Brainwave Frequency List:
www.lunarsight.com...
edit on 14-7-2012 by OhZone because: (no reason given)

no it says to play each one seperate. some you have to play for a cerain amount of min.

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 10:46 PM
link   
I hope you get better. I'm sorry to hear what's happening to you. I will pray that you get the wisdom and strength to heal yourself.

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 10:50 PM
link   
Made me cry

I've also been unwell with young children, it's very tough not knowing what's going to happen etc.

Please watch the below video about a doctor who cured herself of 'incurable' MS. It may help you.

www.youtube.com...

Love and strength to you xo

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 11:21 PM
link   
You have to watch this.

the_game_that_ can_give_you_10_extra_years_of_life

When game designer Jane McGonigal found herself bedridden and suicidal following a severe concussion, she had a fascinating idea for how to get better. She dove into the scientific research and created the healing game, SuperBetter. In this moving talk, McGonigal explains how a game can boost resilience -- and promises to add 7.5 minutes to your life.

www.superbetter.com...

SuperBetter helps you achieve your health goals — or recover from an illness or injury — by increasing your personal resilience. Resilience means staying curious, optimistic and motivated even in the face of the toughest challenges.

Wish you the best!

edit on 14-7-2012 by balon0 because: (no reason given)

edit on 14-7-2012 by balon0 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 11:30 PM
link   
Stay strong starwise, love & light to you!!!

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 11:32 PM
link   
My strength and love goes out to you Starwise, as I'm sure it does from everyone here on ATS. You are part of our family, and we love you and send out our strength to you.

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 11:32 PM
link   
"The Paradigm Shift in Healthcare" 2nd Edition. Read it..

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 11:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by green1
I hope you may find some answers & hopefully some real use with this link...

www.cancertutor.com...

Just a heads-up on the Cancer Tutor Website that green1 linked to above:

Webster Kehr and his site are highly recommended among many alternative practitioners from what I have read.

He mentions the Budwig Diet which I have read some good things about.

If anyone is interested in the Budwig Diet specifically, U2U me as I have spent some time researching this and have a list of excellent free resources on it.

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 11:47 PM
link   

You wouldn't have started prepping your family if you weren't a survivor, don't forget that. I wish you all the best.

And those telling you to think positive are right, it won't cure you, but it will make coping easier.

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 12:28 AM
link   
I haven't had any experience with MS. I'm not a doctor or a therapist of any kind. As I understand it MS is a disease in which the immune system starts to attack portions of the nervous system.

I have had many years experience of Buddhist meditation and also years of practicing circulating "chi" in the body in ways which are described by a person named Mantak Chia. His books are not hard to find.

As a result of these activities I have come to realize some interesting things about the body. The most important of these things is that the mind has a very big influence on some functions of the body that we normally think of as being automatic.

We are used to the idea that the mind can influence the body to wiggle its toes or extend an arm but we tend to think that only special people can control the automatic systems of the body mentally.

Sometimes we see a person with a perpetually furrowed brow, who seems to be wasting away and we know that the problem is mental or emotional and that if certain problems in the person's life were not present, that person's forehead would be clear of wrinkles, there would be a smile on the face and a healthy aspect would be present.

Sometimes emotional problems can put a permanent stoop in someone's back. Sometimes a person with a resilient positive personality can actually recover from serious illness, even having been written off by doctors.

It's a mistake in many situations to believe that the mind and its affirmations are irrelevant to physical illness.

When a yogi causes his heart and breathing to slow down or causes a wound to heal as if the skin were two pieces of velcro, we don't know precisely how this happens. All we know for sure is that the process starts with an act of will on the part of the yogi. The electro/chemical follow up to this act of will is a mystery. Scientists might be able to figure out the details of this, but the first step of this chain of causes and effects is an act of will.

There may be yogis who could subdue the activities of the immune system through a similar act of will. This type of disease, which appears to be an abnormality of the regulatory systems of the body seems to me to be the sort of thing that could possibly be influenced mentally.

We know that the brain has some capacity to rewire damaged parts of itself. We know that visual images can influence us physiologically. We can think of cells in the body as crews of workmen carrying out certain tasks. We can imagine the body as a big factory with all sorts of activities taking place, with different work crews working different shifts doing different things. We know that in the case of certain yogis, a foreman can give those crews unusual instructions and that those instructions will be carried out.

Here is a video of a man operating a machine that wraps a length of metal with tape. Wouldn't it be wonderful if a crew of worker cells in your body went to work every night wrapping your damaged nerves with myelin?

Images are important communicators in the mind.

Good luck. You will find a way. Never doubt it.

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 12:36 AM
link   

All you can do is stay positive. Stop crying and live your life, do not let it become you.
I know a 17 yr old boy who was set to die with cancer in most of his body.
He never cried, was always smiling and laughing. He went into remission and is now healthy.
I truly, 100% believe it was due to his attitude.
Buck up and and be happy with your family, and be happy they are healthy.
And best wishes.

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 12:40 AM
link   

suck it up and keep on living thats all i have to say about it

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 12:43 AM
link   
My prayers and thoughts are with you, i know actually how you are going through at the Hospital i wish you the best of health.

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 12:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Alternative4u
Hello, yes I feel for you, my own big sister has lived with MS since 1987, within 5 years she was confined to a wheel chair, but then she heard about a treatment some had tryed called Interferon, she ask her Doctor if she could try it, and they said a 1 month trial would begin because it was costly only 4 weeks, if nothing changed the drug would stop.
Well within 18 days of starting with this drug she was out of the wheel chair, and walking round town shops again.
I wonder if the drug is available to you?
Good luck, take care,
Dave

That's interesting because interferon is supposed to stop the progression (by about 30% over 3 years) not cure the illness or heal any damage that has already occurred so that it interesting. Which type of interferon did she receive? Interferon alpha or beta are from what I understand not miracle cures, although there are some medicines that are fairly new on the market which show some great results. I believe when we go for a treatment we have to chose what feels right for us. Half of it is believing that the medicine we take will work imo.

Here's a link to the MS Resource Center
www.msrc.co.uk...

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 12:50 AM
link   
reply to post by ipsedixit

Simply beautifully put.

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 01:34 AM
link   
Slow movement exercise with disipline, less anger or depression time. Avoid windy, cold, humid places when sleeping. And eat recommended food. slowly, MS eventually can be healed. Personally I would keep dogs at this time. MS is not necessarily untreatable. Some people show significant imporvement in merely 30 days.

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 01:35 AM
link   

Starwise, three years ago this summer when I was 37 I began to have neurological symptoms. I was an EMT, worked in the ER and I knew it could only be a few different things. An MRI confirmed what I never really thought could be real; I had brain lesions. At that point, I had sensations of virbation/electrical currents, in my hands, feet, left thigh, left arm and sometimes face. I would tire easily and had a hard time concentrating and soemtimes saying the right words. A week after the MRI I got opticneuritis and went on 1 gram/day IV steroids (probably similar to what they gave you). I later had a spinal tap that went very bad and led to two weeks of excrutiating headaches.

Anyways....while my symptoms are much milder than yours and I so far do not have any lesions on my spinal cord....I can relate. I've always been very active. At the time I was a EMT/FF, a tech in the ER, a support officer for the County, taught CPR in four different place and was raising two kids. It changed everything. I resisted. I tried to continue to work as many hours for almost a year. I finally had to admit that I couldn't handle the stress or the hours. For me, those are the two MAJOR factors for my symptoms being stirred up (sleep and stress).

I stopped volunteering as a firefighter, stopped responding as a support officer (lots of stress there) and scaled back my hours and CPR jobs. I went on a detox diet and lost over 30 lbs. THAT was huge for my health. I had always been fit but had put on weight those last couple of years after having first knee surgery and then shoulder surgery...which I think were the main catapults for the ms (I think that my mono infection was the vector some years before) My vitamin D was also bottomed out at 15, which again, I think was part of the special mix of goods that led to the lesions forming.

Three years later, I am now not working but homeschooling my daughter. I still teach CPR sometimes but other than that, I work on being a Mom and wife. I have found so much worth in that, I wonder how I ever did anything else.

You see, our life and its worth is what we make it. I have again found God and my place in this world. It wasn't how I had envisioned it and I still often struggle with my limitations (I have a lot of joint issues/arthritis). I have learned to not fear the future so much as to be thankful with what I can accomplish today. Some days it is more than others...and that's okay.

If you ever want to U2U me and talk, please don't hesitate. I'll be praying for you.
edit on 15-7-2012 by westcoast because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join