It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm In the Hospital with a New Diagnosis: It’s my death sentence in a world where survival is my

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by FreedomCommander
reply to post by Starwise

Your a nurse, right?

That means you can help yourself, right?

If I were to tell you to throw all the drugs you take out the window, you'll refuse.

If I were to tell you that you can have your body back to the way you want it to be, well, that is where the questions come in.

However, this is my opinion, nothing more and nothing less.

Thanks for your reply. Yes I work Medical Surgical Nursing as an RN. I DO NOT PUSH MEDS. I educate, if the patient continues to want them then that is them. Myself included, which the current meds given to me have relieved many symptoms, and trust me, when you start pooping on yourself and unable to pee, you will try anything! My situation was a medical emergency. I nearly ended up on a ventilator.

I am all for holistic nursing. I was beginning work for my BA in the American Holistic Nursing Association.
Life is about balance, and NOW, I am off on a quest to find my own

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 04:00 PM
link   

most awesome! thank you for the update. I am so happy.

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by sinner2012
There is a village in Ukraine called Hlyniany. There is a very old Christian church where a lots of miracles happened over many years. You need to go there, pray to Jesus Christ.
Link and info in ukrainian but I'm sure you can find translation
uk.wikipedia.org...
and nebo.at.ua...

Yes, save up all the money you have and fly to the Ukraine and pray for a miracle. Sounds like a good plan.

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Starwise

*******UPDATE*******

I was seen today by a Shaman/Healer
If you believe or don't believe in that power that is fine but, the mind/body and soul connection is such a powerful thing!!!!! I BELIEVE!

A Miracle in my mind has happened to me today!!!!

After an hour or more of energy shamanistic healing done by Christopher Penczak, an eclectic healer (who just so happened to be in town during a convention on Herbalism/Healing, I felt cleansed and made whole!!

I feel reconnected to my spirit, with all the negativity, fear, and pain removed!!!!

The doctors later did an exam and decided they are going to send me home with in home physical and occupational therapy instead of staying here for it!!

I still have a long way to go, but the doctors were right, I HAVE MADE PROGRESS and WILL CONTINUE!! They are tapering my meds now slowly over the next few weeks.

I don't know what exactly my future holds, but I do know one thing. The fear of dying and leaving my children WAS REAL!! BUT you are all correct. I AM NOT DYING!! I am ALIVE, I AM VIBRANT! I WILL SURVIVE!

I will continue to learn and go on my new path WITHOUT FEAR AND NEGATIVITY!!!

I feel like a PHOENIX! Reborn from The Ashes......... LOVE TO ALL!!!! XOXOXOXOX

This made my day.

I prayed for you when I read your post.

I made my whole family read your post.

I believe "The Lord" healed you. That's just my belief and I am not judging you at all.

Do not waste this beautiful gift. I can't wait to share this with my family.

This has put the biggest smile on my face...

Hug your children for all of us.

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Sorry to hear this, but based on a lot of the great things I've read from you, you're a fighter and have a good heart and you will get through this. MS is your post-apocalyptic happening, and now you just need to navigate through it the best you can. My prayers are with you. Please get well.

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 06:02 PM
link   
many people who get diagnosed with MS actually have the same symptoms as scurvy. Some sunshine and a lot of limes in the diet are known to help those people. Walking on crutches rarely helps people as much as a cane, last time they gave me crutches I left them at the hospital and walked home with a cane.

Getting repeated X rays and CAT scans is no different from being exposed repeatedly to a high radiation zone - the more often you go, the more your health goes with it. You have to decide for yourself how you want to interpret what doctors tell you. The facts are doctors diagnose, but they also misdiagnose. They can also become very irate when you point out they may have failed to properly diagnose an ailment.

Some people really do get sick, and some doctors do mean well. Then there's everyone else.

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 06:09 PM
link   

I also have M.S. and have had it for approx 15yrs now. I know it's devastating to find out you have an incurable disease but you will become stronger than ever before. I chose not to take any of the interferon drugs. The most important thing I can share with you is to make your life as stress free as possible, Stress triggers the body to begin attacking itself causing more lesions-brain and spinal. I take 1 zoloft a day and 2 prenatal vitamins, CoEnzyme 10, and fish oil. Overall I am healthy as long as I stay calm. I truly believe staying calm is the biggest factor in avoiding flare-ups. MS changed my life in a positive way. I am a better person. I see things differently because I was forced to slow down. I help others any chance I get.

Best wishes go out to you and your family

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Hi Starwise. I'm saddened by your message and am praying for your mental and physical healing. As someone just stated, positive thoughts are most important and is essential to healing. You'll definitively find the strength and resources to cope with things: children, work etc. But for now, I wish you a quick grieving period so you can get on with living.

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 06:46 PM
link   

I am so sorry to hear about this.

I don't know much on the clinical side of things, although I'm sure you're being told everything about that now. That, and you being a nurse, you probably know a lot more than I would - but I have a couple of relatives that have it, and thought you might want to read this - McDougall Program

It's a success story from a person who changed to a low fat, plant based diet and had significant results.

Whatever methods you use for treatment, just know that you have a lot of people reading, caring and praying for you.

You and your family are in my thoughts.

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 07:41 PM
link   
An ex colleague of mine has MS and receiving treatment, she still worked and went on hols and general daily living activities, obviously not all are the same but I recall hearing she went through hospitalisation in the past.

There are pioneering treatments and I am sure you have been looking into these but I read about this and it makes sense.

www.gizmag.com...

An Italian doctor has been getting dramatic results with a new type of treatment for Multiple Sclerosis, or MS, which affects up to 2.5 million people worldwide. In an initial study, Dr. Paolo Zamboni took 65 patients with relapsing-remitting MS, performed a simple operation to unblock restricted bloodflow out of the brain - and two years after the surgery, 73% of the patients had no symptoms. Dr. Zamboni's thinking could turn the current understanding of MS on its head, and offer many sufferers a complete cure.

www.everydayhealth.com...

According to Chitnis, the biggest diet-related factor in the possible prevention of multiple sclerosis is vitamin D. Higher levels of vitamin D, which is added to milk and some cereal products, have been linked to a lower risk of MS in several studies.

Still, other dietary factors have also been linked to a lower risk. Caffeine, green tea, and tart cherries may all help ward off multiple sclerosis, research presented at the Experimental Biology 2008 meeting suggests. And resveratrol, the compound in red wine that has already received great health press, has shown promise in another multiple sclerosis-related study.

Research on multiple sclerosis is ongoing, but until we know more about the cause of MS, we can't know how to prevent it. Doing your best to be mindful of things you can control (such as making modifications toward a more healthful diet) is certainly worth pursuing, in any case.

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 09:14 PM
link   
Well as a person who was diagnosed with becker's muscular dystrophy 6 years ago I can understand what you are going through. It took me almost 2 years to accept this and those 2 years were wasted feeling sorry for myself. I don't know much about MS but I do have a few friends who also suffer from MS and they live very good lives. MS is not a death sentence and while I know you are devastated now please don't quit living! MS isn't who you are so do not let it define the rest of your life. Hopefully you can get on the correct meds to alleviate your symptoms so they don't disrupt your life very much. You will have good days and bad days but if you keep living your life and doing the things you love you then you will have many more good days than bad days!

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 09:20 PM
link   

My prayers to you....and a little hope....

One of my mom's friends for over 30 years has had MS the whole time. She has terrible boughts of the disease, then poof she is normal for long periods of time...and I mean NORMAL.

My hope is that you will have the remissions periods....it is not always the end...please keep your head up and let your children distract you they are the best medicine!!

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 09:22 PM
link   
Hello Friend,

From one fellow MS'er to another...

Please PM me if you'd like.

I have written several books on the subject--and have a wealth of main stream and alternative methods for you to consider. I can send you the books in the mail or you can order them on amazon.

Once you start coming to terms with your diagnosis, there are many, many ways for you to regain your health. if there was ever a time in the world for you to get diagnosed with this, now is the time. The new MS drugs are doing wonders for people. And MS is not an automtic disability sentence----far from it.

Buy Swank's book on eating with MS--callled the MS diet. That would be a good start.

I have so much research and info I can send you.

Don't let fear overtake you right now... you are having an MS episode, and chances are you will recover from it and can do many things to gain control of your health and get on top of this thing. I promise.

PM me if you like.

edit on 15-7-2012 by MRuss because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 09:58 PM
link   
Starwise Im sorry to hear about this I will pray for you

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 01:26 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 01:52 AM
link   
Have you ever heard of Andy Kaufman? There is a movie about his life that stars Jim Carrey called "Man in The Moon". Heres a quick review that doesn't do it justice. If you know of his off beat comedic work in the TV series "Taxi" or on "Saturday Night Live" you should watch this biopic. Some find his brand of comedy hard to comprehend so you may or not take to it. The end of the movie is the best. He tries everything to cure an illness that he succumbs to all the while driving everyone around him crazy.

That was his style. He didn't care if he made people laugh or not as long as they reacted.

Man in the Moon

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 01:54 AM
link   

Starwise,

I don't usually respond to threads like these because what can one say to make you feel any better or really help to ease your pain? However your story touched me and so I wanted to respond and say although I don't know you or what you are going through, I am here for you if you need someone to talk with or just to spew your anger at me if it helps.

I don't know how old you are but you said you were too young for this. Everyone is too young no matter how old they are to have a tragic occurrence in their lives. You are blessed that you have a loving, strong husband and two, beautiful children to be thankful for.

In this circle of life none are immortal but I pray that your time on this earth is still plenty; that you are around to see your kids grow up; to see your kids have a life, and maybe get married and have kids of their own.

Stay strong and positive for yourself most of all, and for those around you who need your love, guidance, and wisdom. Life is short enough as it is, and sometimes our lives become meaningless and are nothing but a fading memory to the rest of the world. Make sure yours is not, and that you are remembered fondly by those who love you most, and those whose lives you've made an impact on most. I've yet to know you, but you've already made an impact on mine.

We all have our demons to bare, in some form or another. For some it's constant turmoil for various economic and societal reasons, for others it's physical disease, and yet others it could be a mental disease. For me I would say I have a combination of all of those. Some days can be rougher than others, and somedays it's easier. Sometimes I don't want to get out of bed even though I do reluctantly. Most times though, I do my best to just grin and bare it because the only one I'm hurting by feeling sorry for myself is myself. I tend to be more negative than positive on the outside in my outlook of the world, even though on the inside I feel more positive hope for the world.

Because your post made such an impact on me, here's my promise to you: I will stay as positive as I possibly can every day of the week, and wake up on the right side of the bed full of hope and joy. I will also send positive energy your way. I will change my life for the better because you have inspired me to do so. In return, I ask you do the same and stay as positive as you can because, as cliche as it may sound, every second of life is worth living, all 2.5 billion heartbeats of it. You are unique in all the world, a one in 30,000,000 chance of existence; you were the fastest and strongest swimmer. You will be just as strong now, and you will keep on existing because you want to.

My dearest Starwise,
Peace, Love, and Light to you.
-- PJ
edit on 7/16/2012 by pjslug because: (no reason given)

edit on 7/16/2012 by pjslug because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 02:14 AM
link   

I have nothing to say when it comes to words of some consolation other than I am sorry to hear of your bad news. I dont have any words to say because I have no frame of reference for what it must be like to feel that. I have never been diagnosed with cancer or ever been handed a ticking time bomb that says expect to not be around here around this time next August.... or something like that... It doesnt mean your life is meaningless... it doesnt mean that somehow your contribution here will fade away after you are gone... In fact it could be the opposite. According to Wikipedia life expectancy of those with MS is only 5-10 years lower than those unaffected by the condition... and considering I drink daily and smoke about a pack a day it probably means I am going to die before you do. I used to be a hypochondriac because I am a typical American male and I used to bite my cheek in my sleep.. So long story short I convinced myself I had AIDS or something. The question at this point isnt oh noes you are going to die! since everybody has known that about everybody since they reached the age of reason... it is maybe more scary fo think about what you are going to do until then so you dont feel as you have wasted it... Get your affairs in order and have as much fun as you can.. explore things and do things you wouldnt normally do... If I was in your situation what I would do would be to quit eating processed crap become a vegetarian... start working out every single day (like interval training on a treadmill/eliptical and then do strength training) and do everything you could to try and overcome it. Dont take my route in thinking that Xbox-360 and masterbating is going to help anything...
and all jokes aside... do the best you can... and like the back of the Hitchhikers guide to the Galaxy says... DONT PANIC

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 04:42 AM
link   
This is most def a HUGE obstacle to traverse. A true test of Spirit, Body and Mind all rolled into the fabric of your current situation. Attempt to identify each of these sub-tests(?) and deal with each independent of the other two. Taking on each of them separately in this way can have many benefits. Along with knowing, as fact, that "What doesn't kill you, makes you stronger." Through all of the pain and the suffering, the ups and the downs, through whatever each new day may bring. You can feel some comfort (as little as it may seem) in knowing that you will face it as a stronger person than you were the day before. You may not yet have noticed your increasing inner strength, but feed off it once you do. Good luck and best wishes to you.

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 04:55 AM
link   
My heart goes out to you!! My Mum has this disease, the "Relapsing/Remitting" kind, and I have been her carer since I was 14 (I'm 19 now), the disease has plateaued for her, and it hasn't gotten too bad apart from a Foot Drop, and a weakened left side. Medicines help, and she is currently on Gilenya. She works and gardens still, and is able to do most things. Best of luck for your future!! Everything will be FINE

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join