It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm In the Hospital with a New Diagnosis: It’s my death sentence in a world where survival is my

page: 18
<< 15  16  17   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 08:10 PM
link   
Shining bright there little Star!
You go girl!

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 08:20 PM
link   
I am sorry you are going through this. I can not imagine how scary it is to have this diagnosis while being so young and a mother to young children. I don't say that to depress you further... I say it because I am in awe of the strength you have in holding it together for them. I hope that makes sense.

I don't have MS, but I am a mother and my u2u is always open to you if you ever run out of other folks to talk to. I can listen to your good times, your b*@!hing, etc. I may not be able to give you good advice on how to deal with MS...but I am a good listener.

I am sending thoughts and prayers to you and yours. Hopefully things will improve soon enough so you can at least go home and gather your thoughts and have some moments of peace to contemplate.

Hugs to you as well. I don't give them often...but you need all you can get right now.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 09:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Starwise

Some people, mainly the English as far as I have read, are allergic to whole wheat. There was something in the whole wheat that caused them problems. This is old news, going back long ago. That is the reason the English started bleaching their flour. Bleached flour is used many places in the world but the bromate causes recepter problems in the body, tying to the receptors instead of Iodine. In the United states the flour is enriched, something that is not done so much in other parts of the world. The idea was so people wouldn't get pallagra from eating so much breads if they were poor. False pallagra is also supposedly halted and B12 deficiency also. Trouble is that some people have a histamine reaction to the added B vitamins because they are created by yeast. Along with the vitamins comes trace antigens of the yeast.

I have been eating beef raised by a local farmer for many years. I like it aged at least ten days. The local farmers I buy from try to produce most of the food by themselves so don't feed them much corn since it doesn't grow well here.
I don't save links to all the research articles I have read. I feed it into my mind and convert the articles to the common mans language as much as possible but have to learn some technical terms. Your new diet sounds good, does it include any fish? Women need niacin and also a little more leucine containing foods than men do, Leucine helps the body heal. If the leucine is too high it cancels out the niacin and pallagra sets in. Pallagra makes us fall apart since it involves the restriction of ATP beoing formed and then the body can't heal. I can go on and on, but chili peppers are high in niacin and low in leucine so they are a good medicine but too much is no good.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 05:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Night Star
Shining bright there little Star!
You go girl!

Thank you for hanging in there with me and the positive support

(((((HUGS))))))

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 05:53 AM
link   
Truly sorry to hear about your diagnosis, but it’s early days and I think there may be ways out of it. You have the internet and that is a great resource to find someone or something that can cure you.

If you Google "multiple sclerosis" "italian doctor" as in the link below, you may be interested in a new radical development in curing MS.
www.google.com.au... rch=&as_occt=any&safe=images&tbs=&as_filetype=&as_rights=

An Australian singer went to him for treatment and I have the link below.
www.google.com.au... 2+%22Paolo+Zamboni%22+%22chrissie+amphlett%22&gs_l=serp.12...0.0.0.1777.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0..0.0...0.0...1c.abDxEJi5ROE

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 02:16 PM
link   
If anyone wants to know my current predicament.. I posted a new thread here
www.abovetopsecret.com...

I'm depressed today, no lie...trying to stay focused and grounded and positive

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Starwise
If anyone wants to know my current predicament.. I posted a new thread here
www.abovetopsecret.com...

I'm depressed today, no lie...trying to stay focused and grounded and positive

It is perfectly normal to have a range of emotions at this time. People can be brave and have a lot of strength for just so long. Take one day at a time, maybe find a diversion like reading a great book or watching a great movie. Those things have saved my sanity at times. And remember, you have your friends here to talk to and to lean on.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 09:46 AM
link   
Im having good days and bad days. I find that I fatigue so easily. I practice my physical therapy every day. My arm and hand are coming back well, but not my thumb....But I know that will take some time. Sometimes I use a cane when I get tired, otherwise I am walking without it. My walk is strange, not like the way it used to be. I hope it goes back to normal. I still have parasthesias and spasms that come and go. MS is a weird disease......

It has been over 2 months since my symptoms started, sometimes it feels like it will never end. The bills are coming in now and are overwhelming. I have folders for records, bills and meds...I'm trying to stay organized. Sometimes my memory just doesn't work until I am reminded, then all the info floods into my mind like "oh yeah" duh.......

I was approved for my VA benefits...which is good news. I often wonder if I wasn't misdiagnosed while in the Army....I had similar symptoms then, and they discharged me with fibromyalgia, but it went away and would sometimes come back.....While in the Army I had SOOOO MANY vaccinations.....but that was 13 years ago.....BUT it is a coincidence that my FMS symptoms started then but it was so mild....I don't know, I'm just thinking out loud....

I have been told by many people to start a blog.....but really? Isn't writing here the same? Hmmmmmmm

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Starwise. I often wonder if I wasn't misdiagnosed while in the Army....I had similar symptoms then, and they discharged me with fibromyalgia, but it went away and would sometimes come back.....While in the Army I had SOOOO MANY vaccinations.....but that was 13 years ago.....BUT it is a coincidence that my FMS symptoms started then but it was so mild....I don't know, I'm just thinking out loud....

Many people associate MS and other auto immune diseases with exposure to chemicals. Is it possible you were in a theater of war or around munitions of some sort? Also, the vaccines have chemicals in their ingredients...

This is also why many people suffering from auto immune diseases are very careful to limit their chemical load as much as possible. It's very difficult. There was a doctor out of NY who tested his blood and then worked hard to limit chemical exposure from either food or the environment. He was shocked at the end of the one year experiment to see just how much was still in his system.

You have to be vigilant.
edit on 8/14/2012 by kosmicjack because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 09:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Night Star

I started my shots yesterday.......It stings, but so far so good. No bad reactions. I am remitting. I can feel it!!

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 01:49 PM
link   
I think you are doing just fine. You hang in there and keep us posted on your progress.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Night Star

I am slowly getting better overall. I have my times of fatigue and muscle weakness, tingly feet and wobbly legs, left arm and hand pain etc.....But I am cooking now and doing chores, no longer feeling like a huge burden on my husband and the kids.

I feel like I have to test my limits just to know what they are..........My injections are going well, no problems and its been 11 days now.....

I DANCED TODAY!!! Of course my version is belly dancing.....IT WAS WONDERFUL to move my body like that again. I was able to dance for about 10 minutes before I had to take a rest, which is more than I have done since May!!

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Glad to see you are starting to feel better.

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 09:02 AM
link   
Today is Mabon and fall Equinox.....I am thankful for many things. Specifically my husband and children who have become my strength throughout this whole ordeal.

I have my days where I stay in bed all day. I run fevers of unknown origin, feel spongy and weak legged most of the time. Then other days I feel great physically, only to find that I cant even make it all the way through the grocery store without a cart to hold onto for dear life. People look at me as though I am on drugs or alcohol. I want to wear a sign that says my diagnosis so people wont stare at the strangeness of how I now walk.

My daily injections suck. They cause painful welts and destruction of adipose tissue. My physical therapy is ongoing. I have been forced to apply for SSDI
My job is well, probably over. There is no way I could go back to work in my current position. It appears as though I have a disability that is permanent....So I must learn to live the way I am and work on not getting any weaker than I already am. Fatigue and heat really are bothersome.

I did go to the beach this week. I laid in the sand listening to the ocean waves lullaby my senses.......What a beautiful sound the waves make as they crash on shore.....growing up on the beach and now living so far away from it makes me miss the sound even more.

On a positive note: I am not depressed. Sure I get a little teary when I cant do some things, but it goes away quick enough to change my focus on to something more positive. Since I sit a lot during the day, I have changed the view out my window to beautiful wind chimes, bird feeders and I bought a big beautiful garden windmill that looks like a colorful rainbow dragonfly.....So when I have my moments of contemplation I just look out side and notice the beauty that surrounds me.........

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 09:49 AM
link   

I just wanted to suggests something that might sound crazy at the moment but I am sure you will appreciate it when you start it. Try to change your diet! First things I would stay away is Wheat and any kind of gluten products. Try gluten free diet and reduce if not eliminate sugar completely. if you have a sweet tooth, use maple syrup or honey instead. Dried fruits are the best. You can have delicious bread and cakes without gluten and sugar. Try to drink veggie juice as often as you can, include wheatgrass juice if possible. Let me know when you start feeling much better
Good luck! Stay strong! You sound like a very strong person and I believe in you!

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 09:53 AM
link   
reply to post by quitesane

Thank you for your reply! I am sure you do not have the time to read through all these pages on this thread, but I have been given great advice ( yours included)
and have been on a near paleo diet for 2 months now. I have lost over 20 pounds and feel much better after getting rid of dairy, gluten, legumes and nightshades!!

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 10:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Expat888

I just love these ignorant remarks,obviously some dumb kid opening mouth and not engaging brain,people who have never dealt with such situations always seem to throw their 2 cents in,I'm real sorry for you,and your family,wishing the best to you

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 02:07 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 02:55 PM
link   
My prayers go out to you and I hope you gain more strength, physically, spiritually and mentally.
I too have been living with a couple of crippling illnesses that have totally changed my life but in the end, I think we all get by.

Family and friends are a real strength.
Just try not let the illness take over you.

I myself use prescribed drugs but mainly alternative medication, diet and exercise.
Although, I have been looking at hemp should I get worse. It's one alternative to so many illnesses.

Again, my prayers are with you.

new topics

top topics

<< 15  16  17   >>

join