It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How many Disinfomation agents are members here?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Deetermined
Here's a prime example.

Obama's own campaign site shows that it has a "Truth Team" and even lists a tab in the left hand column titled, "Report an Attack" on Obama asking for information and the website in which the attack was made so that they can address the issue.

www.barackobama.com...

I don't know about you, but it appears to me that there are at least of couple of posters on ATS who always seem to be the first and the die hard last poster on all Obama threads.

Not that they are peddling out dis-info, but it's clear that they are on a mission and I have no doubt that Obama's "Truth Team" visits ATS to sway opinions.

AhhhI didnt see that as disinfo.. but yep. I do believe I know one of whom youre speaking of... and this one is a true Obama cheerleader.

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Who would that be? I think I know but not sure if its the same person you're referring to.

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 02:45 PM
link   
I've been called this so many times (and in other ways), that I've been starting to go down to my mail box.

Where's the check from the US Gov?

Darn! Still waiting on it. They owe me some back pay......

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Arrow22
This is THE most well read and traveled website for those looking for TRUTH in the world.

I have read MANY interesting and condemning articles here that definitely shed light into areas
that the Government or The Powers That Be do not want lit up or exposed to the public.

Just curious how many posters here are Agents Of Disinformation.

We have all read posts by the truly ignorant here and that is easily forgiven
Its the Coordinated Attacks on posts that contain great info that scares me a little.

There is so much information here that usually it gets lost in the sauce but there are threads that have
been posted that seem to be nipped in the bud and forgotten in very interesting ways.

Any Comments?

Why would it matter? Anything real or worthwhile will stand up to scrutiny and without skeptics all you end up with are unchallenged lies and fodder for confidence people and liars.

You can't "deny ignorance" by being foolish enough to accept the nonsense that is posted here. Some are looking for genuine conspiracy and hidden truths and we all know that 99% of what is discussed here is likely not true. Digging those needles out of haystacks would not be possible without people willing to dig in and find out facts and expose garbage.

Those who post often bring the skeptics on themselves by posting nonsense.

People who question are not disinformation agents. What is a "Disinfomation" agent
People who question are in fact smart.

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 02:59 PM
link   
There are always two sides of an argument, the "government" wouldn't need to pay anyone to "troll" or whatever a "disinfo agent" does. I believe that we landed on the moon in 1969, you may not, that means i'm a disinfo agent? Just a thought.

Cheers

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
Okay, I would give everyone a big basket of my best carrots if we could all settle on just one thing here. The definition of a Disinfo Agent. Is it:

A. A GS Rank holding Government Employee of any agency within the USG here as part of their assigned work?

B. A private citizen being paid to come here, among other places (or maybe just here) to derail and otherwise influence threads on a given topic list?

I prefer the term "Social Media Op" over "Disinfo Agent". Money is made by promoting a line, and often wouldn't require much beyond well-spun facts and a little tactical omission. The majority of paid opinion influencers wouldn't have to resort to spitting disinfo in the course of their work.

Also, I vote for A. and B.

The alternative? Put the real time...real effort..and real WORK into actually DOING the posting that earns it. I can't see someone with no more loyalty to ATS or interest in the topics than a paycheck actually having the strength it would take to do this without really loving it. It'd be torture to someone who was here with a real so/so attitude.

Like any line of work, you're going to have your skill gradient. The 5 post red shirts who snuff it en masse on the graveyard threads mentioned by another poster are probably the product of a poorly paid grunt with some templates and some software.

Savvy SMOs, good writers and skilled debaters, would quickly figure out how to skim off revenue in less conventional ways. And you know? Some prostitutes are just as dedicated as the lovers.

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 03:26 PM
link   
I don't think there are any on here, can't we sift through the BS anyway I mean come on...some of the replays to posts I just skip right past as theyre drivel...If anyone was disinfoing you could see thought it or come to your own conclusions on the subject if you had a sound intellect hmmmm? Unless your a scientologist or Mormon then you would believe that we should be walking around on our hands...

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Honor93

Oh hell no! I appreciate the idea that y'all think that I'm some kind of super-spy disinfo agent, but I'm sitting here laughing my butt off over this one.

Have you actually READ my posts? Since when have I EVER promoted and followed the official story line?

Too funny. I didn't realize I was that popular!

I actually warranted a whole thread. Hysterical! But go ahead, read my posts, and decide for yourself.

GOTCHA!!!!

edit on 12-7-2012 by FissionSurplus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 03:59 PM
link   
A few years ago maybe - when there were a number of detailed, thought-provoking threads created on here regularly that touched on certain issues not covered by the MSM and generated a lot of views and replies.

Since then the site has changed direction somewhat and is flooded with threads about US political "talking points", that can be read about in the MSM, Ron Paul stuff and also pointless religion-based threads that spring up all the time.

Maybe there was an agenda somewhere in turning this site into more of a US political news and views site rather than an actual alternative, conspiracy theory site?

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 04:02 PM
link   

I'm some kind of super-spy disinfo agent

reply to post by FissionSurplus

Now that would be a Retired super-spy disinfo agent - or were you spreading disinformation on the "mature" thread yesterday???

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Arrow22

Hey, these threads pop up from time to time, but I don't care to read through. I do have a scorecard I have to fill out for my boss. Can someone just PM me if my name comes up? If I don't hear from anyone, I'll assume my cover is still good and continue with the standard operating procedure. Thanks for the looking out!

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by EnzoD
A few years ago maybe - when there were a number of detailed, thought-provoking threads created on here regularly that touched on certain issues not covered by the MSM and generated a lot of views and replies.

Since then the site has changed direction somewhat and is flooded with threads about US political "talking points", that can be read about in the MSM, Ron Paul stuff and also pointless religion-based threads that spring up all the time.

Maybe there was an agenda somewhere in turning this site into more of a US political news and views site rather than an actual alternative, conspiracy theory site?

Watch out, Enzo!

When you use words like "a few years ago" but you've only been registered for a little over a year while only making 10 comments, you may become suspect when one of those comments is in this particular thread!

Now, you wouldn't be accused of being a disinfo agent, but you could very well be labeled one of those "spies" that a Super Moderator posted his thread about earlier today!

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 04:56 PM
link   
reply to post by James1982

Yeah...what you said! You make a lot of sense.

Besides...I am thinking if someone was really a disinformation agent on here...they most likely would not admit it.

I'm just saying.

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 05:02 PM
link   
I'm a disinfo agent and so's my wife. And whoever may have already made this joke is a dis-disinfo agent working against all of us.

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 05:57 PM
link   
I highly doubt any "normal" ATS members are disinfo agents, what would be the point when there are plenty of trolls on here anyway.

No I think you need to look higher and see that one or two of the super moderators are most likely disinfo agents, I say this because many interesting articles have been shut down by them...

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 06:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Skywatcher2011

The forums are obviously monitored by varioyus security departments for leaks. I doubt there would be any posting at all.

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xoanon
I'm not but both those guys that posted above me are for sure.

2nd.

"I'm Brian and so's my wife!"

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555

Originally posted by Arrow22
This is THE most well read and traveled website for those looking for TRUTH in the world.

I have read MANY interesting and condemning articles here that definitely shed light into areas
that the Government or The Powers That Be do not want lit up or exposed to the public.

Just curious how many posters here are Agents Of Disinformation.

We have all read posts by the truly ignorant here and that is easily forgiven
Its the Coordinated Attacks on posts that contain great info that scares me a little.

There is so much information here that usually it gets lost in the sauce but there are threads that have
been posted that seem to be nipped in the bud and forgotten in very interesting ways.

Any Comments?

Some are looking for genuine conspiracy and hidden truths and we all know that 99% of what is discussed here is likely not true. Digging those needles out of haystacks would not be possible without people willing to dig in and find out facts and expose garbage.

Those who post often bring the skeptics on themselves by posting nonsense.

First paragraph is to me in part disinfo when you say, "we all know that 99% of what is discussed here is likely not true" when you say that, what you are saying is in fact hearsay.

Second paragraph has no bearing on a poster who may post often with something salient and credible, and indeed the 'skeptics' often fall foul of such a poster because those skeptics also have an agenda, (disinfo or just stupid, or both) at the lowest common denominator ie; just to discredit by bluster and not to add to a debate. Something that the OP had touched on, and in the post you chose to reply to.
edit on 12-7-2012 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Daemonicon
ALSO, how likely do you think it is that the actual dis-info agents will voluntarily 'out' themselves so to speak?

Disinformation agent #35 here. Yes, after a long hard day at the keyboard foiling the discovery of the truth about UFOs, the real location of Atlantis, or what actually happened to JFK, I like to sit on the beach with a glass of wine and laugh at the souls that I've crushed that day.

Yes, as a reptilian of the GEE1!*8 tribe, I savor the tears of Earthmen, they are a spice to me. Nothing like a little rotisserie baked human infant with a nice dill sauce, spiced by the tears of the ones I've deceived for the Nest.

Weep, earthlings, for you serve the Great Ones whether you know it or not!

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by g2v12

The forums are obviously monitored by varioyus security departments for leaks. I doubt there would be any posting at all.

Meh - maybe. Military.com and fark.com definitely are. There are a few other innocuous looking sites that have forums you can't readily get to unless you know how, those are monitored when they can.

Not so sure about ATS, I've only run into three or four guys here that were obviously fishing for who was who over the past several years.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join