It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How many Disinfomation agents are members here?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 01:00 PM
link   
As others have pointed out the number of disinfo agents on here is most likely zero. We do a better job spreading disinfo than any government agency could hope to achieve. Just look at the number of crazy theories that get a ton of support without any real evidence. As an example, just look at the thread a few months ago that promised aliens from the Sun invading Earth. That thread had tons of posts and flags for no reason. So here we are months later and no invasion. People jumped on this simply because it presented an alternative viewpoint and for a short while they adopted it into their worldview. This serves to not only muddy the waters but also makes anyone on this site seem crazy. As a result, if anyone actually did discover some kind of massive of conspiracy it would be blown off as just coming from another crazy poster at ATS. Just look at the facts. ATS has been around for over ten years and yet despite all the times the words Truth and proof have been bandied about we have not changed the world in any way. The public as a whole don't care about what is discussed here and that is why the government doesn't have to worry with employing disinfo agents.

So I guess in summary if you define a disinfo agent as one who intentionally spreads disinfo for profit there are none. If a disinfo agent is merely one who spreads disinfo then we are all guilty.

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xtrozero
Well the way I see it....

For about 99% of the people here view EVERYONE else who don't agree with them as either sheeple or disinfo agents....

If you don't believe me just try and hold an intelligent debate and sooner or later you will be called one or the other...

edit on 12-7-2012 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

You have hit the nail on the head. Nobody is allowed to disagree with a conspiracy without being labelled a disinfo agent.

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xcalibur254
As others have pointed out the number of disinfo agents on here is most likely zero. We do a better job spreading disinfo than any government agency could hope to achieve. Just look at the number of crazy theories that get a ton of support without any real evidence. As an example, just look at the thread a few months ago that promised aliens from the Sun invading Earth. That thread had tons of posts and flags for no reason. So here we are months later and no invasion. People jumped on this simply because it presented an alternative viewpoint and for a short while they adopted it into their worldview. This serves to not only muddy the waters but also makes anyone on this site seem crazy. As a result, if anyone actually did discover some kind of massive of conspiracy it would be blown off as just coming from another crazy poster at ATS. Just look at the facts. ATS has been around for over ten years and yet despite all the times the words Truth and proof have been bandied about we have not changed the world in any way. The public as a whole don't care about what is discussed here and that is why the government doesn't have to worry with employing disinfo agents.

So I guess in summary if you define a disinfo agent as one who intentionally spreads disinfo for profit there are none. If a disinfo agent is merely one who spreads disinfo then we are all guilty.

ABSOLUTELY.
We are our own worst enemies here. No agents needed unfortunately.

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xcalibur254
............That thread had tons of posts and flags for no reason. So here we are months later and no invasion. People jumped on this simply because it presented an alternative viewpoint and for a short while they adopted it into their worldview. This serves to not only muddy the waters but also makes anyone on this site seem crazy. As a result, if anyone actually did discover some kind of massive of conspiracy it would be blown off as just coming from another crazy poster at ATS.

Exactly, which is why I get agitated when utter b.....cks is presented as "ultimate proof". There are cover ups, there are lies but the best defense those doing the lying have is when those calling them out can be labelled deluded fools who believed aliens were coming from the sun (or whatever).

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 01:25 PM
link   
Well, it is a fact that some people have been caught being paid by the government to influence online opinion.

Ergo - dissinfo agents.

Will there be some present on ATS? Most surely. Will we really know who they are without thorough investigation? Probley not. Should you be vigilent? Yes.

Of course, they can cause you personally no harm, if you seek the truth, and are not easily influenced.

But its a shame to see others led astray, and accepting certain ideas as truth, without truly knowing.

What can you do? Counter-act the problem, seek the truth, know the truth, post the truth, teach the truth, preach the truth. And if you don't know the truth, ask questions.

Just likes there's proaganda in the news, the info wars reach far and deep.

I take it we can't discuss suspected members?

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Trexter Ziam
Hmmm, seems a Super Moderator concurs. Have you seen this thread?

ATS Super Moderator's Thread

And "ADVISOR" puts a link to this off-site page which mentions Above Top Secret as an example. cryptome.org...

Yeah, I noticed that thread too that was started by a Super Moderator today...

"Look no further~ The Gentleperson's Guide To Forum Spies"

The question at this point is, what's the true intent behind posting it?

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 01:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Arrow22

....Count me in as a " Disinformation agent " then !

Though all I'm doing is arguing my point of view, and trying to get to the truth, by cutting through hidden agendas, wild speculation, plain ignorance and selectively edited / presented information !

( All it's about really is differing points of view, we' ll all believe what we want to believe, if it massages our egos....)

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Sinny

A long time ago I suspected a long time member prolific poster of this.. but in the end I think he really believed what he was posting. I dotn think he was a DA now.. just a true believer. Unfortunately what he believed was widely felt to be rubbish.
He was banned last yr I think.

No we cant discuss specific posters Active or banned

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 01:32 PM
link   
i think the disinfo guys are the ones that start threads like "what would you do if ufo's landed on earth",

or "what do you think of obamacare".

topics and posts that stir responses, so they can actually jump in, analyze and gauge how much people know.

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by SplitInfinity

DEPENDS ON YOUR DEFINITION OF SUCKS.... I get six digits to just derail and discredit 9/11 truther idiots. it is easy money and the government loves me////

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by hanyak69

OH WAIT DID I TYPE THAT OUTLOUD???? Sorry disregard.....my bad ...go back to sleeeeeep

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xoanon
reply to post by Arrow22

Its the Coordinated Attacks on posts that contain great info that scares me a little.

Could you link us to a thread wherein this mischief is exemplified?

Easy enough, check out the Secret Socieites Forum or the 9-11 Forum. They are completely inundated with that mob mentality, to the point where any useful or interesting information is completely subverted. We were told that the Secret Socieites forum would be dealt with, but all that has happened so far is a bunch of masonic members got promoted to management and the roving gangs of masons here carry on unabated, thread after thread. The 9-11 forum is no longer a viable avenue for civil discussion here either, any thread or post there that isn't waving a flag and calling people nutjob conspiracy theorists is attacked, not debated, not discusssed, attacked.

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 01:49 PM
link   
people are going to defend there views whether they are far out views or not, informants dis-info's posting replys doesn't matter everything will be questioned people believe what they want to hear.

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by twitchy

Secret Societies will remain secret by definition, dis-info would be hearing about them and what they do, so if you hear about them and they exist then they lost all power and are ineffective trolls on here

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Remember the thread about ;

Cost of Keeping U.S. Government Secret Rises to $11 Billion?
www.abovetopsecret.com...

You guys that actually believe that it's not worth it for the government to pay disinfo agents are delusional.
It's a small investment to keep the status quo, to divide and conquer and silence ideas.

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 02:02 PM
link   
reply to post by theMediator

govenments do that with keeping the status quo, job taxes cant go here etc. but marketing peoples probably round up opinions for there own ends and could be on here with a few sponsors. gov's wouldnt they just keep a few steps ahead imo

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Okay, I would give everyone a big basket of my best carrots if we could all settle on just one thing here. The definition of a Disinfo Agent. Is it:

A. A GS Rank holding Government Employee of any agency within the USG here as part of their assigned work?

B. A private citizen being paid to come here, among other places (or maybe just here) to derail and otherwise influence threads on a given topic list?

C. Trolls, r0dents, Smurfs or whatever we each call those little vermin that scurry around adding nothing but hard feelings and bad ju-ju to every thread they touch?

D. Multiple Private Citizens working together as casual friends, allies or more with or without pay (If D..which? with pay or without?)

Now personally, I'd like to note something I've mentioned so many times I can count one hand's fingers and have a couple left beside the thumb. My mini-profile. I don't post for stars, numbers or anything else...but only a liar here says they aren't aware of what their stats say. The point is, the numbers I have and those both below and above me worked HARD for them. It represents hundreds upon hundreds of hours of time (and that is likely a real understatement by sheer math on those numbers alone). To suggest we have REAL Disinfo agents being paid is to suggest they're earning hundreds and hundreds of hours of pay for...well...nothing much..because you don't GET these numbers by being a one-trick pony and hovering on one topic or thread. Mods, I believe, are onto that little game and zap the idiots who are that obvious. The alternative? Put the real time...real effort..and real WORK into actually DOING the posting that earns it. I can't see someone with no more loyalty to ATS or interest in the topics than a paycheck actually having the strength it would take to do this without really loving it. It'd be torture to someone who was here with a real so/so attitude.

How many r0dents can we all say we've seen with the determination, ability to stick to something and finish it, as well as the sheer free time and ability to invest what is required? Oh sure...they can play like they normally do with VERY low post numbers...and they get little Ban ~'s on their names right quick too.

See how unlikely this paid agent thing really is when looked at closely? If they are so new they DIDN'T work night and day and for a LONG time...then they don't have the credibility to achieve what is being suggested their job is about accomplishing. How many threads are totally turned by a 20 or 30 or 40 post member with a month or two in time onboard? Umm.. I've yet to see one, myself.

Again, those like me and MANY with far far more established time and activity that I may ever come close to...would we be agents? Umm... Yeah, you gotta be kidding me. Sorry guys.. I love ya all but you wouldn't be worth it for the money. It's just not worth that. You have to really love writing, debating and the subject matter itself, in my opinion..and I do on all three counts. Someone who doesn't would be turned to a stark raving lunatic inside a month...and that doesn't even get them time for credibility.

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Here's a prime example.

Obama's own campaign site shows that it has a "Truth Team" and even lists a tab in the left hand column titled, "Report an Attack" on Obama asking for information and the website in which the attack was made so that they can address the issue.

www.barackobama.com...

I don't know about you, but it appears to me that there are at least of couple of posters on ATS who always seem to be the first and the die hard last poster on all Obama threads.

Not that they are peddling out dis-info, but it's clear that they are on a mission and I have no doubt that Obama's "Truth Team" visits ATS to sway opinions.

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

To suggest we have REAL Disinfo agents being paid is to suggest they're earning hundreds and hundreds of hours of pay for...well...nothing much..because you don't GET these numbers by being a one-trick pony and hovering on one topic or thread.

I don't believe this person is a disinfo agent, but just so you know, there is a member on ATS who has only 5,000+ posts, yet has 23,000+ stars for continually being a "one-trick pony". In fact, I'd say he even has a "one-trick pony" one liner that draws him way too many stars every time he posts it.

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Advantage

I disagreed to a couple post here and someone accused me right out of being a...........SSSSSHHHHHHHHH.........GOVERNMENT AGENT!

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join