It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Colorado Springs Apocolypse?! Waldo Canyon Wildfire 32,000 Evacuated, Many Houses/Buildings Burned!

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Sek82

Check this out, I clicked on one of the links from the Inspire Magazine and found this.

publicintelligence.net...

For your free subscription to Inspire magazine please send your name and address to

Inspire Magazine
Al Qaeda
Langley, VA 23665

Thats the CIA

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Greenblaz

Cheyenee Mtn Zoo is right on the mountain.

I bet if you look you can find some giraffes and elephants too.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Agarta

Great, glad I'm not the only one to let them know. I wonder what, if any, role the FBI is playing in this considering their acknowledgement of the possibility of arson well ahead of the fires themselves.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Sek82

Especially since it was put out by the Denver Division.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agarta
I realize those of you who are wishing for rain are doing so with the best intentions as it is a natural water sprinkler system and it sounds logical that wetting everything down will help. The problem is that in mountain regions like Colorado Springs rain also means heavy winds. Beings that the fire sits in a pass heavy winds from almost any direction would spread this thing like crazy. This is what happened yesterday and could very well happen later this afternoon and that's whats got me scared. What we need is calm weather with cooler temperatures, way cooler temperatures.
edit on 27-6-2012 by Agarta because: Spelling

If you have a generator and a well this is what I did about 12 year ago
I set it all up and awaited for the fire to get close them I started it up
And drove away. The fire was a crone fire it burn alone the top first
It was moving East alone the highway at 3 miles hour When the OPP
Came to tell me to leave I had 15 minute to go.

Only had a small car so I only took the importance thing
Box of picture, a box of legal paper, box of ammo, and a my box of beer,
OPP officer said you don’t open any until you get to your new location.
And off he when I open one sat down and took one long last look.
Luck came my way that night wind change direction was ok

Forgot to add my insurance company just love my metal roof
edit on 27-6-2012 by Trillium because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by thehoneycomb

Glad you brought this in. Cheyenne Mountain Zoo is an open air zoo and they are getting pummeled with smoke. Currently they are not in danger of fire but they have moved the animals indoors and are attempting to clean their air. Ash falling on the air conditioners and such is not helping the problem at all for the animals or the people city wide.

Edit to add: Current visibility due to smoke.

edit on 27-6-2012 by Agarta because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Woodland Park has just been designated as a Mandatory Evacuation Zone.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Crazy, and it's not even noon yet.. The winds are expected to pick up this afternoon due to a weather system to the west..

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Hi all,

I just received an email form an old friend living in the Denver area and thought I would pass the info along:

It is just awful. We were down in the Springs on Saturday when that one started. The Flying W ranch is gone along with a ton of homes. The fire is up to Rampart Reservoir, where I used to fish all the time. It is heading for the AFA. So far, the Garden of the Gods is still intact. Only 5% containment.

The fire up by Ft. Collins is still going, only 55% containment. That one is about 85,000 acres. Burned close to 200 homes, I think.

There was a fire just west of us by Boulder yesterday but the smoke seemed low this morning, so it may be out soon.

I can hear the air tankers flying over head. I see and smell and feel most of the smoke from all the fires, at one point.

We have about 12 active fires or so going on in the state right now. It is really not good.

Best of luck to all the AST'ers in that area...

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Weather Update- winds to gust at 3pm or so with a storm front moving in. But no rain in it, just wind

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 12:52 PM
link   

From their twitter page @WoodlandParkCO

sunny glen, morning sun, king's crown, paradise, skyline, forest edge, country ridge subdivisions to be evacuated #waldocanyonfire

From KKTV:

- Mandatory evacuations for Teller County. They are as followed:
1. East of State Highway 24 from Crystola to Baldwin Street/Rampart Range Road to the Teller County Border at Loy Creek.
2. West of Highway 24 and South of Aspen Garden Way, Rodeo Way, Ranch Drive, Mane Street, CR 231/West Street intersecting Highway 24, West on Highway 24 to Edlowe Road, and South on Edlowe Road, to include the subdivisions of Ranch Estates and Holiday Hills
3. All residences North of a line from Crystola to Catamount Estates (off of CR 281)

(I wanted to post details incase some have family or friends in the area)
edit on 27-6-2012 by OneisOne because: add

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Wookiep

Yah and they are starting to worry about it jumping Hwy 24. It has once already but was quickly gotten under control, but if the winds get bad It wont be so easy.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 01:08 PM
link   
If an ATS member needs a place to stay, including their pets, send a U2U. Family and friends have already been taken care of.

Have a couple rooms open as well as couches and plenty of land for the critters to run. U2U for more info.

Stay safe, and never underestimate a forest fire. If you are in an evac zone, EVACUATE. Things can be replaced, people cant.

Its important that the community comes together on these things and actually help one another. That is one of the ways beauty can show through the destruction.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Press conference going on right now..

www.kktv.com...

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 01:15 PM
link   
West wind gusts are up to 25 mph. So the winds are picking up and worry of flare ups has begun.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Wookiep

Wow, we are getting rain here in Co. Springs, thank you everyone for all your prayers!

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Procession101

What side of town are you on? I don't have any rain in my area..but the winds are actually expected to make it worse. :/

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Just heard Monument is under pre-evacuation.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 01:36 PM
link   
I'm seeing reports via twitter that there are more pre-evacuations. I haven't heard anything on the KKTV live stream about them though.

Area of West Colorado Ave. at 31st
Pleasant Valley
Monument

KKTV just posted on their fb page:

PLEASE SHARE: CRYSTOLA GOING INTO MANDATORY EVACS -- MONUMENT NOW IN PRE-EVACS INCLUDING NORTH OF AFA TO DOUGLAS COUNTY LINE WEST OF I-25

kktv11news

Stay safe everyone!

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by OneisOne

Area of West Colorado Ave. at 31st? I did not hear that. I'm packing up now just in case.

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join