It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Colorado Springs Apocolypse?! Waldo Canyon Wildfire 32,000 Evacuated, Many Houses/Buildings Burned!

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 03:23 PM
link   
This is the first pic I've seen of damage (found on facebook, this is in Mountain Shadows)

edit on 27-6-2012 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Wookiep

KKTV 11 News
4 minutes ago.EFFECTIVE IMMEDIATELY THE FOLLOWING AREAS ARE UNDER PRE-EVACUATION NOTICE
1. The remainder of the City of Woodland Park city limits that have not been previously evacuated.
2. All areas East of CR25 (a.k.a. Tranquil Acres Road and Mocks) to Blossom Road, including the subdivision of Tranquil Acres, North to the intersection of Forest Service Roads 357 and 357b, North on FSR 357 to CR 78 (a.k.a. Painted Rocks Road), North to the Douglas County Line.
quote]
edit on 27-6-2012 by Anmarie96 because: (no reason given)

Source

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 03:37 PM
link   
For those that are in the area that might be evacuated, now is a good time to start taking pics of everything you have for insurance reasons. Believe me when I say it makes filling out insurance paperwork that much easier. (They even want to know how many bottles of lotion you had bought from Bath and Body Works and how many Nike shoes you had.)

Anyhow, I have been saying the rain prayers all morning for those in the path. Please stay safe. Pack now and leave while you can. There is no reason to stay if you are at risk. Let the men and women who are trained to deal with this kind of disaster do their thing.

*starts doing the rain dance for Colorado*

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Wookiep

What a sad picture.

As with all disasters in the last few years, I wonder how can people recover. With the devastating flooding of last spring to these wild fires, many people are barely hanging on and this could be the breaking point. I know you can rebuild and I know that the most important thing is you and your family but....

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 03:51 PM
link   
More damage...

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 03:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Wookiep

i can see trees with leaves,,
amazing,,
that house hose contraption,, from Canada
would have saved that house, i bet.

wow.
ohh and slow the Dancing down ,, ,,winds too high
,,and throw water at them

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 03:58 PM
link   
As i Watch the fires on T.V and see pictures of houses burning the first thing that comes to my mind is the 2007 California Wildfires. After Going Through The 2003 Cedar Fire And The 2007 Wildfires In San Diego It Makes Me Sad To See This In Such a Beautiful Area.

This Image Is From The 2007 California Wildfires In San Diego, It Resembles The Fires In Colorado and the Destruction A Fire Can Cause in a Urban Area. Stay Safe To All In The Fires Path And Don't Forget To Make a Evacuation Plan So When Its Time To Leave You Can Leave Safely.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 04:00 PM
link   
***NEED HELICOPTER PILOT VOLUNTEERS,,****
BRING WATER

fixed wing,, oout side edges only,, any crop dusters around??????

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 04:04 PM
link   
My thoughts and prayers go out to all those affected by these fires. I used to live in Colorado Springs and our old apartment building is burning. I now live in the southern part of Denver Metro and can see/smell the smoke from my house. The area burning just west of the Springs is a stunning part of the state with a beautiful national forest and Garden of the Gods, a very unique place. I know it is part of nature's cycle (hopefully not arson) and that it will all grow again, but it is still sad.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agarta
reply to post by Foxe

HAHAHAHA if you have ever been inside Cheyenne Mountain(NORAD) and you know what is actually there, you would be laughing as hard as I am at this "Public" report. HAHAHAHAHA

whats your point

besides you thinking you're the only one that knows anything

tell us all what is really there since you seem to know and we dont!!!

My apologies if you think I was laughing at you, this is not the case. I was instead laughing at the report. They did indeed move some of the projects from Cheyenne Mountain to Peterson I do not deny, however to move the Classified projects from the most secure location in the U.S. to a less secure area is just too absurd to actually believe. Peterson does not have the capability to protect some of the projects within the mountain. NORADS entrance tunnel is over 100 yards long then you come to a solid vault type door 25 feet thick with 8 foot diameter reinforcement bars before you even get into the buildingS(yep 6 of them) all sitting on giant springs so they would bounce rather than take an impact. Then you have 6 more floors under those containing Super Classified projects. I cant give any more about the interior. Not to mention the high powered automatic weapons that are motion sensitive and come up out of the ground all over the mountain.

you forgot to mention the DELTA boys that pop up way before the auto machine guns

nobody knowing anything about black projects would even hint in an open forum that they are in the know.

now how about that fire threatening a city like we have never seen in our lifetime

I must have missed that one. My Father was the Chief of Security at NORAD and was the one responsible for installing the weapons on the mountain, so I know first hand a lot of what is there and NORAD is much more than just a few computer screens watching the sky and the space around this planet. I will have to bring SG1 on Netflix and check it out.

What does your father think of your lack of respect to "OP SEC"
edit on 27-6-2012 by rebellender because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 04:09 PM
link   
You need the Martin Mars waterbomber for that fire. There's nothing else quite like it. Only one left in service. It is the largest water bomber in the world and all it needs is a lake where it can scoop up more water. It then mixes the water with chemicals right onboard and only stops once every so many hours to refuel, so as long as a lake is nearby, it's one drop after another. It can take on just about any fire and I can't beleive they haven't called them in, as there are lakes in Colorado and I think it's been there in the past. It eats fires, even big ones.
edit on 27-6-2012 by AlexanderM because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Just announced that a "Haboob" of smoke is blanketing the city due to 50+ mile per hour winds. It is very windy where I'm at...and this is the same thing that happened yesterday before all hell broke lose.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 04:30 PM
link   
there is a large river, that the fire is going too be, headed too??
high winds comming,,
will jump the river,,

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 04:32 PM
link   
reply to post by AlexanderM

fixed wing smoke too dense,, inside the Canyon,,,,outside of smoke ring yes,,
need helicopters but wind now too high,,

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 04:41 PM
link   
cs fire department just pulled back from blodgett dr. They are going to have to let the fire blow through. There are 60 houses there.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 04:58 PM
link   
reply to post by wevebeenassimilated

Man that sucks, that is (was) a very nice area.. I often go up in the trails in that area..

edit on 27-6-2012 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 04:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Wookiep

I could have sworn the springs got over 100 degrees when I lived there between '02 and '07

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 05:02 PM
link   
reply to post by BadBoYeed

I thought that was weird too, it's gotten pretty hot here before. Usually the heat waves are in July/August though. I guess the records don't lie but they mean the immediate Springs area not surrounding areas like fountain, manitou etc.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 05:03 PM
link   
The press conference is about to begin. www.kktv.com...

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 05:10 PM
link   
yeah, im from denver co but i have some friends that live down in the springs and they said it is bad out there. hope every one gets out and is safe out there

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join