It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Colorado Springs Apocolypse?! Waldo Canyon Wildfire 32,000 Evacuated, Many Houses/Buildings Burned!

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 10:20 AM
link   
reply to post by CrimsonKapital

You call this an apocalypse? So just because it happened in America it means you can make a thread about it?

Last year us Aussies endured the worst flood in Australian history with more than a quarter of a million people evacuated, tens of thousands of buildings destroyed, and over 50 people dead.
Much MUCH worse than what is happening in Colorado, but we didn't make a thread about it did we?

Yet you feel compelled to post your rant.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 10:22 AM
link   
I just got up and read about the fires in Colorado. Trying to contact an online friend that lives
in Colorado Springs but haven't been able to so far. I hope those evacuated will be alright
and that no more homes are lost. I will have all of you in my thoughts and hopes for
a better outcome.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 10:23 AM
link   
Looks like aside from the fires in the city limits, the fire has also moved north. This is from KRDO news, facebook update:

BREAKING NEWS: New preevacuation warnings ordered for southwestern Douglas County. Check dcsheriff.net and stay with KRDO NewsChannel 13 for updates.

www.facebook.com...#!/KRDONewsChannel13

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 10:26 AM
link   
Maybe funding can go into creating a type of system to fight wildfires instead of wasting money on a bunch of other junk. Like the constant creation of inventions to destroy life instead of save life.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Quit making assumptions. What happened in Australia was bad and this is too. This has nothing to do with what's happened or is happening in any other part of the earth. This person lives where the fire is and he's talking about it. No one forced you to come in here and whine like a baby. If it bothers you so much, you should of made a thread to talk about the flooding. No one is stopping you!

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 10:53 AM
link   
I live in the mountains outside of Boulder, and it's just heartbreaking to watch the devastation. These fires are moving SO fast the firefighters can barely put a dent in containment.

If you live in Colorado or in nearby states and have room for people who have lost their home that would be a GREAT way to help your fellow man/woman. Hundreds of people have lost their homes and tens of thousands have been evacuated all over the state.

Colorado is one of the most beautiful states in the USA, while I know wildfires are necessary when they get out of control it's plain scary. The bear activity has been up because they are being uprooted from their homes all over the state and they are probably in a panic as well.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 11:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Imightknow

Any word on the Boulder fire? I have not heard any updates on that one, any containment?

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 11:05 AM
link   
Cell phone service is almost non-exsitant now.... cant get through to anyone...and i dont got a land line.

Text is working tho.
edit on 27-6-2012 by ManicDepresive1 because: added line

Heavy Smoke and server overload is what am hearing.
edit on 27-6-2012 by ManicDepresive1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by ManicDepresive1
Cell phone service is almost non-exsitant now.... cant get through to anyone...and i dont got a land line.

Text is working tho.
edit on 27-6-2012 by ManicDepresive1 because: added line

Heavy Smoke and server overload is what am hearing.
edit on 27-6-2012 by ManicDepresive1 because: (no reason given)

This feels an awful lot like Katrina now....

Cell repeaters have a power backup system inside.. no reason for them to go offline unless the entire repeater was engulfed in flames long enough to burn off the cable itself (possible for a few, but not all of them)...

One to three fires, held within a specific time period after the first lightning strike?.. probable, even likely..

But "multiple" fires outside the area of the storm, and constantly "jumping" break lines (which firefighters know that a break wide enough prevents jumping, especially if you wet the ground) AND now massive evacuations being made mandatory, along with red tape being hurled to prevent actual firefighting form being more successful, smacks of "Something just ain't right in Colorado Springs"...

Go locate a repeater, and with an electrical magnetometer (used to check current flow rates) and see fif it is getting power, if it is?. . then you have a whole lot more to worry about then some fire, and are not even aware of it ...

This just does not meet the smell test for a natural occurrence...

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 11:44 AM
link   

butthurt much?

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 11:56 AM
link   
I found a twitter tracker that is following the fire(s). This might be of help to the people in the thick of this.

Fire Tracker

Hope this helps

JT

P.S. some of these pictures are incredible
edit on 27-6-2012 by Greenblaz because: add

edit on 27-6-2012 by Greenblaz because: I can't type!

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by CrimsonKapital
reply to post by Wookiep

You call this an apocalypse? So just because it happened in America it means you can make a thread about it?

Last year us Aussies endured the worst flood in Australian history with more than a quarter of a million people evacuated, tens of thousands of buildings destroyed, and over 50 people dead.
Much MUCH worse than what is happening in Colorado, but we didn't make a thread about it did we?

good point, and because of this we shall direct our attention away from Colorado and its people because the "Aussies" endured much worse....and until something happens that tops the "Aussie" disasters we shall pay no attention and care not one bit about anything or anyone who can't live or die by those "standards"....

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 12:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Greenblaz

Thanks for that link, cool! Those pics of "embers" that fell are pretty amazing.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 12:05 PM
link   
My mom probably already lost her apartment in this fire.... For those that don't know colorado springs if it has gotten to garden of the gods road it's already ate through several neighborhoods and outlying areas. This is simply terrible.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 12:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Wookiep

No problem... stay safe!

JT

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wookiep
reply to post by Trillium

There are a lot of people pretty pissed at the MSM for ignoring this for the most part (and I'm not talking conspiracy types), it really does seem weird...I mean, half a million people live in the Springs. It's not a tiny city, but even if it was, this is not a small situation by any stretch.

I can see why people there would be frustrated. The only news I see is politics and the Middle East, and new movie promotions. Why doesn't our cable news ever cover things that actually matter. I have noticed that they almost never cover disasters unless they are in New York, or it seems that way.

Also, really, with all of our money, technology and equipment, we still can't save people's homes or businesses, seems like we could do a much better job at protecting citizens from harm. I am just venting and realize that the people there are working very hard to put out the fires, but the government should do more.

Please take care and stay safe.
edit on 27-6-2012 by PacificBlue because: can't spell, duh

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 12:07 PM
link   
I realize those of you who are wishing for rain are doing so with the best intentions as it is a natural water sprinkler system and it sounds logical that wetting everything down will help. The problem is that in mountain regions like Colorado Springs rain also means heavy winds. Beings that the fire sits in a pass heavy winds from almost any direction would spread this thing like crazy. This is what happened yesterday and could very well happen later this afternoon and that's whats got me scared. What we need is calm weather with cooler temperatures, way cooler temperatures.
edit on 27-6-2012 by Agarta because: Spelling

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Being an outdoorsy person, this really touched me:

JT

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 12:13 PM
link   
CNN is about to report on the fires and just how big they are. I called in to tip them off to the possible al Qaida Inspire magazine link but I won't hold my breath on that part being repeated by the media. They're reporting on the fire now.

"Firestorm of epic proportions", "Colorado fire doubles in size"

Eta CNN's live broadcast headlines
edit on 27-6-2012 by Sek82 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 12:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Sek82

When I sent the complaints last night to the MSM regarding the lack of coverage I added the link to it as well. We'll have to wait and see how they twist this up into 30 seconds. Who knows maybe they will surprise us and actually cover this story deeper.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join