It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Colorado Springs Apocolypse?! Waldo Canyon Wildfire 32,000 Evacuated, Many Houses/Buildings Burned!

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Foxe

HAHAHAHA if you have ever been inside Cheyenne Mountain(NORAD) and you know what is actually there, you would be laughing as hard as I am at this "Public" report. HAHAHAHAHA

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 02:40 PM
link   
reply to post by OneisOne

now can u add big heavy wind forcast lines?

or just go the opposite direction too the smoke?

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 02:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Agarta

I'm rather offended by your response-type but I won't delve into it. Only that laughing at me was not very nice.

You assume I haven't. Nor was I saying that NORAD was in trouble with this fire. If evacuation was ever needed they would easily leave the base and go into the mountain yes. I was just pointing out that things had indeed been moved out. The facility is more than capable of weathering some fires, yes. The mountain would never fall to a fire.

However, again, I was simply pointing out that the command faculty was not located purely within Cheyenne Mountain and that the fire could disrupt some functions - though more on a personnel level than a operations level.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by ManicDepresive1
We have RAIN!! Just a sprinkle though. Wish they could seed the clouds and make more.

gee,,Wish they could seed the clouds,,, you have too give Credit when and where credit is due,,,

Thank-You for the Rain Dance,, heavy rain possable, due too a cell, in the area,,

Nice Dancing

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 02:48 PM
link   
6224 Wilson Colorado Springs is on fire. They think they can put it out though.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Just talked to my son in Springs, he's east of I-25 off Galley & Powers so they're safe for now. I'm south of Pueblo so they'll come down here if they have to.

Phone service is pretty bad our calls kept getting dropped.

I just heard on KRDO that Obama will be in Springs this friday to assess the situation.

What scares me is that I-25 runs right along the front range if that closes down getting out of Springs could be a nightmare. Yesterday evening around 6 pm cars on I-25 near woodmen had their headlights on because it was so dark due to smoke.

The only problem with thunderstorms right now would be the wind. Not much rain is expected but if a lot falls it could cause flash flooding around the area of the burn scar. 42 lightning to ground strikes is being reported right now.

edit on 6-27-2012 by Morningglory because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Foxe
reply to post by Agarta

I'm rather offended by your response-type but I won't delve into it. Only that laughing at me was not very nice.

You assume I haven't. Nor was I saying that NORAD was in trouble with this fire. If evacuation was ever needed they would easily leave the base and go into the mountain yes. I was just pointing out that things had indeed been moved out. The facility is more than capable of weathering some fires, yes. The mountain would never fall to a fire.

However, again, I was simply pointing out that the command faculty was not located purely within Cheyenne Mountain and that the fire could disrupt some functions - though more on a personnel level than a operations level.

My apologies if you think I was laughing at you, this is not the case. I was instead laughing at the report. They did indeed move some of the projects from Cheyenne Mountain to Peterson I do not deny, however to move the Classified projects from the most secure location in the U.S. to a less secure area is just too absurd to actually believe. Peterson does not have the capability to protect some of the projects within the mountain. NORADS entrance tunnel is over 100 yards long then you come to a solid vault type door 25 feet thick with 8 foot diameter reinforcement bars before you even get into the buildingS(yep 6 of them) all sitting on giant springs so they would bounce rather than take an impact. Then you have 6 more floors under those containing Super Classified projects. I cant give any more about the interior. Not to mention the high powered automatic weapons that are motion sensitive and come up out of the ground all over the mountain.

Again I am not laughing at you at all, nor any disrespect towards you, only the article. Peterson has nothing close to this type of security and I would bet this article was put out to divert attention as it, NORAD, is well know planet wide.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Wookiep

new map of the pre-evacuation zone

Source

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Yep, life here in Colorado has been crazy for us. We're literally watching our world burn at this moment. I'm not too far from the High Park Fire and know many around both that fire and the Waldo Canyon one as well. A few family friends have lost their homes already to both. This is getting rather frightening.

About 2 weeks or so ago my mum actually had to brush ash off of our car from the fires here.

My stepdad actually watched lightning strike up the mountain last week that caused another fire while he was at work. They got that one contained quickly and put out, though, which is definitely good.

This is a panoramic picture I took with my phone shortly after the High Park fire started. This was literally all the smoke covering downtown Fort Collins that day. That night, the smoke was so bad in my area that my sister and I had to walk around with goggles and masks on just to see and breathe. There was a terrible haze surrounding us too from the smoke.

edit on 27/6/2012 by Believer101 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 03:03 PM
link   
It is terrible since I live 30 minutes away from the fire.
I was on the Air Force base a few days ago, and saw the smoke traveling that way. I really hope this fire gets taken care of. I hate to see more people become homeless, and stay in schools, and on military bases.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Morningglory

Yeah the cell service is almost gone except texting seems to work fine. The smoke is so thick its blocking the signal and high demand is the cause I hear.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 03:05 PM
link   
***********SMOKE SPOTTED IN MANITOU SPRINGS*******

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 03:08 PM
link   
reply to post by ManicDepresive1

I've told the kids to text or email me with updates.

I'm hearing the interstate is already getting jammed up because of cars stalling, due to the heat, and looky-loos.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Well, it looks like Obozo is coming to Colorado Springs. It's nice to know that all the fire fighting air support will be grounded so that they can clear the airspace for His Majesty. He should fly into DIA and DRIVE DOWN, so that they can keep the tankers in the air!!!!

Source

Anyway, they've been flying the bombers and snorkel helicopters our of the Jeffco Airport all day. I'd say the planes take off every 10 minutes or so. I took some photos with my phone, but don't have any way to upload them while I'm at work. One of my coworkers left just now while I was outside because he's on pre-evacuation in Boulder. The clouds are coming in right now in northern Colorado, and they're dark. I hope there's rain and not just lightning.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Well I am getting cabin fever, so I am gona go up Hwy 83 to do a little looky loo... and its hot as hell and the car has A.C.

@Morningglory I will be sure to stay awy from I25, but 83 is the overflow route so we will see.

edit on 27-6-2012 by ManicDepresive1 because: added line

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 03:12 PM
link   
i saw john mccain on fox last night (greta van whatever) he said they had proof that illegal aliens set those fires. he did not say mexicans or muslims or whoever. and greta quickly moved on......

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Agarta

Then you have 6 more floors under those containing Super Classified projects. I cant give any more about the interior. Not to mention the high powered automatic weapons that are motion sensitive and come up out of the ground all over the mountain

HEYYY, I saw that episode of Stargate SG1 too

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Juggernog

I have been on the back side of Chyenne and if you happen to get by the perimiter (some have) your met with M.P.s
the motion detectors are like Area 51's, they know your there way before you reach the perimiter.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by ManicDepresive1

Stay safe and report back if you can.

Be sure to take lots of drinking water with you in case you get stuck in traffic.

Winds are getting real strong here in the south. Be careful if the wind starts up you could easily get trapped.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Juggernog

I must have missed that one. My Father was the Chief of Security at NORAD and was the one responsible for installing the weapons on the mountain, so I know first hand a lot of what is there and NORAD is much more than just a few computer screens watching the sky and the space around this planet. I will have to bring SG1 on Netflix and check it out.

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join