It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Colorado Springs Apocolypse?! Waldo Canyon Wildfire 32,000 Evacuated, Many Houses/Buildings Burned!

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Storm watch currently

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wookiep
reply to post by OneisOne

Area of West Colorado Ave. at 31st? I did not hear that. I'm packing up now just in case.

That one was posted by The Gazette. @csgazette
I think it was reported as one of the reverse 911 calls.

If you are in the area & didn't get a call you might want to check and see if that info is accurate. So far KKTV has not listed or mentioned it.

Good luck and my thoughts are with you!!!

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fishticon84
I dont mean to fear monger, but..

Isn't the main Lockheed Martin manufacturing facility (where nukes and other bombs are built) in Colorado Springs?

No, Chatfield Reservior area to the SW of Denver is where NORADs missle silos and nuke holding bays are housed.

However there are some seriously important command and control areas of our nuke defense system in Colorado Springs including NORAD itself.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by navy_vet_stg3

Originally posted by Agarta
What the heck is going on. Why is nature picking on you guys?

Punishment for trading Tim Tebow?

BEST POST EVER!

*tebowing now

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Wookiep

I was out there April 20, 2011 and I hate to say it, but the trees were ate up and I thought to myself that only fire could stop the beetles. It is really a sad affair that so many are effected, but on the upside the forest will be reborn without the beetle problems!

It is the natural order of things. We know that if we build on the shore of a river that floods, or build in a forest that is dependant on forest fires that it is just a matter of time until disaster strikes.
edit on 27-6-2012 by Donkey_Dean because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Rain??? I don't see rain. I am at Powers and Barnes area and no rain here.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by BobAthome
well if that aint,, hail ,mingled with fire,, or was it fire mingled with hail??,

It is and you NAILED exectly what we are all witnessing. 1st trumpet is sounding.

God Bless,

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by ElohimJD

Isn't the main Lockheed Martin manufacturing facility (where nukes and other bombs are built) in Colorado Springs?

No, Chatfield Reservior area to the SW of Denver is where NORADs missle silos and nuke holding bays are housed.

However there are some seriously important command and control areas of our nuke defense system in Colorado Springs including NORAD itself.

This is true but not even a direct hit on NORAD with a nuclear weapon is a serious threat. There is no way NORAD is in danger, even if all of Cheyenne Mountain were ablaze.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Here's another live feed:

www.koaa.com...

I seem to be having trouble with all the feeds

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Wookiep

Best of Luck to you all - Be Safe

KKTV 11 News
10 seconds ago.More clarification on these new evacuations:

Pleasant Valley
-Gateway Road to the north, heading east to North 30th Street, which then heads south to Fontanero Street and west to 31st Street
-South on 31st Street to Highway 24
-West on Highway 24 to the Colorado Springs city limits; at this point the boundary follows the city limit north and slightly west to Garden Lane
-Garden Lane north to Gateway Road
Holland Park
-Garden of the Gods Road as the northern boundary
-Centennial Blvd is the western boundary
-I-25 is the eastern boundary
-Fillmore Street as the southern boundary

Source

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 01:59 PM
link   
I know a couple cheap ways to extinguish that fire within minutes. It's cool and awesome at the same time.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 02:01 PM
link   
This is very freaky stuff, stay safe everyone!

This is like the Northern Alberta Slave Lake fire of 2011 that burned down half the town. It has only a population of roughly 7,000 though, so I sure hope nothing even close happens to Colorado Springs.

Everyone who is in the area please pack up and be ready to flee on a moments notice! Better to be prepared than caught unaware.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Douglas County Sheriff
says evacuate to the North.
can someone post a pic?
showing evac route in RED,
like a Google thingy,,,
might help, for those that are reading, this,, and are in the Area.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by BobAthome

The Gazette has a map on their website.

gazette.com

Hope that helps!

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Here is the latest evac, order ....3 hrs old. Very detailed map.

reply to post by BobAthome

edit on 27-6-2012 by ManicDepresive1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Man this is getting crazy...I spent most of my young life growing up in the Springs. To see places that I know burning like that is just so...surreal.

My parents told me that C-130s from Peterson (or Shriever?) have been dumping fire retardant around it on a regular basis, but at that size it seems to just go with the wind regardless. They also said that they had to stay inside the other day because of the amount of smoke blowing around (it's pretty much everywhere) Hopefully they'll get it under control soon, basically everyone I've ever known lives just south of there.
edit on 27-6-2012 by CaptainIraq because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agarta

Originally posted by ElohimJD

This is true but not even a direct hit on NORAD with a nuclear weapon is a serious threat. There is no way NORAD is in danger, even if all of Cheyenne Mountain were ablaze.

In 2006, NORAD chose to move the bulk of Cheyenne Mountain's operations to nearby Peterson Air Force Base in order to reduce duplication of function between the two sites. On July 28, 2006, NORAD renamed the facility as the Cheyenne Mountain Directorate, and placed the operations center on "warm stand-by," meaning that the facility will be maintained and ready for use on short notice as necessary, but not used on a daily basis.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 02:30 PM
link   
I have been brought to tears by the vids, picts, and comments. I lived in Colorado (Aspen) years ago, and once you live anywhere in Colorado it's hard to leave because it is so crazy beautiful.

You guys take care, and remember to keep your vehicle full of gas, and check to see if your spare tire is in good condition.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Here is a link showing the Colorado Springs fire and evacuation info on Google Maps...

Google Maps - CO Springs fire

Again, everybody be safe and best of luck...

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 02:36 PM
link   
We have RAIN!! Just a sprinkle though. Wish they could seed the clouds and make more.

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join