It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why UFO's Are Not Visiting Planet Earth.

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by quantumfluctuation
Imagine we discovered a primitive civilisation on a planet orbiting a star that, due to advances over coming decades, is within our range of manned exploration

Would we simply land on this other planet and ignore the risk of destabilising their civilisation ?

You watch too much Star Trek...We would most likely eat them and rape their planet....We eat and extint everything here on earth so why not another planet....WE ARE the evil aliens...one day...

edit on 29-6-2012 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by renegade1179
70% of your replies are "show me the proof," just like 70% of the "aliens aren't here" threads. The argument is VERY old and I'm sure many people can agree. Nobody here or elsewhere owes you people any proof at all because most of us are looking for personal experiences and when it happens, it's great. If you're all antsy pantsy about not seeing a UFO, get out of your parents' house and spend more time outdoors.

I have always said that Aliens is the next faith based religion...you are my proof....

edit on 29-6-2012 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by alldaylong
Imagine the scenario. Alien beings from the far flung depths of space, travel for trillions of miles to reach Planet Earth. When they arrive here what do they do? They fly around in our atmosphere, in their brighly lit space craft. They don't land and make themselves known to the locals. They don't land and make themselves known to the wider world.

In the Middle Ages, European explorers traveled the high seas to discover new worlds. The likes of Cook, Drake, Magellan, Columbus etc found these new worlds. What did they do when they arrived? They went ashore and made themselves known to the natives. They certainly didn't just "Float Around" on the sea and keep a safe distance. The Natives would have found these European strangers most "Alien" to themselves

So ET travelling the vast distance of space and "Floating Around" above The Earth. Come on, it's not on is it?

I dont know, what do we do when we study gorillas ? If we jump right in we would be killed. So kinda makes sense. It might be as easy to travel around space like we fly in planes, so why would you land in a hostile environment ?

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 03:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by jamdan
reply to post by Jay-morris

I've said all I want to say to you chief, so try not to bum yourself up too much. There's way more interesting things on ATS than this thread!

No wonder you did not have a bad thing to say about
the OP, as you ate pretty much the same as him. At the
end of the day, i was right. I said he would vanish as soon
as questions came up he could not answer, and oh look,
he vanished.

You, havr brought nothing to your thread, pretty much like
your other posts on this site. Yoy are more obsessed with
sticking up for someone that is clealy wrong, though you know
you will never admit that.

Why dont we talk about the ufo cases i brought up? Oh, that's
right, you cant talk about things you know nothing about!

But hey, trolls like to stick together dont they

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 06:00 AM
link   

Well sir, I consider you to be the troll here, hanging around this thread like neds at a bus stop. In any case, I refer you to the reply I gave you some hours before.

It's not all about you, you know....
edit on 30-6-2012 by jamdan because: minor typographical error, soon rectified and then signed out to finish cup of steaming fresh coffee.

edit on 30-6-2012 by jamdan because: bo, selecta.

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by jamdan

Well sir, I consider you to be the troll here, hanging around this thread like neds at a bus stop. In any case, I refer you to the reply I gave you some hours before.

It's not all about you, you know....
edit on 30-6-2012 by jamdan because: minor typographical error, soon rectified and then signed out to finish cup of steaming fresh

coffee.

edit on 30-6-2012 by jamdan because: bo, selecta.

Obviously you dont know what a troll is
Im not the
one making threads on subjects i know norhing about.
Ignoring posts and evidence and saying its all rubbish. On
top of that, he has the cheek to say that some crop circles
are not man made lol lol And when i ask him to look at cases i
posted an explain how he can say all ufo cases are rubbish, but
believe some crop circles are man made. And what does he do?
he vanishes from his thread, like i said he would, and what trolls
normally do.

And all you have done on this thread is stick up for him, even when
he is clearly wrong. Trolls like to stick together.

As for me being a troll lol If you think im a troll for
showing these people up with evidence, then im a troll lol
when its obvious he is a troll
edit on 30-6-2012 by Jay-morris because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 10:59 AM
link   
reply to post by thesearchfortruth

*When you go out to rake your lawn, do you talk to the squirrels?**

Don't have a lawn, but I *do* talk to the squirrels. And I *do* get a response of curiosity, if not friendliness in some cases. One crawled into my lap- ever so gently- looking for treats. Seeing none, it still wanted to hang around. Then again, I do weird, weird stuff when it comes to animals. Bluejay babies who have no fear of me, crows, squirrels, dogs, cats... I have a pic of the bluejay baby on my shoulder on Icanhascheezburger.

Now on to the fun stuff: My g/f and I *saw* a spaceship. Not a UFO- it was at power line level, it was lit, and the danged alien turned on the cabin light to boot. Did we have cameras? Of course not! *grumble*. My g/f saw the alien. She saw it so clear, I could reconstruct the alien's head in Mudbox (3d software for the uninformed).

It has an elongated skull, lizard like skin, and looked muscular. I can add pics if anyone wants to see them.

Anyways- who's says we aren't like pets or animals to the Jane Goodalls of the E.T world?
edit on 22-7-2012 by wylekat because: grammar? me?

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Well where else in the Universe can you get totally off your tits for less than the equivalent of a 10 Rigelian cents, razz the locals and have them go..... oooooooooooooooooooo ahhhhhh isn't that purdy? . Leave the indigenous law enforcement trailing in your wake whilst randomly turning off their weapon and tracking systems and still be home for the repeats of "I Love Lilith" without the folks knowing you even used the "roadster"?

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 11:28 AM
link   
I believe the number of very credible UFO incidents is strong evidence that UFOs exist.
Even if 99.9% of UFO incidents are wrong that still leaves a large number which cannot be dismissed.
To travel here faster than the speed of light indicates their level of technology would be far beyond our current comprehension of physics and the universe.
This level of technology would enable them to scan everything including us and all life on Earth for scientific research.
They would have no need to invade or conquer a planet. They could probably construct one to their own specifications, thus with this level of advanced technology all they would be interested in doing is observing the path evolutionary biology took on our planet. Like a human scientist observing an ant colony in the wild.
That's my 2c anyway.

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 04:27 PM
link   
reply to post by JimTSpock

You might as well talk to a brick wall, rather than the OP.
He could not answer my questions, so he put me on his
ignore list. His friend, also clueless on the subject has vanished
from the thread too
Thread is dead, so it seems.

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 05:31 PM
link   

hi , i'll answer your questions from a skeptics pov. what do you want to know?

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 06:17 PM
link   
reply to post by alldaylong

And what makes you so sure that they even think like you and I at all?They could have there own reasons on why they do what they do.
No one can be certain for sure on what their motives are.

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 06:29 PM
link   
reply to post by yeti101

The problem with the OP, is he dismissed all ufo sightings.
Believed there was no inknown sightings or cases, and they
could all be explained. This was annoying, considering he
knew nothing about the subject, and even ignored cases i,
and others posted.

There is nothing wrong with being skeptical. Skeptics are needed
in this subject that is filled with alot of junk and hardcore believers.

As for me. I believe that some cases defy explanation, and need further,
serious investigation. I will not, and nor should anyone else say these crafts
are ET. For that i would need evidence, and there is no evidence that
100% proves this. So, all they are, are ufos.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Here we go. First off you are not talking about UFOs you are talking about aliens. The idea that alien life exist elsewhere at this point is pretty much accepted by everyone except for the religious folks. The debate now centers around whether or not they are intelligent and if the technology exist to get them here. So you are really gonna base your entire argument on what their intentions could be when there could be countless ones? Here's one then. Perhaps they don't think or act like humans? Who said they come from far far away?
edit on 23-7-2012 by infiniteobserver because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 06:07 PM
link   
being a humans, would mean that we'd think with a human mentality, if we were birds we would have their instincts.
our values, ideas, course of action are different from the other species on earth.we aren't like bees nor salmons.
Humans could understand the simple motives animals have, but you wouldn't expect the same from the lower species to understand your motives right?
so, you shouldn't expect that the Aliens would think same as we do.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 07:53 PM
link   
They have many ways of visiting

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 08:03 PM
link   

While your post is interesting, I think it is erroneous to frame the mindset of a species that has the capability of reaching distances we still can barely fathom to the explorers of centuries past.

Why?

They had a simple goal:

Territory, Power & Money.

What has man done since then with centuries of technological and social innovation / evolution:

Create drones, find solutions that take risk off the table, seek efficient ways to garner resources.

I am not contending that this is what THEY would do . . .I just think that framing the mindset of a species that is (at least) technology beyond ours is not a level playing field for analysis.

Just my two cents from San Francisco.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 03:09 AM
link   
People need to stop inferring life as intelligent life. Intelligent life is on a completely different level. Do your extraterrestrial calculations of the universe and remember the ratio on earth of intelligent life to non-intelligent life. Remember the ratio of years of intelligent life to the the years without intelligent life. Your calculations of the universe teaming with intelligent beings aren't as likely as you make them out to be.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 10:23 AM
link   

As I would say to somebody that posts a picture his 4 year old draw of something they think they saw, who believes that that is proof that we've been visited: do you have proof that we have, or that we haven't? No? Well then, how can you say for definite that we haven't? You can't, so this was a totally pointless topic.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 01:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by DaemonD14

As I would say to somebody that posts a picture his 4 year old draw of something they think they saw, who believes that that is proof that we've been visited: do you have proof that we have, or that we haven't? No? Well then, how can you say for definite that we haven't? You can't, so this was a totally pointless topic.

The burden of proof doesn't fall onto the non-believers, it falls onto the believers to deliver tangible proof of alien beings visiting earth or piloting "UFOs".

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join