It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why UFO's Are Not Visiting Planet Earth.

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 08:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by alldaylong
Imagine the scenario. Alien beings from the far flung depths of space, travel for trillions of miles to reach Planet Earth. When they arrive here what do they do? They fly around in our atmosphere, in their brighly lit space craft. They don't land and make themselves known to the locals. They don't land and make themselves known to the wider world.

In the Middle Ages, European explorers traveled the high seas to discover new worlds. The likes of Cook, Drake, Magellan, Columbus etc found these new worlds. What did they do when they arrived? They went ashore and made themselves known to the natives. They certainly didn't just "Float Around" on the sea and keep a safe distance. The Natives would have found these European strangers most "Alien" to themselves

So ET travelling the vast distance of space and "Floating Around" above The Earth. Come on, it's not on is it?

April 24th, 1964
Gary Wilcox youtube, his testimony is there.
April 24th 1964- youtube, his testimony is there.
Donald Shrum 1964 - Book - Aliens in The Forest,

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 08:31 AM
link   
reply to post by DaemonD14

Well put, could'nt agree more.

Id like to share an observation, or maybe an inspiration that I "felt" as I watched a movie...that movie being the opening scene of Prometheus.
I was fascinated by the scene of flying in the "Craft" over a planet, observing that planet from above, and having an incredible feeling of majesty, in awe of the landscape below....
I then thought about my feelings in a similar scenario....
I would think most people have flown in some type of Aircraft, many people, myself included, pick a window seat, simply to be able to look out that window and watch the Earth below, the sky above and totally divorce oneself from the sameness of life "Down There"...an almost God like feeling of all those little ants (people) going about there lives and me up in the sky looking down.
A similar feeling is felt riding a motorcycle, or cruising in your car on the open road, just you watching the Earth go by in/on your little ship, observing and taking in the changing scenery.

What if, these visitors, are simply observing us, with no desire for interaction, other than the odd landing for samples and probing. What if they have travelled a great distance or have bases on the Moon or other planets, they would, Like us, feel safe and secure in their craft, and no doubt, would feel god like, flying above the helter skelter of humanity below.

What if they simply want to observe.....And actually enjoy looking at Earth, it varied terrain, its seasons, its pretty lights of the Humans at night, its storms and static electricity.
What if we are the "Movie" for them, and provide some degree of entertainment or stimulation for them.
Probably a naive way of looking at the situation, but they have not "Exterminated" us yet, and they have had plenty of opportunity, as human military has apparently fired on them on several occasions.

Maybe we are the 3 stooges, and they are having a great laugh.
Or we are just a stop off point in their travels, for liquid H2O and some organic sustenance.

Or maybe none of the above.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 08:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Imtor

I love your spin on "Classified Documents" By the very nature that such documents are "Classified" then how do you know they exist? Do you have proof they do?

If someone is a "Believer" then the burden of proof is on them to show the evidence. I have nothing to dis-prove because nothing has manifested itself to the wider world.

Just think about it and don't be easily lead by the wacko's

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 11:52 AM
link   
reply to post by alldaylong

If you've looked at the declassified UFO files by CIA and the declassified ones by the UK, doesn't it suggest that documents are being classified? Unfotunately these declassified documents as I see never had the rank 'Secret' or 'Top Secret' and no wonder the information in them is useless.

Still, you can see some photos of UFOs and saucers, there is no reason to not think there are more documents that probably won't be released any time soon.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Imagine the scenario. Alien beings from the far flung depths of space, travel for trillions of miles to reach Planet Earth. When they arrive here what do they do? They fly around in our atmosphere, in their brighly lit space craft. They don't land and make themselves known to the locals. They don't land and make themselves known to the wider world.

The problem here is that we cannot fathom what a "super civilization" could have developed technology-wise, for them, space-travel could be as easy to be at some other location anywhere in the universe within the snap of a finger.

We cannot conclude from our current, human technology (which is rather primitive in terms of space travel)..that "they" would face the same challenges. The more "fantastic" theories about UFO propulsion etc. go so far as to state that UFO propulsion could work in a way as to bend space itself....in simple words: For such an advanced technology "distance" would not be a problem anymore.

But here is my own thought in regards to this:

We could assume that a super advanced civilization is indeed technologically and mentally far, far more advanced than humans. This would mean that humans do not pose a thread whatsoever and that BASICALLY the "visitors" would be free to do whatever they want - it would be extremely irrelevant for them how we react when they would land, and be it in the midst of NYC to take soil samples or humans for "testing".

(Similar as we don't in particular care about our appearance or behavior if we go to a zoo to watch some fish or monkeys etc.)

But THEN it is astonishing that whatever the alleged visitors do, they do NOT do it out in the open, they do not just appear here and there or land wherever they want including major cities - if they are indeed so advanced they simply would not need to care *at all*. This is what i personally don't understand.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Still waiting for your evidence that some crop circles
ate not man made. You way you talk about the ufo
subject, yoy must have some amazing evidence that
makes you believe that some circles are not man made.

Or are you jist a hypocrite?

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Jay-morris

What have crop circles got to do with a post about if UFO's are real or not? You have lost me. Nice try thought to try and divert the subject.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 04:29 PM
link   

What have crop circles got to do with a post about if UFO's are real or not? You have lost me. Nice try thought to try and divert the subject.

It has alot to do with this thread. You are basically saying there
is no evidence that some ufos are unexplained. Even though people
have posted cases that you ignore. And in another thread, you have
stated that you believe that some crop circles are not man made, even
though there is no 100% evidence that this is the case.

So, please explain your logic? Its got nothing to do with diverting the thread.
Im basically showing that you are a hypocrite, and a troll.

So again, please tell us the damning evidence that proves that some crop
circles are not man made.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 04:38 PM
link   

If you want to start a new thread on Crop Circles then why don't you do so? I am sure you will get a fair amount of contributors to it.

You are more then welcome to stay in this guys camp:-

www.dailymail.co.uk...

I will stay in this camp:-

en.wikipedia.org...

You can have Pope who has gone Ga Ga. I will stay with the well respected Sagan.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 04:54 PM
link   

See, you cant answer my question! Its because you can't
answer it, like many of my other questions. Just peoves
you are a troll and a hypocrite. I give you a simple question,
and you dodge it and use the exuse that it has nothing to
do with ufos lol Its has everything to do with this thread
because you are basically saying you believe that some crop
circles are not man made, which there is no evidence for, but
then you make up this thread saying there is no evidence that
some ufos are unexplained! LOL

Gotta love the trolls on this site lol

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Don't feel to put out about man, he won't even acknowledge my posts....
I guess if you can't answer the questions, you dazzle them with Bull shiz.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by ViktorHaze

Thats what he has done all through this thread. He asks for
evidence, and when you post cases, he ignores them. Check
out his post history, he is def a troll

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by TaintThinner

Originally posted by VoidHawk
Well, if I were travelling through space and I found earth and saw what the stupid humans were doing to each other I think I'd hang back a little too. Good god, they migh want to eat me, or worse!!!

You said everything I was thinking about posting, but you were much shorter and to the point.
edit on 26-7-2012 by TaintThinner because: Spelling typo

I'm not a man of many words, my children cringe when we go places because they say I'm too blunt and people think I'm being rude

However, I stick to what I said about aliens. What on earth must they think when they look down on this planet

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Thing is, I'm not even what you would call a "believer".
I think there is something going on.
What that is, is anybodies guess.
I do know that people see stuff in the sky that is unexplainable.
Alien?
I used to think yes, then just maybe, and now, doubtful, but not entirely impossible.
It's probably far more complicated and fantastic then we could imagine.
What I don't do is disregard all evidence because some smarmy git like Micheal Shermer or Jim Oberg come along and say that we are all out of our minds, when they don't have a clue either.
I remain open minded and curious as we all should, even if 99% of it is just rare weather or atmospheric effects.
That would still be fascinating.

I could never quite understand the rapid skeptic or fanatical believer in anything.
A rational adult with any amount of life experience realises the world isn't that black and white, and is certainly far stranger while being mundane at the same time, than one can imagine.
I guess it is some sort of defense mechanism that allows one to not get spooked by what one donesn't know.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Thing is, I'm not even what you would call a "believer".
I think there is something going on.
What that is, is anybodies guess.
I do know that people see stuff in the sky that is unexplainable.
Alien?
I used to think yes, then just maybe, and now, doubtful, but not entirely impossible.
It's probably far more complicated and fantastic then we could imagine.
What I don't do is disregard all evidence because some smarmy git like Micheal Shermer or Jim Oberg come along and say that we are all out of our minds, when they don't have a clue either.
I remain open minded and curious as we all should, even if 99% of it is just rare weather or atmospheric effects.
That would still be fascinating.

I could never quite understand the rapid skeptic or fanatical believer in anything.
A rational adult with any amount of life experience realises the world isn't that black and white, and is certainly far stranger while being mundane at the same time, than one can imagine.
I guess it is some sort of defense mechanism that allows one to not get spooked by what one donesn't know.

I hear ya! I believe that some ufo cases are complete unknowns, and need further investigation. That does not mean i believe them to be ET, because we just dont know. But trolls like the OP have no clue on the subject, and this troll, has proved to be a hypocrite.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Yeah, when he cant answer questions, ne just vanishes from his own thread. Guy is a major troll!

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Who are you exactly? What are you qualifications in the field of "UFO's" Now let me guess. Your entire knowledge is based on the "Stories of UFO's" that you have read. And that's all they are, just stories. You have never done any field research and i would doubt that you have spoken to anyone who has claimed to have seen a "UFO". Your entire belief is based on at best, second and third hand knowledge.
People like you make me sick. You pontificate that you know that the subject matter is for real. You have as much knowledge as i do. Untill "UFO's" are proved beyond doubt that they are for real then the subject is not worth even debating.

Yes i believe that some crop circles are not man made. Why? because serious research has been carried out into something that people can see, stand in, touch, and examine. When did you do any of that with a "UFO"? Because one persons says that he has seen something that is "Unidentified" doesn't mean it cannot be identified by someone else.

Here is some news that won't please people like you and you ilk:-

www.abovetopsecret.com...

People who believe in "UFO" have something missing in their lives. Why don't you get out more and live in the real world.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Who are you exactly? What are you qualifications in the field of "UFO's" Now let me guess. Your entire knowledge is based on the "Stories of UFO's" that you have read. And that's all they are, just stories. You have never done any field research and i would doubt that you have spoken to anyone who has claimed to have seen a "UFO". Your entire belief is based on at best, second and third hand knowledge. 
People like you make me sick. You pontificate that you know that the subject matter is for real. You have as much knowledge as i do. Untill "UFO's" are proved beyond doubt that they are for real then the subject is not worth even debating. 

what a complete load of rubbish! Your logic amazes me!
So, you are basically saying that because i have not seen
a ufo, or dont know anyone who has seen a ufo, and have
not gone out myself and investigated a case, then that means
i know nothing about the subject! Give me a break!
Cases are looked at by believers and skeptics. Many cases
are well documentated, and yes, some ufo cases defy explanation.
Oh, also we have cases that involve multiple witnesess, radar and pilot
witnesess. There are a few great unexplained militery and navy cases that
also include multiple witnesess and radar evidence.

But you dont know this because you dont even research cases, as has been
proven time and time again on this thread.People like you make me sick
because you come to a conclusion, even though you know nothing about
the subject.

Yes i believe that some crop circles are not man made. Why? because serious research has been carried out into something that people can see, stand in, touch, and examine. When did you do any of that with a "UFO"? Because one persons says that he has seen something that is "Unidentified" doesn't mean it cannot be identified by someone else. 

Here is some news that won't please people like you and you ilk:- 

LOL And where is the evidence that proves some crop circles
are not man made. Please, provide us with the so called evidence.
See, now everyone can see on this thread how much of a hypocrite
troll you really are lol

People who believe in "UFO" have something missing in their lives. Why don't you get out more and live in the real world.

I have a very good life thank you. I make a living as an artist. I am
married to a beautiful woman, and i have a ten month old daughter.
I have lived in china, travelled tibet and china, and been to many other
places. You see, your so arragont and ignorant, you think you know
what my life is like lol

Im sad? Im not the one making a fool of myself by starting a thread
on a subject i know nothing about, and saying its crap.

I think your the one that needs to get out more!

edit on 29-7-2012 by Jay-morris because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 12:33 AM
link   
Why even bother feeding this troll. Unless I'm greatly mistaken, he is an alt of an older person who used to post rudely as well. Comments about whackos, and telling people to "do something" with their lives instead of pursuing UFO study reeks of trolling (or disinfo - probably the former though).

Just let threads like this die - they are pointless.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 03:47 AM
link   

On the 25th July i challenged anyone to put up a photograph of a "UFO" that couldn't be disputed as being "The Real Thing". And guess what? Nothing has appeared.
Either put up or shut up. I rest my case.

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15 >>

join