It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why UFO's Are Not Visiting Planet Earth.

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 09:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Ectoplasm8

I could not agree more. However, the OP has not provided us with anything but conjecture and opinion. He doesn't need to prove anything but nor does stating that something hasn't happened mean it hasn't happened.

The suggestion that life more intelligent than our own wouldn't just sit and observe us and run tests on us and so on is quite ridiculous, when you consider that various animal species are constantly 'observed' by humans themselves, from fish and insects, to plant life and straight up to our very own genus, gorillas and chimps. We learn more by observation than we do anything; watching how they interact with each, how their societies are formed and the order of these societies break down. We like to watch these species in their natural habitats and, well... just basically see what they get up to because we learn more about them that way. We consider ourselves vastly intelligent to these animals, so if there is a race of beings that has created craft to travel across vast swathes of galaxy, to then come across us, why would they not just observe us?

I know a lot of people favour the idea that if there is life more intelligent than us they'd have interacted with us by now, most probably violently but that doesn't have to be true. We're the most violent, brutal and war-mongering species on this planet but we don't always destroy every new type of plant or animal we come across.

Also, I can imagine that, to a chimp or gorilla, seeing a guy show up in a jeep and sit watching him is just as weird to that poor bastard gorilla as seeing a small, skinny, meat-headed alien show up in a flying saucer and stand at the bottom of his bed. We, as humans, are just so used to being at the top of the pile that we just can't conceive of another, more intelligent and advanced race just wanted to see us interact with each other and 'be humans'.

Incidentally, this is just an opinion of mine. I'm not stating it as fact. But if the OP can state an opinion as if it's fact, then... can't I?
edit on 25/7/12 by DaemonD14 because: Spelling error.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by DaemonD14

Let me throw this at you. The SETI@Home project was established in 1999. There are 5.2 million participants on the project. And guess what? In the 13 years it has been up and running they have found NOTHING. Those pesky UFO's that some people think have been visiting Planet Earth have not had the decency to let slip a single signal that could be detected.

Funny that.

en.wikipedia.org...@home

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by alldaylong

I'm not saying they are here but that is not one of the better arguments as to why they might not be here.

We have scientist that on a daily basis go and invade numerous species and study them while trying to not interfere with their enviroment.

In addition, why would Humans go and introduce themselves to less evolved species such as apes? We wouldn't.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by interupt42

I say this to the UFO believers, show me ONE SINGLE photograph of a UFO that can be proved to be beyond doubt as being authentic.

What i love about the believers is that they always quote from reports of EX Military personnel. If these EX military personnel where so sure as to what they witnessed then why didn't they come out into the open when they where still serving in the military?
The reason they come out with these wild claims AFTER they have left the military is for one simple reason. It's a MONEY SPINNER for them.
They don't have the courage of there convictions if these stories they spin where in fact true.

As for your argument about "They Only Come To Observe" i suggest you read this:-

www.christs.cam.ac.uk...

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Well, the troll is back. You thought you could vanish from the
thread for a little while and hope you wouldnt have to answer
the questions you have ignored. Where is your friend? Is he
going to make an appearence to back you up again.

As for seti. Seti is not there to track ufos. Seti is there to
Scan the galaxies for signs of life, which is like a needle
in a hay stack. So, seti has nothing to do with tracking ufos.

You are asking people to show you just one photo that proves
ufos are real. You believe that some crop circles are not man made.

Show me the evidence that some are not man made. If you cant,
that makes you a hypocrite, and someone we should not take too
seriously.

I await your "evidence"
edit on 25-7-2012 by Jay-morris because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 05:22 PM
link   
Jay mate. You need to calm down. I am not conspiring with ADL. However I have noticed your not very clever use of RTT - Reverse Trolling Technique. It's a lovely warm evening. Go out and look at the stars if they are visible. Wonder at the staggering distance their light has travelled to reach your brain via your optic nerves, which have evolved for this very purpose over millions of years.

Consider this unimaginable distance for a while. Then let it go. Let this thread go, for all our sakes.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by jamdan
Jay mate. You need to calm down. I am not conspiring with ADL. However I have noticed your not very clever use of RTT - Reverse Trolling Technique. It's a lovely warm evening. Go out and look at the stars if they are visible. Wonder at the staggering distance their light has travelled to reach your brain via your optic nerves, which have evolved for this very purpose over millions of years.

Consider this unimaginable distance for a while. Then let it go. Let this thread go, for all our sakes.

LOL what a suprise! The OP starts posting again in this thread,
and then you turn up again to add absolutly nothing to the thread,
but stick up for someone who is obviously a troll. You cant even
bring yourself to admit thst the OP has ignored posts, knows nothing
about the subject, and is a hypocrite for saying there is no ufo
evidence, while at the same time saying some crop circles are bot
man made lol.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Your most obvious assumption - That in fact, an alien species would behave as we do, or even like a 16th century explorer looking for territory to add to their benefactors empire, is ludicrous.
Who says "They", if they truly do exist are even biological?
A species that has either evolved from or into a mechanical composition, might have zero use for a planet such as ours, and are merely here out of curiosity.
What if they were not even composed of matter but energy?
You suffer from the worst combination of ailments in humanity I'm afraid...Arrogance & ignorance.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 06:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Jay-morris

Not a needle in a haystack...a pin in an infinite field of haystacks, in the middle of the night using a birthday candle.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by ViktorHaze
reply to post by Jay-morris

Not a needle in a haystack...a pin in an infinite
field of haystacks, in the middle of the night using a birthday candle.

Yes

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Show me one picture that jesus existed....
Everything else is just stories written by people who also may have never existed.
Your argument is bunk at best.
And there are a quite a few photo's of unexplainable objects that have never been debunked, hence the term UNIDENTIFIIIIIED FLYING OBJEEEEECT.
That means something moving or hovering in the air that know one is sure what it was.

Your other argument about people in positions of responsibility coming forward while doing their duties...well it happens.
The JAL flight over Alaska for one.
Not military, but still possibly career ending for the pilot, even with additional witnesses.
I could go on for several paragraphs about such sightings, but you have either researched and then chosen to ignore those reports, which makes your OP disingenuous, or you haven't researched in which case you are a TROLL.
Which is it?

edit on 25-7-2012 by ViktorHaze because: mis-type makes you look stupid if you don't fixxy...

edit on 25-7-2012 by ViktorHaze because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Spy planes fly all over Earth, and their operators don't broadcast their presence either...
You gotta laugh at pseudo skeptics calling 'believers" out on stupidity.
For a board that trumpets deny ignorance there sure is a lot of members who have no idea what that sentiment even means.

edit on 25-7-2012 by ViktorHaze because: typing annoyed cause hasty grammatical errors...

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 07:41 PM
link   
Dr. Howard Percy Robertson knew a great deal about UFOs, but you will not find any such information in his papers, even to debunk them. Nothing.

Nor will you find that he was a classified employee of the CIA.

One suggestion I would make to anyone who is really serious about UFOs is to try and locate Dr. Robertson's UFO papers. If they still exist, though, I think that will be very difficult

www.oac.cdlib.org...:/13030/kt3s2026qn/
edit on 25-7-2012 by DrSwampGas because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 03:28 AM
link   
reply to post by DaemonD14

Yes Naturalist's on Earth on sit and observe and don't interact and get up close don't they?

Oh !!!

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 03:31 AM
link   

You are complete idiot. Do you really think anyone with an oath to stay in secrecy or else - his family, not just himself, would talk about it? You are saying they are not speaking because of making money. Your comments and posts and why you think so are laughable.

You know nothing of classified documents, so far nothing has been revealed. You know nothing of a lot of cases, basically you are only coming to post some random opinion without any knowledge of the topic.

So thousands of documents all talk about some other beings and you are saying that all the tons of documents and people are wasting their time to make 10000000 pages worth of information only to lie people about it? Common sense, where are you? Is this certain that aliens are visiting? No it's not, can you be certain about them not visiting with all the information? No you cannot - ordinary people probably have more credibility than gov people who may have reasons to lie, point is, something is happening.

I say think before making so stupid threads.
edit on 26-7-2012 by Imtor because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 03:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by VoidHawk
Well, if I were travelling through space and I found earth and saw what the stupid humans were doing to each other I think I'd hang back a little too. Good god, they migh want to eat me, or worse!!!

You said everything I was thinking about posting, but you were much shorter and to the point.
edit on 26-7-2012 by TaintThinner because: Spelling typo

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 07:03 AM
link   

Your point of view on this subject is childish.
You obviously have no interest in doing anything to further the discussion in a way that will result in any questions being answered, except for one, and I think Imtor just hit the nail on the head.
I suggest you find another subject that would suit your taste and spur your intellect to new heights.
Perhaps a thread on why Snooki won't answer your many letters.

I would like to know more about this Dr. Robertson though, I'm not familiar with his research...
Is he the same Robertson of The Robertson panel?

NVM, he is, and I am familiar with most of it.
Very intriguing, even from a ambivalent POV such as mine....
edit on 26-7-2012 by ViktorHaze because: it's really, really, late...

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 07:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Imtor

And you call more an idiot? You my friend are the one who believes in a subject that has not one shred of tangible proof to support it.
The UFO believers depend on stories told by others. If you want to see what an idiot looks like then look in the mirror. The word "gullible" was intended for people like yourself.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 07:53 AM
link   

I've seen more tangible proof of ufo's than I have of any god.
......but people like that suppressed perv Ken Hovind,who believes that god made a banana shaped like a penis so it fits in your hand (among other places), are considered credible.
Just stop.
You have yet to address any of the legitimate documents that have been brought up, and your circular debating "skills", are not only ineffective, they are uninteresting, uneducated, and not researched.
You may not be an idiot, but you most certainly are foolish.
In fact, I suspect, your true intention is to stir up emotions and get reactions out of people by essentially saying "I don't care if there are interesting cases that are seriously unexplainable, I'm just here to irritate you because I have control and attention issues, because my mom won't let me do what I want all of the time, and it makes me feel better to make you feel helpless in the face of stupidity, neener-neener-neener....".
Maybe come back when you have grown up and learned a little about how to not only get your point across in an adult conversation, and actually enjoy a two sided conversation without resorting to putting your fingers in your ears and bleating LA-LA-LA-LA I can't hear you!!!.....
edit on 26-7-2012 by ViktorHaze because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 08:02 AM
link   

Hah I purposly said I cannot be certain there are aliens without seeing some actual proof, how is this a 'believer'?

No middle position for you it seems. I am saying based on the tons of information and people come to speak forward plus those who have been killed around such stories you cannot be certain there aren't just like there isn't enough evidence from what is shown so far to say there is.

Learn to be objective and you will be fine, or be a crybaby

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join