It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama asserts executive privilege on Fast and Furious documents

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Im off of here after this, but yes Impeach. the problem is your asking our present day candy butt officials to do something that seem rational, and normal. You got to be kidding me. only the American People can change this but they are to busy checking out the new cell phones, or some crap. I fought, and was injured for my country, and all I get is a bunch on donkeys with blinders walking around me. I fought Terrorist , and was injured, and the American people i fought to protect is just setting around with a blank look. What the Crap is going on! These commies, and Radicals only have one thing in mind. Our destruction! We shoud seal our border not be playing who can fund the drug dealers with weapons first game. currently there is 300,000 Hezbollah Terrorist last I heard sitting in america. The Zeta's and Ms-13 Sansalvadorian dudes in our nation. I know for a fact in Virginia. It is all messed up. Time for some real Govt. Real American Constitution work. We have little time before we will be a place of no more dreams. STAnd Up; People, If I can so can you.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Until such time as we (the citizen of this country) stop allowing the party to dictate "who we vote for" this won't end.

Social engineering keeps us believing that these political thespians are somehow 'different" and "represent us" despite repeated and shameless conduct by the "usual suspects."

We may want to blame Obama for this... we may even want to blame Holder for this... but that is NOT where the fault lies... the fault is systematic... we are still - apparently - incapable of believing that the popularity contest has no value. People are STILL offended that their "favorite" TV hero is not accepted as the "great hope" of our nation.

The project to ensnare criminals by participating in the crime is yet to be rejected by the people because the marketing that goes along with it has great theme music, beautiful talking heads, and conforms to the Hollywood stories that the actors vote in as "best picture."

Asserting executive privilege was meant to be a crisis-management tool... not the norm. Also, presidents have to "account" for the EO's they create (unless there's a "secret" one stating they don't have to - and don't be too surprised if there is.)

As for the comments about "whose baby this debacle is;" - get real; if you want to indulge in the blame game.. watch TV... that's what they are best at. Solving the problem itself is another matter... one we seem to be completely missing in this discussion. But then, I shouldn't be surprised... how long was it before race was mentioned? Are we that programmed? I guess so.

edit on 20-6-2012 by Maxmars because: (no reason given)

link   
The last time a president made this move was in 1972 and he was forced to resign. Fast and Furious is the new Watergate.

link   

Originally posted by DarkKnight76
If you and all the other conservatives who are sure to come to this post did just as much whining when Bush exerted EP, I would say you have a point. But something tells me not one of you even made a peep except to defend him because "we are at war with terrorists and you don't speak bad about a president during war time."

Now I heavily criticized Bush during his time in office for doing things like this and I was called a traitor. And what's good for the goose is good for the gander.

I agree with you completely DarkKnight76, i too remember Bush doing the EP two step not too long ago..i couldn't get over how he got away with it then, and i can't get over how Obama is going to get away with the same BS now.

DoJ?

That's a joke...isn't it? If it wasn't before, it is now..if this is Justice, i'm Father Christmas.

What's good for the goose is what's good for the Gander, but terrible for America and makes the concept of American Justice a laughing stock in general.

Shocking state of affairs.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 03:08 PM
link   
So crime and evil does pay in this world. I'm on the wrong planet. Lol, I guess the next time you go to court your defense should be the president does it. That's a lot of crimes that covers.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 03:13 PM
link   
The photo Drudge has up w/this story is pretty funny...that's Nixon for the younger folks.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xcathdra
reply to post by Eurisko2012

How by voting for the lesser of who cares?

We need a serious 3rd party candidate or a shakeup at the nominating convention to get a person nominated by floor vote.

As it stands right now, it looks like President Mitt Romney or bust.

We need to spend the next 8 years restoring America, reducing the size of government

and growing the GDP to $25 Trillion.

Are you in or are you out?

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Nspekta

If i am not mistaken dint nixion do the exact same thing before he was impeached? As they say history aways repeats itself

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by shaluach

Originally posted by TheTardis

Didn't they just come out today and recant this saying that it did not start under Bush and that they had inadvertently stated this?

I saw no such thing. Source?

Originally posted by TheTardis
But I am voting for Romney because in my opinion all of this "He is just the same" talk is just people trying to keep Obama in office. They are not the same.

Oh, no. They are the same.

]

No, you are voting for Romney because you still buy into partisan politics and this two-party nonsense. And it's just people trying to keep Obama in office? That's absolute nonsense. Do you have any evidence to back that claim? So because I oppose both Romney and Obama (because they are the same) and because I am anti-Democrat AND Republican, I want Obama kept office? The lack of logic is astounding.

Ok?? Umm.. Two pages back on this topic

www.abovetopsecret.com...

and this one from that page.

washingtonexaminer.com...

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Nspekta

If he is being allowed to do it. If it is an executive privilege how is it also un-constitutional? Here's a heads up, no one is going to allow the President to run amok. He is not doing anything illegal .

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by shaluach

Originally posted by 401SPS
U got me! I feel like it is the lesser of the two evils with Romney/

Then you are still choosing evil.

Originally posted by 401SPS
I say Mitch MConnell , Ron Paul, and anyone else that can do it, should make this bigger than water gate with Nixon. So darn fustrating!

More puppets. You think they can really do anything without the okay of their handlers? Come on, yall!

Whether you like it or not we have to vote for someone and unless someone can come forward and garner enough support to be a contender we have two choices so given those two choices its only smart. So saying that we are choosing evil and putting us down for who we plan on voting for isnt really helping either. Is it? Obama is obviously a crook and he keeps showing his ass so leaving him in office is not an option to me.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Violater1
Excellent post!

How can Berry declare executive privilege's on documents that he states that he never saw?
Perhaps Hilary and Billary set him up and when Berry gets impeached, it opens the door wide open for Hilary to run for POTUS.
If that does happen, and if she does indeed win, then truly the whore of Babylon will be riding the Beast.

Thats Barack not Berry. There is no impeachment on the horizon for this man. You can wish it but there are no grounds what so ever for impeachment.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Just watched the vote. All that voted "no" should be losing their position in future elections.

Oversight Committee voted "23 Yes" and "17 No" to hold Holder in contempt of Congress.
edit on 20-6-2012 by SourGrapes because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by TheTardis

Yes, that's why we are - removing - him from office November 6, 2012.

---------
A special prosecutor would take years to file charges.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by karen61057

Originally posted by Violater1
Excellent post!

How can Berry declare executive privilege's on documents that he states that he never saw?
Perhaps Hilary and Billary set him up and when Berry gets impeached, it opens the door wide open for Hilary to run for POTUS.
If that does happen, and if she does indeed win, then truly the whore of Babylon will be riding the Beast.

Thats Barack not Berry. There is no impeachment on the horizon for this man. You can wish it but there are no grounds what so ever for impeachment.

Everyone needs to think all the way through on impeachment.

The House of Representatives would probably impeach Obama.

However, the US Senate probably would not remove him from office.

Also, the election is in less than 5 months so why bother?

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by LoonyConservative
Is it me or does this seem like an action of the guilty?

I prolly wont beat anyone too it, but yes Bush used this too.. but were they used in this same context? I mean scooter libby got put in jail, don't think bush was trying to protect him any more than he could

PROBABLY

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 03:29 PM
link   
The comparison to Watergate is great. Back then people were not so jaded and use to this because there were not as many media outlets to throw it in our faces every day. However the big difference there is the level of Class between the sitting president then and the one now. Just like Clinton, There is no way our current president woudl willingly resign as Nixon did and in my opinion what Nixon did is nothing compared to some of the things we have seen lately.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by FreeFromTheHerd
This is nothing more than 1 corrupt black guy covering the butt of another corrupt black guy.

Both should be indicted and charged.

Why was it important to you to note the race of each of these gentlemen?

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 03:32 PM
link   
This is typical Chicago-style thuggery.....in your face with both middle fingers extended upward. "Whadya gonna do 'bout it, uh?"

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Date: 06/20/2012 04:31 PM
Subject: CNN Breaking News

Voting on strictly partisan lines, a House committee recommended Wednesday that Attorney General Eric Holder be cited for contempt of Congress for failing to turn over documents relating to the botched Fast and Furious weapons sting operation.
The measure now goes to the full House for consideration, expected next week, of what would be an unprecedented event -- Congress holding a sitting attorney general in contempt.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join