It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama asserts executive privilege on Fast and Furious documents

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 05:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

BOMBSHELL is correct my friend!!!!! Thank you for that video!

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xcathdra
reply to post by Nspekta

Part of me wonders if the reason for the executive privilege might revolve around the use of the gun smuggeling to crack down on the possession and sale of weapons. They tried the same thing when Rep. Giffords was shot, trying to pass tighter gun laws at the federal level.

I wonder if the documents being withheld contained discussions about the political up and downsides of using these types of events to further gun control. We know Obama supports the UN gun control agenda....
edit on 20-6-2012 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

Never let a good crisis go to waste and you can bet they didn't people now get reported anytime the buy more than 3 "assualt rifles" now, and that was the result of Giffords and Fast and Furious.

Make no mistake I do beleive that FAF was a set up to pass tighter gun control laws which is par for the course of government.

Create the problem so they can offer the solution.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 05:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Eurisko2012

I know I am stating the obvious, but you are both confused and in for a dissapointment.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 05:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Indigo5

I know I am stating the obvious, but you are both confused and in for a dissapointment.

Really? Your just going to tell someone they are confused with out telling them why?

I am confused because I don't have a damn clue as to what the hell you are talking about?

Are you talking about someone's opinion you don't agree with? Or are you talking about something relevant to the OP???

So please enlighten me with your foresite as to what the obvious really is!

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 05:17 PM
link   
You know, this is starting to shape up like Nixon and Watergate. Just before all hell broke loose, there seemed to be the same climate and public outrage...

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 05:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Nspekta

This cracks me up,who cares if Bush did the privilage thing or Obama, whoever they are trying to cover for or if they are trying to cover there own arses. By invoking privilage is an admission of quilt. Remember if your not quilty you should have nothing to hide. This whole government thing is one big joke. They serve there masters and and guess what were not the masters. There are none so blind as those who will not see.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Indigo5

Why did 142 democrats join with the GOP to cut off funding for the DOJ?

BTW, Nancy Pelosi abstained from voting that day.

She was hiding under her desk !

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Never let a good crisis go to waste and you can bet they didn't people now get reported anytime the buy more than 3 "assualt rifles" now, and that was the result of Giffords and Fast and Furious.

I had a little experience with that this month after ATF placed a 'purchase hold' on me. 

My hope is that congress will move forward with contempt charges against Holder anyway. He stone-walled for months and deserves to be punished (and hopefully disbarred). 

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 05:28 PM
link   
I remember when Nixon used executive privilege to withhold evidence. We all remember how that turned out for him.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 05:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

Gave you a star for that good homework on your part.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 05:31 PM
link   
A question for those still drinking the koolaid:

If, as a few of you have posted, the gunrunning was started by the Bush Administration.....

Why sit on the paperwork, risking contempt of Congress and make the President look like Nixon, invoking executive privilege?

Why not treat it like the ECONOMY, and tell the American people that 'It is all Bush's fault'?

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 05:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Nspekta

This is one of the most blatant and flagrant displays of dictatorial power I've seen in some time. What ever happened to one law fits all? I thought that was how a republic worked? I guess in-theory is a lot different than in-reality.

It's getting to the time where all these @ssclowns need to be rounded up and tried for treason it appears. Classified documents are not supposed to cover "executive" crimes.

Cheers - Dave

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 05:36 PM
link   
reply to post by DarkKnight76

Great post. Reagan did it too, during and after Iran Contra. It was BS then, and it's BS now.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 05:39 PM
link   
the difference between the bush era gun running and the current GUnwalker scandal is the bush admin succeeded in tracking the guns they let go. Obama admin..... not so much. Also there's the fact that once again Obama is playing power games to protect himself from his own idiocy.

We cannot let things like this stand especially when the entire idea behind this situation was to create an issue in the public mind in order to pass more gun control that the public doesn't really want or NEED.

SO not only did they fail and let a bunch of guns out that have since killed people but they did it all in the name of TAKING AWAY YOUR RIGHTS.

That's what makes this a big deal.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by bobs_uruncle
reply to post by Nspekta

This is one of the most blatant and flagrant displays of dictatorial power I've seen in some time. What ever happened to one law fits all? I thought that was how a republic worked? I guess in-theory is a lot different than in-reality.

It's getting to the time where all these @ssclowns need to be rounded up and tried for treason it appears. Classified documents are not supposed to cover "executive" crimes.

Cheers - Dave

Well said my friend!
The corruption is blatant, the dictatorial use to hide the truth is blatant!
Wake up americans before its too late! Or maybe it already is....

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by roguetechie
the difference between the bush era gun running and the current GUnwalker scandal is the bush admin succeeded in tracking the guns they let go. Obama admin..... not so much. Also there's the fact that once again Obama is playing power games to protect himself from his own idiocy.

We cannot let things like this stand especially when the entire idea behind this situation was to create an issue in the public mind in order to pass more gun control that the public doesn't really want or NEED.

SO not only did they fail and let a bunch of guns out that have since killed people but they did it all in the name of TAKING AWAY YOUR RIGHTS.

That's what makes this a big deal.

Exactly. I read that somewhere between 1400 and 2000 guns went missing under Holder. He should resign for simply being inept, imo.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 05:50 PM
link   
I've been screaming about this for months.It's not very often I do this, but I applaud the motions being put in place. It's about time some high level heads begin to roll. Now if we could get past political and financial alliances and begin to prosecute criminals because they're criminals, and not because they're on the other side of the political spectrum, we could actually make some headway on real issues. Unfortunately, we are way off of making headway in this direction, but you have to start somewhere. Too bad Holder doesn't have the financial backing like Jamie Dimon or Richard Fuld, he could have skated through these proceedings untouched.I guess we're starting to see the real change Obama had promised, just not quite the way he envisioned it I think. Let's hope this will be the beginning of a political ideology change. Or at the very least the beginning of our political officials turning on each other exposing all of them for the criminals they are.PS Not every official is a criminal, just the majority.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 05:50 PM
link   
This cracks me up, you yanks fought tyranny and a dictator only to evolve many years later in to the very same thing you hated the most

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by macman
reply to post by DarkKnight76

Bush was wrong as well.
Bush is not in office.
0bama and his Admin are in charge. Stop making excuses by deflecting.

Agree completely. People act like it doesn't matter because the previous corrupt administration did the same. How does that give the current one a free pass? So the person that comes after Obama could do the same and it's ok?

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by RealSpoke

Remove Obama and put in Romney? Like that is any better?

Romeny is already saying he will attack Iran without congressional approval. Not to mention he has no military experience, isn't a general, and has absolutely no authority in the US to make a threatening statement like that.

edit on 20-6-2012 by RealSpoke because: (no reason given)

Lets elect a blue collar person who doesn't come from wealth and understands the plight of the common man.

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join