It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama asserts executive privilege on Fast and Furious documents

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheTardis
The comparison to Watergate is great. Back then people were not so jaded and use to this because there were not as many media outlets to throw it in our faces every day. However the big difference there is the level of Class between the sitting president then and the one now. Just like Clinton, There is no way our current president woudl willingly resign as Nixon did and in my opinion what Nixon did is nothing compared to some of the things we have seen lately.

Fast & Furious Scandal - Vote taken in the oversight committee : 23 -17

Resolution now moves to the full House for a vote!

Eric Holder will be held in contempt.

--------
When the vote is held in the full House it is expected that 31 democrats will

join with the republicans to hold Eric Holder in contempt.
edit on 20-6-2012 by Eurisko2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Eurisko2012
reply to post by TheTardis

Yes, that's why we are - removing - him from office November 6, 2012.

Really? Can't see Obama losing, even with this latest epic fail.

I'm afraid - my Yankee brothers - y'all are getting fo' mo' yeers.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Isn't it par for the course to exercise that right? I can think of a myriad of times both GOP knucklehead and Dem mouth breathers did so... why is this a surprise?

Derek

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by seeker1963
reply to post by Nspekta

Flashback!!! The only time this guy tells the truth, is when his mouth is shut1

LOL this is the funniest video i have ever seen! I love how he changes his mind on subject at a whim. I am pro gay marriage but I love how at first he wasnt, then supposabley his daughter changed his mind (yea right) now he is pro gay marriage. AND NOW he was against executive privalge now he is suddenly for it. WOW this has really opened my eyes to him. Out of a country of millions of poeople these are our two best candidates for presedent? I'm moving to the wilds of Antartica!

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Even thought it is now a moot point, how is Obama's decision to exert executive privilege to withhold the documents any different or "unconstitutional" than George Bush's decision to invade and bomb the hell out of Iraq, even after Congress and the UN advised him not to?

These presidents exploit whatever loopholes are available to do what they feel must be done. Regardless of what you all feel is right or wrong, at the end of the day, it's all politics and politicians play to win.

link   

The comparison to Watergate is great. Back then people were not so jaded and use to this because there were not as many media outlets to throw it in our faces every day. However the big difference there is the level of Class between the sitting president then and the one now. Just like Clinton, There is no way our current president woudl willingly resign as Nixon did and in my opinion what Nixon did is nothing compared to some of the things we have seen lately.

Does anyone think Obama will come to Eric Holder's rescue if the charges of contempt hold?

link   

Originally posted by FOXMULDER147

reply to post by TheTardis

Yes, that's why we are - removing - him from office November 6, 2012.

Really? Can't see Obama losing, even with this latest epic fail.

I'm afraid - my Yankee brothers - y'all are getting fo' mo' yeers.

The economy is only going to get worse between now and November 6, 2012.

Americans will be walking into the voting booth asking themselves:

" 4 more years of stagnation? "

We deserve better than this.

As of today Rasmussen and Gallup have Romney 47% / Obama 45%.

Fast & Furious and LeakyGate are like anchors around Obamas ankles.
edit on 20-6-2012 by Eurisko2012 because: (no reason given)

link   
reply to post by Nspekta

Not only will it directly lead back to Barry Soetoro, it will most likely trace back to the Bush administration since they were running similar programs, the only difference being the tyrant Obama actually tried to make this a false flag and attack the 2nd ammendment, until it was exposed as such, a planned operation.

Drug cartels trained in the USA, weapons shipped to cartels and gangs in the USA and Mexico, drugs were probably shipped around as well and are currently being shipped into the United States from a variety of nations, including Mexico and Afghanistan. There must be some DoJ/CIA/FBI/Military involvement, and there always has been. The point of drug prohibition was to make it a lucrative venture and to corrupt the police, local law enforcement, judges, lawyers etc. and military. They've been bringing in dope from Afghanistan for probably over 10 years now. Wells Fargo and a few other banks were on record in 2010 laundering over $300 billion in drug money, and did anybody get into trouble? I think not.

Legalize Freedom, end the stupid pointless drug wars and take 1 more step towards putting the power tripping control freak elitist tyrants out of business. I think people can decide for themself what is best for them, and it will not further expose kids to it because they are already exposed to it enough with them being illegal, as long as parenting is strong in this area and there are institutions set up for people who seek help from addiction, complete legalization for people say, over 18 or 21, will not be a problem. It will save lives and cost the morons who are involved in this up to their neck lots of money, and will help get rid of some massive corruption.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by FreeFromTheHerd

And you just dont see that mentioning race for any reason was unecessary for you to make your point. You never needed to mention that either party was black white gray or purple. By including that irrelevant fact you lable yourself because it is apparent that to you it did mean something that both parties were black.
Your point would have been made with one corrupt guy protecting another corrupt guy. You made it a racial issue by including the race of the parties involved because it means something to you.
Racists never understand this.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by KnightFire

Does anyone think Obama will come to Eric Holder's rescue if the charges of contempt hold?

I think Eric Holder will resign someday in October 2012.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by DarkKnight76
If you and all the other conservatives who are sure to come to this post did just as much whining when Bush exerted EP, I would say you have a point. But something tells me not one of you even made a peep except to defend him because "we are at war with terrorists and you don't speak bad about a president during war time."

Now I heavily criticized Bush during his time in office for doing things like this and I was called a traitor. And what's good for the goose is good for the gander.

Get over your partisan bull#. These people are criminals.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 03:49 PM
link   
reply to post by karen61057

Yes it's called Race Baiting and it's done by the likes of Bill Mahr and people like the one you just replied to. When their argument falls flat on its face they resort to divide and conquer. The same as Obama and the folks that control him have been doing since the beginning. Has Obama being elected really brought anyone together? No, the country is pretty much more divided now than ever. Although more people are waking up to the false paradigm that a president is much more than a teleprompter reading puppet in chief, and both parties are pretty much both leading us down the same hole to despotism, with the banksters steering the ship.

Wake up folks, we ain't in Kansas anymore.

link   

I'm thinking it will be sooner than October. Guess it depends on how loyal he is to Obama. They may corner him and might sing like a bird on a sunny day.
edit on 20-6-2012 by KnightFire because: (no reason given)

link   
reply to post by DarkKnight76

It is a real shame that Democrats and Republicans cannot love America more than they hate each other.
What we need to do is remove all Democrats and Republicans from office and replace them with Patriots who love America more than they love power and money. Then we can have HONEST government.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by karen61057
reply to post by Nspekta

If he is being allowed to do it. If it is an executive privilege how is it also un-constitutional? Here's a heads up, no one is going to allow the President to run amok. He is not doing anything illegal .

Um.. Maybe im not following your train of thought.. Obama is HIDING documents that could prove the corruption behind fast and furious that obviously implicates Holder AND most likely Obama's admin through the use of 'executuve priviledge' that doesn't bother you?!?... He IS already running amok, has for some time now! Americans need to wake up and see him for who he really is!

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Nspekta

As i recall Janet Reno also came close to being held in contempt.

She coughed up the documents.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Wouldnt suprise me! Obviously there is something big to hide if obama used the exec priviledge to hide the documents. He may help him out, if only to try and save his own butt by not allowing whatever is in those documents to eventually come out??

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 03:57 PM
link   

I'm thinking it will be sooner than October. Guess it depends on how loyal he is to Obama. They may corner him and might sing like a bird on a sunny day.

BTW, i think VP Joe Biden will also be replaced.

He is too much of a liability.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by cetaphobic
What Obama did was bull#.

But Bush would have done the exact same thing.
And so would Romney.
And Ron Paul.
And Sarah Palin.
And McCain.
And Reagan.
And...
And...

Well. Lets not get into hypothetical comparisons with IF or WOULD HAVE. We simply cannot live in the past. We live in the present for the future by learning from the past.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 04:02 PM
link   

BTW, i think VP Joe Biden will also be replaced.

He is too much of a liability.

I agree Biden is too much of a liability, but honestly, I think Biden is the only person keeping the president alive. Who in their right mind would want that idiot as president?

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join