It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama asserts executive privilege on Fast and Furious documents

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nspekta

Originally posted by KnightFire

Originally posted by Eurisko2012

Originally posted by TheTardis
The comparison to Watergate is great. Back then people were not so jaded and use to this because there were not as many media outlets to throw it in our faces every day. However the big difference there is the level of Class between the sitting president then and the one now. Just like Clinton, There is no way our current president woudl willingly resign as Nixon did and in my opinion what Nixon did is nothing compared to some of the things we have seen lately.

Fast & Furious Scandal - Vote taken in the oversight committee : 23 -17

Resolution now moves to the full House for a vote!

Eric Holder will be held in contempt.

Does anyone think Obama will come to Eric Holder's rescue if the charges of contempt hold?

Wouldnt suprise me! Obviously there is something big to hide if obama used the exec priviledge to hide the documents. He may help him out, if only to try and save his own butt by not allowing whatever is in those documents to eventually come out??

For me it's kind of like if Obama rescues Holder, Obama is admitting guilt. If Holder releases the documents, he is proving guilt.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
So what exactly does Holder have on Obama that made Obama assert executive privilege? Obama isn't known for helping people but is well known for throwing people under the bus. I'm wondering what Holder has over Obama to make Obama do this? The name Larry Sinclair comes to mind ...

I don't think it's what holder has on obama sitution, cause it was, then holder would of had an "accident" and we'd had a new AG. No, it's something bigger that obamas covering his own butt over. What? Haven't got a clue but what ever it is it's in those documents that he doesn't want people to see at least until his had them altered.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Love how people are calling this investigation a "political witch hunt".

Any death of a federal agent deserves to be investigated to the fullest, regardless of what party is in office. The family deserves at least that much.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
'Mr. Transparency' . .. 'Mr. Nobel Peace Prize' ... Mr. "Hope and Change". :shk:
He's as corrupt as the day is long. And people still want to vote for him.
Unbelievable.

Just wait and see how bad things are going to get if he thinks he won't win the next election.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 04:13 PM
link   

I think Eric Holder will resign someday in October 2012.

I'm thinking it will be sooner than October. Guess it depends on how loyal he is to Obama. They may corner him and might sing like a bird on a sunny day.
edit on 20-6-2012 by KnightFire because: (no reason given)

BTW, i think VP Joe Biden will also be replaced.

He is too much of a liability.

I agree Biden is too much of a liability, but honestly, I think Biden is the only person keeping the president alive. Who in their right mind would want that idiot as president?

If the DNC was smart they would ditch both of them and call Hillary.

She has better polling numbers.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nspekta

The comparison to Watergate is great. Back then people were not so jaded and use to this because there were not as many media outlets to throw it in our faces every day. However the big difference there is the level of Class between the sitting president then and the one now. Just like Clinton, There is no way our current president woudl willingly resign as Nixon did and in my opinion what Nixon did is nothing compared to some of the things we have seen lately.

Fast & Furious Scandal - Vote taken in the oversight committee : 23 -17

Resolution now moves to the full House for a vote!

Eric Holder will be held in contempt.

Does anyone think Obama will come to Eric Holder's rescue if the charges of contempt hold?

Wouldnt suprise me! Obviously there is something big to hide if obama used the exec priviledge to hide the documents. He may help him out, if only to try and save his own butt by not allowing whatever is in those documents to eventually come out??

For me it's kind of like if Obama rescues Holder, Obama is admitting guilt. If Holder releases the documents, he is proving guilt.

That sounds like a rock and a hard place.

Eric Holder should resign and hide out there at Bora Bora, Tahiti for 4 weeks.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Darkrunner

Right on! This should not be about Democrats vs Republicans ... all Democrats should be ashamed of how the vote went down. A US Border Patrol agent, an Immigration & Customs Enforcement special agent, a New Mexico ranch owner, and THOUSANDS of Mexicans were killed with these guns. Justice should be served regardless of which party is in power. If it brings down the first Black President of the United States and the first Black Attorney General of the United States then so be it. Justice MUST be served!

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Just for clarity...

Holder and Justice provided every document and email requested all the way through the begining to the end of the Fast and Furious scandal.

Then the GOP Committe requested all correspondance and emails relating to thier requests etc. over the past several months...a period long after Fast and Furious ceased...which are irrelvant to the investigation...and clearly fall under privledged communications and seperation of powers...

Huffpost has the full Letter from Holder to the President requesting that Executive Priveledge be invoked...

www.huffingtonpost.com...
edit on 20-6-2012 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 04:22 PM
link   
reply to post by TheTardis

As an Obama supporter I could not agree more. They are not the same.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 04:26 PM
link   
The arrogance and lawlessness of this groomed and hand picked internationalist, manchurian canidate agent has no limits. Those documents could prove that someone inside that sleazy windy city gangster administration possibly have committed treason against the citizens of the United States of America.

The House represents the people, so Obama and Holder are guilty of obstructing justice. Impeachment proceedings should begin immediately if any integrity of our system is to save face. This is an absolute disgrace. This lunatic Obama is out of control. ~$heopleNation

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 04:26 PM
link   
"and, as a result -- has deflected critical resources from fulfilling what remains my top priority at the Department of Justice: Protecting the American people."

Read more: www.foxnews.com...

is that a threat?,,or because of monetary cutbacks?? ,,maybe that accountant " Dr. " concerned about the $ costs,,might want too see if any monies might have been " just " cut.

pass the popcorn.
A Canadian.

ohh and why was the family impact statement NOT allowed into the Congresional Record?

did i say that right?

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Didn't they just come out today and recant this saying that it did not start under Bush and that they had inadvertently stated this?

No...and there were more than one gun-walking op under GWB...funny we don't here that much from the GOP?

WASHINGTON (AP) — A second Bush administration gun-trafficking investigation has surfaced using the same controversial tactic for which congressional Republicans have been criticizing the Obama administration.

The tactic, called "gun walking," is already under investigation by the Justice Department's inspector general and by congressional Republicans, who have criticized the administration of Democratic President Barack Obama for letting it happen in an operation called "Fast and Furious".

Emails obtained by The Associated Press show how in a 2007 investigation in Phoenix, agents of the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives — depending on Mexican authorities to follow up — let guns "walk" across the border in an effort to identify higher-ups in gun networks. Justice Department policy has long required that illicit arms shipments be intercepted whenever possible.

The 2007 probe operated out of the same ATF office that more recently ran the flawed Operation Fast and Furious. Both probes resulted in weapons disappearing across the border into Mexico, according to the emails.

Earlier this month, it was disclosed that the gun-walking tactic didn't begin under Obama, but was also used in 2006 under his predecessor, George W. Bush. The probe, Operation Wide Receiver, was carried out by ATF's Tucson, Ariz., office and resulted in hundreds of guns being transferred to suspected arms traffickers.

news.yahoo.com...

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Indigo5
Just for clarity...

Holder and Justice provided every document and email requested all the way through the begining to the end of the Fast and Furious scandal.

Then the GOP Committe requested all correspondance and emails relating to thier requests etc. over the past several months...a period long after Fast and Furious ceased...which are irrelvant to the investigation...and clearly fall under privledged communications and seperation of powers...

Huffpost has the full Letter from Holder to the President requesting that Executive Priveledge be invoked...

www.huffingtonpost.com...
edit on 20-6-2012 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

Just to clarify: We all know the truth.

Holder is just sitting on the damaging documents. (What they knew and when did they

know it)

Fast and Furious was not an accident.

The strategy was to smear the gun dealers and attack the 2nd Amendment.

It all went wrong. Border Agent Brian Terry was killed and now Holder and

Obama have blood on their hands.

------------
Now the strategy is to find a way to hide all damaging evidence until after the

election.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by DarkKnight76
If you and all the other conservatives who are sure to come to this post did just as much whining when Bush exerted EP, I would say you have a point. But something tells me not one of you even made a peep except to defend him because "we are at war with terrorists and you don't speak bad about a president during war time."

Now I heavily criticized Bush during his time in office for doing things like this and I was called a traitor. And what's good for the goose is good for the gander.

You make a good point, but I think you would have to agree this is not exactly something you would expect from someone promising to have the most transparent administration in American history.
How and why would you defend him?

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 04:42 PM
link   
reply to post by karen61057

Why was it important to you to note the race of each of these gentlemen?

Did you watch the actual process of the commitee live as I did???? I think this person has a valid point! Here is why, I didn't see one black person vote in favor of the contempt process! Hmmmmmm, golly gee, I wonder why??? Also during the first round of voting, one gentleman seemed so incoherent, he was asked twice as to what he said and it was tallied as a yes, then two people down they ask a black congresswoman for her vote, and she was so dumbfounded with the fact that one her peers (who was black btw) that she couldn't even give her vote, because she kept looking over at him!!!!!!! So then the facilitator of the vote, went back to him and ASKED HIM AGAIN and he one the third time being asked for his vote, changed it to NAY!!

So keep up your race card tactics! I watched it live, DID YOU!!!!

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 04:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Indigo5

More Bad News For Indigo 5:

Wake up!

May 10, 2012 the GOP convinced 142 democrats to join them in holding Eric Holder

accountable in the Fast & Furious Scandal.

- 142 Democrats Join GOP - Cut Off Funding ! -

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 04:47 PM
link   
All the hypocritical red diaper doper baby left-wingers are of course resorting back to Bush. How pathetic. We are talking about the death of a federal agent here.

It's so typical. This is how the puppet masters get away with everything. They know that when they violate the law, their fake two party system Sheoplized morons will point the finger at the other sides past record instead of focusing on the law. Mindless robots. ~$heopleNation

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 04:48 PM
link   
reply to post by seeker1963

was that Senator Peter?

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by BobAthome

was that Senator Peter?

I honestly don't remember her name Bob. But when they asked her for her vote, she was so dumbfounded by the fact that the other guy vote Yay, that she just sat their with her head down looking over at him muttering nonsense.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 05:02 PM
link   
BOMBSHELL: Proof Obama and Holder knew about gun walking in 2009

youtu.be...

a March 2009 press conference where gun walking/tracing was announced not only as an issue very important to the president, but directed by the president in conjunction with Attorney General Eric Holder:

www.therightscoop.com...

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join