It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Reason Some Americans Hate Immigrants...it's not because they are "illegal"

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by TheTardis

Do you think you should get a free pass if you commit a federal offense? They did so why not you? That seems to be your logic here.

People are deported every day...it is the consequence they face for entering "illegally"...I have no problem with that. Show me where I said they shouldn't be deported if caught...go ahead...I'll wait.

But look at your reply...you are still trying to demonize them.

Now ask yourself...why are you trying so hard to demonize them???

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by xyankee

Today, too many feel they are "entitled" to the "good life" rather than struggle and "earn" it.

I would say risking your life to cross a desert, risking deportation at anytime, living in sub-par conditions, getting paid less than others doing the same job are all examples of "earning" it.

Sitting around and crying that you can't get a job because other people are working to hard...and they were born on the other side of an imaginary line....that seems like an example of thinking you are "entitled"

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by groingrinder
reply to post by kennylee

You cannot get social security if you are working under the table. You can only collect social security if you have paid into the system. Every year I get a statement from the social security administration telling me what I have paid into the system and what my benefits will be when I retire.

This is just not so. I know several CHILDREN who recieve SSI and most certainly never worked a day. It is called supplimental SS, and adults can also recieve this if they qualify. Some children only need to have a DX of ADD/ADHD in order to recieve these monies.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Asktheanimals

Sorry, but you're stereotyping of Americans is lame and unrealistic.
I'm so tired of the line "they're doing all the jobs Americans are too lazy to do".

Then why aren't Americans doing those jobs???

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by jjf3rd77

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher

You and others have this need to paint them as vile criminals.

I see you sort of replied to me here.

They are criminals because they are breaking the law. I'm not saying they are as bad as murders or baby rapists, but they are still breaking the law!!!!

Or do you not care about that part of the legal immigration process?
edit on 18-6-2012 by jjf3rd77 because: (no reason given)

Have you ever broken a law?

Would you break a law if it meant your family didn't starve to death?

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 02:06 PM
link   

reply to post by Zaphod58

And yet you continue to ignore the word "illegal". If you are here illegally, then you ARE a criminal.

Have you ever broken a law...any law...big or small? Driven faster than the speed limit? Jaywalked? Damaged a dollor bill?

If so...you are a "criminal"...and I guess we should all look at you with disdainful scorn.

Seriously. Quit trying to compare this with jaywalking. You seriously cant think Jaywalking is a federal Offense. Try illegally crossing the border into China or North Korea and convince them that its the same as Jaywalking or speeding. If your going to sit and make a joke of a Federal crime you need help man. Should someone be able to get away with shooting at the white house? How about selling Cocaine or Haroin? Holding up a bank? Burglary? Those are federal crimes. Not Jaywalking.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 02:11 PM
link   
reply to post by yeahright

Nothing in your link proves "billions" go to "illegal" immigrants.

The billions is in reference to all child tax credits....the article assumes the majority of that goes to illegals.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 02:11 PM
link   

reply to post by TheTardis

Do you think you should get a free pass if you commit a federal offense? They did so why not you? That seems to be your logic here.

People are deported every day...it is the consequence they face for entering "illegally"...I have no problem with that. Show me where I said they shouldn't be deported if caught...go ahead...I'll wait.

But look at your reply...you are still trying to demonize them.

Now ask yourself...why are you trying so hard to demonize them???

And how am I demonizing them by telling the truth? How is being truthful Demonizing them? Explain that to me? The moment they step across the border they have committed a FEDERAL OFFENSE. That is a crime. I would not expect to get away with such a crime myself. So why should they? Or are you saying that they should not be accountable for the laws of this nation since you think that our borders are imaginary anyway.

Answer me this. Is your only defense to keep screaming that we hate them and we keep demonizing them when in all actuality all we are doing is pointing out the truth? Are you campaigning for office or what? Do you actually believe what your spouting off?

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Lets take a look at Texas...One of the few states that has actually researched the economic impact of Illegal Immigrants

A 2006 study by the Texas State Comptroller estimated that the 1.4 million undocumented immigrants in Texas alone added almost $18 billion to the state's economic output, and more than paid for the $1.2 billion in state services they used by generating $1.6 billion in new state revenues.

Undocumented Immigrants in Texas:
A Financial Analysis of the Impact to the State Budget and Economy
December 2006

This is the first time any state has done a comprehensive financial analysis of the impact of undocumented immigrants on a state's budget and economy, looking at gross state product, revenues generated, taxes paid and the cost of state services.

The absence of the estimated 1.4 million undocumented immigrants in Texas in fiscal 2005 would have been a LOSS to our gross state product of $17.7 billion.
(empasis mine)

www.window.state.tx.us...
edit on 18-6-2012 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 02:13 PM
link   

reply to post by jjf3rd77

As are jaywalkers, speeders, and until very recently gay people who served in the military.

Wow OKS... now you're generalizing.. I'll rephrase your statement... "As are murderers, rapists, drug dealers and pedophiles..."

There are different degrees of laws in this country.

There are city ordinances which differ from community to community and that is usually where the charge of jay walking comes from. These offenses are not even a misdemeanor and are bundled up with speeding or running a stop sign.

There are state laws which are misdemeanors and include some heavier stuff than a traffic ticket but usually still only carry a fine or a small sentence..

Then there are felonies... This includes murder, rape, incest, tax evasion, fraud, grand theft auto, possession with the intent to distribute and yes entering the country illegally..

So you're telling me there is nothing wrong with letting a population of Felons go Scott free without any danger of legal ramifications?

Federal Law is Federal Law.. There is no grey area OKS..

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

They cant be that smart if they work for next to nothing and live in a home filled to the brim like a can of anchovies.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by DaMod

reply to post by jjf3rd77

As are jaywalkers, speeders, and until very recently gay people who served in the military.

Wow OKS... now you're generalizing.. I'll rephrase your statement... "As are murderers, rapists, drug dealers and pedophiles..."

So now you are equating illegal immigration wiht murder and pedophilia?

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by seeker1963

I am just questioning your timing of posting it....... Caring about your fellow human beings is a good thing, but using them as a political tool is absolutly disgusting!

Yes, the timing is from all the replies I saw in response to people's "outrage" over Obama's new policy.

The people benefiting from his new policy have committed no crimes, they were brought here by their parents. They are not criminals, that is one of the requirements. They have either graduated high school, have their GED, or are serving in the military.

And still...people were angry that these people are going to be allowed to stay and work in America.

So it isn't the fact that they are here "illegally" or that they are "criminals"...it's the fact that they are posing a serious competition because they are determined to have a better life than their parents because they directly saw what their parent sacrificed to give them that opportunity.

But of course...people just fall back into trying to demonize them....because people need to hate them because they can't admit that they can't compete with them.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by stanguilles7

Originally posted by neo96

And what prevents them from coming into the country right now??? The Canadian border is much easier to cross undetected than the southern border.

That is because Canada has its stuff together so Canadians don't run south of the border.

Indeed. They have a better social safety net.

Then why don't "illegals" just go directly to the better country?

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 02:20 PM
link   

They are here illegally. Plain and simple.
No different then the guy that robs someone for an income.

Now, the fact that American Business uses them as cheap labor, and undercuts the LEGAL American Citizen is a huge factor as well.

ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS is ILLEGAL.

No amount of Progressive maneuvering or redefining terms will get around this.

Illegal is Illegal is Illegal.
Against the law is against the law is against the law.
Illegal is against the law, against the law is Illegal.

This is not a very difficult thing to grasp.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 02:20 PM
link   

reply to post by Asktheanimals

Sorry, but you're stereotyping of Americans is lame and unrealistic.
I'm so tired of the line "they're doing all the jobs Americans are too lazy to do".

Then why aren't Americans doing those jobs???

Because the illegals have driven those wages down to the point that Americans cannot afford to do those jobs. The illegals live 10 or 20 to an apartment so they can survive on almost nothing. What part of that cant you understand. Would you be able to live on half of minimum wage? Hell in some cases I guarantee they wont even hire the American because they know he is going to ask for tax papers, and want healthcare or benefits. Don't be so naive. And stop asking the same stupid questions. This has already been answered. You obviously live in an area without many of the illegals or you would know these things. Its common knowlege.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Seems like quite a coincidence that a staunch Obama supporter would make a thread about supporting illegals just as Obama announces he wants to grant amnesty to a select few to secure the latino vote.....

This whole thread stinks to me!

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 02:22 PM
link   

So it isn't the fact that they are here "illegally" or that they are "criminals"...it's the fact that they are posing a serious competition because they are determined to have a better life than their parents because they directly saw what their parent sacrificed to give them that opportunity.

But of course...people just fall back into trying to demonize them....because people need to hate them because they can't admit that they can't compete with them.

They are the aftermath of Criminal activity.
Just because they had no choice when their parents crossed over ILLEGALLY, does not mean they are free to stay here. If they are here ILLEGALLY, then they are here ILLEGALLY.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 02:25 PM
link   

reply to post by xyankee

Today, too many feel they are "entitled" to the "good life" rather than struggle and "earn" it.

I would say risking your life to cross a desert, risking deportation at anytime, living in sub-par conditions, getting paid less than others doing the same job are all examples of "earning" it.

Sitting around and crying that you can't get a job because other people are working to hard...and they were born on the other side of an imaginary line....that seems like an example of thinking you are "entitled"

Our culture is different than those of the illegal Mexicans who are crossing the borders, or who were born on the other side of the imaginary line. Not meaning to sound crude, but the truth is that some or even most of those who are crossing the border 'illegally', were already living in sub-par conditions and as such, this is not unusual for them to live this way here too. Are you suggesting that Americans should lower their standard of living because illegals are hard workers and working for less than minimum wage? Your argument sounds like nothing more than grading on the curve, or lowering the bar on Americans for the immigrants who came here legally.

Immigrate, but do so legally, and adapt to our culture. But to immigrate illegally and expect us to adapt to another is simply ridiculous. [Press 1 for English
]

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 02:27 PM
link   

I feel like the OP is side-stepping a key fact here. If you're ILLEGAL then you have absolutely no right to be in the work-force of said country, nor do you deserve to reap the benefits from a government that has it's own LEGAL, TAX-PAYING citizens to take care of (IMO). I'm not an American, although I can understand the anguish someone may have when their needs are being swept aside in order to benefit a person(s) who is not even a citizen of their nation to begin with.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join