It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Reason Some Americans Hate Immigrants...it's not because they are "illegal"

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 10:23 AM
link   
reply to post by EvilSadamClone

In summary:

Anybody against immigration of any sort is a racist.

REALLY????

Where did I bring up RACE in my OP at all???

Where did I even mention a country in my OP at all???

I think you are projecting your own thoughts into my OP...which is very telling.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 10:26 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

You IGNORE the fact that many, many illegals who are here ARE violent criminals and drug runners.

You IGNORE the fact that, no matter what their motivation, they are sucking BILLIONS off our economy and making harder for those who are here legally.

Prove it.

Prove the majority are violent criminals that would justify even bringing up to try to tarnish the image of them.

Prove that they suck BILLIONS out of the economy and please balance that with what they CONTRIBUTE to society with their hard work in jobs most Americans believe they are above.

You IGNORE the fact that basic Economics 101 will tell you that economics in society can absorb just so many people before it faulters under the weight of those new people.

Economics 101 tells me that hardest worker wins.

So the situation tells me that Americans that are complaining either need to put up or shut up.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 10:28 AM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

These immigrants come here to WORK their asses off to provide a better life for their children. Their children see all their parents have done for them and in turn they WORK their asses off to become successful in this country. They come with one goal...to WORK

This is EXACTLY what immigrants from the start of the Colonial Era (1600's to 1700's) were like, and up through the mid 1900's. After WWII everything started going downhill as we became more prosperous with more entitlements, making for very spoiled citizens. Nowadays children don't see all "parents have done for them" as motivation to work their butts off...but rather take it for granted and expect the same treatment when they are out in the so-called real world. They aren't motivated to achieve a better standard of living because they already have that at home with mom and dad, and can usually return home if their aspirations fail. We have created "a monster" so to speak, as we the enablers have allowed a nonchalant generation to develop....and our "nanny-state" doesn't help either. I know this doesn't apply to every natural born citizen, because personality and different circumstances determine the outcome also. But in general and for many reasons, Americans lack the motivation that immigrants have.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Like I said .. it doesn't matter why they are coming here.
They are all ILLEGAL and they make life harder for Americans who are here legally.
They cost us money.

And there you have it...the entire point of my thread.

They are competition...competition some Americans can't hang with...and it cost them money.

So let's demonize them...they are violent drug dealing diseased criminals that destroy cultures....that is the picture people in this thread are attempting to paint....but no...there is no hatred

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Illegal Aliens Cost Taxpayers 113$ Billion a Year Staggering Cost of Illegals in America - 2008 346$ Billion Pandering to illegals insult those who came here legally. My fatherinlaw. My neighbor. My own daughter. etc Follow the law ... or don't come here.

You do realize that those sources you provide include IMMIGRANTS, legal and illegal. Furthermore they are full of estimates and guesstimates.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 10:33 AM
link   
reply to post by satoriku

Since you "don't care about legal vs illegal immigration" you must not care bout sovereignty or any of the other pesky aspects of being a nation like laws, economic viability, security, etc.

When we pretend to be "The Land Of The Free"...."The Land Of Opportunity"...when immigration used to be hopping on a boat in Europe and signing your name when you got off the boat...when we used to have a motto of "Give me your tired, your poor, Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free".

No...I don't care about "legal" or "illegal" immigrants...and neither should you if you consider yourself to be an American.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 10:36 AM
link   
reply to post by elrem48

Yes, that is exactly my point.

This nation was made great by immigrants...it is failing because some Americans feel like they are now entitled to a job before one of those sub-human "illegals".

The fact is that great countries are made by determination...I'll gladly accept those determined enough to risk life and limb to come here to work "illegally"...at least they get off their asses and work.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 10:37 AM
link   
I can only speak for the UK and have to say that whilst it is true that a lot of immigrants work hard, there is a little more to it than just jealousy and laziness when we don't agree with them.
Let me explain. Living costs are very high here in the UK, weather you rent a place or own your own home, you have to pay extortionate amounts to have a roof over your head.
Food is extremely expensive, it costs a lot to feed a family. Then you will most likely need a car to get to work and on top of that you have to pay taxes.
To sum it up: If you are a law abiding normal citizen and just want to live a normal life whilst working to pay for it, you need to earn a certain amount of money.

Here come the immigrants.
They have no intention to stay here most of the time, they want to earn money to send home and give their families a better life [nice]. Which is cheaper in their country.
However most of the time, they do not need to live like an average British citizen. You'll find several immigrants [especially illegal ones] sharing a home and hence the rent. They have nobody to feed but themselves, whilst the rest of the money goes is going out of this country [very bad for our economy].

Furthermore, immigrants [especially illegal ones] don't mind taking far less in wages because of the above reasons. Which means employers favour immigrants to Brits.
This has a knock on effect that Brits have difficulties finding a job, because by default they NEED to earn more in order to live a normal life and bring up a family.

Also it is a very lovely myth that immigrants work harder. Yes they certainly seem to at the start, because that is why they came here, to make money. However a large amount is now on benefits, as soon as they noticed that our idiotic government is giving it away, they stop working.
They sometimes bring their families over and use our free medical service NHS to be treated whilst their family members will get benefits.
No illegal immigrant has paid taxes but they get to receive help.
On top of all that they couldn't care less about our ways of life. They are using this country like a tool.

By all means I do not mean all immigrants. I am one myself, but I have always worked, am married to a Brit, paid taxes and hang out with English people rather than Germans. I am fully integrated. I know more British history, grammar and general knowledge than a lot of people who were born here.

I don't think people mind immigrants like myself, it is those that come here, chew and spit out what is left whilst taking jobs with their too good to be true requirements for employers. If you can't understand why people do not like them then you have not had enough life experience.

edit on 18-6-2012 by Hecate666 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 10:39 AM
link   
I would agree and say that some Americans do feel fear toward competition.

We all know for sure that today's American youth has an undeniable feeling of entitlement. Where our ancestors all strived and worked very hard to make the country what it is, today's youth just wants without earning.

The immigrants cannot understand this way of thinking because they HAVE TO work hard at everything they do.

I don't think we can lump all the opponents into this group though. It is most likely only a fraction. Some of them are just angry people while others feel the immigrants are using resources better suited for legal citizens.

Either way it's a topic of epic proportions which will not be quietly resolved anytime soon.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 10:45 AM
link   
reply to post by spinalremain

I don't think we can lump all the opponents into this group though.

I agree...which is why I made it a point to title this with "Some Americans".

I think there are many reasons why people don't like immigrants...legal or illegal.

One of these reasons, IMO, is that some people know that they can not compete with a determined hard worker...and most immigrants are just that.

+27 more 
posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 10:46 AM
link   
Joe Legal vs. Jose Illegal

You have 2 families, Joe Legal and Jose Illegal. Both families have 2 parents, 2 children and live in California .

Joe Legal works in construction, has a Social Security Number, and makes $25.00 per hour with payroll taxes deducted.

Jose Illegal also works in construction, has NO Social Security Number, and gets paid $15.00 cash "under the table."

Joe Legal ... $25.00 per hour x 40 hours = $1000.00 per week = $52,000 per year. Now take 30% away for state and federal tax. Joe Legal now has $31,231.00.

Jose Illegal ... $15.00 per hour x 40 hours = $600.00 per week = $31,200.00 per year. Jose Illegal pays no taxes. Jose Illegal now has $31,200.00.

Joe Legal pays for Medical and Dental Insurance with limited coverage ... $1000.00 per month = $12,000.00 per year. Joe Legal now has $19,231.00.

Jose Illegal has full Medical and Dental coverage through the state and local clinics at a cost of $0.00 per year. Jose Illegal still has $31,200.00.

Joe Legal makes too much money to be eligible for Food Stamps or Welfare so Joe Legal pays for food... $1,000.00 per month = $12,000.00 per year. Joe Legal now has $7,231.00.

Jose Illegal has no documented income and is eligible for Food Stamps and Welfare. Jose Illegal still has $31,200.00.

Joe Legal pays rent of $1,000.00 per month = $12,000.00 per year. Joe Legal is now in the hole -$4,769.00.

Jose Illegal receives a $500 per month Federal rent subsidy, which entirely pays his rent of $500.00 per month = $6,000.00 per year. Jose Illegal still has $31,200.00.

Joe Legal now works overtime on Saturdays and gets a part time job after work to make ends meet.

Jose Illegal has nights and weekends off to enjoy with his family.

Joe Legal's and Jose Illegal's children both attend the same school.

Joe Legal pays for his children's lunches while Jose Illegal's children get free government sponsored lunches.

Joe Legal's children go home after school. Jose Illegal's children have an after school ESL program which, again, is provided free of charge.

Joe Legal and Jose Illegal both enjoy the same Police and Fire Services, but Joe Legal paid for them, and Jose Illegal did not pay.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 10:54 AM
link   
reply to post by kennylee

Really...do we really need propaganda chain emails to argue our points???

I would go through and show how false that is...but if you haven't taken the time to look at the many sites/articles that debunk this line for line...I doubt you would listen to me.

So carry on with your chain emails...we all know that is the best place to get our facts

edit on 18-6-2012 by OutKast Searcher because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Totally hear where you're coming from.

Immigrants who are here and work to the bone are rocking the boat for those who would rather do the bare minimum and have nice things.

Rather than picking up their own slack to balance the competition though, they would rather call foul and sweep the issue under the rug by declaring "not fair". It's actually nothing more than proving their laziness. It's easier to whine than it is to get your ass in high gear and compete.

Even though Juan is better at the job, and puts in more effort while doing it; I am the one entitled to the job because my father was born here. By default the job should be mine.
edit on 18-6-2012 by spinalremain because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 11:02 AM
link   

You forgot to mention that immigrants keep wages depressed in states that have lots of immigrants. That is not the immigrants fault though. That is the fault of the RACISTS who think it is OK to pay a brown skinned man less money than they pay a white skinned man. If you would pay a white skinned man a certain wage to pick your potatoes, run your bulldozer, frame your houses, trim your trees etc., then you should pay the brown skinned man the same wage. Especially if he is working harder for it.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 11:03 AM
link   
ITT: Outkast's opinion is the only valid opinion.

+8 more 
posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Okay then here are FACTS.

Three families of illegals lived next door to me in a two bedroom mobile home. All 3 families had new cars and trucks. All 3 families were on foodstamps. All 3 families were receiving a SSI check monthly from the government. All three families worked UNDER the table, paying no taxes, but getting every kind of benefit they could off the government.

I lived beside them for 2 years and watched this day in and day out. Those are FACTS and not an email, although the email is also spot on with what my experiences have been and with what I have witnessed with my own eyes.

+1 more 
posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 11:10 AM
link   

I think I have this figured out. OS is a illegal alien and using our resources to work and surf the internet all day looking to piss off hard working Americans. It explains everything.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 11:11 AM
link   

You cannot get social security if you are working under the table. You can only collect social security if you have paid into the system. Every year I get a statement from the social security administration telling me what I have paid into the system and what my benefits will be when I retire.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 11:12 AM
link   

I lived beside them for 2 years and watched this day in and day out.

You learned all that from just watching them...huh???

It's funny you can know their personal details like that just from watching them...and I'm sure you knew they were illegal too...just by looking at them. Or maybe the hung a sign outside their door "WE ARE ILLEGAL".

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 11:13 AM
link   
reply to post by groingrinder

I always hear about how illegals can't get benefits because they don't have an SS number. I worked with a girl who I found out later was illegal, and she bragged one day that she and her friends could get a new SS number any time they wanted, and if they got caught they'd just get a new one.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join