It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Because we are British, British born and bred!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by GrandHeretic
reply to post by Citybig

Make no mistake friend, I care about heritage. Perhaps that's what you and the OP are driving at in which case I would tend to agree with you on all counts.

I think heritage is important just as keeping to ones cultural traditions. However, it is not ok to shun the culture of another in the narrow belief that yours is better than anyone else. Again your grasping straws in that regard to dignify your argument.

Immigration is something else entirely, and like a roach infestation, it can have a overwhelming effect on a local society, ANY local society if not properly handled by the government. It is those same Englishmen in that respect that have created this problem you propose to despise.

And one mans traitor, is another mans hero. You just have to recognize that there is 2 sides to every coin. Besides, I would have to have a country I care about to betray before I could be a traitor.

Right now as it stands most countries are toilets in a slow flush. And any defense of such without a massive uprising to cleanse it is just wasting your time.

England is more than my heritage, it is my present, and my future, and this will never change.

I refuse to accept citizenship of any other nation but England. I refuse to accept any other flag but England.

I will never, ever show allegience to any body or representation of the United Kingdom, or "Britain", or any other entity outside England.

I will never ever ever ever accept myself as anything other than English, I will spend the rest of my life defending that position if I have to. Mark my words.
edit on 14-6-2012 by Citybig because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by LUXUS

Originally posted by Shminkee Pinkee

Originally posted by Citybig
I don't come from "Britain", and I am not "British". I come from England, and I'm English. Anyone can and seemingly has become "British", it takes more to be English.

You hold a British Passport and I presume, were born on the Island of Great Britain, i.e. you are British, yes you may have been born in England, which is part of the Island of Great Britain, like i was born in Wales, but you are British, like I am, claiming you aren't because you don't want it to be does not make it so :-)

Ok so my sister is a doctor and she told me how immigrant women would wait until they are about to go into labour then jump on a plain over to the uk. Some of these have to be rushed to hospital when they just get off the plain. Technically that baby is “British” but it will never be English

they're called anchor babies, and I agree, thats a dirty tactic. Perhaps like America, you guys should start deporting them anyway. Hell just get a real bad economy going like in America, they might actually go back home like so many Mexicans are doing.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 12:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Citybig

In which, sir I respect you for that greatly, I wish more people held those values. IMO thats what this world is missing.

I have a pint of frosty with yer name on it

Cheers

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by DrHammondStoat
reply to post by LUXUS

Well I don't trust the gubermint but do you not think that as immigrants are a minority in this country, they are not going to be getting as much money as the larger number of white british that sit on their arse's and collect benefits? If that's true then the problem with this country is not immigrants.

Yes our immigration policy needs reform and probably the intention all along was to get the population of the Uk angry at each other instead of the government. All this will keep us busy whilst the real damage is done. Just look at the right wing parties that are coming up in places like Greece now. It seems like a 'problem,reaction, solution' scenario where the problem we see is immigrants, the reaction is the anger displayed in threads like this. The solution is us begging for right wing governments that will move on to target other people as 'undesirables' once they are rid of the immigrants. Maybe it will be people who have dangerous political views or that visit conspiracy websites.

There is a big difference between a native and therefore white English person claiming benefits in their own land and someone coming from the opposite side of the globe announcing…I’m here now where are my benefits!
No I don’t agree with lazy white British who wont work but I hate the way our country is being used by others…and they have a nasty attitude to top it off!

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by LUXUS

We spent hundreds of years using other peoples countries. What goes round comes round

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 12:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Citybig

How exactly is he a traitor?

Because he doesn't share your views?

I don't think you even know the meaning of the word.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by dashdespatch
reply to post by LUXUS

We spent hundreds of years using other peoples countries. What goes round comes round

So? We should never apologise for our history. We did what was right at the time, too bad if some had to suffer.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by LUXUS

Many people come to London as it's iconic. People often think of London when they think of Britain and obviously many people will want to go there.

You met one Australian in one city, albeit the main one and suddenly you're using that to convey the entire picture of Britain?

You say you worked in housing? So? Where exactly did you work? Have you worked in all the major cities and towns throughout the country?

Or are you just using your experiences to generalise entire ethnic groups?
edit on 14/6/12 by Kram09 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Same issue here in Britsh Columbia, a mass influx of immigrants has change entire city demographics, area's now are completely dominated by Asian, and east Indians, some cities with such a lopsided margin that people have moved away, whom have lived for decades in the same community, due to the fact it just doesn't feel like Canada anymore.

But here I feel it's all vote buying, areas so over-run bye immigration, that there is no democracy, these people get there own race elected, push theres and only there social issues on the whole city, thus marginalizing all those who now feel left out of there communities and cities.

Certain areas in Burnaby one of the cities that has seen a massive influx of immigrants over the past 10 - 20 yrs you if your english speaking can't read a sign on a business for several blocks, is this immigration working well or is it a blatent example of being over-run. I myself have friends of all different designations, all I have chosen due to there ability to transition into Canadian life, they still maintain there culture but also understand that they came to a place that already has culture and systems in place. They have no interest in changing that, just being grateful that they are here. Yet too many have forced there way of life on others, changing store policies to be PC, changing school curiculum to suit the protests of the minority. These things I have a hard time dealing with.

But in closing I feel this is a massive global issue, that seems real ass backwards, since the west is so demonized around the world yet, no other place sees this amount of people yearly trying to make there way to our shores. Even though they so thouroughly disregard our way of life, and the customs that we hold dear.

I would go as far as saying its a failure but the system needs an overhaul to reflect the damage over rampent immigration has caused to nearly every country that has suffered from the influx.

SaneThinking

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 12:55 PM
link   

reply to post by LUXUS

So? We should never apologise for our history. We did what was right at the time, too bad if some had to suffer.

Typical British response.... You folks may have chosen to forget the millions who died as a direct result of the Empire's actions but some of us will never forget.

...as I said before; karma's a bitch so get used to it.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 12:56 PM
link   
This thread has turned into a very interesting debate about nationality, weather one views oneself as “British” or “English”, “Scottish”, “Welsh” or “Irish”

The problem with nationality is that people confuse it with citizenship, nationality denotes the nation one is form or perceives they are from whilst citizenship denotes the actual state they are from. People will often wrongly mistake England as being a state in the way that France is a state for example. The difference is that England is a nation so yes one can be of “English nationality” however by that very virtue they must also be “British”. “British” is used as a way of denoting the nationality of any individual who is form the state of the United Kingdom of Great Brittan and the Province of Northern Ireland, part of this “Great Brittan” part is the part we call England. As such one is both “English” and “British” and default.

Many people will refuse to recognise that they are “British” if they hold a nationalist view however the truth will always remain that they are “British” as they are from the state of the UK. There is not an “English passport” there are no “English embassies” nor is there a “English parliament” there is only “British”, this is a fact.

It is a common problem in the UK that they assume that their nation counts as a state without recognising the difference between the two. It leads to some nationalists holding some entirely illogical views because they do not recognise their own nationality in the first place yet then assume to enter a debate about nationality when they cannot even define their own. It is perhaps pertinent to point out however that one’s nationality is a very personal thing, it’s very dependent on perceptions one could describe their nationality as being a “Londoner” however they would also be “English” and by extension “British” as nationality has to also then have the foundation of the state. Citizenship on the other hand is not quite so abstract, if you are “from” London you are automatically a citizen of the UK not of England.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 12:57 PM
link   

I am not British, I am English, no matter how hard you try to demoralise and bully me, it will not change

But you can't be English without being British, if you say you are not British then you are not English.

Seriously, look it up, you're either both or neither.

You're passport says it, you've pretty much said it as well as denied it, legally it says it.

Self denial doesn't change that fact, you Mr CityBig are a British person.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blarneystoner

reply to post by LUXUS

Typical British response.... You folks may have chosen to forget the millions who died as a direct result of the Empire's actions but some of us will never forget.

"Typical British response" No it isn't. Stop generalising an entire people over one crazies ideology.
I bet there's plenty of nationalistic fools in the country you live in.
As there is everywhere. 2 to 1 you're a yank....

Edit: So...according to the guy who STILL doesn't get what being British and a citizen of the UK is, you're a "mick", as he puts it. That makes sense...seeing as the Irish(ROI) are the nation with the greatest chip on it's shoulder...
edit on 14-6-2012 by TheUnusualSuspect because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 01:05 PM
link   
reply to post by LUXUS

There is a big difference between a native and therefore white English person claiming benefits in their own land and someone coming from the opposite side of the globe announcing…I’m here now where are my benefits!

I know you won’t like this comparison but this is one of Nick Griffins favourite lines.

What counts then as a “native”, does It count if I am say a fourth or fifth generation “British Pakistani”. For many people in the UK if you actually go far enough back in their family tree you find that they have Scandinavian heritage, are these people also not natives.

If we look at benefits for instance, are you saying that an individual who is white and English (I don’t know why you feel a need to specify colour) is more entitled to benefits than somebody who is black and English? Are you saying that somebody who is white and English and never worked a day in his life is more entitled to unemployment benefits that somebody who is originally form Pakistan and has worked for 10 years in Brittan and recently became unemployed.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 01:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Citybig

I refuse to accept citizenship of any other nation but England.

Well considering that the state of England does not exist you cannot have “English” citizenship so you must have quite a problem. Many of the benefits you may take for granted are provided by the state of the UK such as the NHS that is funded by the state, child benefits are provided by the UK state and your passport is not form England it’s a UK passport. But if you are not a citizen of the UK as you claim then you’re not entitled to any of these benefits you can’t have a passport or claim anything of the state of the UK

If you really do refuse to acknowledge that you are a citizen of the UK then you cannot have any citizenship. Your argument is totally flawed, like it or not you are a UK citizen.

edit on 14-6-2012 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blarneystoner

reply to post by LUXUS

Yeah? And you're just a typical sour little mick, jealous that his little country can't even play football let alone manage their economy.

Don't worry though, at least we'll always be around to bail your broke-ass nation out.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by woogleuk

I am not British, I am English, no matter how hard you try to demoralise and bully me, it will not change

But you can't be English without being British, if you say you are not British then you are not English.

Seriously, look it up, you're either both or neither.

You're passport says it, you've pretty much said it as well as denied it, legally it says it.

Self denial doesn't change that fact, you Mr CityBig are a British person.

But that simply isn't the case
You won't change that fact, no matter how many times you try and say it over and over again.

I'll sit here and rebuke you eternally, if you don't believe me, simply test me.

Not "British", ENGLISH AND PROUD

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by OtherSideOfTheCoin
reply to post by Citybig

I refuse to accept citizenship of any other nation but England.

Well considering that the state of England does not exist you cannot have “English” citizenship so you must have quite a problem. Many of the benefits you may take for granted are provided by the state of the UK such as the NHS that is funded by the state, child benefits are provided by the UK state and your passport is not form England it’s a UK passport. But if you are not a citizen of the UK as you claim then you’re not entitled to any of these benefits you can’t have a passport or claim anything of the state of the UK

If you really do refuse to acknowledge that you are a citizen of the UK then you cannot have any citizenship. Your argument is totally flawed, like it or not you are a UK citizen.

edit on 14-6-2012 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

My citizenship is English, my nationality is English, my heritage is English, my flag is English and my future is English.

I do not come from the UK, I am not "British". I come from England, and I am English.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by LUXUS

Multicultural relationships, here in the UK we like Multiculturalism so much that we actively encourage and promote by whatever means necessary interracial relationships. We do this because we want to wipe ourselves out on a genetic level too…and we do this because we are British borne and bred

The majority of us are direct descendants of the first people to return to Albion around 12,000 years ago. Despite the fact that since then we're interbed with numerous influxes of Central Europeans, Danes, Norwegians, Germans, Flems, French, Italians, North Africans ...... and in the past few hundred years with Asians and Americans as well.

We've been multicultural for at least 2,000 years
And over time, we've adapted to and adopted some of the mores of those incoming peoples - from jewellery to language to religion (the current influx is muslims is nothing to what happened 1500 years ago when the Christians basically forced their religion on everyone). And that's what makes us British.

We're a bit like the Borg - assimilating incoming cultures and taking the best bits (like curries!) but always remaining the Borg.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 01:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Citybig

English is to British what Cockney is the English
You can't be one without being the other.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join