It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Because we are British, British born and bred!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 10:20 AM
link   
" In that case I apologise, it's simply that people who enjoy mocking English Nationalism tend to make statements similar to yours, if it wasnt the case then I'm sorry "

Ok no problem. I ask questions in order to understand things, not mock those who believe in them. I suppose I have a hard time understanding Nationalism as it seems like a great fear of inevitable change to me.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Citybig

Originally posted by Shminkee Pinkee

You have a serious chip on your shoulder dude, and you are the one who seems bitter :-) If you don't want to embrace other cultures that's fine, no-one will stop you, but that doesn't mean you should try to stop others from doing so, Live and let live.

Absolutely I do, and more and more English people are starting to feel the weight of the very same chip too.

Tends to happen when you are the only country in a union without a parliament, or where certain things aren't given to you yet you have to pay for them to be given to the other countries, or where you are labelled as a racist for being proud of your country when it is seemingly encouraged in the other nations.

How about this for a sting, Scottish MP's and Welsh MP's can vote on English matters, but no Englishman can vote on Scottish or Welsh matters.

Does tend to cause backs to rise.
edit on 14-6-2012 by Citybig because: (no reason given)

To be honest I'm in favour of English Parliament, Some would say the UK parliament is the English Parliament because at it' s core it has always be Anglocentric, however, THE UK, Parliament deals with British issues that affect us all in the UK, and all of our taxes pay for that, the Welsh assembly get a budget from the UK parliament to run the devolved parts, ie Health education, etc, we should all have devolution, because different factors affect different parts of the Nation, but we are still British. And as for being proud to be Welsh, this is a relatively new thing, for centuries we were ridiculed, I'm not going to go down the whole historical blaming avenue, but our language and entire culture almost died out because past British Governments, trying to stamp it out, applying to us, the mantra of the British Empire, 'To make the whole world England'. I love the English and the Scots they are my British Brothers and Sisters, yes you can be cheeky buggers and pains and the arse, but aren't all families? You sir, I'm sorry to say, have a poor attitude, but you're still family

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 10:31 AM
link   
CityBig - We've locked horns a bit today and I just want to make something clear. I am entirely in support of Welsh and Scottish devolution. If they want to run their own affairs and stop receiving the benefits of what the English bring to the party then so be it. It pisses me off supremely that we pay for prescriptions and tuition fees yet across the border they don't. I also agree that it is truly unfair that Scottish and welsh MPs can vote on English matters, but we don't have reciprocal rights. It might also surprise you that I make a point of putting English as my nationality on forms and such even when it is not listed. If British is the only option, I use the "Other" section to put my nationality. I am also for the record not a "leftist" whatever one of those may be!

However, and this is a big however, your way of approaching the subject matter will get you nowhere bar drowning in your own hatred and loathing of others. Just because people have different politics or culture doesn't mean they have to be demeaned on hated. You can put across you view without being bigoted or offensive. We only have this one planet, why don't we try and get on ffs. Life is too short mate, I promise. Whether you live next to a Welshman, Irishman, Pakistani, Israeli, American, Nigerian etc should not make any difference. It's the person inside, not their place of birth or where they live that's important. This is such a basic fundamental moral obligation, yet it appears you disagree. Why are you so pissed with the non-English. Why the deep hatred and mistrust?

edit on 14/6/2012 by 0010110011101 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 10:36 AM
link   

You have a serious chip on your shoulder dude, and you are the one who seems bitter :-) If you don't want to embrace other cultures that's fine, no-one will stop you, but that doesn't mean you should try to stop others from doing so, Live and let live.

Absolutely I do, and more and more English people are starting to feel the weight of the very same chip too.

Tends to happen when you are the only country in a union without a parliament, or where certain things aren't given to you yet you have to pay for them to be given to the other countries, or where you are labelled as a racist for being proud of your country when it is seemingly encouraged in the other nations.

How about this for a sting, Scottish MP's and Welsh MP's can vote on English matters, but no Englishman can vote on Scottish or Welsh matters.

Does tend to cause backs to rise.

To be honest I'm in favour of English Parliament, Some would say the UK parliament is the English Parliament because at it' s core it has always be Anglocentric, however, THE UK, Parliament deals with British issues that affect us all in the UK, and all of our taxes pay for that, the Welsh assembly get a budget from the UK parliament to run the devolved parts, ie Health education, etc, we should all have devolution, because different factors affect different parts of the Nation, but we are still British. And as for being proud to be Welsh, this is a relatively new thing, for centuries we were ridiculed, I'm not going to go down the whole historical blaming avenue, but our language and entire culture almost died out because past British Governments, trying to stamp it out, applying to us, the mantra of the British Empire, 'To make the whole world England'. I love the English and the Scots they are my British Brothers and Sisters, yes you can be cheeky buggers and pains and the arse, but aren't all families? You sir, I'm sorry to say, have a poor attitude, but you're still family

I do not recognise you as family. I'm sorry, but no matter how hard you and your fellow unionists try, you will not subdue me. That's the problem, people think the union is unbreakable because the unionists have the biggest voices, but it's not true. England would work perfectly well totally independent from the Union, as would Wales, and would Scotland.

I encourage you to go down the blame game, because it will highlight all number of reasons why we simply cannot be united. Differing languages is just the tip of the iceberg, it stems right the way back to the foundings of the first English settlements.

Free trade between eachother yes, free travel between eachother yes, but political union? No thanks.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by 0010110011101
CityBig - We've locked horns a bit today and I just want to make something clear. I am entirely in support of Welsh and Scottish devolution. If they want to run their own affairs and stop receiving the benefits of what the English bring to the party then so be it. It pisses me off supremely that we pay for prescriptions and tuition fees yet across the border they don't. I also agree that it is truly unfair that Scottish and welsh MPs can vote on English matters, but we don't have reciprocal rights. It might also surprise you that I make a point of putting English as my nationality on forms and such even when it is not listed. If British is the only option, I use the "Other" section to put my nationality. I am also for the record not a "leftist" whatever one of those may be!

However, and this is a big however, your way of approaching the subject matter will get you nowhere bar drowning in your own hatred and loathing of others. Just because people have different politics or culture doesn't mean they have to be demeaned on hated. You can put across you view without being bigoted or offensive. We only have this one planet, why don't we try and get on ffs. Life is too short mate, I promise. Whether you live next to a Welshman, Irishman, Pakistani, Israeli, American, Nigerian etc should not make any difference. It's the person inside, not their place of birth or where they live that's important. This is such a basic fundamental moral obligation, yet it appears you disagree. Why are you so pissed with the non-English. Why the deep hatred and mistrust?

You see, you keep coming up with "racism" and "hatred" and "bigoted", this is why I never read your posts, you are like a broken record.

I don't "hate" anyone (except for you), I just want an independent England.

I do not care for your opinions on anything, let alone my methods.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 10:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Citybig

Throw you a bone and you still behave like a caaant. What can I say, small man, no class.

Grow a dick you snivelling oxygen thief.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by DrHammondStoat

Originally posted by LUXUS

Originally posted by DrHammondStoat
reply to post by LUXUS

It is terrible that kids go to school not learning English. I think that anyone who wants to live here should have to learn the language and not expect someone else to do their job in teaching it to their kids. Unfortunately many British kids can't read or write their names when they are sent to school either.

You say that some immigrants (Aussies etc.) do work when they come here but there are groups that don't in your experience. That is at the heart of this issue but people don't like to admit. The real sentiment being expressed here is white immigrants are tolerated, black and asian ones are presumed to be work-shy scroungers and are not. So this comes down to race, not immigration. To keep people fighting against each other you have make people focus on the easily perceived differences such as skin colour. I think this is a tactic with which we will be kept occupied with whilst the rug is pulled from under us by the real villains.

Wrong, oriental, Asians in general don’t claim either…most of them work!

Ok, so we only have one racial type that according to you is the problem! Do you have evidence of this in terms of statistics and figures or is it just a case of anecodtal evidence and headlines in the tabloids?

Wrong again!

Statistics and figures!!!

I worked in housing for 8 years so if you are meeting these people every day there would be something wrong with you if you could not spot trends and yes there are trends!

Do you think the government for example would like to announce to the British public that generally speaking when a Somalian comes into our country they will be on benefits until they die!

Do you think the government would like to announce that a large number of the polish on benefits also actually work...and there are other groups that fit into that category too.

Basically I observed three categories those who go on benefits and then get a job (small percentage), those who go on benefits and will never work even if offered a job, those who work (cash in hand jobs) and claim benefits too....let me tell you if the government actually DID release the true figures the general working public would go berserk!

Forget about government facts, figures, percentages that’s all to keep the general public happy bunnies…as far as possible anyway!

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by 0010110011101
reply to post by Citybig

Throw you a bone and you still behave like a caaant. What can I say, small man, no class.

Grow a dick you snivelling oxygen thief.

Swivel on it you traitor.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 11:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Citybig

Every post u make is negative towards someone or some culture and ur points are shallow. deal with it

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by LUXUS

Well I don't trust the gubermint but do you not think that as immigrants are a minority in this country, they are not going to be getting as much money as the larger number of white british that sit on their arse's and collect benefits? If that's true then the problem with this country is not immigrants.

Yes our immigration policy needs reform and probably the intention all along was to get the population of the Uk angry at each other instead of the government. All this will keep us busy whilst the real damage is done. Just look at the right wing parties that are coming up in places like Greece now. It seems like a 'problem,reaction, solution' scenario where the problem we see is immigrants, the reaction is the anger displayed in threads like this. The solution is us begging for right wing governments that will move on to target other people as 'undesirables' once they are rid of the immigrants. Maybe it will be people who have dangerous political views or that visit conspiracy websites.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by davespanners
I'm sure I'm not the only one that sees the irony in someone that authored the thread "are white people from earth?" complaining about immigration. Or do supernatural space immigrants not count?

Also from that thread

‘I have already seen this matter (Enoch) in a vision and made it known to you. For in the generation of Jared, my father, they [the angels] transgressed the word of the Lord, (that is) the law of heaven. And behold, they commit sin and transgress the commandment; they have united themselves with women and commit sin together with them; and they have married (wives) from among them, and begotten children by them ...

Oh dear they are the product of "interracial" relationships too.
edit on 14-6-2012 by davespanners because: (no reason given)

Yes I do believe humans may have actually originated on another planet in our solar system and left due to its destruction....when we get ourselves a proper spaceship instead of launching ourselves into space on the top of an oversized firework perhaps you wont find the idea so strange! A visit to mars could be most interesting for archaeologists…perhaps we will understand finally what all this pyramid stuff is about.
Just a tad off topic though!

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by GrandHeretic
reply to post by Citybig

But according to you...in fantasy land....your stock will last forever. Hate to put it to you this way but have you noticed? We're all shagging till we're the same color. Nations wont matter soon...there will be no way to tell us apart.

Oh and in your opinion that will be a good thing will it, for all the races on this planet to disappear leaving a planet of mongrels...yeah...cant say I share your dream!

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 11:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Citybig

Not trying to bully you, just stating fact, you're British, get over it.

You're even arguing in a "we are British" thread, it was probably your deep underlying Britishness that brought you here.

You claim to be a citizen of England, therefore that means you are British, got a passport? Even if no, if you apply for a passport it will be a British passport, because you are British.

British blood runs through your veins, suck it up, enjoy it, yeah British and proud, good man!

Rule Britannia!

EDIT: Looksie what I found, I've got one, and I'm English / British, you are entitled to one of these too, being the wonderful British person you are and all

edit on 14/6/12 by woogleuk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 12:00 PM
link   

I don't come from "Britain", and I am not "British". I come from England, and I'm English. Anyone can and seemingly has become "British", it takes more to be English.

You hold a British Passport and I presume, were born on the Island of Great Britain, i.e. you are British, yes you may have been born in England, which is part of the Island of Great Britain, like i was born in Wales, but you are British, like I am, claiming you aren't because you don't want it to be does not make it so :-)

Ok so my sister is a doctor and she told me how immigrant women would wait until they are about to go into labour then jump on a plain over to the uk. Some of these have to be rushed to hospital when they just get off the plain. Technically that baby is “British” but it will never be English

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 12:02 PM
link   
reply to post by LUXUS

I never thought it would be good, where did you read that? I'm merely stating that it is an issue that we are currently stuck with as individuals. Never said I was happy about it.

Yet under the current model things are moving to a more unified state of being, that coupled with interracial child rearing any foreshadow that is the white race is quickly becoming mute in today's demographic.

In America it is now believed that whites are officially the minority, when it was suspected of being such many years before that came out. I also suspect that the same will soon hold true for England and everywhere else.

We are becoming a race of one color...so then what do we hate on next? shoe size?

There comes a time when ones beliefs become outdated because they don't fit the current social model of living in a modern age.....the same has played true for every culture spread throughout history and the examples of such are everywhere. Like life, culture and the pride that goes with it is a constantly evolving monster of sorts. Even Americans don't really speak proper English anymore.

I never said I agreed with that assessment, only that we are stuck with it.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by woogleuk
reply to post by Citybig

Not trying to bully you, just stating fact, you're British, get over it.

You're even arguing in a "we are British" thread, it was probably your deep underlying Britishness that brought you here.

You claim to be a citizen of England, therefore that means you are British, got a passport? Even if no, if you apply for a passport it will be a British passport, because you are British.

British blood runs through your veins, suck it up, enjoy it, yeah British and proud, good man!

Rule Britannia!

EDIT: Looksie what I found, I've got one, and I'm English / British, you are entitled to one of these too, being the wonderful British person you are and all

edit on 14/6/12 by woogleuk because: (no reason given)

I'm not going to allow you to goad me. I am not. I am better than that.

You will not bully me.

You will not bully me. I will not allow you to goad me into a rage. You will not bully me.

You will not bully me out of being proud to be English, not British. You wont.

You will not bully me.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by LUXUS

Karma's a bitch! Ain't she?

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 12:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Citybig

I promise you, hand on my British heart, I am not a bully, a troll, nor am I trying to pick on you. I am merely trying to prove to you in this most British of threads, that you are a fellow countryman, a British countryman.

Whether a Scottishman, an Englishman, a Welshman or an Irishman (sounds like the start of one of them jokes), we are all on the same island(s), the British isles, and we all like Vindaloo (and haggis, and black pudding, etc).

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 12:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Citybig

Make no mistake friend, I care about heritage. Perhaps that's what you and the OP are driving at in which case I would tend to agree with you on all counts.

I think heritage is important just as keeping to ones cultural traditions. However, it is not ok to shun the culture of another in the narrow belief that yours is better than anyone else. Again your grasping straws in that regard to dignify your argument.

Immigration is something else entirely, and like a roach infestation, it can have a overwhelming effect on a local society, ANY local society if not properly handled by the government. It is those same Englishmen in that respect that have created this problem you propose to despise.

And one mans traitor, is another mans hero. You just have to recognize that there is 2 sides to every coin. Besides, I would have to have a country I care about to betray before I could be a traitor.

Right now as it stands most countries are toilets in a slow flush. And any defense of such without a massive uprising to cleanse it is just wasting your time.

And just to add, I am happy you have English pride as I think that's important for everyone to have and display. Just don't let that pride perpetuate ignorance on prides behalf. Stay true to who you are and I can respect you for that.

edit on 14-6-2012 by GrandHeretic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by woogleuk
reply to post by Citybig

I promise you, hand on my British heart, I am not a bully, a troll, nor am I trying to pick on you. I am merely trying to prove to you in this most British of threads, that you are a fellow countryman, a British countryman.

Whether a Scottishman, an Englishman, a Welshman or an Irishman (sounds like the start of one of them jokes), we are all on the same island(s), the British isles, and we all like Vindaloo (and haggis, and black pudding, etc).

I am not British, I am English, no matter how hard you try to demoralise and bully me, it will not change

ENGLAND FOREVER.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join