It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Because we are British, British born and bred!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 09:41 AM
link   
Multiculturalism has pretty much failed in America too. Most groups keep to themselves in different parts of the country.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Citybig
I don't come from "Britain", and I am not "British". I come from England, and I'm English. Anyone can and seemingly has become "British", it takes more to be English.

You hold a British Passport and I presume, were born on the Island of Great Britain, i.e. you are British, yes you may have been born in England, which is part of the Island of Great Britain, like i was born in Wales, but you are British, like I am, claiming you aren't because you don't want it to be does not make it so :-)

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by GrandHeretic

Originally posted by Perhaps
reply to post by LUXUS

Call it retribution for over three hundred years of British colonisation.

Can't wait to see the retribution your artificial nation and nationality will suffer for the ways you slaughtered the Aboriginals and stole their land. That will be a pleasure to see.

Funny you should say that my Roman friend, America doesn't seem to have an issue with the natives they stole land from why should they?

And saying yer English is a blanket statement, what kind of English are you? If yer name is pronounced with a fair amount of phlem....probably not english then.

Saxon? or Anglo? Norse? or Moor? Franco or Hessian?

I mean you are splitting hairs here, Im just wanting you to be more specific in doing so. Nothing wrong with national pride and all...it still has its uses.

Tá a fhios ya, ach ag rá

I'm the sort of English that isn't going to let a bitter little celt patronise me or my nationality, now get back under your bridge, bog trotter.

More casual racism I see. You really are a nasty piece of work aren't you? EDL much, you don't reside in Luton per chance?

Anyway, multiculturalism hasn't worked because the parties involved haven't worked together. Quite frankly, we're all on this planet together, which ever corner of it we were born on should not stop us embracing others and their cultures too. Embrace and learn, don't ignore and demean. You'll be much happier I promise.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shminkee Pinkee

I don't come from "Britain", and I am not "British". I come from England, and I'm English. Anyone can and seemingly has become "British", it takes more to be English.

You hold a British Passport and I presume, were born on the Island of Great Britain, i.e. you are British, yes you may have been born in England, which is part of the Island of Great Britain, like i was born in Wales, but you are British, like I am, claiming you aren't because you don't want it to be does not make it so :-)

Unless you are Welsh or Scottish, where it is allowed to be Welsh and not British or Scottish and not British, right?

Well, you can shaft yourself. I come from England, not Britain. Don't like it? Too f*cking bad.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by EvanB
Multiculturalism does not work in my area..

It was a huge mistake...

Oh neither in mine. Unless you are into every other culture apart from the culture of the country you are in.

What is English/British culture? How do you define it? I've honestly never really got a good answer from anybody on this.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by 0010110011101
More casual racism I see. You really are a nasty piece of work aren't you? EDL much, you don't reside in Luton per chance?

Racism is such an overused word. Can't you think of something new? EDL comparisons are so 2009 darling.

Anyway, multiculturalism hasn't worked because the parties involved haven't worked together. Quite frankly, we're all on this planet together, which ever corner of it we were born on should not stop us embracing others and their cultures too. Embrace and learn, don't ignore and demean. You'll be much happier I promise.

I don't want to embrace other cultures. I want to embrace my own culture. I couldn't care less about foreign cultures. The only one here demeaning is you, but then what did you expect from a bitter, hypocritical leftist.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Unless you are Welsh or Scottish, where it is allowed to be Welsh and not British or Scottish and not British, right?

Well, you can shaft yourself. I come from England, not Britain. Don't like it? Too f*cking bad.

Of course you are allowed to be English, ffs, if anything Englishness is rammed down the throat of the rest of UK, especially when there is a footie match on:-). I don't know where you get you dellusions Laser Brain? It doesn't alter the fact you were born in Britain and are a British Citizen, the same as me, although I'm clearly not as angry as you.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by DrHammondStoat

It was a huge mistake...

Oh neither in mine. Unless you are into every other culture apart from the culture of the country you are in.

What is English/British culture? How do you define it? I've honestly never really got a good answer from anybody on this.

en.wikipedia.org...

I know you'd like to patronise us futher, but there is a wikipedia article which you'll no doubt not read because it was never your intention to learn about our culture, just to mock us.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Of course you are allowed to be English, ffs, if anything Englishness is rammed down the throat of the rest of UK, especially when there is a footie match on:-). I don't know where you get you dellusions Laser Brain? It doesn't alter the fact you were born in Britain and are a British Citizen, the same as me, although I'm clearly not as angry as you.

Nope, I wasn't, and I'm not. I was born in England, and I am English. Not British, or from Britain.

We are not the same, you are foreign to me.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 09:59 AM
link   
I think you would be better sticking to the stormfront forums

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Racism is such an overused word. Can't you think of something new? EDL comparisons are so 2009 darling.

I don't want to embrace other cultures. I want to embrace my own culture. I couldn't care less about foreign cultures. The only one here demeaning is you, but then what did you expect from a bitter, hypocritical leftist.

You have a serious chip on your shoulder dude, and you are the one who seems bitter :-) If you don't want to embrace other cultures that's fine, no-one will stop you, but that doesn't mean you should try to stop others from doing so, Live and let live.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 10:02 AM
link   
The anger in this thread is a result of government after government stripping away working class culture and identity.

I don't have any time for the precious idiots that run EDL, BNP or any of the other "nationalist" groups, but I do have a lot of sympathy for the people that have been worn down, ignored and lied to so much they decide to throw in their lot with them since all the others either don't care, lie about caring or actively detest the white working classes.

Gotta say though, xenophobia is corrosive and will eat you away if you don't keep a watch out.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 10:02 AM
link   

It was a huge mistake...

en.wikipedia.org...

I know you'd like to patronise us futher, but there is a wikipedia article which you'll no doubt not read because it was never your intention to learn about our culture, just to mock us.

I didn't intend to seem patronising in anyway. I honestly would like to know what somebody who feels so strongly about preserving English culture, thinks english culture is. I will read the article.

Also who is this 'us' you are talking about? I'm English myself.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 10:03 AM
link   
well my friend when u put it that way it must meen that your British culture isint that grate after all no body guna come in to your #rey and chainge the culture if majority dont want it to b chainged just my thought

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 10:05 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 10:06 AM
link   

It was a huge mistake...

en.wikipedia.org...

I didn't intend to seem patronising in anyway. I honestly would like to know what somebody who feels so strongly about preserving English culture, thinks english culture is. I will read the article.

Also who is this 'us' you are talking about? I'm English myself.

In that case I apologise, it's simply that people who enjoy mocking English Nationalism tend to make statements similar to yours, if it wasnt the case then I'm sorry

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Nope, I wasn't, and I'm not. I was born in England, and I am English. Not British, or from Britain.

We are not the same, you are foreign to me.

This could go on all day, I'll agree we are not the same dude, you are obviously orbiting some other planet, my mistake, I was not aware England wasn't part of the Island of Great Britain, and joined on to Wales and Scotland, I must have missed that geography lesson, I haven't noticed the vast expanse of ocean every time I drive over the border, which I don't need a passport for, didn't realise my car was so good it could drive over water, for that matter, quite surprising for a Vauxhall :-)

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 10:10 AM
link   

I really don't think he knows what being British means lol.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 10:10 AM
link   

You have a serious chip on your shoulder dude, and you are the one who seems bitter :-) If you don't want to embrace other cultures that's fine, no-one will stop you, but that doesn't mean you should try to stop others from doing so, Live and let live.

Absolutely I do, and more and more English people are starting to feel the weight of the very same chip too.

Tends to happen when you are the only country in a union without a parliament, or where certain things aren't given to you yet you have to pay for them to be given to the other countries, or where you are labelled as a racist for being proud of your country when it is seemingly encouraged in the other nations.

How about this for a sting, Scottish MP's and Welsh MP's can vote on English matters, but no Englishman can vote on Scottish or Welsh matters.

Does tend to cause backs to rise.
edit on 14-6-2012 by Citybig because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by nervus
well my friend when u put it that way it must meen that your British culture isint that grate after all no body guna come in to your #rey and chainge the culture if majority dont want it to b chainged just my thought

And if you're British, nor is the education system.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join