It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Spirit Animal Guides Mine is Raven, what is yours?

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 11:21 PM
link   
I know for sure that mine is a stingray. My dreams are 90% water related and whenever I get spooked, too deep, in dangerous water - there he is to lead me out or keep me calm.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 11:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Darkblade71
reply to post by AuranVector

I used to dream about giant boas and giant spiders that would block me out and away from books in my basement. I really wanted to read those books too...lol

Never got past the spiders.

That is highly significant. I don't know if you believe in reincarnation or not. I do, but that's because I remember from a very early age bits & pieces of other lives.

In the yogic tradition, it is believed that one's experience in a particular incarnation is recorded along the shushumna nadi (this is spelled differently depending on which glyphs you are using). (The shushumna nadi is one's astral spine, a channel for the serpent fire from the lowest major chakra to the highest crown chakra.)

Those recordings are sometimes called samskaras. In dreams, those samskaras can appear as dangerous or frightening creatures, such as large spiders, etc.

These samskaras are, in essence, psychic scars from past life traumas which can correlate with destructive compulsive behaviors in the individual.

These psychic scars can block you from your desires. In your dream, these internal complexes & habit patterns were blocking you from the books (knowledge) that you wanted.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 11:59 PM
link   
Mine is some species of big cat I think. It was when I was a kitten.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 12:02 AM
link   
mine is a jaguar I dont have much to say about it but it it.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 12:16 AM
link   

Wow, well I am glad I have not ran into any more of those spiders!
That was actually a reoccurring dream I had for a while.
yeah, I relived the last couple of hours of my last lifetime,
so I believe in reincarnation

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 12:23 AM
link   
Somebody asked for a way to find this Power or guide animal?
youtu.be...
I have not watched it. I got my vision, hallucination, or whatever from a brujo In central mexico. I could actually feel my whiskers, fur and fangs. I had spots in the mirror, I was 12. Since then I have felt the power of the hawk. the owl, the iguana, the coyote and the ants. I forgot a few.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 08:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by JewelFlip
I know for sure that mine is a stingray. My dreams are 90% water related and whenever I get spooked, too deep, in dangerous water - there he is to lead me out or keep me calm.

That is awesome!!

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 08:25 AM
link   
Mine is the Bat :/ not by choice. Its not bad just challenging all the time.
2nd line if it matters

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 12:05 PM
link   
reply to post by SmashPapayaKC

There have been a few bats on the board.
Not as bad as one might think

Check it out:

bat-power-animal-symbol-of-rebirth

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Wow, well I am glad I have not ran into any more of those spiders!
That was actually a reoccurring dream I had for a while.
yeah, I relived the last couple of hours of my last lifetime,
so I believe in reincarnation

I’m glad you KNOW that reincarnation is real. Makes it a lot easier to communicate.

I’ve been thinking why you might have samskaras that would block you from books.

It occurred to me that you may have been a knowledge-keeper who was killed for having “forbidden” knowledge.

As an example, the Library of Alexandria was not only burned down a number of times (by Christians & Muslims), but the priests & priestesses at the library were also killed. They did not want knowledge getting out that contradicted their teachings.

Actually there could be a variety of reasons why you might have subconscious blocks to books.

What if you were very learned and misused that knowledge. Or intellectual brilliance made you arrogant? You may still be afraid of power.

Or in another lifetime, you may have occupied a very humble station, and a hidden part of you still feels “unworthy” of the book-learning of your “betters”.

It may be some combination of the above. I’m sure you’re an old soul with many incarnations.

That the dreams have stopped may mean those samskaras have been cleared out.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 11:01 PM
link   

Well, I was once was told by someone
that I used to be an apprentice to a medicine man in Africa 7 or 8 lifetimes ago,
and since then I have been evolving towards this lifetime,
where it is all supposed to bear fruit.

I don't know that for certain though.
The lifetime before this I was raising wolf/dog breeds for the military
and was killed when one turned on me and ripped my throat out.
That is about the only lifetime I can vouch for besides the one I am in now..lol

The blocks could of been several things that I was going through/experiencing at the time of the dreams. At that point I was highly intuitive, but also very ill. It was a "healer,heal thyself thing". I had to get rid of a lot of emotional/psychic baggage. I agree, it was information being kept from me. I believe I was not ready for it yet.
Of that I am sure.

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 12:51 PM
link   
The crows were talking to me this morning as I walked the building grounds. Right after I picked up some garbage and was heading back to the building I heard wings and when I turned around, two crows were picking up more of the garbage and flying off...

I guess they liked the color yellow, which was what the paper was that some kids had strewn around the back of the apartment building. It was strange though. They looked right at me then flew away

Shortly after, another black bird of some kind was looking at me from the second story window as I came out of the elevator. Just had to share that.

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 10:31 PM
link   
I just have to say that all the dreams that people have shared on this thread are just incredible to me. Each time I read one my mouth dropped in awe and...I don't know...recognition of the message? Nonetheless, I love hearing about dreams like that.

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 09:03 AM
link   
reply to post by awakendhybrid

Me too!
I was rather surprised at the amount of dreams and animal connections.
It is making for a very interesting thread!
A lot of good information
on how theses things seem to work from several different aspects and people.

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 11:09 AM
link   
So now I must come back and share a couple of insights and coincidences since seeing this thread. I visited the site where the sparrow info was posted in the beginning of this thread. I started at the A-animals to just read through them while thinking about the kinds of animals that have come into my life over the last few years.

I get the the Cardinal who is about recognizing your self importance and in a flash I relive a dream I had right after my grandmother died last year. She was standing in the middle of a room where a party seemed to be taking place. She was staring at me and shaking her head in disappointment. All this time I couldn't figure out what about me, even after death, she could be so disappointed in. Her favorite bird was the cardinal. She LOVED birds and the last conversation I had with her before she died was actually about how many cardinals I'd been seeing in the area I'd just moved to. I've recently just moved again. One of the first birds to greet me was a cardinal.

After I settle down from that I continue reading. Its late and I'm in bed so by the time I get to the D-animals I'm falling asleep (this was last night). I fall asleep with a vague intention that I will learn more about those animals that may be in my own totem. Before I go into my main dream I'll share a dream where I was in the ocean searching for manta ray. There were underwater cages nearby (weird I know...were they attached to a boat?). One had a small sting ray trying to escape, the other had...a cat. I saw this manta ray swim by me a couple times, but my vision was cloudy and I had to continually remind myself to breath.

Anyway, on to my main dream:

This morning I wake relieved that I'm no longer dreaming. I lay there thinking about the dream and realize it was blatantly animal. The dream was of me and I think one of my sisters in a hotel room. I noticed a large, bright, green praying mantis hanging from the sheer curtains. There was a smaller, paler one right next to her. My sister and I were curious at first but then the insects started freaking out or something. My memory is still hazy on this part, but evidently they were going mad and causing us enough discomfort that we felt we had to kill them--except we desperately didn't want to. We were screaming and balling our eyes out trying to silence them. I threw a pillow onto the larger one (who was now 3-4 times larger than a normal Mantis) and as soon as I heard a crack I jumped off. My sister grabbed the smaller baby mantis between her two hands and, while crying intensely, killed it.

It was done, everything was still and we were heartbroken. But no, the mother praying mantis, though still, was alive. I wrapped her up while we mourned her and took her into my arms. She turned into a human baby and we both kissed her head. A while later I carefully got up to lay the praying mantis somewhere safe knowing I needed to wake soon...and then I did.

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 06:43 AM
link   
I would love to know what my totem animal is! But I have no clue. I would think feline as I have always had an affinity for cats (have 2 now) but am unsure.

I am a spiritual person and meditating (focussing) is really difficult for me and I almost NEVER remember any dream I have. I am trying to locate a shamanic drumming cd as I read that it would be an easier way to go into that realm and meet my spiritual guides for the first time (I know they are always with me because I feel them sometimes) but I would like to "meet them".

Would anyone know of a website where I can download "drumming" music or any advise on my issues would be greatly appreciated.

I would give it a go tonight and post my exxperience tomorrow if I can find what I need. (I am so close I can feel it)

Great thread btw and love reading everyone's accounts/dreams...I find it fascinating.

Teye22

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Maybe mine is a June Bug. I have recurring dreams of almost flying and crashing into things.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 10:48 AM
link   
I've had a very vivid dream last night with a raccoon suggesting me to perform the Hakini mudra (and he showed me the posture) as well as another one i've heard mentally but can't remember exactly the name. It sounded like "hataka".

edit on 8-6-2012 by D1ss1dent because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 08:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Darkblade71

Hi, in when you do shamanic rituals there is one where you enter, "in your mind", a familiar hole og entrance to the lowerworld, wich is not hell nor negative, and travel through caves. Then when you get out of the cave and into the lower world, which looks like whatever world you could imagine, then IF u see the SAME animal from 4 DIFFERENT angles, you got yourself a spirit animal/guardian/guide .... Losing your spirit animal is not good and you will suffer from mental illnesses,, yet spirit animals will always leave you and others will come when you do the rituals, you can also get the same spirit animal to stay if you exercise it and make its movements through your human body and let the spirit once again feel material movement. You can also have alot of spirit animals at the same time ! read The Way Of The Shaman, bu Michael Harner - Personal experience, great stories and myth and guide on how to do rituals and such in one book.

If this was to any help i am glad

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 08:03 AM
link   

reply to post by jiggerj

Actually, dung beetles are very cool critters!
And super hard workers.

Eh, you're full of crap. Oh no, wait! I meant Dung Beetles are full of crap! What do they do with that crap, anyway? Eat it?

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join