Spirit Animal Guides Mine is Raven, what is yours?

page: 12
47
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

log in

join

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 08:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by SmashPapayaKC
Mine is the Bat :/ not by choice. Its not bad just challenging all the time.
2nd line if it matters


Bats are brilliant creatures, don't feel so bad about it!

I've had experiences with several animals/beings/creatures so I can't put it down to one. I'd like to, but I can't. Main few are Crow, Panther, Dragon, Phoenix. Crow and Panther were from a while back mainly, Dragon and Phoenix a lot more over the last couple of years.

Phoenix is 'mythical' though so I don't know how that fits into this type of thing. If I had to say one though that would be the one I think. If a Phoenix didn't count I'm not really sure, but feel really connected to Panthers.
edit on 15-6-2012 by robhines because: added




posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 04:22 AM
link   
reply to post by robhines
 


Mine is probably a Crow, Raven or a Magpie.
It seems that corvus are all over the place!



posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 07:26 AM
link   
Wow I have just sat and read everything, I dont know anything about this animal totems, I want to discover mine.
Do I have to look for it or does it find me.. the thing is im not a spiritual person will this stop me from finding mine? also im not from native origin? do I need to meditate?
Regards Jamie

p.s. my dreams are normally disaster ones, nuclear power plants going melt down, war, death, pretty dark stuff...
edit on 16-6-2012 by ototheb85 because: added something in



posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 08:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Darkblade71
 


according to your description, I must be a snake because I dream of snakes alot... I know that in different religions and theories a snake stand for "knowledge" or something like that....

So am I now the antichrist/devil in person, or what ?
edit on 16-6-2012 by yougetwhatyoudeserve because: (no reason given)



posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 09:05 AM
link   
reply to post by yougetwhatyoudeserve
 


SNAKE - Wisdom, Healing, Initiation, The symbol of eternity. This a powerful totem -- it is the symbol of transformation and healing. The Snake is wisdom expressed through healing. It is a protector and guardian totem, along with its sister totems, the Dragon and the Serpent. If a snake totem has come into your life, your creative forces are awakening. Your intuition will sharpen and be more accurate. Snake energy is the energy of wholeness, cosmic consciousness, and the ability to experience anything willingly and without resistance. It is the knowledge that all things are equal in creation. It also signals a transition in your life. New opportunities and/or changes. Snake is fire medicine, the medicine of transmutation. On a material level, it is vitality; on an emotional level, it is ambition and dreams; on a mental level, it is intellect and power; on a spiritual level (the highest level), it is wisdom, understanding and wholeness. Snake magic is heavy magic. Become the Magician and transmute the energy and accept the power of the fire. The Snake is one of the symbols of Thoth.



posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 09:40 AM
link   
Mine is a very large crocodile, but a psychic once told me I also had some kind of dog watching over me too.

Crocodile: ...connection to the Earth

www.animalspirits.com...



posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 09:43 AM
link   
reply to post by ototheb85
 


I would advise you to meditate with the sole purpose of contacting your spirit guide. You must clear your thoughts totally and get to that place of blackness. Once there, your spirit guide should appear to you. Be prepared with a test question that only your spirit guide will understand and be wary of the answer. I asked mine "Which direction should I take in my career" (I already knew the answer), the reply was "You already know the answer to that question".



posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 09:57 AM
link   
20 yrs ago this thread would have pissed me off. Now I just shake my head. Firstly, when you say "native americans" at the very least understand that we are all not one people.. each tribe and groups within tribes have all different beliefs and social structure. Even the term "native american" is very offensive to some and they prefer indian. So understand that one tribe may not believe what the other tribe does and on and on. Different animals have different meanings to each tribe or group. Some have no meaning at all. To me, the owl certainly doesnt mean what Ive read here. I also think that many have a misconception concerning the spirit guides or totems or spirit animals. But.. to each his or her own.


Me? Im 100% Siksika..Piegan.. you call it Blackfoot. I do not have a "totem".



posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by D1ss1dent
reply to post by yougetwhatyoudeserve
 


SNAKE - Wisdom, Healing, Initiation, The symbol of eternity. This a powerful totem -- it is the symbol of transformation and healing. The Snake is wisdom expressed through healing. It is a protector and guardian totem, along with its sister totems, the Dragon and the Serpent. If a snake totem has come into your life, your creative forces are awakening. Your intuition will sharpen and be more accurate. Snake energy is the energy of wholeness, cosmic consciousness, and the ability to experience anything willingly and without resistance. It is the knowledge that all things are equal in creation. It also signals a transition in your life. New opportunities and/or changes. Snake is fire medicine, the medicine of transmutation. On a material level, it is vitality; on an emotional level, it is ambition and dreams; on a mental level, it is intellect and power; on a spiritual level (the highest level), it is wisdom, understanding and wholeness. Snake magic is heavy magic. Become the Magician and transmute the energy and accept the power of the fire. The Snake is one of the symbols of Thoth.


Sounds pretty good to me, but one of those snakes in my dreams actually talked to me, it said "do what I say" after he/she spoked to me I got bitten by it and woke up pretty rude. In another dream they tried to attack me again but I managed to jump away, and after that I woke up....

I don't really get the message of it....

To be honest, those snake dreams were not really pleasant, more like scary



posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 10:08 AM
link   
reply to post by InTheLight
 


Ahhh wicked thanks



posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 10:15 AM
link   
reply to post by ototheb85
 


The second time I contacted the cocodile and asked it a question (again, I already knew the answer to) it just laughed at me. I don't try to contact it anymore because I just can't think of a question to ask it.



posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 10:20 AM
link   
reply to post by yougetwhatyoudeserve
 


I would say dreams are simply your subconscious making sense of it all. However, if the snake is actually your spirit guide appearing to you in your dreams, and if you believe that the snake is fire medicine, the medicine of transmutation, then it's telling you to transmutate. Do you need to transmutate?



posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 10:23 AM
link   
reply to post by InTheLight
 


Sorry whats transmutate?



posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 10:25 AM
link   
reply to post by ototheb85
 


This is from the post above:

On a material level, it is vitality; on an emotional level, it is ambition and dreams; on a mental level, it is intellect and power; on a spiritual level (the highest level), it is wisdom, understanding and wholeness. Snake magic is heavy magic. Become the Magician and transmute the energy and accept the power of the fire. The Snake is one of the symbols of Thoth.

What does that mean to you?



posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by InTheLight
reply to post by yougetwhatyoudeserve
 


I would say dreams are simply your subconscious making sense of it all. However, if the snake is actually your spirit guide appearing to you in your dreams, and if you believe that the snake is fire medicine, the medicine of transmutation, then it's telling you to transmutate. Do you need to transmutate?


If I am correct, transmutate is the same thing as "changing your life"? I am already changing big parts of my life, so it could be right to say that I am in somekind of tranformation progress.

I am changing my life from a "messy", "chaotic", "party party" and "college kid" kind of lifestyle to a more adult and serious kind of lifestyle, which all works pretty well.



posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Cool thread!

My power animal is a freshwater seal. I had a dream about one and didn't know they existed until much later. They apparently live in only one place on earth:

en.wikipedia.org...

In the dream I could swim like them, and they waited for me in the middle of a lake on a rock. But before I met him/her, I had to climb out of a sand pit filled with broken computer parts.

Never been to Russia, never thought about it, although this might be a good reason!

I like the fact that they bridge the gap of two different environments. I can relate to that.



posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 03:22 PM
link   
My power animal is... the sloth.

I agree vehemently with the Blackfoot poster. "Native American" encompasses over 500 different language groups, and every variety of religious faith found on any other continent, from strict monotheist to polytheist to strict materialist.

If you weren't raised in a tradition that involves this understanding of the spirit world, don't expect it to have meaning in your life, unless you think there's a lot of power in appropriating bits and pieces of other cultures and making a mishmash that doesn't produces any results.

Google "Plastic Shaman" to learn more.



posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pilot
Cool thread!

My power animal is a freshwater seal. I had a dream about one and didn't know they existed until much later. They apparently live in only one place on earth:

en.wikipedia.org...

In the dream I could swim like them, and they waited for me in the middle of a lake on a rock. But before I met him/her, I had to climb out of a sand pit filled with broken computer parts.

Never been to Russia, never thought about it, although this might be a good reason!

I like the fact that they bridge the gap of two different environments. I can relate to that.


Isn't that interesting. I have learned something new today. TY



posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 12:10 AM
link   
Well since reading your thread i have been asking to see if i have any animal guides, and if I'm right, it turned out I've been surrounded by them for a while now.

all i was receiving is this "around you"

It finally dawned on me, is it possible that my totem is the camel? at first i was trying to feel the spirital side like ghosts or entity's.

Then it occurred to me i have a fascination with camels and i have a few in my home ironically they are placed around the house on shelves forming a circle all facing clock wise when placed. my daughter pointed this out to me, i just put them where i thought they looked pretty.

i placed them all on the table so i could take a photo for you, i did miss a few though, I have a clock and few more sitting in bedrooms and well.. everywhere lol


On searching I found this interesting.
Animal Spirit Guides: An Easy-To-Use Handbook: Camel

Thanks for this thread I've enjoyed reading everyone's posts in it.

love and harmony
Whateva
edit on 17/6/12 by Whateva69 because: I found a link



posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 08:58 AM
link   
What a lovely camel collection. Do you dream of camels?





new topics
top topics
 
47
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

log in

join