It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Afghanistan Exit Will Humiliate The United States Worse Than Vietnam

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by pavil

to whom is the debt owed?

the answer to that question is the most important issue.

choose your own fate.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Germanicus

What's really humiliating is how you start an aggressive thread with your usual "them" and "they" anti-USA bashing tone, if your not trolling with your extreme anti-USA views its a fine line, and as the thread matures start back peddling and start saying "we" and "us" to Americans .

Now that has got to be humiliating

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by michaelbrux

Basically everybody. The Fed Reserve the main culprit in all of this, but the debt is so widespread that you just couldn't walk away from it and things would be peachy. The debt is a huge drag on the economy anyway you look at it.

You aren't advocating that huge National Debts are a sound fiscal policy, are you?

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 02:02 PM
link   
reply to post by pavil

to whom is the debt owed? i ask again.

give me an exact location. since you claim to know.

to whom is the debt owed?

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 02:04 PM
link   

The Fed Reserve
China
Japan
Pension Funds
Mutual Funds
European Governments
State and Local Governments
Brazil
Oil Countries in the Middle East
Various other countries

Your point is????????????

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by pavil

to whom do they owe a debt?

there is only one name you have to give.

when its given, all your lies will collapse upon you.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Germanicus
"You know if we'd lost here in Vietnam, I think it might've driven us crazy. Y'know, as a country. But we didn't. Thanks to you."- Edward Blake to dr Manhattan ( The Watchman)

The Watchmen is set in an alternate reality where the United States wins the Vietnam War by using superheros. I think Blake is right. Vietnam had a bad affect on America. Failure in Afghanistan will make the United states look very weak and unstable.

edit on 25-5-2012 by Germanicus because: (no reason given)

The United States ALREADY looks very weak and unstable. My grandfather was in Afghanistan with BEF in the 1930's, and said it was absolutely hands down the worst place he'd ever been in, and couldn't undertstand why ANYONE would want to be there. When he was still alive he always thought it was absolutely crazy for the Russians to even TRY and deal with Afghanistan. He'd be laughing at the USA right now if he were still alive.

British - FAILED
Russians - FAILED
Americans - About to FAIL.

These are bushmen in caves, people.

Bottom line is this. When there is an insurgency in place using militia instead of regular army, the militia wins nearly every single time. Case in point, the Americans beat the British Army in the Revolutionary war, not with their regular army (which mostly failed misreably) but with militia.
edit on 25-5-2012 by babybunnies because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by babybunnies

I second that and the OPs point as well. The US exit from Afghanistan probably also has to do with election year politics and the negative opinion with the war. Combine that with only 25% of the Taliban eliminated over the course of 10 years. What do you get? Humiliation and embarrassment.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 02:22 PM
link   
some of you must be bots. you don't know the answer to anything or you won't answer because you be outed as a fraud.

all the wars are over and you are depressed as the sofa cushion under a fat man's ass.

America even managed to win Vietnam back in this fake 'war on terror' and all you have to tell is the saddest story ever written.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tazkven

What's really humiliating is how you start an aggressive thread with your usual "them" and "they" anti-USA bashing tone, if your not trolling with your extreme anti-USA views its a fine line, and as the thread matures start back peddling and start saying "we" and "us" to Americans .

Now that has got to be humiliating

I got applause for the thread actually.

Do you have anything on topic? The mods removed the last off-topic post like yours but I didnt complain. Why are you so rude?

Yes I admire the Viet Cong and I disagree with the American Governments Imperialism. And that is on my mind. That is not trolling. If you disagre,please share. I would love to hear your enlightened opinion. If not,please stop trolling and stay on topic. Or at least try.

Edit- and we is the West. And Im worried about America and like many Americans I disagree the United States Governments foreign policy. I mean no offense. I guess I am blunt in my opinions at times but I want to see America fix itself.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 02:38 PM
link   
I have something on topic.

to whom does the USA owe a debt?

i'm still waiting for a real answer...not something gotten from a newspaper article.

another question for the person that 'admires' the Viet Cong...what single event enabled them to achieve their battlefield victory in 1975? or what enabled them to win the war and experience peace?

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by TDawgRex

We started in Iraq then slowly migrated to Afghanistan if I'm not mistaken..Under bush it was weapons of mass destruction chasing folks around the middle east and then onto Afghanistan..This all started in about 2002..so it is connected to WMD...Iraq was just the jump off point

edit on 25-5-2012 by chrismarco because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Problem is that they have not done it right.
If you are going to have a war and you invade a country to kill people and break things, then you need to start at one end working your way to the other end, carpet bomb the whole area and kill every living thing.
Then and only then can you win.

Isn't this more or less what god told Joshua to do when he went after the Cannanites?
And didn't Sherman do this in the War between the States in his March to the Sea?

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 02:44 PM
link   

what single event caused the Soviet withdrawal from Afghanistan beginning on May 15, 1988?

the answer can be given in one sentence...what's is it?

what event caused the end of the Iran/Iraq war two months later? exact info only.
edit on 25-5-2012 by michaelbrux because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Speaking the truth isn't being rude. I stated exactly what you did through the course of this thread. The flow of THIS thread and how you flip flop IS being on topic but obviously not the conversation you wish to have.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 02:48 PM
link   

It was reported that Heavy loss of Troops for Russia and the inability to stop the militant tactics that were employed...and also we gave them a crap load of weapons to combat the russians...We put Saddam in witht he help of the CIA so i would expect the same answer to apply

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by michaelbrux

i'm still waiting for a real answer...not something gotten from a newspaper article.

another question for the person that 'admires' the Viet Cong...what single event enabled them to achieve their battlefield victory in 1975? or what enabled them to win the war and experience peace?

The debt is owed to foriegn governments and investors. It is considered a safe investment to buy your governments debt because you guys are America right? You cant fail right? China owns a large bulk of it and continues to buy it up. They do not buy for investment but for power over your government. After the humiliating credit downgrade that the United States suffered recently,the Chinese Government made a statement basically making fun of America and saying that America must reduce government spending. See where they are going? Its great for them to be in a position to have power over you. Its like the IMF has over Greece. Now China is basically buying your government.

The Tet Offensive was the military action that was the turning point. The Communist pulled off a mass military action and hit many places all at once. many of the Communists were killed but it was the decisive battle of Vietnam. It was a turning point. Tactics chanhed after that and momentum changed. The Tet Offensive was not your typical 'victory'. But it turned the war in favour of the communists.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 02:56 PM
link   
reply to post by chrismarco

wrong answer!

that's why I only come here to chastise people that don't know anything.

every one in this place is one of two things:

1. Liars.
2. they don't know anything.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tazkven

Speaking the truth isn't being rude. I stated exactly what you did through the course of this thread. The flow of THIS thread and how you flip flop IS being on topic but obviously not the conversation you wish to have.

Well it seems you have a problem with more than just this thread. You have made that clear. I will have any conversation you like. And I am conflicted to be honest. Like I said,just because you are a paranoid defensive scared American doesnt mean Im anti-american because I have the audacity to be critical of the United States Government. It affects me too. You would see that if you were not so scared and egocentric.

But you are being padantic at best. If you point out the specific problems I will include an apology in the thread for you.

edit- but as an Australian,we is you. We are allies. We are westerners.

PostScript- was mast past/present tense thing ok? Spelling errors? Grammer?

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Germanicus

Originally posted by michaelbrux

The debt is owed to foriegn governments and investors. It is considered a safe investment to buy your governments debt because you guys are America right? You cant fail right? China owns a large bulk of it and continues to buy it up. They do not buy for investment but for power over your government. After the humiliating credit downgrade that the United States suffered recently,the Chinese Government made a statement basically making fun of America and saying that America must reduce government spending. See where they are going? Its great for them to be in a position to have power over you. Its like the IMF has over Greece. Now China is basically buying your government.

The Tet Offensive was the military action that was the turning point. The Communist pulled off a mass military action and hit many places all at once. many of the Communists were killed but it was the desicive battle of Vietnam. It was a turning point. Tactics chanhed after that and momentum changed. The Tet Offensive was not your typical 'victory'. But it turned the war in favour of the communists.

at least the other guy didn't write much.

wrong answer!

that's not the reason for anything...just what the popular media and historians report.

at least you'll know that the reason you never achieve anything in life is because the people you listen to are one of two things:

1. Liars.
2. people that don't know what they are talking about.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join