It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Afghanistan Exit Will Humiliate The United States Worse Than Vietnam

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 08:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Tazkven

You forgot Detroit and HP laying off 26000 people?
That is a bloody city gone and done somewhere.
Regards, Iwinder

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 08:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Iwinder

i don't know any of those things.

but whatever news you are reading must be more informative than my own eyes that much is certain.

i guess we are walking upon thin ice...whoa is us when our own weight sinks us beneath the water.

then the world will be a beautiful place.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 08:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Iwinder

Detroit has been hit hard no doubt. They used to be the Auto capital of the nation and now they keep losing jobs. Someone was posting how bad it was there. My advice to them is to move, seriously. Some places are worse off then others. Look up some job boards here in the states, places are still hiring ... There are still jobs out there. You would think there wouldn't be any with that many people unemployed but I assure you there are.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 08:56 PM
link   
Hi Germany,Pro.Sorry I was late, I was in Art school the VA is sending me there in my failing country.I noticed you stating we were failing....again,the Afghanistan war this time.(Geeez can't you expound on the virtues of hitler or something YOU see as positive Germany)And there is the Professional holding your dress up out of the intellectual mud of facts..Well...we didn't want to take Afghanistan we just wanted to go kill a few worthless meat bags who hide amongst innocent people( Afghanistan,Pakistan,Colorado where ever these pukes run to) Oh they've had it coming but we didn't want to look like bullies going all "Phoenix program" on HAMAS.Besides Abu Nidal died of suicide in Iraq by shooting himself in the head....5 times.The press sure did whine so, as our snipers shot them up like ducks in a carnival shooting gallery after they attacked us doing another stupid NATO mission.Then some Saudis decided to attack us and somebody let it happen.
We are about to develop fusion technology so I guess "they"are going to keep our 5th tier tech under wraps a little longer.That will take care of the little money issue the FED created to screw with us ,even without our AI tech that will change mankind...but I digress yet again.
My buddy who is working in Iraq says they are doing much better if a bit.....conflictive since Saddam,but it was fun to off the monster and his homicidal sons.Fortunately we had already softened them up for the second job so we didn't need as many people.
The fate of Afghanistan is up to it's people not our fight with muslim supremacists.
As to the US being weak....again...you are quite mistaken,our civilians are more dangerous than 3/4 of the worlds armies combined.An we don't run forward shooting from our hips,we aim so we usually win unless Washington makes us lose.
edit on 25-5-2012 by cavtrooper7 because: punctuation spelling...the usual

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 08:59 PM
link   
Here in Louisville we got General Electric Appliance Park, 2 major Ford Factories and an international United Parcel Service Hub, all are booming and hiring. Lots of other places continue to hire and even more companies are building businesses here and hiring.

Ever heard of bourban whiskey, 1/3 of all bourban is made in Louisville and the rest is made in the neighboring cities around Louisville, bourban is only made ONE place ... Right here and they are really booming ... No shortage of people looking to get drunk, lol

Louisville ain't the only city that's like this, I assure you ...

Do you really think IF the US economy collapsed that these places making money hand over fist are going to stop producing goods ? They pay crazy utilities, you think these will just be shut down ?

I seriously doubt it ... All is not as bleak as you all think.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 09:38 PM
link   
reply to post by michaelbrux

So your saying I'm wrong...we didn't bomb Afghanistan after 9/11? Last time I checked bombing a country is an act of war.
edit on 25-5-2012 by Evanzsayz because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 09:41 PM
link   
..to much talking here about Afghanistan situation and no even one word about opium production... Since the west went to war in Afghanistan the opium production has increased by 800%... most of it sold in west... who is behind this business? easy answer! most of what U all know about Afghanistan "problem" is a lie or twisted truth...

www.darkpolitricks.com...
edit on 25-5-2012 by ZakOlongapo because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 09:41 PM
link   
reply to post by michaelbrux

LOL you got almost as many posts as I do and you just joined this site this year....troll much?

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 09:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Tazkven

Germanicus,

Tazkven's point is astute & one that I've noticed throughout responses &/or OPs you've authored.

Your dual positions seem to incline toward diameteric prostrating to hedge bets, particularly when you write about America & China. It's sort of like a "good cop, bad cop routine" to cover all bases ... I guess. And I suppose it could be that your adolescent endearment for American pop culture reaffirms some soft spot within you toward Americans, but the descriptive psychosis I would use to describe some of your responses is "one too many realities in single breath."

It's sort of like ... well you've expressed familiarity with American culture. As such I'll presume you're aware of America's iconic mobster who affably rubs the shoulder of his victim with his right hand while surreptitiously pulling a gun from his waistband with the left hand. It's my growing impression that you've entrenched yourself in this sort of mischief, if only to hedge the requisite prostration when all outcomes are laid bare.

More specifically the brinkmanship you gambit at reminds me of an Elk Hound, Sage, who visits my home two to three times a week.

Sage, the dog, serves two masters. It may well be that Sage could not survive without one of his masters, although I tend to think Sage would be self-sufficient if circumstances required.

Juxtaposing your hedging in this OP & others reveals a similiarity to Sage's pattern, one that is both primitive & fundamentally subservient. As such I am led to wonder if being on all fours is a natural position for you (a rhetorical question)?

edit on 25-5-2012 by Kovenov because: clarified

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 10:27 PM
link   
Germie baby. I respect your exuberance and passion but, I must say that your extreme youth, and subsequent emotional immaturity, along with you yourself admitted recent elightenment of the U.S. exit in 1975 via a TV documentary. Plus, sighted it as your source material shows me that you lack a very key element in your data.

The thing you lack is no direct historical knowledge of this event and an other than American (an outsiders) perspective on this event. I lived through this at home and watched the 1975 Siagon evacuation on the evening news at the ripe young age of 15. The Vietnam War was a daily part of my life most of my childhood. The pivotal events of the day, peace protests, race riots, assasinations of The Kennedys and M L King, the nightly evening news report of the war and the end of the broadcast body count report (daily tally of US servicemen kill) was a integral part of my childhood. My Cousin served and saw some pretty hairy combat. (he later commited suicide due to his experiences) Later I heard the war stories and anecdotes from my older friends and co-workers. I recently lost a dear friend to the cronic effects of agent orange exposure. Now I'm making younger friends and aquaintances at my job (Fire Rescue) with the latest generation of American Veterans from Iraq and Afganistan. These kids ( around your age I'd guess) are bright, caring, professional paramedics and firefighters and tell the same war stories and anecdotes as my older Vietnam Vet friends. (they dont like the politics of their conflict any less than their older Veitnam contemporaries)

The point of my little rant is this. You really dont know the heart and soul of an American or what humiliation they may or may not feel over either Vietnam or our departure from Afganistan unless you are one.
No more than I can be expected to react to an Australian historical or military decission the same as a native Australian.
Rest assured I am well elightented on all aspects of the nefarious goings on of the "conflict in Southeast Asia" from Tonkin through to the Embassy evacutation, including Pol Pot,(sp), the killing fields, the "ground zero" philosophy, the boat people tragedies and plight of the refugees who made it to the U.S. and had to start life completely over again.
the Veitnam War is a deep and elaborate event and can not be learned by viewing a documentary or two.
End rant
My personal opinon on our recent foray:
I think we should have been in and out of Afganistan in 1 year or less. NOT 10 plus years! No nation building, no occupation
Iraq? That invasion was unnecessary and no one has been told the real reason for our military action there.

PS I still like you even though you are sorta talking out of your arse on this one

Peace!
edit on 25-5-2012 by grubblesnert because: spellin'

edit on 25-5-2012 by grubblesnert because: same

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 10:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by DOADOA
if you can only articulate your point with tact some readers might not take offense to what you're saying.

anyhow, on topic. why would we be humiliated? we lost our collective ego after vietnam. the worlds opinion of us couldn't be any lower according to some of threads on this site.

needless to say, we're still the country with the most powerful military in existence. there isn't a country out there who will stand up to us and not be reduced to rubble in an all out war.

Um I think this is exactly what the OP is trying to point out... If America can't even win a war against a bunch of opium farmers than how are they supposed to win a war against a REAL country????
Most powerful military in the world, puh-lezze

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 10:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by TDawgRex
reply to post by Germanicus

It is technically not a American occupation, but rather a NATO one. One which seems to crumbling. Yes, the US does have the majority of forces there but there are others who are also sacrificing their sons and daughters as well.

I know, it's nit-picking and I mean no offense by it, but that sounds like people who say the US won WW2. We didn't...it was a team effort that everyone was committed to seeing through till the end. An unconditional surrender by the Axis.

And the Taliban have already shown themselves to be not quite as forgiving as the Vietnamese communists in the ‘70’s.

Afghanistan may be a NATO war but it was started by America, primarily fought by America, primarily lead by America, and ultimately lost by America.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 10:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by michaelbrux

the US economy is larger than China and Australia combined...what position are you in to call it weak?

but the true categories are even more ridiculously one sided.

Just because your economy is larger doesn't make it stronger dumbass, China is growing at exponential rates and Australia didn't even flinch in the Global Financial Crisis, yet America is stuck in full blown recession.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 11:36 PM
link   
Around the world if you whisper "America" it is soon followed by laughter and grabbing of pitch forks. In my opinion "America the home of the free" (typing that makes me break out in laughter even :lol
Has already been humiliated long ago and is now on to be considered as a JOKE..

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 11:42 PM
link   
Isn't the most humiliating part is when America started the war and her people until now supports it?

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 11:45 PM
link   
reply to post by CrimsonKapital

Uhm, you seem pretty happy with the fact America is in a "full blown recession", which in fact that's not exactly accurate. As I stated before we are taking jobs from China and hiring like crazy ...

Which btw, I am hearing a lot about China's economy slowing and growing cold ... Think your so engulfed in your love of communist china and the fantasy of America failing your losing track with reality

Are you an alt of the OP of this thread ? Remind me of him

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 11:53 PM
link   
It wasn't just the US that was over there, alot of country's spent 10 plus years there, and lost 100's of men, and for what?

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 11:56 PM
link   

If you really want war, if you really want to see the power of America, just wait until you've seen the PEOPLE of America pushed to the brink! It matters not what soil it be on. It matters not what nation or people or ideals stand between us and our liberty. As far as I can see, no nation has picked a fight with the people of America, save our own! There is no shame in leaving a country that never should have been INVADED in the first place!

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 12:10 AM
link   
Ah the terrible trio Crimson Kapital.the Professional and Germanicus,You guys should date more.Are you in a club or does the American bashing serve a different purpose.Quote Mien Kampf,Mao's little red book, or your imagined authority as you will. America is as strong as ever and tales of our demise are just that.I look forward to hearing from you on Dec 22 when we are still alive.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 12:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Germanicus
On January 30 1968, The Peoples Army of Vietnam launched the Tet Offensive on South Vietnam,the United States and its allies. The Tet Offensive was the decisive battle that was fought in Vietnam. After the Tet Offensive the United States were forced to change tactics and opted to move towards an orderly exit. An orderly exit was not possible. The last Americans left in Vietnam by 1975 had to scramble onto rooftops kicking off women and children before flying away in helicopters,leaving the South Vietnamese behind to face the advancing communist army outnumbered and alone.

Yeah, just kicking off women and children. Those cowards!

By the time Saigon fell, the war was being fought by the SVN Army, not America.

Some managed to escape with the Americans in their Helicopters. Not many though.

About 100,000 were evacuated. Another 2000 babies were rescued, too. Should have been more.

Oh, and that's not counting the 800,000+ boat people that the US took in.

It was a glorious victory for the Communists and a humiliating exit for the United States. Luckily,the Communists were pretty decent to their former enemy and most people had nothing to fear. The country was unified and the Vietnamese had liberated themselves from the Imperial United States Government in a stunning victory.

"Pretty decent"? Wow, your "I hate the US" feeling are really showing through, aren't they?

Yeah, the Communists were pretty decent to the South Vietnamese. All except the ones that were starved, tortured, executed, or put into "re-education camps"

The situation in Afghanistan is very similar to Vietnam.

No, it's not.

The American military is overstretched.

Not really.

They are looking to move their military bullies primarily into the pacific.

"Bullies"
How's your BS agenda working out so far?

Nobody expected the Tet Offensive. People downplay its importance. America should not underestimate the Taliban. I cant see America making an orderly exit from Afghanistan. I think that they are a Tet Offensive away from running back to America with their tails between their legs just like they did in Vietnam. A disorderly exit from the War on Afghanistan would humiliate the United States and further erode its disappearing power.

Yep, once again, you're pointing out what cowards the US Military is. Just war criminals that will be easily, easily overrun and butchered by the mighty Taliban.

Wait, weren't the Taliban pretty much kicked in the nuts and knocked out of power by about 100 US SOF personnel? Yeah, think I remember something like that happening.

I wonder if the Taliban is as forgiving as the communists were to most of the South Vietnamese.

Except for the South Vietnamese that were murdered by the North. You keep forgetting that little detail.

I think Afghanistan will be better off when they get rid of the United States.

Because the Taliban did such a great job leading A-stan into the 4th Century.

Vietnam turned out fine.

You make it sound like it was a paradise once the North took over. If it was such a groovy place, why did so many leave their country?

They stil celebrate the Tet Offensive.

Uh, they are celebrating Tet, their lunar New Year. Not the offensive.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join