It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

LIVE Ustreams of NATO Summit Protesters in Chicago!

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by disfugured
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

What do you represent? Very honest question!

Am I protesting?

The things I see in this protest is a sign that says "F the police" and chanting saying "who's street? Our Street".

If you guys think these protestors have a purpose other than to cause trouble...you are confused.

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by THE_PROFESSIONAL

What is this group protesting...does anyone know?

They are protesting NATO if you haven't heard since there is a NATO meeting going on right now. Did you not watch the metal returning ??

Yes, the protests earlier today represented that.

What do those that are remaining represent?

The protests during the day were orderly and fine...those left are the trouble makers who have taken over a street.

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Any you have an opinion.... good for you .....

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 05:55 PM
link   

You realize the police showed up as Veterans were giving their medals back and giving speeches as to why as well as refugees from countries destroyed by NATO...yeah they had no message.

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 05:57 PM
link   
www.youtube.com...
President Obama Sings "Sweet Home Chicago"

I just thought we all could sing along....
Is it 1968, or 2012 ? Beating unarmed protesters with batons. Where have I seen this before???
edit on 20-5-2012 by moonzoo7 because: (no reason given)

link   
National guard has arrived, the only laws the national guard can enforce are from congress. So if they start bashing people you know who to blame.

link   

Am I protesting?

No, you are the type that would never protest tyranny.

The things I see in this protest is a sign that says "F the police" and chanting saying "who's street? Our Street".

I call BS! They are protesting against the NATO summit. The Police are in the middle of it where they should be serving us and helping us (the people).

If you guys think these protestors have a purpose other than to cause trouble...you are confused.

They actually do. The more exposure to these events, the more the public are informed. The more the public are informed by 'real' free media, the more chances of real change will occur. Its very logical.

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 05:58 PM
link   

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 05:59 PM
link   
People are saying the police are indiscriminately beating people in the protest, regardless of any crime being committed.

CNN is broadcasting some of the milder violence.
edit on 20-5-2012 by RSF77 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kali74

You realize the police showed up as Veterans were giving their medals back and giving speeches as to why as well as refugees from countries destroyed by NATO...yeah they had no message.

I realize there have been 4 and a half days of peaceful protests and this is the first group of trouble makers that have decided to take over a street and be idiots.

I've been following the protests closely...I was actually pretty pleasantly surprised...but of course the morons have to ruin it.

A local reporter is in the group of protestors, asked one guy what his goal is...he said his goal is to get beat up by the police.

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 06:00 PM
link   
What would make my day is if the National Guard turned up, aimed their guns at the police and told them to step down. Then the protesters make a citizens arrest of al those corrupt a-holes in the NATO conference.
But I can't see that happening

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 06:01 PM
link   
reply to post by disfugured

No, you are the type that would never protest tyranny.

Really...you know me huh?

I call BS! They are protesting against the NATO summit. The Police are in the middle of it where they should be serving us and helping us (the people).

They had their protest, they had their march...now all that's left are the idiots that want to cause trouble.

They actually do. The more exposure to these events, the more the public are informed. The more the public are informed by 'real' free media, the more chances of real change will occur. Its very logical.

Only on sites like ATS.

For the general public...when protestors do things like this....they loose all support.

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 06:01 PM
link   

That is a tactic of protests - to show the police as violent agressors against unarmed citizens.
No one says they have to act that way though.

Really, think about it.
The guy isn't the idiot you think he is.

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by RSF77
People are saying the police are indiscriminately beating people in the protest, regardless of any crime being committed.

CNN is broadcasting some of the milder violence.

I've yet to see an example of that in any livestream or local coverage.

I've seen idiots throwing stuff at the police and trying to hit police.

link   

link   
Instead of listening to these *cough* trolls and their opinions, everyone you can watch what is happening for yourself:
(not too much atm)

www.ustream.tv...

Watch for direct evidence of the police being mercenaries of the elite.

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Again, you missed the part where the Vets made their speeches and gave back their medals via throwing them. Soon after, the police started to get aggressive.

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Were you watching the livestream? There was absolutely no violence whatsoever when the cops moved in and started pushing people around. The march of 76,000 or so ended at the spot it was supposed to and the vets and refugees were speaking, on a stage set up for them...people were standing there listening, that's all. No reason to disperse, no taking over of a street, no violence, no vandalism.

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 06:08 PM
link   
occupiedair just went offline, no reason why.

timcast 5,000 live viewers.

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 06:13 PM
link   
Anybody have a link to that veterans speech? Just got done watching the MSM try to spin this whole thing.

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join