It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

LIVE Ustreams of NATO Summit Protesters in Chicago!

page: 16
<< 13  14  15   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 01:14 AM
link   
I was just in Frankfurt Germany on leave and I found my self there during an OWS movement. I really can care less about OWS, they don't affect my life...or so I thought...

First: It took 1.5 hours to get to my hotel (normally 20min) due to protestors blocking downtown and the streets

Second: The taxi business was brought to a halt because no one wanted or could get to downtown. Taxi drivers said it was better to just take the days off because they lose to much money driving around looking for fares.

Third: The small businesses downtown were all closed for the most part, this hurts the small business dramatically and for what goal...?

Fourth: The morons protest on a weekend...? huh the bankers had already left town for the weekend...

BUT AN Amazing thing happened, because I could not get downtown easily I ended up meeting the USA paraplegic female basketball team...I ended up hanging out with them for 2 days going to games etc...they are going to be in the London Olympics...

So even though the moron protestors hurt small business, taxi driver's ability to make money I was blessed to meet my new friends...

Sniper

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 01:23 AM
link   
Watching Ocupeye, they just surrounded an undercover cop.

This guy behind the camera ins cool. He must be tired by now.

I wish I was there to suport, eventhough I'm not American. Suppose Il'l have my chance...

Despite all the critisism, still going strong.

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 01:43 AM
link   
I like the Occupyeye guy. Man.. I can hear a crowd chanting in the background, and it sounds like a lot of people. Powerful

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 01:49 AM
link   
reply to post by bacci0909

I know you can do Skype on the phone and it looks good, but not sure about Ustream. I am sure someone could get it to work.

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 02:11 AM
link   
The NATO medal returners are making it to the Main stream:

usnews.msnbc.msn.com...

By Miranda Leitsinger, msnbc.com Updated 9 p.m. ET: CHICAGO -- Dozens of anti-war veterans tossed their medals onto a Chicago street Sunday near where NATO began its two-day summit, calling them “representations of hate,” “lies” and “cheap tokens,” and with some making emotional pleas for forgiveness from the people of Iraq and Afghanistan. With many dressed in military fatigues, they had filed through the streets in formation, chanting "N-A-T-O, NATO has got to go," and “No NATO, no war, we don't work for you no more,” leading about 2,000 protesters on a 2.5-mile march.

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 02:42 AM
link   
Reply to post by THE_PROFESSIONAL

This is a big stepping stone in the global awakening path. What those vets did there is going to have huge ramifications and will, at one level or another, get those in uniform to think twice about their participation in the military.

History in the making...

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 03:58 AM
link   
reply to post by THE_PROFESSIONAL

The occupy eye dude is definitely using his phone for the stream. I started watching when it was drizzling and he was saying he was trying to keep filming without getting his phone too wet. I should ask my brother, he works for apple and knows all the nerdy mumbo. That's why I never take the time to learn any of it, an answer is always just a text message away

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 09:20 AM
link   
A new day. It's May 21st and apparently these protesters aren't done with Chicago yet. Today they will make their way to Boeing Headquarters and they vow to shut it down. Their reason being that Boeing makes military aircraft and drones.

I'm sure the same Ustream feeds will be used today so if you feel like watching more protests there are Ustream links in the OP. I believe today's protests start around 11AM cst.

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Evildead
A new day. It's May 21st and apparently these protesters aren't done with Chicago yet. Today they will make their way to Boeing Headquarters and they vow to shut it down. Their reason being that Boeing makes military aircraft and drones.

I'm sure the same Ustream feeds will be used today so if you feel like watching more protests there are Ustream links in the OP. I believe today's protests start around 11AM cst.

Y'all still trying to keep hope alive? Listen....as long as you continue working that 9-5, to pay taxes....NOTHING WILL CHANGE! You can march and protest all you want, but what's the point; when the next day; it's BUSINESS as USUAL?

And by the way....who's leading this march/protest? Or, are they just throwing darts in the wind?

If you want to protest.....protest with your J.O.B./time/money. If you have to suffer.....make them suffer. Shouting "We want change"....is only gonna get you pennies, thrown from a window...with a shout back: "There's your change!"

Also, let me just say....this protest didn't even make Yahoo front page. SAD! The only change you can expect...is MORE LAWS, MORE POLICE, MORE OPPRESSION. Oh, silly me...i forgot....more taxes. Change you want? Change you shall receive. Cha-ch.... Can i buy a vowel please? No??? Can i borrow one then???

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by nahahh

Originally posted by Evildead

Y'all still trying to keep hope alive? Listen....as long as you continue working that 9-5, to pay taxes....NOTHING WILL CHANGE! You can march and protest all you want, but what's the point; when the next day; it's BUSINESS as USUAL?

And by the way....who's leading this march/protest? Or, are they just throwing darts in the wind?

If you want to protest.....protest with your J.O.B./time/money. If you have to suffer.....make them suffer. Shouting "We want change"....is only gonna get you pennies, thrown from a window...with a shout back: "There's your change!"

Also, let me just say....this protest didn't even make Yahoo front page. SAD! The only change you can expect...is MORE LAWS, MORE POLICE, MORE OPPRESSION. Oh, silly me...i forgot....more taxes. Change you want? Change you shall receive. Cha-ch.... Can i buy a vowel please? No??? Can i borrow one then???

I can see your point but I still respect the people who have took the time to take part in the protest.

I strongly disagree with NATO and TPTB in regards to what they do around the world, namely what this whole protest is about, yet I was in work when this protest happened. So I'm still working, paying taxes.

Your post highlights very well how this system has been set up to keep us attached and buying into it. As long as we have to work to pay our way and pay our taxes, we are married to the system.

We are free, yet in many ways we aren't free. To survive, you have to work and pay into the system.

In many ways it is similar to thinking the slaughter of pigs is completely disgusting and horrifying, yet we still eat our bacon butties. Shameful really.

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by bacci0909

Yea I have an Iphone too, and the video quality is amazing. I also picked up a solar USB charger so it can be running basically a lot longer than normal

top topics

<< 13  14  15   >>

join