It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

LIVE Ustreams of NATO Summit Protesters in Chicago!

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Looking at all the barriers put up, the massive legion of officers in top of the line riot gear and all of this. They went way overkill with this against some protesting citizens, especially since it is our right to do just that.

And people complain about the protests costing tax payer money, gee I wonder why?

No one will ever know and everyone will believe whatever the MSM says afterwards. The police have strategically divided them on purpose in order to squelch free speech, by threatening abusive force.
edit on 20-5-2012 by RSF77 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kali74
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

I don't know why you are so angry and determined to apologize for a police state. People were still speaking when the cops moved in, quit lying about it...I'm not the only one watching. You're just making a fool of yourself.

Who says I'm angry...I'm actually pretty pleased with the Chicago police in how they handled it. They handled occupy when they were in Grant Park well...and they handled this well.

Of course you will get the ATSers that cry over every action the police take...but you can never please drama queens.

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by MeesterB
CNN is just replaying the stuff from the earlier. Nothing new.

"news" these days

Thats why Journalism is now a Vampire Journalism and a copy and paste Journalism.
Its a good thing i didn't pick Journalism in college.

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 07:09 PM
link   
reply to post by RSF77

Or they are there to keep a peaceful protest...peaceful.

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Willease
reply to post by RSF77

Then they failed by inciting violence. The police themselves are the cause of the violence, how is that keeping anything peaceful? The only thing "not peaceful" I've seen is police beating protestors and threatening the use of sound weapons.

From what it looks like on these streams, I would have assumed they declared local martial law.

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Figures this would happen on a solar eclipse day...

I am in agreement with you............

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by RSF77

reply to post by RSF77

Then they failed by inciting violence. The police themselves are the cause of the violence, how is that keeping anything peaceful? The only thing "not peaceful" I've seen is police beating protestors and threatening the use of sound weapons.

Please show how they incited violence.

ATS members love to make this claim all the time...but they can never show any proof.

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 07:13 PM
link   
I think the CNN coverage was primarily for propaganda - there was a HUGE show of force.
The tactics used in Chicago were really quite chilling - going after the indy press before the event, arresting people and accusing them of terrorism - when (reportedly) it was just beer making stuff?

Wheeling out the LRAD so early on, and having a few cops put on gas masks - the really heavy handed initial confrontation w/ the black block.

I never really trust the black bloc. Can't ever tell really who's side they are on. Often suspect they are provacateurs. Didn't see any block block guys bleeding either....just the protesters that were behind them.

So I dunno. Think it's all been designed to show how powerless and futile resistance is. JMO.

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher

reply to post by RSF77

Please show how they incited violence.

ATS members love to make this claim all the time...but they can never show any proof.

Sure lol:

www.ustream.tv...

Maybe you should actually watch this instead of constantly trolling the forum.

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Looking at all the barriers put up, the massive legion of officers in top of the line riot gear and all of this. They went way overkill with this against some protesting citizens, especially since it is our right to do just that.

And people complain about the protests costing tax payer money, gee I wonder why?

No one will ever know and everyone will believe whatever the MSM says afterwards. The police have strategically divided them on purpose in order to squelch free speech, by threatening abusive force.

I'm sure the business owners in the protest area are extremely grateful for the police presence.

Have you seen the videos of people cheering the police as they were moving to the protests areas??? I'm not sure if those made it on youtube yet...it was on the local news.

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 07:16 PM
link   
reply to post by RSF77

Exactly...you can't provide a specific example.

Like always.

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Nice dodge but very obvious.

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 07:17 PM
link   

reply to post by RSF77

Like always.

I don't have to.

I've been watching this thing for the past two days, you think I am here to provide you with "specific examples"?

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 07:20 PM
link   

reply to post by RSF77

Like always.

I don't have to.

I've been watching this thing for the past two days, you think I am here to provide you with "specific examples"?

If you want to make claims like the police are inciting all the violence...you need to provide specific examples or look like a fool.

You can't provide any examples

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Dude, what is your purpose? Your offering nothing to this thread, at all!

Geez! Where are the mods today?

link   

Originally posted by Kali74

Nice dodge but very obvious.

What is obvious?

I'm very happy with how the police handled it.

I've always told you...I love watching protests...especially when the idiots start getting beat down for failing to employ basic listening skills.

link   

reply to post by RSF77

Like always.

I don't have to.

If you want to make claims like the police are inciting all the violence...you need to provide specific examples or look like a fool.

You can't provide any examples

Oh yea, is that in the T&C or is that just your paid opinion?

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 07:22 PM
link   
reply to post by RSF77

Well, I've only been watching for a couple of hours and have yet to see any police brutality or anybody causing problems. Did anybody get a video of what you are telling me happened, I'm guessing earlier.

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 07:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Willease

Yes, and I've already posted the archive of videos a bunch of times in this thread.

Maybe read it, go to the links and watch the friggin videos.

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by LifeIsEnergy

Dude, what is your purpose? Your offering nothing to this thread, at all!

Geez! Where are the mods today?

I'm offering my opinion...just like everyone else.

My opinion is that these protesters that decided to stay to cause confrontations are idiots and get what they deserve. These idiots also make the rest of the days protests look bad.

My opinion is also that the police have done a fine job of dispersing the remaing fools who decided to try to cause trouble and are now just left to wandering the streets.

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join