It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Today May 3 anyone else notice an extremely hot sun?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by BiggerPicture
just came in from outside, i noticed even when it is overcast with clouds, and even after 6-7pm before sunset, theres lots of UVA/UVB rays stinging my skin. never tanned in the evening hours, till now. so yea i'm convinced now wow the sun is stronger that it used to be!

luckily melanin is a natural sunblock? i hope my body makes more fast cuz right now i have an overnight ruddy farmers tan ruddy red face all i need is the ruddy hands and arms to go with it.

Thanks for adding to this thread, this is great as in a lot of posters here are saying exactly the same thing I was talking about in my OP.
Regards, Iwinder

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by this_is_who_we_are
reply to post by Iwinder

87°F in Ann Arbor this afternoon. Too hot for me thanks.

Yep I am not far from you there, the sun was a killer today.
Regards, Iwinder

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 08:53 PM
link   
Hello....I'm in SW Ontario, and already have a deep tan on my face and arms just from popping outside to have a smoke every now and then. Not only have we (hubby and myself) noticed that the sun feels hotter, it also looks different to us too. The sun used to be more yellow, but now (to us) it looks almost white......white hot, lol....so yes, I totally agree with your observations.
Really wish everyone would quit being so snarky.....we're all well aware that summer is approaching, but after 50 years of living in the same area....we are noticing a difference.
jacygirl

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by wyldwylly
reply to post by Iwinder

Indeed very hot, I noticed it as soon as I came in to work from the ride in.
Colorado.
We also had a very very short Spring this year, usually it lasts until end of April but it started the end of Feb and then got hot fast.. but as of today, May 3rd, it is hotter than normally... or so it "feels"...

Local weather says it's only 81F.. but honestly it feels closer to 95+

just my ho.

edit on 5/3/2012 by wyldwylly because: (no reason given)

Yes that is what I thought actually I knew it was much much hotter than the forcast and the sun was the killer,

thanks for the post my friend.
Regards, Iwinder

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 08:55 PM
link   
It was very hot here in Eastern Canada today! Hot and sunny like a summer's day, I can't believe it! (People think of Canada as cold but it gets pretty warm! I am NOT looking forward to killer hot and muggy summer days again!

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by jacygirl
Hello....I'm in SW Ontario, and already have a deep tan on my face and arms just from popping outside to have a smoke every now and then. Not only have we (hubby and myself) noticed that the sun feels hotter, it also looks different to us too. The sun used to be more yellow, but now (to us) it looks almost white......white hot, lol....so yes, I totally agree with your observations.
Really wish everyone would quit being so snarky.....we're all well aware that summer is approaching, but after 50 years of living in the same area....we are noticing a difference.
jacygirl

Great post and thank you for your personal observations, your post really adds to the mix here and please post again tomorrow if the same conditions happen again.

I know I have said this at least 10 times here in this thread but I will say it again.
Today the sun was unbearable to say the least......It hurt and hurt bad.
Regards, Iwinder

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 09:16 PM
link   
Yes, here was in the high 80's low 90's and I was out for about an hour, in and out of shade and I got burnt. Not bad, but enough to feel it. Sun was very hot and it was humid due to all the freaking rain we got this week.

(I'm about 250 miles SSE of the geographic center of the states)

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pilot
Yes, here was in the high 80's low 90's and I was out for about an hour, in and out of shade and I got burnt. Not bad, but enough to feel it. Sun was very hot and it was humid due to all the freaking rain we got this week.

(I'm about 250 miles SSE of the geographic center of the states)

I am getting the feeling that most posters agree with me, not that it is important and not that I can do anything about it.
I believe something is cooking and that something is very hot.

Thanks for your addition to this discussion
Regards, Iwinder

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 12:12 AM
link   
no, but today was really odd. it was clear skies and sunny where i am but it was also raining. not a cloud for miles yet it was raining over a clear sky. on a side note, i also have a horrible headache to go with it.

maybe dec21 is here a bit early, i always get headaches when a mega quake is about to happen!!!

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 12:20 AM
link   
Southern Illinois here:

We are VERY dry here..It seems like it hasn't rained a good long rain since...well...i don't remember..2 months maybe? It is really hot too...too hot for may. I know we had a wonderful spring...but to jump into this searing heat is too much..and it's just the first of may! I swear today felt like mid July...

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 12:59 AM
link   
Actually yes.

Southern europe... it was damn hot today

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 03:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hardstepah
no, but today was really odd. it was clear skies and sunny where i am but it was also raining. not a cloud for miles yet it was raining over a clear sky. on a side note, i also have a horrible headache to go with it.

maybe dec21 is here a bit early, i always get headaches when a mega quake is about to happen!!!

raining from a clear sky??????????? and you haven't posted a whole new thread?. Wow.....do you have any photos? have you noticed any chem trail spraying in the last week? I would love more details as I'm sure many others her on ATS!

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 06:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Iwinder

i agree with you 100%

hottest lalalaing day ever.

i was sitting in the car and the sun was like shooting laser beams into my crotch because of the angle it was at....

and lol well... ouchy.

i felt like i had sunburn.

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 06:03 AM
link   
reply to post by missvicky

i noticed a long thin chemical trail yesterday.

and at night, perhaps one of the biggest darkest intertwined patch of what seemed to be dark chemical trails.

no way those were normal clouds.

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 06:44 AM
link   
Nope, actually it was rather cool yesterday with just 18°C and more or less overcast sky.
Today the sky is blue, there are only a few clouds, 20°C but it feels a bit colder as it's windy.

Weather report says the temperatures will drop for the next three days, saying 14-15°C, with rain and thunderstorms. It's normal April weather, the April has always been crazy with very warm days followed by cold days with rain and thunderstorms.

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 07:16 AM
link   
This is one of the most amusing thread titles I have seen.

Yes, Sir, the Sun is extremely hot today...searingly so, in fact.

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 07:18 AM
link   
You think the sun is hot in May, wait till July!! (for the northerners)

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 07:22 AM
link   
Wow. For a moment I thought I was reading glp. And to think I found this website as a refuge from the ignorance of glp....but then. One to read moronic threads like this all over the place. Sad.

Op, no, the sun has not changed to the degree you can tell the difference at all. The ignorance you wallow in that makes you post such a thread is a far greater threat to humanity than your paranoid musings about the sun.:......lol

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 07:24 AM
link   
I'm afraid that the hot sun is a sign of the end of the....winter? The sun always feels hot in spring when you're comparing it to the past. Your skin isn't used to it. Wear plenty of sun cream if you're out in it for long periods of time. Let's hope the clouds disappear over the UK so we can dust off the BBQ and get the Pimms out!

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 08:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by stumason
Dude, really?

It's running up to Summer, the days are getting longer and the weather warmer, but you're surprised the Sun is hot? Some days are just like that! It also depends on the humidity and other factors to how hot it "feels", but certainly there was no global phenomenon as we've had a pretty standard April day today in the UK.

Come over to the states and you'll be singing a different tune lol

I have a question for all.....when was the last time you could remember that a sun tan in march?

If you look at the stats this year alone broke record high, and they even said as long as we have been monitoring, these are the highest temps, and summer is not here yet.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join