It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Today May 3 anyone else notice an extremely hot sun?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Yeah, it is hot today. However, I remember it being over 100 degrees here a few years back. So, to me, it is only typical weather. No conspiracy, unless it starts being 120 here in May.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by BiggerPicture
my face got blazing red/tanned from just half hour gardening

funny cuz my hairline neck and hands didnt tan yet...

and its only my face i bother with sunblock cuz my nose often turns red, burns, peels

I appreciate the input and I agree with you my face and head was cooking today.
Regards, Iwinder

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Im in Austin,TX and it is really hot and humid here, but the sun on my skin feels harsh and almost hurts. I feel a difference.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Yes, I agree with you, the sun seems a lot hotter. I got a sunburn in January within 20 minutes of being outside, and I'm not lily white, either.

We're pushing 100 degrees out here in west Texas, so it's mighty toasty. But even when it wasn't hot, the sun just feels stronger. I'm glad I'm not the only one noticing this difference.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 05:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Iwinder

87°F in Ann Arbor this afternoon. Too hot for me thanks.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 05:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Iwinder

Indeed very hot, I noticed it as soon as I came in to work from the ride in.
Colorado.
We also had a very very short Spring this year, usually it lasts until end of April but it started the end of Feb and then got hot fast.. but as of today, May 3rd, it is hotter than normally... or so it "feels"...

Local weather says it's only 81F.. but honestly it feels closer to 95+

just my ho.

edit on 5/3/2012 by wyldwylly because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by truthseeker1984
Actually, yes. I've noticed how hot the Sun itself has been today (I live in Western NY). I finished up at work and it was clear and sunny....the air temp was around 82*F, but the Sun almost hurt to be in. The temperature on my digital thermometer, when held directly in sunlight, was around 94*. I felt like I was going to burn alive, until another bank of clouds came through.

The air temp as of 5:57 EST is 81*F, and the Sun is come and go due to a cloud system coming in. The ironic thing is that our local weather station predicted thundershowers the rest of this week, and we have yet to see any of it....just a lot of thunder in the distance...what I like to call heat thunder.

While I don't really buy into a lot of the hype surrounding doomsday scenarios related to the Sun, it is indeed odd that I felt like I was standing in front of a blast furnace when in direct sunlight.

For what it's worth.

-TS

Thanks for the addition here, your calling it a blast furnace and myself saying pizza oven says a lot I think.

Excellent post and yes agree there is a lot of doomsday posts but my post is simply about a very very hot sun.
Regards, Iwinder
edit on 3-5-2012 by Iwinder because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 05:29 PM
link   
normally I wouldn't even bother looking at a thread like this.
But when I was standing outside waiting for my child to get out of school,
I thought to myself, "man, it feels like I have a sun burn, why does the sun feel so hot"
I mean, I literally thought that, I have never thought that the sun felt hotter than it should no matter what time of year or the outside air temp. or humidity level....the sun is the friggin sun, it is hot...but today, for that short period of time that I was standing in it....I felt the way we all feel when we are out in the sun with a severe sun burn and if I didn't literally take notice of it at the time, I wouldn't have chimed in on this thread...
... meaning I didn't read the OP and think, "gee, now that you mention it, the sun did seem a little extra hot"...No, I thought it for the first time ever, and then here is a thread about it......weird enough for me to at least join the tin foil hats this one time.
It was 305pm central time....I am in Minnesota.
( now I would like to go back to being rational....enjoy your thread)

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 05:37 PM
link   
most of us are gonna be told we have been in cold dark places all winter, and our skin is going into shock

when we suddenly decide to get out for the first time under the sun and tend the garden, spring cleaning, play in the park, etc

however its just different. alot of people have been complaining about their "face looking dark" especially guys. and they dint even get much sun and they are white guys but yeah their face looks RUDDY and its barely into spring yet as far as sustained warm weather into early summer...

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 05:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Iwinder

Read your thread and ran outside to check and other than approaching 100 degrees again there's a breeze which is taking the edge off. However on other days, about 2 weeks ago, this happened as you say. The temperature here has been up and down - air conditioning all night or heating. It changes within the space of 3 or 4 days. I was reading something at the time about weather modification and a directed heating of a geographical area but I can't find that article anymore but did find this of interest.

US military unveils non-lethal heat ray weapon

QUANTICO US MARINE CORPS BASE, Virginia (AFP) - A sensation of unbearable, sudden heat seems to come out of nowhere -- this wave, a strong electromagnetic beam, is the latest non-lethal weapon unveiled by the US military this week.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Iwinder
Has anyone else been cooked today by the sun?
I have been working outside today and it has been a very strange day indeed.
Sun then shade the sun then shade.

When the sun pops out today It is just unbearable as in the heat.
I do realize that there are lots of threads out there about the hot sun but this one is just about today.(may3)

Myself and the future wife both worked at a bowling alley with me on the bowling side and her in the kitchen and serving the tables.

This alley had a pizza oven (industrial) and if you stood in front of it and opened the door that is exactly what the sun felt like today.

I was working on our pond here and had to time my outside activity during the cloudy periods.

It was so bad that although I was all alone at home I was running around saying ouch ouch and going to the garage when the sun came out....

We are not far from Detroit but located in Southern Ontario.

Any input is more than welcome here.

Regards, Iwinder

edit on 3-5-2012 by Iwinder because: (no reason given)

Well in New Zealand the day was 100% sunny and the sun did not feel any different than it has for years.
We are in late autumn (fall to you yanks) and we have had frosts already (the last 3 nights) in the upper North Island, very early.

Maybe the USA is finally clearing up its air pollution and you are getting clear skies without smog to filter the sunlight/heat as we do have here in the southern hemisphere.
Is the reduction in greenhouse gas emissions clearing up your atmosphere?
So you should be happy?
edit on 3-5-2012 by Sailor Sam because: spelling

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Hmm...

I took my lil guy for a half an hour walk at about 2 pm and my scalp got a sunburn on it. Doesn't 'feel' hotter but I don't remember the last time half an hour in the sun got me a sunburn on my scalp.

Maybe there is less of a filter between us and the sun now days.

ETA I don't think that is too crazy of a notion to entertain and wouldn't it mean that the suns rays would feel stronger as well?
edit on 3-5-2012 by seeker11 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 06:13 PM
link   
Well, you had a few posts from the UK, cold. But here in N. Ireland the sun was hot, and it was slight haze all day. Temperature wise nothing exciting, although with the sun still feeling hot, a big change from the near decade of wispy grey skies. What is unusual for here is very low humidity, a sunny may day here is usually sweat box. No surprise really since the warm westerlies have gone and everything is pretty dry.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by sligtlyskeptical
I absolutely noticed it. Was out in the yard fixing some seedlings after the hard rain and the sun was shining directly on my back. It was very noticably hotter than usual where the sun hit but the temperature as a whole was fairly mild. i said to myself that these is something different about the sun whether science wants to admit it or not.

Yeah, you are right.

The sun is different today.

Today it has far less hydrogen than it did yesterday.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 06:17 PM
link   
We're full of threatening black thunder clouds in central BC, May 3.

Can't even see the sun. Is it still up there?

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Iwinder

Originally posted by sligtlyskeptical
I absolutely noticed it. Was out in the yard fixing some seedlings after the hard rain and the sun was shining directly on my back. It was very noticably hotter than usual where the sun hit but the temperature as a whole was fairly mild. i said to myself that these is something different about the sun whether science wants to admit it or not.

Thanks for the input here, that is what I thought too.......besides me running for the garage I kept thinking this is not right and I have never felt this kind of heat in my 50 years plus on this planet.
Regards, Iwinder

It felt to me like a huge magnifying glass on my back. Only time I felt that heat on my skin was after playing golf in Arizona in 115 degree heat. It was 82 today.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Summer approaching = hot Sun = astonishing! The ridiculousness of topics on ATS never ceases to amaze and amuse me.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 06:46 PM
link   
Yes, definitely, im in South Africa and it was 32 degrees Celsius and its supposed to be winter now.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nathan-D
Summer approaching = hot Sun = astonishing! The ridiculousness of topics on ATS never ceases to amaze and amuse me.

I couldn't agree with you more, except I have grown increasingly annoyed, not amused.
I do however have...feel I have, an obligation to the ATS community to not just cherry pick my contributions when they fit into my world view. I don't believe that the sun is hotter and I hope Phage doesn't read this thread and I lose any credibility I might imagine I had with him....but I thought what I thought.... and the op thought it too...so I had to suck it up and share.......believe me, I thought more than twice before posting.
...now I will return to lurking....good day.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by denya11
Yeah, it is hot today. However, I remember it being over 100 degrees here a few years back. So, to me, it is only typical weather. No conspiracy, unless it starts being 120 here in May.

Did you read my header?
I see you are new here and I am just trying to help you now.
read the thread titles before you even think about posting a reply.
I am talking about the heat from the sun not the temperature in the atmosphere here.

Regardless thanks for your input.
Iwinder

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join