It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Today May 3 anyone else notice an extremely hot sun?

page: 1
19
<<   2  3  4 >>

log in

join
share:
+6 more 
posted on May, 3 2012 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Has anyone else been cooked today by the sun?
I have been working outside today and it has been a very strange day indeed.
Sun then shade the sun then shade.

When the sun pops out today It is just unbearable as in the heat.
I do realize that there are lots of threads out there about the hot sun but this one is just about today.(may3)

Myself and the future wife both worked at a bowling alley with me on the bowling side and her in the kitchen and serving the tables.

This alley had a pizza oven (industrial) and if you stood in front of it and opened the door that is exactly what the sun felt like today.

I was working on our pond here and had to time my outside activity during the cloudy periods.

It was so bad that although I was all alone at home I was running around saying ouch ouch and going to the garage when the sun came out....



We are not far from Detroit but located in Southern Ontario.

Any input is more than welcome here.

Regards, Iwinder


edit on 3-5-2012 by Iwinder because: (no reason given)




posted on May, 3 2012 @ 04:27 PM
link   
not in england it was cold and i mean cold all day



posted on May, 3 2012 @ 04:28 PM
link   
no its been raining and cloudy all day
-Also Southern Ontario
edit on 3-5-2012 by Kr0nZ because: (no reason given)



posted on May, 3 2012 @ 04:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Iwinder
 


I think you're seeing shadows, so to speak.

Stop worrying so much about all of this doomsday propaganda, and you'll be fine.



posted on May, 3 2012 @ 04:34 PM
link   
I absolutely noticed it. Was out in the yard fixing some seedlings after the hard rain and the sun was shining directly on my back. It was very noticably hotter than usual where the sun hit but the temperature as a whole was fairly mild. i said to myself that these is something different about the sun whether science wants to admit it or not.



posted on May, 3 2012 @ 04:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Iwinder
 


Lol don't come on here bragging about your beautiful weather dude! It's been cold and wet here in the UK today!

Also you are shocked that you had some cloud cover? Are clouds an odd event where you live?

Btw if you would like to swap for some cold and rain I'd happily trade places with you, what you say?



posted on May, 3 2012 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Starchild23
reply to post by Iwinder
 


I think you're seeing shadows, so to speak.

Stop worrying so much about all of this doomsday propaganda, and you'll be fine.


Quite possibly you are correct, but I must add that we have resided here for almost twenty years and for 18 of them I have worked on the pond and have never had this experience before.

I might be worrying about nothing but I do observe quite a bit being unemployable and spending my time in the yard.

Thanks for the reply.
Regards, Iwinder
edit on 3-5-2012 by Iwinder because: (no reason given)

edit on 3-5-2012 by Iwinder because: (no reason given)



posted on May, 3 2012 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Dude, really?

It's running up to Summer, the days are getting longer and the weather warmer, but you're surprised the Sun is hot? Some days are just like that! It also depends on the humidity and other factors to how hot it "feels", but certainly there was no global phenomenon as we've had a pretty standard April day today in the UK.



posted on May, 3 2012 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Iwinder
 


To give you some perspective, I've lived in the UK solidly since 1991 and can remember a single year when we had a heatwave and the temp peaked at 37c (2003). It hasn't ever been that hot before and hasn't even got close since, but it was a unique set of atmospheric circumstances that led to our heatwave, rather than the Sun itself.

Nothing to be worried about, it just happens from time to time.



posted on May, 3 2012 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by sligtlyskeptical
I absolutely noticed it. Was out in the yard fixing some seedlings after the hard rain and the sun was shining directly on my back. It was very noticably hotter than usual where the sun hit but the temperature as a whole was fairly mild. i said to myself that these is something different about the sun whether science wants to admit it or not.


Thanks for the input here, that is what I thought too.......besides me running for the garage I kept thinking this is not right and I have never felt this kind of heat in my 50 years plus on this planet.
Regards, Iwinder



posted on May, 3 2012 @ 04:42 PM
link   
I have 2 friends across the state from you in Kalamazoo, and a father & brother up in Sterling Heights. All 4 of them have been ranting about the oscillating weather all over the place up there in MI, and practically rage-y about the heatwave-like days. Got a hotter than normal day going today, do ya, hmm? Check the mercury & think about it.

For what it's worth, we're having a heatwave-ish streak here in FL. We're consistently around 10* above normal the past 4 days or so, the low 90's as opposed to the low-mid 80's. It's been broiling hot here, especially in the sun (as opposed to the, you know, shade) A fast alternation between extremes over the course of a week will amplify that feeling on a dime. Today peaked at 86*, and the difference feels like a mild cold front passed by. Just sayin'.



posted on May, 3 2012 @ 04:44 PM
link   
dont listen to those uk haters


Just outside edinburgh, scotland, here and we where basking in it today.. Had winds and rain all week, mild yesterday, then zang!!!!! heatwave today. Round about 15/16 degrees which is hot enough for a scotsman




posted on May, 3 2012 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by stumason
Dude, really?

It's running up to Summer, the days are getting longer and the weather warmer, but you're surprised the Sun is hot? Some days are just like that! It also depends on the humidity and other factors to how hot it "feels", but certainly there was no global phenomenon as we've had a pretty standard April day today in the UK.


The thing is here in North America it gets hot every summer and we have sun every summer, we had friends staying in town here from the UK many years ago and the heat and sun almost sent them home.

My point is I was born a raised here in this city and I have never never felt anything like the heat today and it was from the sun not the air itself.

The shade was cool but the sun was cooking me I swear.

Thanks for your addition to this thread.
Regards, Iwinder



posted on May, 3 2012 @ 04:47 PM
link   
The sun was killing me today...i'm sure my black shirt didn't help though


I can't say for certain it is hotter than previous years, but it sure seems like it.

A few weeks ago, I got sun burn when it was only 63F. I wasn't even outside for that long...

I know it's possible to get sun burn at lower temps, but I don't recall ever getting burnt so easily.



posted on May, 3 2012 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Iwinder
 


You have turned into a vampire and it's only going to get worse.



posted on May, 3 2012 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nyiah
I have 2 friends across the state from you in Kalamazoo, and a father & brother up in Sterling Heights. All 4 of them have been ranting about the oscillating weather all over the place up there in MI, and practically rage-y about the heatwave-like days. Got a hotter than normal day going today, do ya, hmm? Check the mercury & think about it.

For what it's worth, we're having a heatwave-ish streak here in FL. We're consistently around 10* above normal the past 4 days or so, the low 90's as opposed to the low-mid 80's. It's been broiling hot here, especially in the sun (as opposed to the, you know, shade) A fast alternation between extremes over the course of a week will amplify that feeling on a dime. Today peaked at 86*, and the difference feels like a mild cold front passed by. Just sayin'.



Good post and thanks, now here is our weather here right now in real time, Link below
classic.wunderground.com...

I keep saying this and I will again it is not the air temp it is the sun and it is really really hot today like no other day in my life.

I have every window open in the house right now and it is a comfortable 77 degrees right now.
But if I go out back right now and stand in the sun I will be cooked.

I see our temps are higher than Florida temps right now but I am talking about the sun!
Thanks for your thoughts and input.
Regards, Iwinder



posted on May, 3 2012 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by stumason
reply to post by Iwinder
 


To give you some perspective, I've lived in the UK solidly since 1991 and can remember a single year when we had a heatwave and the temp peaked at 37c (2003). It hasn't ever been that hot before and hasn't even got close since, but it was a unique set of atmospheric circumstances that led to our heatwave, rather than the Sun itself.

Nothing to be worried about, it just happens from time to time.


Please take the time to read my header........"Extremely hot Sun"
Thanks very much.
Regards, Iwinder



posted on May, 3 2012 @ 04:57 PM
link   
my face got blazing red/tanned from just half hour gardening

funny cuz my hairline neck and hands didnt tan yet...

and its only my face i bother with sunblock cuz my nose often turns red, burns, peels



posted on May, 3 2012 @ 04:58 PM
link   
It is extremely hot and humid here today. I know we had lows in the 30s earlier this week.



posted on May, 3 2012 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Actually, yes. I've noticed how hot the Sun itself has been today (I live in Western NY). I finished up at work and it was clear and sunny....the air temp was around 82*F, but the Sun almost hurt to be in. The temperature on my digital thermometer, when held directly in sunlight, was around 94*. I felt like I was going to burn alive, until another bank of clouds came through.

The air temp as of 5:57 EST is 81*F, and the Sun is come and go due to a cloud system coming in. The ironic thing is that our local weather station predicted thundershowers the rest of this week, and we have yet to see any of it....just a lot of thunder in the distance...what I like to call heat thunder.


While I don't really buy into a lot of the hype surrounding doomsday scenarios related to the Sun, it is indeed odd that I felt like I was standing in front of a blast furnace when in direct sunlight.


For what it's worth.




-TS




top topics



 
19
<<   2  3  4 >>

log in

join